It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Hitler was a vegetarian
Not all things some bad people did are automatically bad.
People dont come to power by saying every nonsense and evil idea they have...they speak with popular support and wisdom, then hide their desires for personal dictatorship and the like until they have gained control.

Trick is to seperate the wheat from the chaff...take out the good ideas and principles and flush the bad stuff.

Hitler was a vegetarian as I said...Hitler was also a very bad man..does that mean eating vegetables is bad? or being a vegetatrian = nazis?

Books...yes, lots of books today about stuff
also lots more people today
and lots of literacy, lots of computers allowing anyone with literacy to write a book
Not seeing the point...
and not seeing how this addresses the topic of the image issue

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
For crying out loud.

The only reason for the hate towards homo-sexuality in the Bible is because that's how it was meant to be used in the past.

Why you ask?

Simple; So the Goverment/TPTB/or whatever you want to call them could make more money off people through reproduction from taxes. More population, equals the more money that can be made.

Only God is allowed to judge people? Yet, Christans judge homosexuals? Contridictions, and hypicritcal is all it is. Contradictions, and hypocritical is all it is.
edit on 16-5-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

The entire planet judges the unusual. That is all it is.
Why judge? live and let live. Better yet love and help live.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Hitler was a vegetarian
Not all things some bad people did are automatically bad.
People dont come to power by saying every nonsense and evil idea they have...they speak with popular support and wisdom, then hide their desires for personal dictatorship and the like until they have gained control.

Trick is to seperate the wheat from the chaff...take out the good ideas and principles and flush the bad stuff.

Hitler was a vegetarian as I said...Hitler was also a very bad man..does that mean eating vegetables is bad? or being a vegetatrian = nazis?

Books...yes, lots of books today about stuff
also lots more people today
and lots of literacy, lots of computers allowing anyone with literacy to write a book
Not seeing the point...
and not seeing how this addresses the topic of the image issue

Ok I did that. You are the chaffe.
AND??

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What I would do is simple actually

Make a superstar
A gay christian superstar..a preacher.
And not one of those I used to be gay types...rather, a full blown having a partner gay christian and explain he knows he is a sinner...but aren't we all..the message of christianity isn't for everyone to hate sinners, else there would be nobody to love, but rather to accept and give forgivness from each other and etc etc etc.

And whenever WBC arrives, have 3 times more christians preaching love to check them right across the street.
Whenever there is some bigot christian running his mouth, have a pariah screaming love the sinner, turn the cheek, judge not, etc...
saturate out the hatefest with messages of love, acceptance, and jesus.

The problem with this scenario is that it encourages more sin instead of trying to restrain it. You can't have a preacher saying that he knows he's committing a sin, but he's going to keep doing it anyway. Yes, we all sin, but it's not supposed to be a conscious decision. Once you willfully and intentionally commit a sin that you know is wrong and continue doing it, you're no longer setting the example or being the model that Christ was trying to set and establish in the world.

The truth is, the power of God is stronger than any hate that any one person or even all people can bestow on any one person. When or if any person wants to truly change their life or their circumstances, God will lead the way, but most people don't want to change, regardless of how unhappy or ridiculed they are. Ever notice how easy it is to get "comfortable" with sin? Sin is second nature to mankind, but we have to try and overcome it if we want God to work in our lives.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know what's funny?

The vast majority of non religious people I know would not say that Christianity is anti homosexual..

They would say they were delusional. That's not my perspective but so be it.

I know that homosexuality is the flavor of the month it seems and the media can't stop talking about it, and it seems neither can ATS.

Either way, it's a non issue. We know that religion in general is at odds with homosexuality, this is nothing new, it isn't going to change by beating a dead horse.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

But I think OP's point of the thread is, the younger generation is starting to get fed up with the "old school" Christian attitudes. Due to consciousness-raising efforts of pro-gay rights activists, the younger folks are having their "consciousness raised", so to speak. They don't want to follow in their parents/grandparents' footsteps regarding the attitude toward gays. The younger generation are starting to leave the church, and if the PTB of the church don't start paying attention and re-evaluating their views, the future of the old-time Christian religion is in serious jeopardy.

