It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

But, it did exist, when you were born...

Obama has the opposite problem.

It seems to not really be much of a problem for him, yet.

The hospital Obama was born in exists now and existed when he was born.
Are birthers really this thrown off by name changes?
When Route 259 was changed to "Union Street" no one I know was under the impression one of those streets ceased to exist. Same street, new name.

What is your issue again?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by Annee

McCain was born in an American hospital on AMERICAN soil, no need for the law to be retroactive.

Still waiting for the name of that hospital and proof McCain was born there.
What is taking so long?
Do you need Joe Arpaio to look into it for you yet?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

www.breitbart.com...

From the OP's source.

I'm not American so this issue is more interesting to me as an insane side show rather than a real conspiracy.

IF Obama was born in Kenya then the overwhelming trend would surely have been painting Obama as Kenyan yet the OP's source points out that several contemporary accounts portray Obama as American born with the Acton & Dystel account being ERRANT.

The reality is though, he is President.
That is the reality.

If you have to rely on 22 year old biography that is errant and contradicted by a trend of contemporary material.
You must be really, really, really desperate.
Really.
Really.
Really.
Really.
Desperate.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
If you have to rely on 22 year old biography that is errant and contradicted by a trend of contemporary material.
You must be really, really, really desperate.
Really.
Really.
Really.
Really.
Desperate.

Well, it is all birthers actually have - every court case they have started has failed and will fail, and it looks like Obama will be re-elected for a 2nd term.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Well, it is all birthers actually have - every court case they have started has failed and will fail, and it looks like Obama will be re-elected for a 2nd term.

Do you think there may be a reason for that ?

The pattern is astounding.

They keep establishing the same thing over and over.

Almost like it's a deliberate attempt to keep reminding people of something.

Makes some people wonder if all those cases were initiated by Obama shills.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Do you think there may be a reason for that ?

yes, the birthers have zero facts, only silly conspiracy theories - remember, they even lost a court case to a empty table!

The pattern is astounding.

They keep establishing the same thing over and over.

Very true - every court case has established that the birthers have zero evidence for their silly conspiracy theories!

Almost like it's a deliberate attempt to keep reminding people of something.

That birthers have a silly conspiracy theory? people already know that

Makes some people wonder if all those cases were initiated by Obama shills.

no, just silly birthers like Orly Taitz

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'm all over the dish on this issue. I see both sides(it's the libra in me). I'm fairly convinced that Obama was not born here. So, he lied about it. But neither was McCain. It's a violation of the constitution. But, if Obama were:
1) white and

2) doing a good job, and the economy was good..

Would anyone care? Keep in mind, it was just a few years ago that some congress critters were considering amending the constitution just so schwarzenegger could run for president. So, although a valid issue, I continue to point out disparities I believe are, motivated by his race and not the law. I have used different versions of my name during my acting career. I'm black. And, let me tell you, the weirdness and suspicion I got for it is amazing. Very similar to what I'm seeing against President Obama. I think this is more distraction than anything else. The reason I want him out of the oval office is his complete lack of spine re: Israel and a hundred other issues, plus NDAA and all that comes with.

Not his name. Not his country of origin.
edit on 26-5-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

Edit: I honestly wish Hillary Clinton was POTUS. There would be a 2 state solution and no war with Iran if she were. I think she would go upside bibi netanyahoo's head with a phone book if he dropped one bomb on Iran..he wouldn't dare try it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sheriff Joe Arpaio, podcast interview
ktsa.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Ok, Ms. Ann Dunham (Obama's mother) was born Kansas in in 1942. Ms. Dunham remained an American Citizen till her death in 1995.

Let's say that Obama was born to an American Mother and a Kenyan Father overseas in Kenya. Ms. Dunham lived a number of years in the US. Worked for the US overseas and had many job releated reasons to be outside the USA.

Correct me if I am wrong...under most situations if President Obama was born to an American Citizen outside the united states he has rights to American Citizenship.

A relative of mine went through the same situation.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7

Correct me if I am wrong...under most situations if President Obama was born to an American Citizen outside the united states he has rights to American Citizenship.

Not the same as natural born.

Must be born on American soil to be natural born - - or born of military parents abroad (simplistic version).

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What this comes down to is Obama's integrity.

OK to take credit for being born in Kenya if it helps his early publishing career.

Not OK when he is running for President.

Obama brought this issue upon himself for not correcting these "misconceptions" early on.

