It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very unnerving & strange happened last night. Please read!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

NC is Wild..its happening here too..just ride the wave!! If you have to leave youre State go Northwest- Montana or South Dakota, Wyoming

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You know about the Animal Issue?? When the birds are not singing and there is a quiet silence in the area..or Dogs are barking at nothing you can see..or just laying down like they are afraid..This all means there are Aliens in the area...
edit on 19-5-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I agree! Its really bad in Virginia and West Virginia

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Check out MUFON..go to the upper right and click on Maps..type in youre area and check this out..I just checked this out..you guys have allot of reports down there..I dont know how current..I didnt have time to go through all of them..I wish you the best! NC

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Interesting story. S&F from me.

A logical scenario to fit this would be there was an electrical storm in your area as you slept. Lightening may have struck nearby and your dog would have felt it before you. Knocking out the power from a surge like that is not uncommon and if it also impacted a local cellphone tower, it would take out your phone service. It would also create the ozone or static electricity that you noticed outside.

Once the popping sounds occurred later, probably from a transformer and downed lines, they would have created the light show you described. All of the light was white, as you described and apparently the sounds like gunfire were also of similar pitch and intensity. In a true battle, there are multiple kinds of weapons used, each with their own distinct sounds. From your description, the sound and lights were consistent, never varied although random and continuous.

When the power company tried to restore the power, it may have actually caused this to happen, one of the reasons they would deny knowledge (liability/incompetence). Having the power out for over an hour, based on your time line, would be in line with the time needed to respond. They may have already been on or near the scene when it happened.

You felt that you were watching this for 15-20 minutes but afterwards realized that it was closer to 45 minutes. When one is entranced by what they are watching, time seems to move differently. A 2-hour movie can feel like 1 hour, for example. The other day as I was getting ready for work, I looked at the clock, watched a few minutes of a sports report and then realized it was 15 minutes later. I swear it was more like 5 but...a time slip or attention/awareness malfunction?

Finally, the helicopters. You never saw how many but stated that there was more than one. It is possible that there was an injury that required a Medivac. If a second joined them, it could have been a police chopper also responding to the scene of the accident.

I would hope (or expect) that your local newspaper would be able to put the pieces together on this with a few phone calls. However, as engaging a story as this may be (and I believe truthful) the above scenario could explain the incident.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
It sounds like a small substation or a pole mounted step-down transformer exploded.

I've seen pole mounted step-down transformers blow before and they are better than fireworks.

It is not uncommon for electricity suppliers to fob off requests for information after a failure as it reduces the risk of people claiming money for damaged power goods.

This is exactly what I was thinking as soon as he talked about the sounds and the lights he saw. I had a transformer blow maybe 10 feet from my house, maybe 10 feet from my bed room window in fact. It was very loud, I ran all the way out my house and into my backyard, there were repeated explosion sounds, just like the gun fire sounds the OP described. Scared the crap outta me, and yes, there were a crap loud of sparks and "fireworks". It did make the power go out.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My lights have gone out twice recently. The most recent time a few days ago, my lights went out for a second, came back on, then finally total blackness for just a few minutes. This was 2 AM, after I was hearing strange noises all night.
The time before that it was about 11 PM and all he lights went out suddenly. I went up on top of my roof and noticed all the street lights were out along the highway and throughout my neighborhood. Then I saw a huge colorful explosion which I recognized as a transformer blowing up. It is indeed better than fireworks lol.
I suppose it's normal for colorful flashes to continue even after the lights have been out for a while in the event of a transformer blowing up?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Sorry, but I have seen such things. Very very bright flashes, look like bombs going off in the distance. when you get close, the flashes almost burn your eyes, can't look at them directly. I saw the flashes from about 7 miles away on the freeway and I probably could have seen them from much further away.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Gawd this is hard to follow so i dont know if its been posted...but it looks like a place called Camp Moore was a civil war base in the area actually LA near hattiesburg...and also some action took place at a place called Chunchilla to the east of Hattiesburg as well....the dates of the actions i have not yet found , but it may be some anniversary of these places or others ive not found yet...still lookin though...in support of the ghost army theory....cheers...s

May 18th 19th Sewells point battle where two gunboats shot the crap out of each other doing little damage however.....
Battleof Vicksburg fought starting May 17 th 1863.....lots of carnage...Near you??

edit on 19-5-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Maybe, it was military exercise do you live far from a military base. It sounds as if you live out side of big city. Could be they be just practicing military maneuvers out your way. Very strange though that your power ans phone service would go out, unless this was some type of a scenario they thought of, like an EMP strike. That would take care of all things electrical and computers You wouldn't have the battery either, I don't think.. Do they have a similator like that or did they get cooperation from the utility companies.
Anyway very strange indeed, if it was a military training thing, then what are they expecting, or prepping for, hope you don't have any more nights like that, if you do I would try to find out whatt was going on, get with the neighbors and investigate. Too bad the media doesn't explain things like they should.

edit on 19-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

40mins of transformer exploding..........easy....I have seen a newer style one go for a little over two hours. The old ones (before the banning of dioxins) have been know to bubble/burn for a few days as the older electrolytes were more stable around heat.

