It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Just providing the link. I have already stated in this thread that I am not a birther.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Yeah, he claimed he was told by other people in the office there was no record.

You never even read the post....

he claimed he was told by someone who was told by someone else there was no record...

BS!

“My supervisor came and told me, ‘Of course, there’s no birth certificate. What? You stupid,’” Adams said. “She usually spoke well, but in saying this she reverted to a Hawaiian dialect. I really didn’t know how to respond to that. She said it and just walked off. She was quite a powerful lady

Spoor alert!
edit on 5/18/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: Spoor is bad news

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Just providing the link.

Except of course your link does not show Michelle saying "he was born in kenya", so why did you post it?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Just providing the link.

Except of course your link does not show Michelle saying "he was born in kenya", so why did you post it?

I knew what the other poster was referencing, so I provided the link. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The Student article , has the student making commentary about where he thought the President was born, he didn't quote the half sister 9 years the president's junior. The article where Obama is reported as saying he was born at Queens Medical Center, but not actually quoted " " was around the same time, which maybe where the student got his commentary information from. If I said to you the President was born in the hospital founded by the Queen, which hospital would you think he meant ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

he claimed he was told by someone who was told by someone else there was no record...

BS!

Yet another birther who never even bothered to actually read the affidavit!

6. Senior officers in the City and County of Honolulu Elections Division further told me on multiple occasions that Hawaii State government officials had made inquiries about Senator Obama's birth records

So just more BS from a birther!

(for those that have not bothered to actually read the affidavit the above text came from it)
edit on 18-5-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I knew what the other poster was referencing, so I provided the link.

No you did not, as that link does not contain the claim that Michelle said Obama was born in Kenya, so why did you repost it?
Just more birther crap.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

it's one or the other, in either case, he is a fraud

And I'm not thinking logically???

False Dilemma...go look it up.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii." The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

It also promotes Obama's anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White--which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead.

Regardless of the reason for Obama's odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama--who, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

Well..... I know.... I'm the racist ATSer... Please. Just one of many that can see Things Just Don't Add UP!!!

Can we pleaes agree on one thing. This man, Obama, has not been properly vetted.

And, I would like to add that with the help of the MSM, a fraud is being committed on the America people and the US Gov't.

All invovled should be held accountable. Let the investigations begin soon.
edit on 5/17/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

ooops looks like that accidentally slipped out back in 1991. And. amazingly the most definative proof i have seen on the subject,.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Spoor, I can not cut and paste a pdf file, but you are most welcome to view it and read the affidavit..

www.scribd.com... ficate-on-File-1-20-2011

God is watching all of us.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
THis thread has gotten quite large so pardon me if the following information has already been posted.

This raises doubt in the latest defense that the literary agent made a simple fact checking error. It does not seem that way. The same error was made over and over and over again.

Defense...

You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Here's the interesting part to counter the defense. 4 different version of Obama's biography yet the Kenya info. stays the same.

Goderich's statement fails to explain why the "fact checking error" persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel's website, and through at least four different versions of Obama's biography.

It persisted, in fact, more than two years after Obama became a United States Senator, and until after Obama had declared his campaign for the presidency in 2007.

In addition to the 1991 biography above (#1), here, via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama's biography (#2) on the Dystel.com website in June 1998, in which the text has been updated but the birthplace error has been repeated:

Here, again via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama's updated biography on the Dystel & Goderich website in February 2005 (#3), updated to reflect the fact that Obama had become a U.S. Senator--but not corrected as regards his birthplace:

And here, once again via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama's biography on the updated Dystel & Goderich website in April 2007 (#4), revealing that the text had been modified slightly--but the birthplace had not:

www.breitbart.com...

Seems like the sword that Miriam Goderich just attempted to fall on is a bit dull....and certainly not sharp enough to kill this story...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Spoor, I can not cut and paste a pdf file, but you are most welcome to view it and read the affidavit..

I have already posted part 6 - which confirms exactly what I stated.... you really should read it!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I find it mind blowing that you Americans have a BILLION no wait 17 TRILLION other reasons the storm the white house Years before Obama was even IN office. But now you have a Black president who "LIED" ( Oh my god a politician that lied quick call the cops and arrest the the entire state of DC)

If you clowns invested this much energy to finding the truth in EVERYTHING you would not be in the mess you are in as a country. Arguing over something as insignificant as a birth certificate is redundant. You think only someone born in another country can be a spy??? Only a mentally handicapped person would think something as simplistic as that.

FOR THE RECORD I AM NOT A SUPPORTER OF OBAMA, I BELIEVE THEY ARE ALL AS BAD AS EACH OTHER. with the possible exception of Ron Paul but thats another topic.

There have been people in power in your country that have been born and raised there for generations and they still sell out to foreign interest for the love of money. Dont be so naive and ignorant to think that every leader born in your country is as stupidly loyal to a flag as you are. They count on that kind of simple thinking to keep you under control.

Both sides are like a bunch of kids arguing in a house thats burning down over who get to play on the playstation. As per usual always arguing about the wrong thing.

YOU DONT NEED PROOF THAT YOU'RE COUNTRY IS BEING RAPED! LOOK AROUND YOU COLLECTIVE DETECTIVE GENIUSES, THIS WAS GOING ON BEFORE OBAMA AND WILL KEEP ON AFTER HE IS GONE.

