It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by SaturnFX

SaturnFX
So, your wanting a sort of bunkhouse for men whom were beaten by women or something?
I am in two minds about the violence against women act mind you...I see the practical necessity of it..not all things are equal..men are stronger than women, and have a much greater role of physical intimidation over a woman..this is simple biology.
Is it unfair? no...is it equal? no. I am ultimately not bothered about a place where women can escape abusive partners...but then again, I have a slightly traditional view of men and women. Mostly because biological differences show this is how things simply are.

In your own words, you feel that men should be denied a safe haven because of their gender. The Amendment the Republicans brought(That the NOW opposes), would of forced all Domestic violence shelters that receive Federal monies to offer equal services to male victims of Domestic Violence.

There is no biological difference that justifies discrimination! You keep twisting your words and wiggling around like a psychopathic snake.

edit on 17-5-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

If thats your watermark for sexism, wait till you find out my view is on maternity leave (I am for it).
That will blow your mind.. unfair! unfair!
heh. no biological difference that justifies different treatments indeed.

Meh, done talking to you. Was fun, but I am feeling like I am now discussing one of those entitlement whiners more than an adult...
go cry to your mom that you don't get free prenatal exams.

dismissed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

Originally posted by Signals
The problem with this thread is that you can't sum Christianity up in one word....

It's like saying Islam can be summed up in one word - fanatics.

See, doesn't work, does it?

this is not the OP's opinion, per say, but the results of a poll which the OP has sited... which raises a serious question: why is "Anti-Homosexual" so strongly attached to Christianity?

it is a valid question. one, to be honest with you, i have not seen a legitimate response to in these 25+ pages... which i also find is rather interesting.

of course, this is a sensitive topic, but again, the question is valid - much in the same way that it is a valid topic to discuss why Islam is associated with "fanatics". why is Christianity so closely associated in people's minds to anti-Homosexuality.

there is no trolling, no bashing, no hatinIg... just a legitimate exploration of a sensitive & mature topic. one that seems to sensitive & mature for a majority of folk who have stopped by.
cheers.

edit on 16-5-2012 by mythos because: semantics

1. We have reached the point of no-return as our government is now able to legislate morality after the media has fulfilled its purpose of convincing the youth of each generation to accept the relabelling of unnatural as good.

2. Social engineering has been alive and kicking in the lands of Christendom. Just as Hitler successfully changed the beliefs of his countrymen through film, newspapers and radios, so too has our Ministry of Indoctrination. Walk into the vast majority of Christian churches and you'll hear nothing anti-homosexual. So the fact is that the impression of 'anti-homosexuality' is from another source - one that nearly all consume - media.

3. This study is reflective of the success of that social engineering. The characterisation of gay men as the "charming, loveable, sweet and funny guy" in every film and tv show has changed beliefs. Not one film represents him in a negative light as having 500-1000 sex partners as studies have demonstrated that 25-50% of white homosexual males admit to, anonymous sex in bath houses, at gay parades, and the higher prevalence of child sexual abuse among that community. Not once does the subject population ever see this side of the reality of their lives, because social engineering has to show positive traits in order to gain acceptance of a behaviour that the vast majority reject still as unnatural.

4. Every characterisation of Christianity in that same vehicle of indoctrination - the media - is negative. From characterising Christian parents as "uptight", "anti-homosexual", "no fun", "hicks", "judgemental", "hypocrites" and "stupid". From taking the Lord's name in vain, comments that anyone who believes in God is unintelligent or naive, to anyone praying for His help and the prayers go unnanswered.

5. When one constantly ingests propaganda and indoctrination of this nature, it changes beliefs. People reject Christ based on the characterisations that others have given them without even realising where those beliefs came from in the first place.

6. As the government steps in to now legislate what the media indoctrinated, as the schools are becoming forced to teach that homosexuality is normal and healthy and a valid lifestyle choice, many Christian parents are rebelling at this forced indoctrination of their children into an an anti-God moral. Many non-Christian parents are as well, but this goes completely unreported.

7. We are in the last generation. Each successive generation has further rejected the Saviour and become Godless. Their morals are those given them by the beast, not God. The seething hatred of God and rebellion against Him and His disciples is how the "army" is being raised to fight against the Lord upon His Second Coming.