Energy companies have usually have several helicopters they use for checking the power lines.

The helicopters are fitted with thermal imaging cameras which are used to detect weak points in the power lines......called "Hot spots" due to their temperature signature.

Here is an old video from the UK on the thermal imagers used by power companies...note that this is a few years old now and the thermal imaging technique is in wide use.

edit on 18/5/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

Cool....we may have a winner!

Not likely if the power was out BEFORE the explosions.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Perhaps all are going crazy. Did you recognize particular strange voices of neighbors, family members, the decieced, Etc...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
Sniff sniff I smell bullsh...... 50 mins of guns firing and you captured nothing on camera?.
Go tell you made up stories on story sites.

100% my thoughts exactly the time frame takes place over several hours and some obviously visual events and he doesn't get a camera? Has there been any corroboration?

ok I say Aliens... LOL

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Once again, this is in the Gray Area:

The Gray Area: The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

The OP has been a member since this time last year, has over one thousand posts and a few ATS friends. Why would he subject himself to such derision and skepticism from the ATS community unless he was earnestly trying to figure out what happened? Just my personal two cents...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I know that if I were a part of the government tasked with sending a team in to eliminate a group that is perceived as a threat I would shut the power and telecommunication off before sending the boys in during the middle of the night. Sounds unbelieveable but it definitetly fits what you described much better than a transformer exploding. I've seen that happen a couple of times. One big boom and flash and THEN the power is out. The power doesn't go out 2 hours before the transformer explodes and then boom pop bam pow flash flash. You CANNOT confuse a transformer exploding with a gunfight. And you do not send more than one helicopter, if any at all, to check it out.

It really sounds like some group got hit by the government based on what you've told us.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

I agree with Mkoll here.

This sounds like some type of Swat tactics or high risk gov't takedown. Or the Feds took down some type of compound or whatever.It could be the cops took down a Meth Lab in the middle of the night and cut power to a specific area. They probably jammed communications as well. The reason for this would be they would have a tactical advantage with infrared goggles etc.

I'm not saying with certainty this is what happened but seems the most plausible.

Either that or the more exciting time-slip scenario

A dimensional overlap occured sending the neighbourhood back to the Civil War era

That just sound more fun!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think I know what it was.
Thors hammer came down to Earth. Causing an EMP when it smashed into the ground.
Thor came after it and got into a fight with the military

No seriously, it sounds very strange indeed.
If anything comes up on the news, it probably was not that crazy, or at least TPTB are able to cover it up in a reasonable way.
If the news does not speak about it at all, well then I think that there is a real issue.

If you hear something like this again, try to make a recording of the sounds.
Perhaps it will not prove what it is, but at least it will easier to determine what it is not.
edit on 19-5-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Well, so far this is the only thing I've found online that seems similar. However, it's near Baton Rouge, Louisiana. But the timing of the outage seems to be a close match:

About 3,400 people in the Baton Rouge area were without power early Friday morning. According to Entergy's website, about 1,600 people in Baton Rouge and over 1,700 people in Donaldsonville were in the dark at one point. All of the Baton Rouge customers and over half of the ones in Donaldsonville got their electricity back before 5:35 a.m.

Source

Also, I'll just put it out there... There have been a lot of rumors that the military is preparing for a large-scale, possibly worldwide "false flag" event involving aerial defense, and what you described sounds an awful lot like an air-raid blackout like they used to do in World War II when they thought the Japanese were attacking the mainland.

Makes me a bit nervous but in the end, there's an awful lot of speculation going on, so without any more concrete explanations, we're kinda forced to just shrug our shoulders.

Also, I'm wondering why there aren't more reports about this particular event. I haven't seen a single one yet, and you'd think there would be a lot of people talking about it.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Magnus47 because: fixed quote

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow, possibly some type of war games going on in the middle of the night...Your story was eerie to say the least, I bet your mind was just racing. You must have thought invasion of some type...very weird

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
At a rare hour of consciousness, a man gets a rare glimpse of something mysterious taking place.
Imagine if he hadn't woken up, gone out...and then reported this event. Nobody would ever know about it.
How often is this happenning?...probably much more often than we would imagine.

The thing about war is that after the initial strategic moves...it begins to get very messy...very quickly.
Before long, everyone knows about it.

What if we have a war...that nobody can see?

edit on 19-5-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It sounds like a small substation or a pole mounted step-down transformer exploded.

I've seen pole mounted step-down transformers blow before and they are better than fireworks.

It is not uncommon for electricity suppliers to fob off requests for information after a failure as it reduces the risk of people claiming money for damaged power goods.

Hi, this may have already been mentioned but according to the OP, the time duration of noise and flashes exceeds that of a power transformer failure. I've seen plenty of transformer/substation failures and they are usually brief...maybe a few minutes tops. And it's an awfully big coincidence for loss of phone service at the same time. The whole event as described doesn't seem easily explained. My 3 cents.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join