It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very unnerving & strange happened last night. Please read!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Once again, this is in the Gray Area:

The Gray Area: The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

The OP has been a member since this time last year, has over one thousand posts and a few ATS friends. Why would he subject himself to such derision and skepticism from the ATS community unless he was earnestly trying to figure out what happened? Just my personal two cents...

Exactly. It seems people forget what this category is for. The OP is coherent and adequately detailed and merely seeking those who might have experienced the same thing. The flamers are always making things tough for those who want to post the unusual or weird. This website is built for those who want to share said experiences and not have to feel like they've committed some horrible blunder when others start with accusations of fraud or attention seeking. Personally, when well written and detailed, I love these type of posts the most...from regular citizens experiencing circumstances that are clearly chilling and remind us that this world can defy the cozy little place of predictable reality that we are used to.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

LOL is someone actually saying he is lying? I think it is clear he is not, if someone doubts, then this shows that even if you showed or told something real, no one would believe you. And the short-sightness of skepticism.

If you wanted to be real, you would have to think what that was not, was it true or not. In the case I didn't learn were there storms or not, a lightning strike nearby could totally do that. If not, could be some electricity short-circuit and I think in general aliens may be real but this is not the case here. This to me seems hardly any UFO - this is the meaning of being objective, leaving all you think in general aside and focusing on this one

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Originally posted by Jechu
reply to post by chrismicha77

Very interesting story, and strange!
You said there was no electricity, did you notice if your mobile phone was working?

Cheers

The phone worked as far as having power, but I had no service till this morning.

I did not read all 12 pages, so this may have been answered, but a "fast busy" means the trunk lines are all used up. If you call someone else and get this, it means a lot of people are trying to get to them as well. Land lines have their own power supply, so a phone that is not electrtonic will "work" without electricity being on. The telcos have large batteries in their basement for this purpose. Electronic phones (like most with built in answering machines) need AC power to get you a dial tone. Point: Keep an old princess phone around for emergencies.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I want to thank you all for your responses, ideas, and given me insight to what may have happened.

To those that doubt what happened, I thank you too, if we didn't question things, we wouldn't be human.

For those who are confused about what I said, concerning the anti weapon explanation I tried to give, I'll try to elaborate. What I meant was, if anyone ever remembers watching & hearing the first invastion in Iraq, when all the anti weapon artillery was being fired, that's what it sounded like. NO I've never been in battle, I wasn't in the military either. But if I were, this is what I would compare it to.

Sorry if I haven't responded to you alls questions, I've been gone today, but I'll try to get to them asap. If you have questions feel free to U2U me.

I spoke with my stepdad today and he works for Entergy. He says that there was no powerstation that had issues, he says they do not know the cause of the outage. A crew was called into work to address the issue, by the time they got on the road, the lights came back on. They're still looking into the problem as far as he knows.

Thanks again guys.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

keep us updated.....just ignore the people razzing you.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by pavil

Yes, I agree with this poster. The are a bunch of dip#s on this forum, dont worry about them.

Speak to the neighbors and your local press and please keep us posted on official explanations...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01

stay off the drugs kids...

You have the wrong thread, move along.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

You said ...........When all this starts to subside I look at my phone and 40 minutes have past, but it only seemed like maybe 15 or 20 minutes.

Hmmm, Funny how your phone did not work, you had no power, but yet it still had a working clock? And wheres the cell phone? You could have called from that? Sorry not buying this, seems a little expired!

Funny, this post makes NO sense! My cell phone had power, my cell phone has an internal clock, so my cell phone kept the time! Funny how I said nothing about a land line phone. Funny how I said my phone had 'no service' meaning cell phone.

