It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is NOT dropping out, the Mainstream Media is LYING.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If I was Dr. Paul, I would run as an independent! That would really f@#$ up the Repubs. They want to play games so would I.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Even though he has said he will not support Romney you are convinced he will tell supporters to "fall in line" with Romney?

Drink up that Koolaid. I am sure it is refreshing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Seeing as you see him as such a wise leader, will you follow him into Romneyland when he tells you all to get out and support Romney against Obama?
You don't think he made all this headway in the GOP Party, a GOP where his son is expected to rise in ranks, to kick them in the teeth and not support Romney when he gets the nomination do you?

Waiting to hear of your undieing support you are prepared to extend towards Romney.............
edit on 15-5-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yeah well all I know is if I get knocked off my horse # you all. Why do our Presidents spend each morning getting need to know from the director of the Central Intelligence Agency?
edit on 15-5-2012 by Atisha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Even though he has said he will not support Romney you are convinced he will tell supporters to "fall in line" with Romney?

Drink up that Koolaid. I am sure it is refreshing.

That was when he was still pretending to be a viable candidate.

This is now, reallity time.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
MItt romneys foreign policy team:

Well, take a look at Mitt Romney's Foreign Policy Team. He named the following people to his board of advisers:

Dov Zakheim - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Robert Kagan - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Michael Chertoff - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Eliot Cohen - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Eric Edelman - (Israele Dual Citizen)
John Lehman - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Evan Feigenbaum - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Aaron Friedberg - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Kent Lucken - (Israelie Dual Citizen)
Kristen Silverberg - (Israelie Dual Ctizen)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Andrew Strasser shared Occupy Seattle's photo.
Sunday
Indep. Sen. Bernie Sanders has stayed true to his word and just Launched a bill to END FOSSIL FUEL Subsidies with a new legislation that would repeal $113 BILLION of tax-breaks, & handouts for the fossil fuel industry over the next 10 yrs..

The fossil fuel industry is the RICHEST corporate industry on planet Earth, and yet the US tax payer is handing them hefty checks each year...The fossil fuel industry is going to fight back hard using their big $$$$$. ALL hands on deck! Click LIKE and Share if you agree that Enough is Enough! AND JOIN IN with others to Voice your support:

watch video www.youtube.com...

sign petition via 350.org...

act.350.org...

Join a global movement that's inspiring the world to rise to the challenge of the climate crisis.

Mission: 350.org is a grassroots global movement working to unite the world around solutions to the climate crisis—the solutions that science & justice demand. 350 is you, and the thousands of people like you who take it upon themselves to inspire your communities to action.

www.facebook.com...

sign petition via Bernie Sanders... www.sanders.senate.gov...

"sharing" is caring ~sn

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Seeing as you see him as such a wise leader, will you follow him into Romneyland when he tells you all to get out and support Romney against Obama?
You don't think he made all this headway in the GOP Party, a GOP where his son is expected to rise in ranks, to kick them in the teeth and not support Romney when he gets the nomination do you?

Waiting to hear of your undieing support you are prepared to extend towards Romney.............

Up to your usual tricks again huh?

You should enjoy some of the spin in this blog type posting, and I am sure you will just ignore the part that debunks your silly theory about backing Romney.

"I want us to stand for something", Ron Paul said as he refused to pledge his support to the republican nominee for president should Ron Paul lose the contest. “You now, for fifty, sixty years, we change parties, but we never change policy.”[cnsnews] Paul's statements, if true, could hand Barack Obama a second term.

Source

Of course this is Ron Paul's own recent e-mail.

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty, Ron Paul

So where in there do you see him suggesting for his supporters should now support Romney? An even better question is.... If Ron Paul would not support John McCain in 2008, what makes you think he would do it in 2012?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thought Creates Reality

America you have a new President and his name is!!!!! Ron Paul

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

He will do it this time because he wants his delegates to mean something, he wants a speaking position and at least one bullet point he can point to of his that the Party will promote on their platform when he is sitting in retirement so there is some evidence that he ever existed in Washington lol. His Congressional 30 year career only has that one Bill he authored and got passed to donate a small parcel of land for a town back in his congressional District, nothing to brag about.