8. Our western nations are fulfilling scripture, God's decreed end of this Age. An end characterised by the days of Noah and Lot when the Sons of God once again abandon God in the same manner as before - by incorporating mixed faith marriages which produce children who abandon the God of their forefathers and who accept the god of of other cultures, who succumb to sexual perversity which hardens their hearts against God because the lust is so powerful, who die because of lack of knowledge, and who forget the lessons of the past. Secular historians will tell you that the destruction and undermining of the family unit always preceeded the downfall of nations, and that they suffered a sharp rise in homosexuality. This is no coincidence, and proves beyond a shadow of doubt the time in which we live.

So those are the reasons, secular and from God, that clearly give us all the truth of the matter. It's our beliefs that are changed because of what we choose to ingest on a daily basis. God doesn't change, He's the same today as yesterday. We do.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Your post is missing some important information.

First, you fail to acknowledge that not all Christians believe homosexuality is sinful. Several Christian denominations – United Church of Christ, Swiss Reformed Church, United Church of Canada, etc. – accept gays and gay couples as congregants.

Second, people who abandon Christianity because their church disapproves of homosexuality do not abandon the religion because Christian churches don't accept gays. Instead, they choose not to attend a church that accepts gays.

Third, concerning putting a new “perspective” on the Bible regarding homosexuality, Christians have been doing that for decades. Trajectory hermeneutics is just one example.

Fourth, the idea that willful sin is “alright” if only we “accept Christ’s sacrifice” is not supportable biblically. Hebrews 5:5-10 and Matthew 7:21-27 are two of many passages that address this issue.

Fifth, you fail to acknowledge that many Christians who disapprove of homosexuality do not hate gays. Rather, they hate the sin of practicing homosexuality for two reasons: Jesus spoke against it when he told his original audience – the Jews – that he didn’t come to abolish the Mosaic Law (Matthew 5:17), and Paul, who carried Jesus’ message to the Gentiles, spoke against practicing homosexuality (Romans 1:26-27).

Mature, fundamentalist Christians realize that civil rights for gays – including the right to form civil unions – are supportable under the doctrine of common grace. However, they also read in scripture that practicing homosexuals are called to repent, as are liars, greedy people, and any other cast of sinners. This dichotomy would never be mentioned by the popular media, or polarized bloggers who have an axe to grind.

As long as people debate the Christianity/homosexuality issue without acknowledging its realities, they will contribute to a meaningless debate.

edit on 17-5-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I have known some amazing Christians. They gladly accepted homosexuals into the fold, and loved them without any sort of judgement. Perhaps we shouldn't lump any group together. Not all gay people are running around in saucy leather outfits hip thrusting at people that pass by. Not all Christians think homosexuality is a sin.

The Christians that do think homosexuality is a sin are not practicing what they preach in a number of ways. Throw scripture at them and they scoff. Throw logic and you're not religious enough to comment. Remind them that they have probably engaged in oral sex and/or masturbation and they will briefly shut up, then after regrouping imply that you are perverse for even knowing those words. Bad Christians are bad. Good Christians love and tolerate everyone, and even if they disagree with certain lifestyles will only love you more.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The Christians that do think homosexuality is a sin are not practicing what they preach in a number of ways.

I beg to differ. A person can believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin and not mistreat gays, just as a person can disapprove of the tenets of republicanism and not mistreat republicans.

The liberal media would like people to believe that conservative exegesis and homophobia are the same thing, but they clearly aren't.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Incorrect, oh-so-wise maker of assumptions.

I was raised in an atheist family with ties to freemasonry and the military. I believe in God because I have had several direct experiences of Him (as well as the darker side of the Spirit world). So, in future, refrain from making assumptions!

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If you notice my first response, I congratulated you on finding a small opinion poll which demonstrates only that the perception of Christianity held by the study group is false.

True Christianity is nothing to do with hating gay people, so I can only assume you are promoting this study as a means of beefing up your own stance, that Christianity is somehow false and not to be trusted.

I also make it clear that men have perverted the true nature of Christianity, and I noted that only the self-righteous would in some way condemn a person for their choice of lifestyle.

You haven't addressed any of these positive aspects of my posts; you've just tried to defend the indefensible - that your thread bashes a whole section of religion, when in fact distinctions between true Christianity and false self-righteous Christianity are there to be drawn and studied for merit accordingly.