As a kid, I remember when preachers (especially southern baptists) used to preach against women wearing pants, or working jobs, using some scripture as their source. Young women at the time (like my own mother) were fed up with those antiquated ideas, and many left the churches during that time. It didn't take long for those preachers to re-evaluate their positions -- now you see most young women wear pants to church services, and no main stream church preaches against women working outside the home anymore.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Christianity is not anti-homosexual.....the people that proclaim christianity and think they know what the Bible says are anti-homosexual. They are also anti-christ.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well, I have nothing to do with wherever the Mods put this thread. Just because it is now in the Social Unrest category does not make it less of a conspiracy. To me, the base of the conspiracy can be studied easily in the late Antony Sutton's book, "America's Secret Establishment", in which he explains that the Dewey method of education has replaced earlier methods for the express purpose of instilling Hegelian dialectic and turning the children into cogs in the wheel of a secular State. The Gay agenda is just one of many ways in which TPTB can overrule parental authority and values and replace with something the State views to be desirable(in this case I am guessing political correctness). Sutton further explains that the Order of Skull and Bones is the root of this subversive means of controlling education.
You can read more about it here:

www.sntp.net...

For the record I do not hate anyone, but I reserve the right to strenuously object to their opinions.
edit on 16-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
If I created a Thread that said ALL Muslims were terrorist I can BET you that thread would have been blocked or banned.
This is what Saturn meant by people who react, and don't read.

For one, you don't see mainstream muslims in America saying that terrorism is good, but you do see mainstream christians saying homosexuality is bad, and two, this thread is based on a study of what young people associate with christianity.

If you want to make a thread about how much you hate islam, then go make it, instead of whining about it on threads about christianity.
edit on 16-5-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

What I would do is simple actually

Make a superstar
A gay christian superstar..a preacher.
And not one of those I used to be gay types...rather, a full blown having a partner gay christian and explain he knows he is a sinner...but aren't we all..the message of christianity isn't for everyone to hate sinners, else there would be nobody to love, but rather to accept and give forgivness from each other and etc etc etc.

And whenever WBC arrives, have 3 times more christians preaching love to check them right across the street.
Whenever there is some bigot christian running his mouth, have a pariah screaming love the sinner, turn the cheek, judge not, etc...
saturate out the hatefest with messages of love, acceptance, and jesus.

The problem with this scenario is that it encourages more sin instead of trying to restrain it. You can't have a preacher saying that he knows he's committing a sin, but he's going to keep doing it anyway.

Yes, can't have that level of honesty in our preachers.
Imagine a preacher saying "I lied yesterday...I will probably lie again tomorrow. I don't want to, but I am addicted to sin, I can't stop, but I can have jesus walk with me as I do so that when I do sin again, and I will, I can count on him to help me through it so I learn and am less tempted next time".

Naa, we need our liars to keep lying.

or, he could say homosexuality is about as much of a sin as getting a tattoo or eating a ham sandwich. we reject that thinking based on the fact that Jesus fulfilled the laws of the old testiment and now we simply listen to Jesus's words to love yourself, love your neighbor, and love god as the keystone..the rest are details best left in the past.

Yes, we all sin, but it's not supposed to be a conscious decision. Once you willfully and intentionally commit a sin that you know is wrong and continue doing it, you're no longer setting the example or being the model that Christ was trying to set and establish in the world.

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Pity those roman soldiers didn't know that crusifying a man and stabbing him with a spear would end up killing him, huh?

or...is that to be taken a different way..meaning even thought they are purposefully and knowingly doing something wrong, they don't understand the complexities of the sin itself, so forgive them, these idiot humans...

Sometimes you got to ignore the preachers telling you what to think and simply read things for yourself, and what they actually say..maybe even occasionally toss in the odd common sense here and there when approprate.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well I think the trolls have done a marvelous job in distracting about 20 or 30 pages worth of posts from important issues.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well I'm a Christian, and proud of it. I have nothing wrong with someone being homosexual. My best friend's brother is gay and I don't see him any different. If you feel more emotionally attached to a man then a woman, good for you, go live your life and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. God gave us free will for a reason. And I'm not saying it's a sin either because I don't know the mind of God. He made homosexuals the way they are, so He obviously has a plan and knows what He's doing. That's the beauty of this country, people like the OP who believe Christianity to be wrong, have the right to say so without being arrested or anything. Just as Christians have the right, if they disagree with it, to peacefully protest and vote against gay marriage. The Constitution gives the states this right in the 10th amendment, for the people to vote for what they want, it's OUR country, OUR state, not the governments':

