It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is NOT dropping out, the Mainstream Media is LYING.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Although this information can be found somewhere in This thread, it has a lot of individuals claiming Paul has dropped out, or ended his campaign alltogether. This is simply not true. This recent letter sent out by the Paul campaign is more about a new strategy direction the campaign is taking in order to focus on state conventions to continue grabbing delegates for the RNC.

I just got done watching the Nightly News with Brian Williams and he flat out said Paul was pretty much "dropping out" of the race. This is a complete LIE, and now it's all over the place. Let's get the real facts out there before the political madness running rampant in our country takes complete control over the masses. Paul supporters have seen it from the beginning, but if this isn't a blatant example of how the media is completely mis-representing Paul, then I don't know what is.

Here is what Jack Hunter and Doug Wead (Paul's senior campaign advisor) are saying about this:

Jack Hunter

Doug Wead

Doug Wead Senior advisor to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign joins Daily Paul Radio with Kurt Wallace for ‘Doug Wead ‘We are not out, We are Up!’ The fight has just begun!’

Clik here for Radio interview with Doug Wead

edit on 14-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

"Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted," said Paul, in a statement released Monday afternoon. "Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have."

CNN.com

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
he isn't campaining in primary states because he can only get "stealth" delegates when his cult betrays the will of the people in the caucus states and takes over the process with mob rule

so how does he win a general election ?

he doesn't

this is all about EGO

ron go back to your day job

+25 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he isn't campaining in primary states because he can only get "stealth" delegates when his cult betrays the will of the people in the caucus states and takes over the process with mob rule

he doesn't

this is all about EGO

I do not care much for elections because they are rigged. But ego? Really? What about spreading awareness?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I saw something the other day from someone who's a Paul staffer, I just can't remember the source ( sorry ) .. they basically said that the fight now is to get a speaking spot at the convention.. Paul's camp does not expect to win the election at this point, and they are effectively dropping out .. but they are still trying to get as many delegates on the floor of the convention as possible so that Dr. Paul will have a greater chance of getting to speak.

"This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible," Paul said in the statement issued Monday afternoon. "But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election.... It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win."

For Paul, it's now about pushing the message of liberty forward with a huge final shove..
edit on 5/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

]Originally posted by amongus

"Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted," said Paul, in a statement released Monday afternoon. "Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have."

CNN.com

Yep, how about reading the whole thing provided by the same source who provided it to CNN? How about paying attention to the sources in the OP? Seriously, do you people do this nonsense for FUN?

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry astrong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to thepolls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting andneed your support.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

Has everyone gone BLIND?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The goal at this point is to amass delegates, he knows he's not going to get the nomination.. Paul wants as many delegates at the convention as possible so that the GOP is pressured to let him speak at that convention.. that's what this is about now... Pushing his message and not letting it get drown out in the process..

link   
reply to post by miniatus

You mean I've had to read through all these Ron Paul threads to insure he can speak at the Convention? If I were Romney, I'd give everybody who ran against me twenty minutes and announce it right now so that people could get back to normal lives.

link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I'm a Ron Paul supporter. I was angry when Paul skipped Florida and Missouri (my two home states, and two states with active and influential Tea Parties). I am even more angry now that he has decided to stop campaigning to the actual voters and instead embark on a campaign to steal delegates?

I realize politics is a dirty game, and I realize the delegate strategy is important and necessary, but doesn't it seem dirty to completely ignore the voters, and completely ignore the will of the voters in the straw polls, caucuses, and primaries, and instead just work on getting your plants to the convention? If the delegates were part of a larger strategy, with a mainstream campaign, and he was a legitimate contender, then I would applaud it, but instead he is basically conceding the popular vote and mainstream attention to Romney, and then trying to sneak in the back door at the convention? And he is also starting to say things that make me think he has given up. He is talking about being happy with just shaping the party and influencing its direction. Bullshyte! Why not actually LEAD the party?

My hangup in 2008 with Ron Paul was that he didn't take himself seriously enough, and now that same hangup had reared its head in 2012. I'm afraid he is just a smart guy with great ideas, but not a true leader.

Some people are bright idea people. Some people are innovators. Some people are students of history. Some people are charismatic leaders. Very few people have all the above. Sometimes it is best to have a charismatic leader with the savvy intelligence to employ the bright idea people, innovators, and historians. I'm afraid Ron Paul is a better employee than leader.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by Wookiep

The goal at this point is to amass delegates, he knows he's not going to get the nomination.. Paul wants as many delegates at the convention as possible so that the GOP is pressured to let him speak at that convention.. that's what this is about now... Pushing his message and not letting it get drown out in the process..

