It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

Sorry. About the video and pictures I poste.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I doubted the video and the story when I first read it yesterday, but today when I was driving home from Naperville (suburb outside of Chicago) I saw the back of something that looked very much like a drone... I saw it for a brief couple seconds whle i was driving and then i lost it due to the tree line/angle of the trees to sky that I was driving next to... It took me back for a moment becasue the tail I saw of it looked eerily similar to the drone and it was not like anything else Ive ever seen in the skys here.... I wish I could have taken a picture or shot video of it but it just happened all too fast as i was driving and once i got away from the tree line where I could see the open sky I couldnt spot it....

Take my story for what it is... Im not saying 100% that it was a drone, but it was something that was very similar to it and if others are spotting them around the chicagoland area its not that far fetch to believe...
edit on 16-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yep. Strange planes, black choppers, and c-17s.
All for NATO
I live in the same area about.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I love how nobody is questioning the video and they just jump to conclusions only because deep down they want something dramatic to happen so they have what to cry over.
If you do ANY kind of video editing you'll see it right away. When he zooms in on the craft he clearly isnt following it as a normal cameraman would. At least pretend to keep the object centered, because nobody wants it out of their sight...its path is too straight forward, and when he zooms out he zooms out from the same point he zoomed in. Stop being so gullible.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I doubted the video and the story when I first read it yesterday, but today when I was driving home from Naperville (suburb outside of Chicago) I saw the back of something that looked very much like a drone... I saw it for a brief couple seconds whle i was driving and then i lost it due to the tree line/angle of the trees to sky that I was driving next to... It took me back for a moment becasue the tail I saw of it looked eerily similar to the drone and it was not like anything else Ive ever seen in the skys here.... I wish I could have taken a picture or shot video of it but it just happened all too fast as i was driving and once i got away from the tree line where I could see the open sky I couldnt spot it....

Take my story for what it is... Im not saying 100% that it was a drone, but it was something that was very similar to it and if others are spotting them around the chicagoland area its not that far fetch to believe...
edit on 16-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I don't believe the Feds operating UAV's in your area is in dispute.

What is being questioned by myself and others is the type shown in the OP's video.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Yea, and I agree with you guys about the video.. I questioned it immediately and still do, it just doesnt look right to me.. I guess what I saw could add a little credibility to the stories floating around here in Chicago that people are seeing stuff....But who knows whats going on... I guess the general consensus going around here is that its due to the NATO summit being held here this weekend... When the weekend rolls around and things go into lockdown mode around chicago ill definitely have a camera ready at my house to record anything i see that looks unusual...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This. I'm going to get my actual camera ready so I can zoom an have better audio.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
didn't i see this in terminator?

It's america!!!! In 2035

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
One more thing I thought I'd add for the thread, since I was off checking this morning anyway... Here are the tech specs for the MQ-9 Reaper, which is just an advanced and entirely offensive variant to the original Predators:

Background
The U.S. Air Force proposed the MQ-9 Reaper system in response to the Department of Defense direction to support overseas contingency operations initiatives. It is larger and more powerful than the MQ-1 Predator and is designed to prosecute time-sensitive targets with persistence and precision, and destroy or disable those targets. The "M" is the Department of Defense designation for multi-role and "Q" means unmanned aircraft system. The "9" indicates it is the ninth in the series of remotely piloted aircraft systems.

General Characteristics
Primary Function: Remotely piloted hunter/killer weapon system
Contractor: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
Power Plant: Honeywell TPE331-10GD turboprop engine
Thrust: 900 shaft horsepower maximum
Wingspan: 66 feet (20.1 meters)
Length: 36 feet (11 meters)
Height: 12.5 feet (3.8 meters)
Weight: 4,900 pounds (2,223 kilograms) empty
Maximum takeoff weight: 10,500 pounds (4,760 kilograms)
Fuel Capacity: 4,000 pounds (602 gallons)
Payload: 3,750 pounds (1,701 kilograms)
Speed: Cruise speed around 230 miles per hour (200 knots)
Range: 1,150 miles (1,000 nautical miles)
Ceiling: Up to 50,000 feet (15,240 meters)
Armament: Combination of AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, GBU-12 Paveway II and GBU-38 Joint Direct Attack Munitions
Crew (remote): Two (pilot and sensor operator)
Unit Cost: $53.5 million (includes four aircraft with sensors) (fiscal 2006 dollars)
Initial operating capability: October 2007

Welcome to America. A brave new world.

IMO the extreme cost of this type of drone coupled with the very low altitude that it is flying (or appears to be) at would strongly suggest that the object in video is likely (if it isn't cgi) a model made by someone who has experience with rc model aircraft (I think someone else had also suggested that and I agree). There's no way that they would risk damage or destruction of such an expensive piece of equipment by flying it low over an unsecured area like that. All it would take is someone with some high-powered weaponry and a crack shot to damage or destroy it. These machines resist counter-attack simply by flying at very high altitudes well above the range of most any ground-based weapons. That's the whole point - if used for surveillance here in the US (and apparently they are being used along the US/Mexico border, where I'm sure they must fly high enough to avoid being shot down by drug cartels) it's unlikely that you'd even be able to see or hear it. Commercial passenger aircraft can be hard to see when flying at cruising altitude and most of them are much larger and louder than these drones and only fly at about 35K feet.