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think it's rather amusing to see so many (I assume) religious people take offence at what they perceive to be religion-bashing. I never got that from the OP at all. I understand that the premise of the thread is the perception of Christianity by young people, rightly or wrongly. What's even more amusing is that a fair few of those all butthurt about the religion-bashing wouldn't bat an eyelid at some (verbal) gay-bashing. Hypocrisy at its finest.

OP is absolutely spot-on about the image problem Christianity has and things are only getting worse. I don't blame those religious people who truly try to live like Christ and interact with other people in the same way, I blame the hateful, fearful people who've hijacked the whole shebang and turned it into something distasteful and something to shy away from, rather than embrace.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by the original post's message. I wonder that if Christianity were a business, it would have gone bankrupt due to bad PR.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

As a kid, I remember when preachers (especially southern baptists) used to preach against women wearing pants, or working jobs, using some scripture as their source. Young women at the time (like my own mother) were fed up with those antiquated ideas, and many left the churches during that time. It didn't take long for those preachers to re-evaluate their positions -- now you see most young women wear pants to church services, and no main stream church preaches against women working outside the home anymore.

Oh wonderful.
You got pants. Just remember to put them on like every body that is your equal. .
Can you quantify how women wearing pants has helped America and the CHRISTIAN majority EVOLVE??
Any way, what ya bitchin about? You didn't listen to the preacher.
So what? Isn't Christian America forgiving?
edit on 5/16/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well, I have nothing to do with wherever the Mods put this thread. Just because it is now in the Social Unrest category does not make it less of a conspiracy. To me, the base of the conspiracy can be studied easily in the late Antony Sutton's book, "America's Secret Establishment", in which he explains that the Dewey method of education has replaced earlier methods for the express purpose of instilling Hegelian dialectic and turning the children into cogs in the wheel of a secular State. The Gay agenda is just one of many ways in which TPTB can overrule parental authority and values and replace with something the State views to be desirable(in this case I am guessing political correctness). Sutton further explains that the Order of Skull and Bones is the root of this subversive means of controlling education.
You can read more about it here:

www.sntp.net...

I don't disagree with you here.
quite possibly this is a very orchestrated effort to reduce the influence of the church in the west as a whole. I however don't see that as some nefarious evil thing though. secularism is ideal (in my mind) as it pushes religion out of the limelight and back into your own home and community. a secular society is warded from religions now, and future religions that try to establish dominance down the road and alter the society...its a good thing to have a very strong secular society (and in that society, people practice their personal spiritual desires, whatever they may be).

I guess its just different viewpoints.
You are saying "omg, the barn is on fire, the horses are going to escape back into the wild.."
and I say the same thing
but you say it as if thats a bad thing, whereas I say it as a good thing.

I fully disagree with you about the parental authority bit though. I don't see any "tptb" stuff trying to weaken parenting...but I do see a general move towards a more enlightened society. This is bound to happen. Beating the snot out of a kid only raises violent people..we must move away from the violent nature. Training at a early age that resolution comes through violence (aka, excessive spankings) has ruled the world for far too long...time for a new way..
As far as the rest...the "nanny state" as some call it. I see most of that to be simple paranoia.
Hey parents, stop feeding your kids off lead lined plates!
-durn you big gub-ment, stop tellin me how to raise muh kids!-

Many parents are idiots...sorry...but thems are the facts...not all..but the a signficant percentage of parents are irresponsible people whom either don't know better, or simply don't care. They let their kids listen to whatever music they want, then freak out when they realize their kids are listening to "lushous lisa and the murder crew" or whatnot, and try to sue someone else for their lack of parenting.
(see eminem and lawsuits based on his content).

Personally, I think there needs to be a breeding test. Not that I am pushing for that...just a side thought..like a license to breed based on ability shown to pay attention, educate, and other minor tasks...
Better than our current method of just able to sleep with someone one night and pop.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wait...

Gay Agenda?