It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
HOAX!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
HOAX!

Indeed. One would expect more critical thought from staff.

OP-You have disappointed me with this thread.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I can't believe this has lasted 18 pages.

Nothing against you, asktheanimals, at all...but I remain skeptical.
I know having drones flying in our skies is a cowardly act.
But we all know what kind of gov't is bought and paid for...
I'm not saying "there isn't any drones"....but I am saying this one is a fake.

But as for this video....it's a guy fishing for a response.

1) He never finished following it through the sky, why did the video just cut?
2) There is an extremely still zoom function that appears as soon as he pans left...?
Whereas before hand the video is shaky and trembles around.
3) If any person in their right mind saw a DRONE in the sky, they would yell "LOOK UP THERE!"
And most people would stop what they're doing to see what is is.
4) I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be so calm if i saw that.

There's all too many reasons to scream [HOAX]...so I'll just whisper it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
wow this is troubling to say the least, why do we need drones in our own country, what happened to scrambling fighters and sending up seasoned vets to check out whats going on. We have enough privacy invasion with the NSA's supercomputer scanning the internet, phones, everything..why do we have to use tech. to peek around corners at 30,000 feet. Unless this was just a training flight for someone who's job specialty is drone pilot. There is a good amount of Air Force bases in Colorado.
edit on 17-5-2012 by JediMindTrek because: .

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

That's pretty much proof that either NATO or Israel is using drones against the Syrian government. I couldn't tell if it was dropping ordinance or just being used for surveillance but we can be sure that this is not something in the Syrian government arsenal.
Which means these people aren't really so much "rebels" as insurgents receiving aid from outside.

The Syrians have been using UAVs for years. Not only domestically produced but also bought from Iran.

theaviationist.com...

theaviationist.com...

theaviationist.com...

Your statement of " but we can be sure that this is not something in the Syrian government arsenal" is quite puzzling. The type of insurgency faced by the Syrians is exactly how they would deploy UAVs.

'New videos show Syrian made-in-Iran drone taking off from Hamah airbase, Syria'

theaviationist.com...
edit on 17-5-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Excellent thread, glad to be a part of it. The good thing about the internet is everyone is heard regardless. Nobody interrupts, outshouts, punches or throws things. Each and every opinion is heard one_at_a_time.

Never in the discourse of human history...

Now sit down and shut up! Officer, remove that man! Hey you can't do that! Stop kicking that dog (insert gavel sounds) Meeting adjourned!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Quite clearly CGI, sorry.

That being said I'm also sad about the development being done that is slowly bringing us into an Orwellian society. NDAA, CISPA, Spylampposts, Spycenter etc.. not good at all

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Move to HOAX please, this has been proven quite clearly to be a hoax.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Thank you you. I sawer the light. So this one is indeed not there.
I guess we'll know when one is really overhead the next time a wedding explodes.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu

Originally posted by Derpitude
reply to post by mzungu

What?

It's contrived, manipulated, and forged to emulate a real event that did not take place, in order to create a reaction.

Pull your head out.

you are just as contrived, manipulated, and forged to emulate real life. pull your head "in".

Dude can you stop the metaphysical stuff about how you view reality?

This thread is about surveillance drones.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is not surprising to me that there are some skeptics here in ATS and even some going further and saying there is no such thing as drones flying around in these United States of America. But, what surprises me is some Ats'ers refuse to do any homework or research at all before posting. This is why I hardly come here anymore, only twice a month if at all that. So, to those who fail at posting because you are too lazy or just a troll with nothing better to do, I did the work for you.

MTSU gears up for future of drones

Also, most police departments have already been using drones.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

Pointing out this video is fake does not mean someone isnt aware to the extent that ACTUAL drones are being used over US soil. It means they have a good eye and a teeny bit of critical thought.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This thread should be on the discussion of the validity of the topic in which this video is attempting to broach. That being said, I saw one of these fly right over my house in a N/Ne trajectory from the direction of camp Pendleton. I live in mission viejo, ca. I cannot say if it had ordinance, as I am not qualified to comment on military ballistic capabilities and what those systems look like en fascia, however it was distinctly a UAV.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
CLEARLY a hoax , A very bad CGI attempt . Its videos this that will discredit proper reporting of drones over US airspace - Then again maybe thats the point

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by veritatem

Who is Ted Hueckstaedt and why did he get your video removed?

Is YouTube really this stupid?

edit on 17-5-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Who is Ted Hueckstaedt and why did he get your video removed?

Probably the owner of the original footage. Clearly he controls the monetary rights to his fake little video and wants to ensure people continue to view it and make him money.

Is YouTube really this stupid?

I'm not a big youtube fan, but they are obligated to honor copyright violation claims. Dude who made the video you embedded probably didnt claim fair use.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yeah that would be my guess as well. Ted deleted my comment and blocked me from his YouTube channel because he's a coward.

I just emailed YouTube and showed them that his video contains 2 examples of stolen photos and copyright infringement, but I doubt they'll do anything about it since I'm not the copyright holder of those images.

We are unable to accept third party notifications through this tool. Please direct the copyright owner here, or access instructions for emailing us at this link: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Before the video was removed, someone by the name of "Zapppo" said they would file a copyright claim.

www.youtube.com...

You have been reported for copyrighte violations,. Buh bye

Zapppo is not the original uploader of the video, and more than likely filed a false copyright claim using a fake name. This is not the first time it has happened. YouTube allows ANYONE to remove ANY video they want with a fake name, and zero proof of their claim.

Anyway, the video has been re-uploaded.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well that sucks, but hopefully they'll read my email and take down MisterBee's (Ted?) video.
I explained how it's a hoax as well.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Well that sucks, but hopefully they'll read my email and take down MisterBee's (Ted?) video.
I explained how it's a hoax as well.

A hoax video is not against the youtube T&C (unlike here...).

All the guy who made the video that was tekn do needed(s) to do is post that he is using under 'fair use'/creative commons' and that he does not own the copyright to the video and he would be fine. Heck, even make your own!

But hey, at least we know who the marketing genuis behind the HOAX video is: Ted Hueckstaedt

Hats off to you Ted Hueckstaedt! You are a clever man. You've duped lots of foolish people, and made a buck or two in the process.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join