I'm not defending a religion as a whole - just pointing out that true religion has nothing to do with hating anyone.
You, conversely, are lumping all believers into one boat, assuming that Christianity as a whole is a gay-hating religion, and what's more you use a study based on the opinions of those members of society who are least likely to have encountered the true values of religion, seeing as they are brainwashed by popular culture into parroting a stereotype of the false religion which claims to be Christianity, but is in fact sheer hypocrisy.

So yeah, I see that you obviously have some sort of issue with the hypocritical churches - so do I. However, perhaps refrain from over-generalisation and hyper-bashing of a wide group of people based merely on opinion polls that are likely (definitely) based upon skewed data.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Hmmmm...true christianity? So whose version of christianity is true and whose is false? How do you determine this? I mean the bible clearly says men who sleep with each other are to be put to death. Jesus came to fulfill not to abolish....so wouldnt the true version be the one that condemns and hates?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Christ came to fulfil the Law so that the Law could be abolished.

"Mercy triumphs over judgment"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Hmmmm...true christianity? So whose version of christianity is true and whose is false?

How about Christ's?

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Or Paul's?

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Or James'?

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world [i.e integrity]."

Yes, those are actually in the Bible.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Quotes by WhoKnows100-
our government is now able to legislate morality after the media has fulfilled its purpose of convincing the youth of each generation to accept the relabelling of unnatural as good.

whose to say it's unnatural... the bible??? cherry picking bible quotes seems to be a favorite past time around here. plus, the government made it loud and clear, at least in NC that they think this is "unnatural" so the persecution complex goes both ways.

2. Just as Hitler successfully changed the beliefs of his countrymen through film, newspapers and radios, so too has our Ministry of Indoctrination. Walk into the vast majority of Christian churches and you'll hear nothing anti-homosexual.

and yet, every person i know that is anti-homosexual, is also a christian, and cites their religion as the main reason why they are so. & are you really bringing Hitler into the argument
surely if you are going to invoke that madmen, it can be for a more distopian social agenda than two people loving each other. try genocide.

3. The characterisation of gay men as the "charming, loveable, sweet and funny guy" in every film and tv show has changed beliefs. Not once does the subject population ever see this side of the reality of their lives, because social engineering has to show positive traits in order to gain acceptance of a behaviour that the vast majority reject still as unnatural.

this quote is plain embarrassing. yes... the 3 gay characters on TV are "lovable". and the 4 asians on TV are smart. and the 2 arabs on TV are radicals. and the 10 african-americans are "hip" and aallllllll the women on TV are HOT, HOT, HOT. yes, TV is is a false reality, meant to get us dolts to stare at it.

but to use it to counterpoint the plainly bigoted and ignorant statistics you just cited is as silly as TV is. (sex in bath houses... really? have you ever been to Vegas. i assure you heterosexual people are having sex in far more lurid & filthy places. plus, sexual violence knows no specific sexuality... just ask the 1 in 4 women who have been raped.)

point 2: there are MANY flicks out there with gay characters portrayed as they are in real life... NORMAL PEOPLE!!! try the Beginners for starters.

4. Every characterisation of Christianity in that same vehicle of indoctrination - the media - is negative.

yes Fox news is really tough on those Christians. try being a Jew, Muslim, Atheists, Buddhist, Hindu or Wiccan in the USA... especially south of the Mason-Dixon line.

5. People reject Christ based on the characterisations that others have given them without even realising where those beliefs came from in the first place.

ahhh... now we get to it. you are trying to convert us!!!! i should have seen that coming.

many Christian parents are rebelling at this forced indoctrination of their children into an an /anti-God moral.

is homosexuality really anti-God? i thought God said Love thy Neighbor as Thyself? there are roughly 7 quotes in the bible that allude to homosexuality. NONE FROM CHRIST!!!

half of those quotes come from the same chapter (Leviticus) which also states rather clearly that eating Shellfish is an abomination, as is trimming your beard. have you had any shrimp-poppers lately? how's the scruff coming?

cherry picking from the Bible to justify one's prejudices is THE greatest forced indoctrination that i know of... talk about propaganda!!!!!

