It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real life Inception: Two mad scientists create sleep mask that lets people CONTROL their dreams

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
as long as they can get you to pay each week.
and it will not take long for the adverts...

get it out for free!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay

Originally posted by n00bUK
Total Recall 2012. Madness, I'd try it!

I wonder if there's any danger in using such a device

YOLO!!!!

lmao, what have i started

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
IT'S A DEVICE OF THE ILLUMINATI!

But in all seriousness, I've been waiting for something like this for years. Probably going to wait a couple more, though. $95 is a bit too expensive for a college student budget. I had my first lucid dream a few months ago, anyway. I learned how to fly and shoot lasers from my eyes, as well as how to summon bears to rip certain people apart.

Now all we need is a counterpart device that lets you remember your dreams once you wake up...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just work on it yourself
anyone can lucid dream,
don';t need this stupid POS
pseado science bull #.

If you want to learn pm me
for free. I can lucid dream on command.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This device will stir up a morale Thunderstorm.

On one hand, I find it very interesting to be able to create a individuals "dreamworld".
On the other hand, doesn't this infringe on a individuals freewill of sub-conscience? Since we have determined in main stream society that one doesn't have control of their sub-conscience, but the sub-conscience controls you, and speaks to you through things like dreams to determine your past and present physical well being. If you alter a specific way to alert you of things happening physically, this device could cause a negative impact on everyday life for people.

Let alone having this device used for dark purposes such as manipulating another persons free will or their thought process during a lucid dreaming state for their own agenda.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This is interesting. Since people that are clairvoyant often begin to develop their abilities when they sleep, I wonder if this mask could be used as a way to awaken the clairvoyant abilities in a person earlier, or if they would never develop them on their own, jump start it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
so cool!

I only had one lucid dream before, I totally just walked out of the house and FLEW straight up into the air when I realized I was dreaming.

Pretty cool stuff, too bad it ended wayyy too early.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This would be most useful to me at the moment, as I am currently trying to Astral Project and work with Lucid Dreaming to control my subconscious or at least communicate. Once I get in, I got some questions that need answering like only I can

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ive had lucid dreams before, its a side effect of some medications as welll as withdrawals from others..
I hated it and was so happy when I went back to normal dreaming.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Who needs virtual reality devices if you can dream it instead. I've had some very real dreams in my life that I wish I could keep them going indefinitely.
edit on 21-5-2012 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I've been a "day dreamer" all my life. But still a wiled dream can be life impacting - I had one of those in 1994 and began practicing dream-journaling, TM, LD, etc. I think practices remembering dreams and especially meditation (lucid dreaming) helps to CONTROL dreams to enough extent to avoid negative dreams.

But like how sticks with string patterns and feathers sell really well (dream catchers), a few LEDs with a simple osciallator circuit will surely win some supporters and keep selling... good racket.

Oh and why call them "Mad scientists"? They just might be onto more than a gimmick that sells like crazy.

And why stop with lights into the eyes? How about a few electro-magnetic probes to induce electrical waveforms to specific areas? When someone patents that remember I said it here first.- select the frequencies too - prolly have various settings like dream/halucinate, sleep, and knock-out-punch.
oh and certain emotion-based things like "exercise oriented", "peace/flowers", "war/rage", too.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You can make a similar device at home, though it requires some trial and error, and depending on the person, a bit of self training in the methods of lucid dreaming. Most people have trouble maintaining control of a lucid dream, which why most of the time you wake up as soon as you realize that you are in fact dreaming.

Anyway, if you want to make your own, simply create an alarm on your phone. You want the alarm to be something very subtle, definitely not too loud. Perhaps a few short beeps. And it needs to self-terminate. If it keeps going, it could wake you up and then you'd have to start over. Set the alarm for when you think you will be fast asleep, as they say. If everything goes as planned, you'll hear the beeps (keep the phone or alarm close to your ear), and your brain should be instantly reminded that you are dreaming.

Another pretty easy method is a WILD (wake induced lucid dream). If you wake up in the middle of the night, or even early in the morning, you can trick your brain into thinking you fell back to sleep. The trick is to not move at all. Close your eyes, and lie perfectly still. Relax your body as though you're already asleep again, but maintain your own consciousness. Within a few minutes, your brain will actually begin the dreaming process, and you'll still be "awake". At this point, you can enter the dream and control it. You can schedule a WILD by setting an alarm or just let it happen naturally when you wake up.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

In a twist straight out of the movie Inception, a duo of developers from Brooklyn, New York, have built a sleeping mask designed to allow people to have lucid dreams that they can control.