So will you be supporting Romney after he instructs you to at the Convention?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I realize politics is a dirty game, and I realize the delegate strategy is important and necessary, but doesn't it seem dirty to completely ignore the voters, and completely ignore the will of the voters in the straw polls, caucuses, and primaries, and instead just work on getting your plants to the convention?

It seems to me that this has been a strategy of his supporters since the beginning. In essence, to "steal" the election from the voting electorate by working around the system...

Why not actually LEAD the party?

You answered that question beautifully here:

I'm afraid he is just a smart guy with great ideas, but not a true leader.

I don't think he was ever serious. He did the same thing in 2012. Got the people riled up only to give up on them. I remember you were upset when he gave up on Florida and I don't blame you. He gave up on the people. That's what I felt in 2008. That's when he lost my support. When he quit.

I do feel sympathy for those who have given SO much time, effort and money to support him, only to have this happen. I can't imagine it, especially this year, when so many believed he was serious. And his statement talks about the future, like he's going to run again in 2016? What it he thinking?

The whole thing is really kind of sad to me. I'm sorry for your disappointment.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

thanks for the thread, and of course he's not dropping out. he's just using a strategy and living by his principles of not going into debt.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well let me start by answering your question since you seem so hell bent on repeating yourself over and over and over again.

Will I support Romney? Absofreakinlutely not! Not on Mitt's best day or in his best suit.

Now let's get to your typical silliness. Ron Paul on CNN made it pretty clear that he does not have an interest on making a speech for the sake of making a speech. Perhaps you missed it.

Just bump it up to 1:20.

I have a better idea. Instead of going back and forth like we usually do. How about you put down your script and forget your silly talking points that have been proven false time and time again, and we have a real discussion about the topic? For instance.... the thread title is about the MSM lying about Ron Paul dropping out of the race. Maybe you can explain to me what the backing of Romney has to do with that?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
If I was Dr. Paul, I would run as an independent! That would really f@#$ up the Repubs. They want to play games so would I.

Recent polls show an independent run by Paul would hurt Obama.

Makes sense since many Paul voters are from the anti-war, pro-drug crowd. Hardly mainstream Republican ideals.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Read the writing on the wall kids, Ronnie boy has run out of money and can't afford the gas to drive to anymore paulbot rallies. That's why he's giving up, if paulbots put there money where there mouths are he would still be actively campaigning.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Shhhhhhhhh...You should not have said anything....

But these lies will actually help Ron Paul, so let them run with them. It will help him win delegates AND will help him win the beauty contests, if they aren't as rigged and fraud ridden as the conventions have been of course. If Romney supporters believe everything they hear on the MSM, which they do, they won't turn out on primary day when they think their guy is the only one running. We know we Ron Paul supporters will turn out to vote, so we may see him win California and/or Texas simply because the status quo folks will be sitting at home comfortable in the illusion that Ron Paul dropped out.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There may be more to this announcement than it appears.

What if Ron Paul wants to lull Romney and his supporters into thinking that they've won the race and therefore stop trying to sabotage RP's supporters at the state convention level? If Romney and more importantly, his billion $ backer, decide that the nomination is locked up, then they will stop spending millions in the remaining primary states too.Ron Paul hasn't said that he won't campaign in those states. He just said that he won't spend money in those states ie. TV advertising. How much money does it take to take to send the campaign bus to some cities in a primary state? A few thousand? Sure but not millions. Here's another aspect to this.

If there is systematic and widespread vote counting fraud in most if not all of the primaries, then spending millions on tv advertising is a waste of time. If that money is better spent supporting delegate selection, then this announcement makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The 1 stage of romney's grief and Obama's coming nightmare
#1 poop! I thought I had this thing bought AND THE MSM SOLD IT

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The media (who I certainly don't trust) isn't saying that. They are saying EXACTLY what Paul said, that he is ending active campaigning in states that haven't yet had Primary votes.

Having said that, Paul is nothing. He will fade away like so much chaff.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
C'mon guys.... Ron Paul gave it his best shot. He tried his hardest and he did a VERY good job. He came closer than anyone since Perot and that little twit got scared and dropped when I think he realized he might actually WIN.

Yeah well his life, or his family's lives, were threatened. I guess by people he took very seriously.
I heard that R.Paul also had a private meeting with Bernanke.
I wonder what that was about. Maybe they threatened Paul too.

edit on 15-5-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join