7. We are in the last generation. Each successive generation has further rejected the Saviour and become Godless.

yes... we very well may be the last generation... because we have rejected the EARTH and have defiled this planet. so unless your Savior can clean the oceans, and bring back the massive die off of species, and regrow the 97% of old growth forests that have been mowed down, i am not sure what else needs saving. i certainly think "God" has bigger issues on this mutilated planet than two caring people snuggling.

geez... i could go on, but too much of what you write sounds like it was lifted from the Left Behind series, and i realize there will be no reasoning with one of your ilk... as you no doubt feel of me.

but i do hope YOUR Savior comes for you to save YOUR soul... as for my soul, and the soul of every loving HUMAN, that is between them and their own connections to Life & its Mystery.

good luck to you.

peace.

PS have you ever met a Gay person? so much of what you say about them seems to express the exact "social engineering" doctrine you are railing against. you just have been socially engineered by one set of Dogma, as opposed to another.

anyway... may the Goddess bless and forgive those who have such fears in their hearts.

edit on 17-5-2012 by mythos because: fix quotes

edit on 17-5-2012 by mythos because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by mythos because: typos... blech

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me the things people will believe. First, to think "god" gives a flying # who sleeps with who is laughable. Any entity that can create universes is well above such matters..and as far as Christians being anti-homosexual..all I know is, every right-wing Christian male I've ever met was 2 tequila shots away from sucking a cock himself. They hate the gay because they WANT the gay. And the PRIESTS..lol..they suck more cock than tranny hookers on Santa Monica blvd..then turn around and receive confession from others..christianity, per se, no better or worse than any other religion..

But many Christians are the most hypocritical, dogmatic, inflexible, homophobic people you'll find anywhere on the planet. "followers of Christ" my ass

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Romans 10:4 states: “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

The word "end" is this passage is translated from the Greek word "telos," which means "the end of a goal-oriented process." Christ's fulfillment of the law does not equate to its extension, but to its replacement with Christ as the sacrifice for all sins.

Therefore, while practicing homosexuality is still a sin in the New Testament, killing the people who practice it is no longer acceptable.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

uncouth, but humorous.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlowlyLonely

Therefore, while practicing homosexuality is still a sin in the New Testament, killing the people who practice it is no longer acceptable.

well, that's a relief.

how about burning witches? is it still in vogue to set practitioners of that Old Time religion ablaze?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Don't deliberately misinterpret Biblical text just to redirect the hate.

FFS That is the funniest thing I've read in this thread so far.... don't do what I do, do as I say.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
how about burning witches? is it still in vogue to set practitioners of that Old Time religion ablaze?

It never was, and you will find no quote [that isn't historically holistic] in Scripture that says it is.

That's like me asking, "Jeffrey Dahmer ate people, so is that still in vogue among you homo sapiens to cannibalize?"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Although needlessly arrogant, your criticism of the quotes is on point. But you hang yourself when you talk about the Bible.

For one, although Christ did not speak directly against homosexuality, he did oppose it by approving of the Mosaic Law. There are also other parts of the Law he didn't address directly.

For another, eating shellfish and beard trimming were sins for Jews in the Old Testament, whereas practicing homosexuality is a sin for everyone in the New Testament. So, comparing these acts in the manner that you do is somewhat illogical.

For the sake of clarity, it's best not to compare the legalities of the New Testament to the legalities of the Old Testament to criticize one or the other.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Anti and homosexual are two words.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
You are wrong.
True Chrisitanity is not anti-homosexual, it's anti-sin.
Homosexuality falls in that category.
God doesn't hate the sinner he hates the sin, true christians do the same.

Sin is a point of view from the group/person claiming a behaviour is wrong. God does not hate even people caught up in ego parasitic anti harmonious behaviour but he do keep them away from the truly harmonious ones by physical separating the souls and keeping the souls away from heaven where their smallminded hate and fear would not fit in. If 2 people have a harmonious love between them then do you think god is so unenlightened to say it is wrong(sin)? He created that love as it was meant to be and saying something else is saying god is wrong to create such beauty. Souls are neither male or female anyway so why would you call homosexuality a sin? It is just a meeting of 2 souls. This idea that homosexual is a sin is a human belief not a devine ideal. It only shows humanities stupidety to not see past ego and duality and trying to create what ego wants to be the right thing.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join