I'm not sure what forum to post this in, so I'll try The Gray Area. I'm am a level headed and logical thinking guy. What happened last night has got
me unnerved and I don't get that way. All the events of last night are as they happened, with no exaggeration, and all times are approximate.
- I awake to my dog whining and acting strange, I also find that the power is off. So I get up to check on her and she is shaking. So I
pick her up and grab a flashlight to inspect the breaker box. I flip the breaker but nothing happens and so I go to let her outside, but to my
surprise all the power in the neighborhood is out.
- I grab my phone to call Entergy and all I get is a fast busy signal. Come to find out my phone as no service.....now I begin to
- I go back outside to see if any of the neighbors were out and about. I don't see anyone, but while I was out I noticed the air has a
static charge to it, almost hair raising. I've never experienced anything like this before and don't know what to compare it to.
- I came back in to check my phone and I still have no service. So at this point even though things seem odd, I go lay back down in
- This is where things start to get weird and my mind starts racing. I start to hear what sounds like anti weapon gun fire or almost as
if a battle were taking place in the distance. I jump up and run to the front deck to listen and the sounds get more intense, echoing everywhere.
During this I could hear faint booms that were different from the original sounds. All I can describe it as is like being in the middle of a
battlefield. I can hear people talking in the neighborhood but I don't know where it was coming from, so someone else heard it. About 10 minutes into
this I start seeing flashes of light in the sky coming from the East. At this point my adrenaline is pumping and I lose track of time. When all this
starts to subside I look at my phone and 40 minutes have past, but it only seemed like maybe 15 or 20 minutes.
- The sounds have stopped and so have the flashes of light. Everything becomes eerily quiet and I can hear people moving about. I hang
outside for maybe 10 more minutes and then decide all was over. I go back in and pick my pup up and she's stopped shaking, she's now acting normal.
The lights and phone are still out though.
exactly - I hear multiple helicopters near by but can't locate them. They were coming and going for about 5 minutes until moving on.
Things get back to normal.
So this is pretty much the end of all the events that occured and the power just recently came back on. My neighbor confirmed the events with me this
morning, although he didn't see the flashes.
Also, my brother who lives 10 miles away also lost power and heard the helicopters when he got up. We called the power company and they said it was an
'unknown' reason for the outtage. I'm still trying to piece all this together and get more info.
So there you have it, as best as I can describe it all. I hope I didn't miss anything and if I have anything else to add I will update. At this point
I am at a total loss as to what happened and I'm trying not to speculate.
I live in East Central, MS by the way. If anyone has anything they can add or help me figure out what went on please contribute. I'm trying to think
logically about this and find a good answer.
edit on 18-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)