Sorry but this story is not for sale.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

4:05am - This is where things start to get weird and my mind starts racing. I start to hear what sounds like anti weapon gun fire or almost as if a battle were taking place in the distance. I jump up and run to the front deck to listen and the sounds get more intense, echoing everywhere. During this I could hear faint booms that were different from the original sounds. All I can describe it as is like being in the middle of a battlefield. I can hear people talking in the neighborhood but I don't know where it was coming from, so someone else heard it. About 10 minutes into this I start seeing flashes of light in the sky coming from the East. At this point my adrenaline is pumping and I lose track of time. When all this starts to subside I look at my phone and 40 minutes have past, but it only seemed like maybe 15 or 20 minutes.

Fire away!
edit on 18-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

What does "anti weapon gunfire" sound like? My guess, it sounds like regular gunfire. That being said, isn't it more likely you heard a bunch of Mississippi rednecks out hunting with spot lights? Chances are one of the yokels shot a transformer.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

If you've already answered this earlier in the thread, my apologies.

You mentioned your dog early in the story. Can you tell us about his normal behavior? Is he normally that fearful with any other phenomena?

No she doesn't get scared much, even during bad weather. She doesn't act weird at any other time, she's just a good dog.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It was a cell phone, not a land line phone.

Let me make this more clear to those who say that a cell phone with 'no service' won't get a fast busy sound.

Take a cell phone that has no service, try to make a call, you hear a fast beeping or busy sound. This is what I kept getting.

Also, for those saying the cell phone wouldn't keep time, the cell phone will keep time even with 'no service'. If yours does not then you need a newer cell phone.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tdatreefrog

i live in central NY and our power went out at about 4 in the morning as well. i was sleeping at the time though so i dont know if anything else happened. thats 3 states that had power outages

edit: 4 states, just read the louisiana post
edit on 5/19/2012 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I just read through the whole thread, OP.

It's an awesome account of a real human experience and I enjoyed imagining it happening to me.

Thanks for sharing! And, you may never find the answer but it's a cool memory to have

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I already asked this but you missed it.
So why didnt you made pictures or recorded any evidence with your smartphone?
It just missed your mind?

I heard a story here on ATS about a woman who experienced a strange event.There was flash in the story and helicopters after it.
But eventually nobody remembered anything about the event,that by the way happened in daylight.
However she took her cellphone and could record some evidence about the helicopters and her memory wasnt ereased completely as others.But it strengthened her in what happened to her,because what he recorded wasnt,in others memory after.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I want to thank you all for your responses, ideas, and given me insight to what may have happened.

To those that doubt what happened, I thank you too, if we didn't question things, we wouldn't be human.

Hi Chris,

Like you, I'm a level headed and logical thinking guy and always try to find a logical explanation to what I experienced before saying that eventually something weird happens to me.

When I read your first post, it immediately sounds in my head in a strong way. I don't know how to exactly describe it, but it's like if your story was my story.
My feeling is that it's some sort of "déjà vu", and that I experienced the exact same thing here, in France, a very long time ago.
Don't ask me to exactly describe how and when, I couldn't help, but I can assure you that at this exact moment, I have a very strange feeling and that the whole thing is going in circles in my head...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I was talking to a cousin who lives in MS and mentioned reading this thread. He said all of last week the news was talking about live fire drills that were going to done end of week until Sunday. Maybe that is why none of your neighbors were alarmed... Maybe live rounds hit a transformer and cell phone tower.
edit on 19-5-2012 by jiggysmb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
Sniff sniff I smell bullsh...... 50 mins of guns firing and you captured nothing on camera?.
Go tell you made up stories on story sites.

Time for a new diaper...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
I dont think there is any power in the land phone lines. I could be wrong

You are partially wrong, during a ring the voltage hits 40 or 50 volts I believe which powers the ringer.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the post OP! I believe you, ignore those that don't! I live just outside New Orleans, LA, we haven't lost power recently. Your story was very interesting! I'd love to know if you find out anything more about what happened that night.
edit on 19-5-2012 by WhoDat09 because: On the iPad it's really hard to type!!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't know what "anti-weapon" guns are. Do you mean "anti-aircraft"? AA Guns as they call em.

Please answer this and update the OP because it's confusing a lot of people.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join