I dont know why I bother...maybe there still is a bit of hope in me that any day now you as a nation will stop looking for excuses and get off your collective asses and do something..but the evidence points to the contrary.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Education over here is not that great ... proven by the fact that some folks are convinced mis prints on pamphlets are as good as a birth certificates for proving place of birth. I've had some folks even tell me they thought Germany was still rubble ...(from WW11).

We have no serious magazine's in our stores, if you want to read anything that requires paying some attention and critical thought you have to know to go looking for it... it's just not there in the mainstream.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

Education over here is not that great ... proven by the fact that some folks are convinced mis prints on pamphlets are as good as a birth certificates for proving place of birth. I've had some folks even tell me they thought Germany was still rubble ...(from WW11).

We have no serious magazine's in our stores, if you want to read anything that requires paying some attention and critical thought you have to know to go looking for it... it's just not there in the mainstream.

so then is all hope lost?

then it falls on the rest of us to educate the masses. the moment we give up we have lost. You cant win a fight you decided was too hard to fight. I learned that the hard way.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Firstly, no one should be yet jumping to any conclusions such as saying that Obama necessarily lied about anything but it's natural and should be expected for people to simply want a decent explanation, (beyond the pathetic 'fact-check' excuse) that actually explains how/why this fact check error was made in the first place.

Your whole post is about stuff that doesn't have to do with this issue of the OP. You bring up the debt, we're being raped, politicians lie, and basically talk down to all America for not doing enough (guess you missed the numerous movements (Occupy, Ron Paul/smaller government, the Tea Party, etc. and countless voices speaking out against the corruption and tyranny on the internet, etc). And other users love to throw out the birther term, mention the tea party, and just bring the level of discussion down asap but none of these things have to do with the ACTUAL BIOGRAPHY.

I don't know if ATS has always been this way but separating the wheat from chaffe in big threads is really difficult because I notice so many posts, like yours, no offense, may make a point about something, but it isn't directly related to the topic at hand. It's all distraction, character assassination, guilt by association, strawmen, etc.

If anyone has more info about the bio and supposed mistake than the petty statement by the author then that's the type of stuff I hope to see. I myself have taken the time to email the author asking her to further clarify specifically how she made such a giant error. What faulty info did she have to state he was born in Kenya.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Jedimind because: punctuation

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

My point good sir is that this entire issue is a distraction. Have you not noticed how polarized the subject is? You think this is by accident?

And all those movements you mentioned..what exactly did they accomplish?? NOTHING..they were all pepper sprayed and hosed off the sidewalk and business resumed as usual. YOU were shown that you DONT like in a free democratic country. Do as we say or suffer the consequences. The Ron Paul Revolution as much as I woulkd love to see him in power I dont know how he will manage it short of an actual armed revolution. Storm DC kick out the garbage that has piled up in there and put in trustworthy honorable politicians and then debate pointless minutia about the leaders in power.

You have it all backwards. concerned about a paper cut when you are bleeding to death from a gun shot wound. It defies logic is my point. Im just pointing out a simple fact there is nothing to debate on this issue.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Any issue that lacks factual basis and keeps coming up again and again and again, then proven to be wrong again and again and again is the reason this issue is polarized.. Its a joke and it angers people at this point. The birthers do more harm then good to the cause they are fighting for.

Also when people buy into something with no factual basis constantly. Its beating a dead horse and people get annoyed with it. This does nothing but prove some people have an agenda against Obama and will scream about this anytime it comes up. People will dig and dig for any scrap they can get.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Arguing over something as insignificant as a birth certificate is redundant.

Actually, when/if we let this issue slide we might as well rip up Our Constitution and throw it in the trash. The reason this requirement to be a natural born citizen was made was to ensure that our leader had no allegiance to any other nation.

You can tell us we are fools and berate us all you want, but some really are trying to make things work. We elect officials to represent us and it is our duty to be watchdogs and tell our senators and congressman how we feel. There are a lot of things that need change, but if don't stand our ground, especially when it concerns blatant disregard for our Constitution then we kiss away was little rights and freedoms we actually have.

If Obama lied about his citizenship he is disqualified to be POTUS. If you hired a person to work for you and they lied on their application and this lie meant they failed to meet the job qualifications you would probably fire them, wouldn't you?

If this gets brushed under the rug it will happen again. A country that does not follow the laws it makes is a sham. This lack of transparency about his background should not have happened and having his records sealed is wrong. These things need to be changed.

The U.S.A. is a constitiutional republic.

A constitutional republic is a state in which the head of state and other officials are representatives of the people and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over all of its citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

and we find ourselves with a Marxist leaning President

same article:

Karl Marx claimed that a constitutional republic is a protective legal framework for what he considered to be "capitalist exploitation." In "Outline of the Critique of Political Economy," Marx's stated that "All the bourgeois economists are aware of is that production can be carried on better under the modern police than e.g. on the principle of might makes right. They forget only that this principle is also a legal relation, and that the right of the stronger prevails in their 'constitutional republics' as well, only in another form."

Do you think most of the people who voted for him knew this? I'm not sure most of them know it now. We are in deep doo doo and if he get 4 more years I fear that we will lose our constitutional republic.

CBS Evening News with ... : Obama's open mic slip on missile defense system

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They say chose your battles wisely. This could be our last chance.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join