While it may look like a standard sleeping mask, Remee has been billed as a special REM (Rapid Eye Movement) enhancing device that is supposed to help steer the sleeper into lucid dreaming by making the brain aware that it is dreaming.

The goal of the product is to allow people to have the dreams of their choice, from driving a race car to flying to having lunch with Abraham Lincoln.

Read more: http

But I don't wanna have lunch with Abe Lincoln!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wonder how this would work for someone who can sleep with four, 100 watt light bulbs shining in their eyes.

I can tell you this though... My dreams have been planned at times. You just need to think about what you want to dream about, right beford you fall asleep. Not fool proof, but the mask doesn't sound like it s either.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I tested my theory by groping the girl next to me. She freaked out and I decided that I had just woken from sleeping in class, effectively tricking myself into thinking I was awake during my dream.

And what if that part had been real? What if you really had just awakened from a dream in class, and the girl's reaction was real?
THAT would have been priceless! And, the excuse that you thought you were dreaming probably would not have saved you from the ass whoopin and expulsion. Probably still worth it though.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I guess most people really want to be able to do this and at first, I also thought it was pretty cool but after two years it really became taxing on my psyche.
I couldnt control the dreams I had but I could determine the directions that the dreams went once they started. I would wake up around 5 or so times during my sleep and I would pick up the dream that I left off with.
Because of this though, I never felt rested, it was like my day never ended because everything seemed real.
After some time, I just wanted to get a deep sleep and wake up without and not remember anything, so I finally convinced a Dr to give me a script of valium and after several nights of taking way more than I shouldve, it stopped.

I suppose that some do it with no problems but for me, it sucked. My sleep is the one place I can break from reality, I sure as hell dont want it to be so real that it interferes with that.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Although most of the readers here have probably seen it or heard of it, I'd like to mention Richard Linklater's epic movie on lucid dreaming, " Waking Life". An entire film on lucid dreaming, with the added benefit of lessons, rants, deep thoughts, and some good music. One guy in the movie says he knows he's lucid dreaming when he tries to turn the lights off in a room, and the light switch won't turn them off. He says for some reason we can't turn lights off in dreams. Anyway, a good movie - and I saw a poll years ago that said it was people's favorite movie to watch while climbing "high" in a tree, either getting onto its branches directly from the grass underfoot or standing on a mushroom to give you a boost. And it contains an appearance and a couple of rants from Alex Jones! So If you haven't seen "Waking Life" your in for a good film (film critic Roger Ebert said he saw it several times before writing a review of it, and wanted to see it again!).

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Use to have something of this sort. Never worked. It's supposed to use led lights in addition to sounds to stimulate your brain to accomplish this. Some funky eye glasses you use, red shield on the inside used with head phones. Cost about $500.00. Didn't work then, don't think it will work now.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They had this back in the mid to late 80's. One time I ordered this system that was basically a pair of sun glasses with lights on either side and a detector so that when it detected rapid eye movement these lights would flash and tell you it is time to go into a lucid dreaming state.
BUT, it is something that took some work. You have to train yourself to know what to do when the lights flash. Easier said than done. The cost was almost $200.
I am going to go through some stuff later and see if I can find it. If I do, I will post the info here.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Redundancy = "lucid dreams that they can control"

Lucid dreaming are dreams under one's control.

From Lucid Dreaming wikibook...

There are various gadgets you can use to become lucid easily. They generally detect when you are in the REM state and then provide a light and/or sound signal. This signal is supposed to be adjusted so that it doesn't wake you up but does enter your dream. The signal is then recognized as showing that you are dreaming, and you become lucid.

The most well-known device is the NovaDreamer from the Lucidity Institute. However, this product is no longer produced. Be sure to check for recommendations for devices from lucid dreaming forums.

A similar device is the DreamMaker. The DreamMaker works very similarly to the NovaDreamer but without the Dream Alarm feature, which worked to wake the dreamer in the middle of the REM state. This device comes with a mask, a circuit board with adjustable controls, the batteries needed to operate it, a short owner's manual, a lucid dreaming workbook, and the Stephen LaBerge book ''Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming''. The circuit board is supplied completely ready to use, but you have to insert the batteries and put the circuit board into the mask yourself.

An alternative is the Kvasar. The Kvasar costs about $20 in raw materials, but needs to be constructed by somebody skilled in electronics as it is not sold commercially. It can also be hard to operate.

Another do-it-yourself alternative to commercial dreaming masks is Nate True's Lucid Dream Mask, which does not bother with difficult-to-calibrate sensors and just uses a timer for flashing lights, and has (ostensibly) competitive results with all of the former gadgets.

The owners of Wellness Tools, who makes the DreamMaker, and Kvasar have not had friendly relations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join