It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened ATS??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
**********INCOMMING********

----- jet contrail crashes into town in southern hemisphere--------
--------more too follow----
most likely hoax material.

oppswww.abovetopsecret.com...

Me.
edit on 19-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

As a semi-new member I find that lots of threads here start out good and then someone derails it to a sidecar, where clowns fight and the pizza being delivered is cold. Some of the more interesting threads - the science, deep political conspiracies, etc. - tend to chase away the twitter crowd because they see too much real discussion and run to catch the latest UFO-landing-on-top-the-sun thread. OP's like "Rising Against" always get good discussions going, simply because of the quality of his initial posts. So all is not lost.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I get ticked off when ya make a response to the thread, and some joker makes a offensive comment about you.
I don't mind if someone disagrees with me...fine I cool with that. Personal attacks are inappropriate.
It's like when someone releives themself in the public pool and laughs. Grrr!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Iam the new...ATS is a cool site with very good and sometimes stupid information

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ATS has become nothing more then a news site where anything is posted.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
ATS isn't any really different than any other site I've been on.

You really can't have a discussion without someone getting offended at you because you have a different or dissenting opinion than you do and they must teach you the error of their ways because they, and only they, can be right and you must all bow down before them.

However, not all forums I've been on have the hatred towards Jews and atheists that this site does.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Man, its 'cause they banned all the intelligent people for saying stuff that wasn't politically correct or up to the status quo!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

What's happened to ATS is that we've run out of conspiracies. No, seriously.

All the old ones have been flogged to death, and only a few fanatics and monomaniacs care to keep going back into them with the kind of obsessive detail you have to in order to scavenge any more nourishment from their picked-over carcasses. The new conspiracies simply aren't that interesting – they're either absurd or there isn't enough meat on them to sustain a decent conversation. The best they're good for is a typical ATS slagfest where people accuse each other of bias, hypocrisy, closed minds, downright lying and working for the government, without ever once posting anything relevant to the topic.

It's true that a lot of the more interesting conspiracy-mongers have left the premises, but I think more have left voluntarily than have been banned. ATS is too mainstream for them now. They don't like nice, well-designed page layouts, multimedia features and being obliged not to call anyone a moron.

You know, I think the whole conspiracy market is running out of steam. The internet revived all the old Believe It Or Not tall tales and gave new life to perennial conspiracy workhorses like the JFK assassination theories and the Roswell Incident and dark intimations of Masonic skulduggery. It also gave a boost to a whole lot of newer ones, like chemtrails and morgellons disease and claims the Apollo landings never happened. But they've all been done to death now, old and new alike, not just on the internet but on cable television and the yellow press as well. They're even available on DVD now. The trend has been exploited to the full. The shark has been jumped.

I imagine this state of affairs has been the subject of some worried conversations in the boardroom of The Above Network, llc.

edit on 20/5/12 by Astyanax because: of consternation.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
I think you know as well as I do, the people that used to post the real ideas have been banned from this board.

I think, what you mean, is that some people manged to get themselves banned from ATS for breaking our forum rules and allowing their ego's to run away with them because they may have perceived they were above the rules?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Let's see, how to approach this without being banned.
You call it how you need to.
I think my idea is bang on, others do as well.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Let's see, how to approach this without being banned.
You call it how you need to.
I think my idea is bang on, others do as well.

I don't think your idea is bang on
I sense antagonism and jumping to conclusions

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Notice I did not say everyone, ATS is not my only avenue of speaking to folks via the web.
You are entitled to your opinion.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

What's happened to ATS is that we've run out of conspiracies. No, seriously.

All the old ones have been flogged to death, and only a few fanatics and monomaniacs care to keep going back.

It's true that a lot of the more interesting conspiracy-mongers have left the premises, but I think more have left voluntarily than have been banned. ATS is too mainstream for them now. They don't like nice, well-designed page layouts, multimedia features and being obliged not to call anyone a moron.

edit on 20/5/12 by Astyanax because: of consternation.

They haven't been done to death, they are continously hacked to death by those strange debunkers who mostly frequent those topics, and it is they who are the ones that offer nothing to the table, in fact much of what they do know to the limited extent that they use it, was often given to them by a harder working 'truther'. I know in some cases, a person would come back to me with a certain phrase that was a similie I used for the correct terminology, that's when you know who you are talking to is a chancer. My guess is that other sincere posters are able to make their own similar conclusions their way.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by artistpoet

You are entitled to your opinion.

Yes I am and I am not assuming my opinion is shared by others
I speak only for me

edit on 20-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Ah well.

If "others" do, then that's there problem I think.

I don't call it as I need to btw, I call it as I know, and if "others" tell you differently, then they're just lying - to themselves and to you.

See, there's nothing worse than a hurt ego, and some folks just can't accept that at all. That's why carpet pissers who claim the site is going down the drain - or those people who claim to have been wounded and excluded never admit it was because they broke the T&C, but always have to claim it was their opinion, or some other stupid nonsense - keep on coming back to the site via different accounts to try and stir things up.

Its old. It keeps getting older. There's a logout button, an "x" and no need to ever come back, but the fact that people do, and keep on trying to stir the pot here just proves that its their ego that is fragile, because well... they just can't leave it alone.

Or let me put it this way, if your favourite restaurant loses its chef, and you think the food isn't as good - would you continually go back to it just to complain that the food isn't as good as you remembered, or would you find another restaurant and eat there instead?

edit on 20/5/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You drive an excellent point!
I'll just star you and move on, as I come here for the entertainment value.
It is neat some of the things some people believe, it is even better reading about it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

They haven't been done to death, they are continously hacked to death by those strange debunkers who mostly frequent those topics, and it is they who are the ones that offer nothing to the table, in fact much of what they do know to the limited extent that they use it, was often given to them by a harder working 'truther'. I know in some cases, a person would come back to me with a certain phrase that was a similie I used for the correct terminology, that's when you know who you are talking to is a chancer. My guess is that other sincere posters are able to make their own similar conclusions their way.

Do you want a conversation or a session of mutual ego-frottage?

I know you, smurfy. You like to believe in all kinds of conspiracies, and it upsets you when people disagree with you about them. What you want is for people on ATS to reinforce your belief system all the time.

It is disagreement that keeps conversation alive. Two people who see eye to eye on every single subject are two people with absolutely nothing to say to each other. The people you call debunkers are the lifeblood of ATS. The site could not exist without them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join