That very reason, and not so much anomalies in the vid, are the strongest evidence for me that this isn't the real deal. BTW, this object could very well be a literal drone of some sort (again, it wouldn't be hard for a model airplane builder to attach a camera to a craft and thus film something from the air, but it wouldn't be very stealthy at all due to the noise and low altitude!) that may be shooting video, but not the actual military drone(s) that it is being compared to.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Oh it's coming much sooner than 2035 my friend. The truth is that It's coming very soon to a theater near us all.
~$heopleNation

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Schrecken Licht

quick question, could they (manufacturers of the drone) scale the technology back for the High altitude and build a low altitude design for security purposes? Because whats the use of a security drone if its 50,000 in the air?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Foolish mortals, Once Civil unrest starts, These War Drones will be used in order to save the lives of the blue helmet androids of the U.N and The out-numbered Government hired international Mercenaries already dug in who are traitors who enjoy even citizenship here in The USA. We Americans will be fighting against them all once the collapse occurs. The question is, what will the U.S Military do? Will they stand with the Internationalists, or us?

If it were me and I was a Globalist bottomfeeder, I would not make the mistake of underestimating the Men and Women of The United States Military. ~$heopleNation

edit on 16-5-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
oh no there's heightend security at the nato summit what ever shall we do...should they just say f it and have little to no security at all? talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill...this reminds of the genius on here who says we live in a police state beacuse they've seen heightend security in new york and the nations capitol...jeez more security in the nations most populated city along with the nations capitol...sounds like a logical, reasonable thing to do to me

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted as a reply yet or not, but CBS2 Chicago picked up the story and it does not dismiss the story as being fake. It basically suggests that with NATO coming up, the govt might be using all the "tools" at its disposal and just sort of wraps up with that suggestion, which I found interesting:

chicago.cbslocal.com...
edit on 16-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Phake!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I really cant believe so many people think this video is legit.

Just LOOK at it. It's a super-imposed still image that in no way interacts appropriately with its background/

FAKE.

The person who uploaded it has received 25 thousand views so far. Thats a fair amount of ad revenue on youtube.
edit on 16-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I really cant believe so many people think this video is legit.

Just LOOK at it. It's a super-imposed still image that in no way interacts appropriately with its background/

FAKE.

The person who uploaded it has received 25 thousand views so far. Thats a fair amount of ad revenue on youtube.
edit on 16-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you, the video is fake.

By the way, how much ad revenue do you thing 25,000 views on Youtube will generate? I have a video that has over 1.6 million views, but I haven't generated much ad revenue yet...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
why no build-up and acclimation time? What's the rush here? The lack of accountability shown by our government is frightening enough but now with these tools they can watch us or kill us at will.

Yes...most of us have been caught off gaurd by the "sudden" arrival of "Drones at Home".

Drones At Home Trevor Paglen

www.youtube.com...

No Backyard privacy, and no means to limit the invasion of privacy!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Well, how would you know, do you have proof whatsoever?

How bout a pilot that has a near mid air collision...as this video shows,
just in from the last 24 hours!!! ?

Drones.... UFO's oh yeah....just a bird!? (This was NO bird rotf)

www.youtube.com...

The pilot is heard telling air traffic control: "A remote controlled aircraft, or what? Something just went by the other way ... About 20 to 30 seconds ago. It was like a large remote-controlled aircraft.

The corporate jet, a Cessna Citation 525 CJ1, was flying at 8,000 feet above sea level over Cherry Creek when the mystery object came close enough to make any pilot nervous.

"That's an issue because now we have something in controlled airspace that poses a danger," Former NTSB Investigator and 9NEWS Aviation Analyst Greg Feith said
www.9news.com...

What is in YOUR backyard???
edit on 16-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It could very well be a fake video.

This is what the very near future will look like regardless of whether or not this video is cgi, What will you think once you see these (if they should fly low enough for you to see them) over your house or where you work?

This is the future staring at us all.

There is a huge difference between drones and combat planes or helicopters in that nobody is risking their life by flying one of these by remote control. You could hear planes and choppers coming but not these. They will be watching us all from high above, silently, like the imperious Gods waiting to strike anyone with their thunderbolts of wrath should you cross them.

Drones are the tools of cowards who are willing to only risk the money of other people and not put themselves in any danger whatsoever.

20,000 drones can cover the entire contiguous US at a rate of about one for every 100 mile by 100 mile area, enough to search every last square foot of ground in a single day and capable of reaching any target within 10 - 15 minutes at most.

Do we need this, really? If we don't who does, and what for?
Those are answers some may not want to even contemplate.

Yay! The video is fake! You're safe for a few weeks or months before more videos show up with the same thing and just like with ufos until one lands in their laps they will refuse to believe it could be true even though your own government is telling you this is what they plan to do and are doing right now.

There is a conspiracy here, but it's not us or the person who posted it to youtube that is conspiring.
BTW - the Pentagon now has 7,000 operational drones.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join