Never forget that Reverend Wright was paid big bucks to keep his mouth shut, how much did it cost Obama to keep this quiet?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by takaris7
reply to post by stanguilles7

Ok, Ms. Ann Dunham (Obama's mother) was born Kansas in in 1942. Ms. Dunham remained an American Citizen till her death in 1995.

Let's say that Obama was born to an American Mother and a Kenyan Father overseas in Kenya. Ms. Dunham lived a number of years in the US. Worked for the US overseas and had many job releated reasons to be outside the USA.

A relative of mine went through the same situation.

To be natural-born, you have to be

A) Born on US Soil
or
B) Born on any foreign soil, to 2 parents who are US citizens

B) does not apply to Obama, since his father was a Kenyan citizen

So Obama has to be born on Hawaii which he claims in order to be eligible for president. Choice A is what is in question.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Well, I think the whole law is a bit vague-somewhat.

And, I think that someday, the list of eligable people will be extremely small. Then it would be bad as the "new masses" would not take kindly not being able to have one of their own of being POTUS etc. (like a 100 years plus) IMO

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Let me begin by saying I am in no way a supporter of Obama. However, after delving into this specific topic over the past couple of years, I've come to what I believe is an accurate conclusion. It seems to me like Obama simply used the "born in Kenya" ploy to receive financial aid while he was growing up. It is a known fact that he received money for his education by claiming to be a foreigner, and I think it's safe to assume that he just ended up having to run with that story to avoid looking dishonest. However, between 2004-2007 when he began running for political positions, he was quick to start having that information pulled from public view, and changed to his natural birthplace, Hawaii, in hopes of preventing exactly what has happened anyway with this "birther movement."

-Nos

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nostalgic
It is a known fact that he received money for his education by claiming to be a foreigner,

No, that silly claim was a April fool's joke that birthers fell for! And are still falling for.

www.factcheck.org...

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

To be natural-born, you have to be

A) Born on US Soil
or
B) Born on any foreign soil, to 2 parents who are US citizens

B) does not apply to Obama, since his father was a Kenyan citizen

So Obama has to be born on Hawaii which he claims in order to be eligible for president. Choice A is what is in question.

There used to be 3 kinds of American citizens. White males of good and moral character who were born in the country were "natural born" citizens. Then there were the "naturalized" white male citizens, then there were woman.

Naturalization Act of 1790
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The original United States Naturalization Law of March 26, 1790 (1 Stat. 103) provided the first rules to be followed by the United States in the granting of national citizenship. This law limited naturalization to immigrants who were "free white persons" of "good moral character". It thus left out American Indians, indentured servants, slaves, free blacks, and later Asians. While women were included in the act, the right of citizenship did "not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States...." Citizenship was inherited exclusively through the father. This was the only statute that ever recognized the status of natural born citizen, requiring that state and federal officers not consider American children born abroad to be foreigners. .[1][2]

The law never required both parents to be US citizens in order to be "natural born" citizen. Woman were unable to impart citizenship. Woman weren't able to inherit property and had no property rights, voting rights, the right to initiate a divorce or to own a business. Woman were automatically made "property" of the US government through citizenship upon their marriage to an American Citizen, but couldn't get it on their own.

Colored people, such as African Americans. American Indians and Asians were not allowed citizenship. One had to be white!

Now days there are only 2 types of citizens, natural born and naturalized. Obama was not naturalized, his ciitzenship was given automatically, and required to legal action to activate.

Fortunately, we have overcome these bigoted rules and now a single woman can impart citizenship to her children without them even knowing who their fathers are. Even people of color can run for and serve in the highest office in the country!

^ Lynch v. Clarke, 3 N.Y.Leg.Obs. at 250. "Upon principle, therefore, I can entertain no doubt, but that by the law of the United States, every person born within the dominions and allegiance of the United States, whatever were the situation of his parents, is a natural born citizen
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-6-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

at the very least this shows that Obama's identity has been very "flexible" in order to suit his needs at any given moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by betheflow

Yes, flexible... That's it. At the very least he is a liar, yes.

I think we can agree. Tomato Tomoto....

Star

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm still not seeing any proof. Just a load of, well, piffle.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
I'm still not seeing any proof. Just a load of, well, piffle.

Maybe open your eyes and read the article provided.

Or just bury your head back in the sand, and vote 0bama the next go around.

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88 >>

join