It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened ATS??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

What happened?
I think you know as well as I do, the people that used to post the real ideas have been banned from this board.
I won't mention any nicks as this post would end up in the trash can, but look around, we are missing some thought provoking personalities.
I believe that is what happened.

Ahah...yes.. thats a definite factor. I know 2 off the top of my head that are no longer here but I wish they were!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Phage

ATS should be helping the "sheeple" turn into wolves.

ATS should be encouraging critical thought. Not applying terms like "sheeple", or "shill", or "nutcase".

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within.

Not a lot of critical thought seen anymore. Altogether too much "Hey everybody, I saw this on youtube. What do you think?"

edit on 5/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I prefer DOOMTARD... is that okay?

Joking.. joking... seriously Id like to see YOU get a post stickied with some personal links of yours. Over time you seem to have to repeat things over and over to explain certain things that the avg joe here has a question about or misunderstands. If we're going to all deny ignorance and engage in critical thinking.. we must have the data and many here dont know where to look or how to look.. or how to weed through the BS on the net due to info overload and the plethora of incorrect BS out there. Im sure most wont bother to look at the sticky, but some would.. may help.

I'm missing your point here, what is a sticky, and what links are you reffering to? Now you have me interested.

The guy I quoted.. Phage.. has some knowledge packed in that head fulla hot air that we could all benefit from having access to concerning certain subjects!

( pssst... he even has groupies here on ATS...
)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Amen brother, you are preachin" to the choir.
For a while it's been threads like I "feel" this is going to happen I "sense" this is coming.
Very little verifiable facts or links to sources.
When I first started hanging out here, about a year before I joined, I told my wife, "I found a place to go and get facts, not just dig for scraps around the internet" . I could research the subjects I'm interested in and find things about it I didn't know. ATS seems to have gone down hill. I still consider this the best site on the net, but it's not as good as it used to be.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yes some things have been very awesome, but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary arguing. There always was arguing, but not to this extent.

I was bust'in you're chops.

Uh....hem, ya I know, a lot of my threads look like this.

Then you have people like Phage and Chadwickas. They start crap everywhere they show up ! Instigators !

Seriously, it's extermely comical to watch some members engage those two. Not all of them have the first clue,
but they'll go to the bitter end.

link   

OP, stuff like this happens..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sad.

link   

OP, stuff like this happens..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sad.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Exactly. He should have his thread starting privileges revoked for a 3 month minimum. But, as you see, it's allowed, and therein lies the problem.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
reply to post by kyred

Exactly. He should have his thread starting privileges revoked for a 3 month minimum. But, as you see, it's allowed, and therein lies the problem.

Well you have to admit it HAS gotten better with the moderating these types of threads.. its nothing like it was with the GLP exodus and all of the insane threads during that time! There are so many threads and IM Onot enough mods to police those who really need it or time to guide newbies in PM concerning thread quality. I make horrible threads.. therefore I dont make them often at all.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

it would be nice to find out what is going on with the LHC its been very quiet !! this is the leading edge of technology . quantum physics is fascinating when we can get a look in !!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
LOL...You should have been here back in 2005 when the owners were making podcast's and doing live shows and anyone could join in. Back then it was fun. These days even the mod's I'm still friends with say they can't stand being here.

Well thats a bold claim, 'cause they ain't saying it to me.

However, right now in 2010 we run a live radio show on AM, Satellite and Internet. You should listen. Its been running for over two years.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Vandettas

Thats because "we" are letting it go bad. It could be like it used to be.......I think. Why shouldn't we be able to have it back? As bad as it sounds, maybe another disaster, such as the BP oil spill, or the Tsunami in Japan, etc, would bring everyone together and stop all the ridiculous in-fighting. [/quote

I think youve just mentioned the elephant in the room. No one wants another huge disaster, but you are right, the in-fighting did generally stop when these things occured. God, were so sad sometimes.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I don't want a disaster to happen, I re-read that and realized how insane it sounded, sorry. I just want intelligent conversation instead of high school arguments. ATS is where I used to go to talk with people, many of whom had different opinions than myself, without things turning into a bunch of drama. Most of the time

The BP oil spill like other disasters was real, the consequences are real. One consequence was 'Predicted' outside of ATS, very soon after the event with 100% accuracy. It was largely poo-hooed here, with the usual ad hominum, both on posters and at the origin of the source. Any anomalies concerning actual material properly used in the 'prediction' and later altered, (not at ATS) was susequently never addressed here.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by mrwupy
LOL...You should have been here back in 2005 when the owners were making podcast's and doing live shows and anyone could join in. Back then it was fun. These days even the mod's I'm still friends with say they can't stand being here.

Well thats a bold claim, 'cause they ain't saying it to me.

However, right now in 2010 we run a live radio show on AM, Satellite and Internet. You should listen. Its been running for over two years.

UH' 2010?
and three stars at the time of writing, waaasss everyone on?
edit on 19-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Since I haven't been following ATS as closely as I used to, I was wondering if anyone can point to a news item that "broke" here on ATS. I remember the Iran flotilla story breaking about 12 hours before any MSM picked up on it. That is what I love about ATS, and I hope things like that have been happening and will continue to happen in the future.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I agree with the OP and with Elle below.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

edit on 19-5-2012 by 2x Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
seems to me that everybody is trying so hard to be phage and debunk evrything here that they seem to have forgotten this is a conspiracy forum.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2x Helix
I agree with the OP and with Elle below.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

edit on 19-5-2012 by 2x Helix because: (no reason given)

A good quote, duly aknowledged. However it does not apply to the hidden faces of the internet, since all three facets in your quote, can be applied by number one to make four perceptions, the forth being deception by invention, or vice versa. I'm not being idle in saying that, it is actually true. There are three 'zones' to the internet, that of database, the servers, and us. Those within the relative safe zone of the database and the servers, can choose to pee on us us at will, and do, and they could be anybody... but known as the 'sniffers'.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I thought it was about time for a thread about the quality of threads on ATS.

It's normanly a few weeks after school is out for summer break that this subject comes up.
So, get ready for some really strange threads.

Really this is just the normal ebb and flow of this board.

Another thing that could color the situation is the mistrust and unknowing concerning what our government is up to.

I have spoken with many that are, so to speak, laying low at this time.
This may be a time to sit back and watch and listen and not test the waters due to new governmental policies concerning it's citizens.

I have visited many other conspiracy sites and ATS is by far the best I have found.
I like it, I love it and I want more of it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've been trying to point this out for at least the past six months. ATS is no longer about Truth. It's about entertainment. Even if you put together a well researched thread it doesn't get attention unless it promises doom or a massive upheaval of the status quo.

P.S. Phage: Damn you for changing your avatar. I miss John Lithgow.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
As a newbie, my two cents.

More and more are waking up to the idea that not everything is as they were told it was in their mass media. ATS offers viewpoints that arn't the typical, and are usually educated in such matters.

Also, they offer a wide range of topics. I personally, get to talk also comic book stuff here, while still getting to see such things as ufo videos, information on how the nwo is screwing me over..etc. It's alot of diversity.

So yes, there will be people now coming in that you don't agree with. That are uneducated about things you've always know about. That's why they're here. To deny ignorance. To become more educated on things we never hear about in the mass media.

Does that bring in some "face palm" threads. No doubt. Hell, I've even authored one (or two...). But that's the point of this site isn't it guys? A quest for truth.That's what all of us are here for.

Give us noobs a chance. Alot of us are a quick study. And for those that arn't, they'll fade away, because they don't really care about the issues of the day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join