It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is NOT dropping out, the Mainstream Media is LYING.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Try and change someones 30 yr ignorance. I mean, its a REALLY hard thing to do. So, being angry in 2008?? Really?? What about 1988?? Were you angry when he ran back than when he didnt run as a Republican??

I dont understand this whole concept of "Party Platform"!! There were probably 8 different parties who used to run for POTUS so if any of the other 6 or 7 didnt "give in" are they considered against a particular party for not endorsing the "best" chance at winning?? I dont think so.

Try and change someones 50 yr ignorance. TV and having only 6 media Companies owning the WHOLE news is not how it was meant to be. We need to get back to a time when we had 8 different choices for President and everyone of these Parties would have an equal chance to have there voices heard.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I do agree and wish that Paul would have perhaps spent more time in primary states in the beginning but the cold hard truth is, he didn't have the required funds to take that approach. This is exactly what he's saying now. Florida would have taken tens of millions to run T.V. ads alone. Paul decided to take the caucus approach where he actually had a better chance all while utilizing his funds to maximum potential.

Money bombs are great for getting a quick few million here and there PURELY from grass roots donations. Even with those donations, Paul could not match the kind of super pacs Romney had to get T.V. spots etc in Florida and many other states. The same is true for California and Texas I would imagine. The establishment has set it up this way, only the rich can become president, right? This political elite game has to stop, this is why the passion for this movement still exists strongly.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Piss poor management of a campaign.

It makes Ron Paul look like an amateur, it doesn't matter if officially or unofficialy...he is out of this race....everyone knows it except his supporters...even Ron Paul knows this.

Continue to support his goal of a "strong message at the Convention" all you like...please just don't claim he is winning the nomination race.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't believe I've ever claimed Paul is "winning", just doing better than the MSM reports, and Romney not as well as they report.

Now, stop claiming he's "dropping out", because that's not true and you know it, thanks.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

I don't believe I've ever claimed Paul is "winning", just doing better than the MSM reports, and Romney not as well as they report.

Now, stop claiming he's "dropping out", because that's not true and you know it, thanks.

He has effectively dropped out...just as much as Santorum and Gingrich...their names are on the ballot...yet they aren't campaigning.

He is telling you flat out that he is no longer going for the nomination...you just don't want to hear it. He said it clear as day in his release...

We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

That is his goal...not the nomination...nowhere in his press release does he say he is on his way to win the nomination...if he was serious about it and he thought he had a chance...why wouldn't he say it?

So yes, in the race for the nomination...Paul is out....but feel free to continue supporting his goal of bringing a "strong message" to the RNC for the FUTURE.
edit on 14-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Gingrich and Santorum aren't still pushing for delegates at state conventions though are they? They have both publicly stated their campaign suspensions and have halted everything. They don't have a movement behind them do they? You better get used to this movement because it's not going anywhere.

Some would argue they are only still on the ballot to prevent Paul from getting delegates. It's pretty pathetic actually.

You speak pure nonsense.
You say you're here because you LOVE politics? Well, go get on a ticket and I'll remember not to vote for you with the amount of spin you produce daily.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Gingrich and Santorum haven't released their delegates have they?

And both Gingrich and Santorum will already have important roles at the Convention...so no need to try to prove something with stealing delegates.

This movement is small...I don't mind if it sticks around forever...it has no traction.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well I mean, that video got me pumped up. I hope he wins, scratch that he HAS to win if we are to have hope. But the mainstreem media never talks Dr.Paul. and the electronic voting is fibbed. Maybe when we mob the streets of DC they will listen.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Nope, they haven't released their delegates yet, but we aren't talking about "releasing" delegates, we're talking about gaining delegates. You are wrong, plain and simple, he's not dropping out at least not yet. Paul would not push for more delegates if he were dropping out, period. This isn't rocket science.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Give me an honest answer...do you think Paul is still seriously seeking the nomination or do you think he is just hoping to have an important role at the Convention???

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
. they basically said that the fight now is to get a speaking spot at the convention.. Paul's camp does not expect to win the election at this point, and they are effectively dropping out .. but they are still trying to get as many delegates on the floor of the convention as possible so that Dr. Paul will have a greater chance of getting to speak.

"This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible," Paul said in the statement issued Monday afternoon. "But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election.... It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win."

No one who follows politics, or pays attention to what Paul has stated this entire campaign, is surprised by this. Paul has never really had any delusions of winning the nomination. He knows what he is up against. He is trying to build a larger movement, perhaps even a new party.

It's unfortunate that SO MANY paul zealots dont really get any of this. They just treat it like an episode of america idol. Ooooh, if we flood the chatrooms with Ron Paul comments it means he wins! Oooh!

Paul is a rather brilliant guy, and I like a lot of his ideas. But it's a shame he lets so many of his less savvy followers believe in the possibility of him actually getting the nomination.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Wookiep

Give me an honest answer...do you think Paul is still seriously seeking the nomination or do you think he is just hoping to have an important role at the Convention???

I think he's attempting to do both. Just as he has stated even on the MSM. Don't you keep up with politics?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Piss Poor Management??? I mean come on now. This has been probably one of the best campaigns from a person who "doesnt have ANY support" in the HISTORY of Politics!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That was the one chance... and now it is gone... I do not know why you are so happy the world will now go completely to hell...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Nope, they haven't released their delegates yet, but we aren't talking about "releasing" delegates, we're talking about gaining delegates. You are wrong, plain and simple, he's not dropping out at least not yet. Paul would not push for more delegates if he were dropping out, period. This isn't rocket science.

Stealing delegates when they clearly were not the choice of the voters would come off as a desperate bid for attention so of course they are not doing that. However if they get a enough by popular vote they no doubt will trade them for a spot at the convention. Paul is doing the same thing just trying to steal delegates and he just does not care that most people see it as dirty, because outside of his small loyal group of supporters nobody ever votes for him anyway.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Now, what in Ron Pauls History has led you to believe he is trying to pull something over on the People who want him to be President?? You are really reaching again and its funny because your earlier responses are pretty "non confrontational". Now you want to throw out the "RP has been deceiving everyone this whole time" card.

Source Please??? LOL. (this is usually your response).

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Stealing delegates when they clearly were not the choice of the voters would come off as a desperate bid for attention so of course they are not doing that. However if they get a enough by popular vote they no doubt will trade them for a spot at the convention. Paul is doing the same thing just trying to steal delegates and he just does not care that most people see it as dirty, because outside of his small loyal group of supporters nobody ever votes for him anyway.

Call it "stealing" delegates all you want, but you would be wrong. All the delegates for Ron Paul obtained so far have been obtained entirely by the rules. I would advise you to actually learn the process before saying things like that in the name of bashing Paul for your boy Obama. You liberals are really on a kick lately. I get confused why all the Paul bashing by liberals when neo-cons are by far your greater enemy.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Are you "Posters" even allowed to vote?? Do you have any idea of the History of RP, let alone Politics in General??

It almost seems to you and others like this election means nothing important at all?? We are probably in a 10-15 year awakening period. Now, I completely understand the attention level and the short attention span but be patient Grasshopper. It will happen before you even realize it. Almost in the same time it takes your House to go from $250K to $90K in value.

LOL!!!!

edit on 14-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The official Ron Paul campaign website has now posted the video in the OP to even further bring home the fact that he isn't dropping out:

www.ronpaul2012.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Chirp, Chirp....the Grassshopppers are getting loud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join