And you know this as fact? Ok, great, either way he's not DROPPING OUT, that is the whole point of this thread.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
C'mon guys.... Ron Paul gave it his best shot. He tried his hardest and he did a VERY good job. He came closer than anyone since Perot and that little twit got scared and dropped when I think he realized he might actually WIN.

No, this isn't November yet and I know well what I said about staying off this..but it's over and Paul called it himself. The comments I'd read this afternoon said he intends to hang in there to influence the discussion and national topics. I commend him for that and it's good he isn't actually dropping out entirely. He'll help keep 'em a little more honest than they might have otherwise been. He'll keep PEOPLE awake, aware and pissed. These are all good things.

Paul also accomplishes two things. He's a clever old guy, and it's why I supported him until the math just wasn't working anymore. The Media will barely give him the time to say hello right now for fear they encourage his supporters or (heaven forbid) actually contribute to more support for the Candidate all sides of the system hate beyond anyone else. NOW....Paul is no longer a true contender. He's not a threat to cover and I'll bet he sets to USING that soapbox to it's fullest extent and sooner rather than later. Clever indeed...and I love the influence I am sure he'll have.

Really though... He didn't use the "S" word (Suspend) but for long term prospects, he might as well have. Romney isn't THAT far from the magic number and Paul just threw things for how it'll look without ANY question in my mind to all but the most dedicated. That means his numbers start running the wrong direction now....it's just political reality and I don't like how this all ended either.

I gotta ask though. If his own statements and his own words today explaining what he's doing and why he's doing it isn't enough to take him at his word, what will be the point tilting at windmills becomes too much? When Romney HAS the magic number? When he wins the Convention? Please don't tell me this will go on for as many years as the Bush/2000 election did.

Right or wrong on all this and however unfairly Dr. Paul got himself buried without having a fair shot, it has to end eventually? Lets watch Paul give Obama and Romney BOTH headaches he couldn't while appearing to be a real threat and cheer him. He'll need the encouragement.

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

he doesn't

this is all about EGO

It ain't over till it's over.
Tame your ego son.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
And you know this as fact? Ok, great, either way he's not DROPPING OUT, that is the whole point of this thread.

If i could find the source I would share it with you.. it was an interview from someone in the Paul camp the other day.. and now a couple of days later Paul makes this announcement.. seems pretty obvious to me.

The fact is that there are some RP supporters that are deluded and won't believe it until it's over that Ron isn't going to be the next president.. I am a huge supporter of Ron, but I'm also a realist .. I think his new strategy is perfect.. I can't wait to hear him speak at the convention unless they try to drown him out..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You certainly have the right to feel that way, and to be honest, I would too if the media and GOP played fair. We all know about the votes from dead people Romney has been getting. We have seen the constant bombardment of lies, blackouts and mis-representation of Dr. Paul in the Media. Today is a perfect example of this. We don't see ANY grass roots from the Romney camp, we see no huge numbers at rallies, NOTHING. The fact of the matter is, whether you call it "stealing" or not, what the Paul supporters are doing as delegates is NOT against the rules.

link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by Wookiep

While the message is extremely important,
I invite you to read a little bit of this from the Washington Post:

Ron Paul’s “Stealth” Delegate Strategy (bolded for emphasis)

Yet at state conventions around the country, Paul supporters are increasing the candidate’s support by taking over state party committees and educating fellow Paul fans in arcane rules.

While at many conventions Romney backers are split between numerous would-be delegates, Paul supporters are showing up in droves and voting with discipline for a delegate slate.

With a plurality of delegates from five states, Paul supporters could nominate him from the convention floor — the goal of at least some Paul supporters…

Here’s the latest on Paul’s strength in state committees and conventions...:

Read More Here
edit on 5/14/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm with you Wookie...

A change in strategy is not dropping out.

The caucuses where delegates can be divided up between the nominees is where Dr. Paul has put his focus. I completely agree with a strategy of not going after primary states that are "all or nothing", because to win those states, it really comes down to either already having won them, or fighting for them and seeing who has the most money to win a basic popularity contest.

I can't believe people don't realize this. Look at ANY state that is a primary state in which Romney competes, and it's easy to see that he floods the airwaves with as much ad space as he can, which ultimately, costs a TON of money to fill all of the slots that he does. Who wants to spend that kind of money on their campaign when you can go after the caucus states and win delegates there? The primaries are always nothing more than a mud-slinging contest to see who has the most money to make the biggest mudballs.

If Dr. Paul can pull enough delegates, he has a chance of splitting the vote 3 ways, and at that point, it's anyone's game. Romney and Obama both don't want that because then there is no "guaranteed" win by the establishment, and there is a good chance that Paul could pull 33.1% or more of the vote by running independently. That gives him quite a bit of leverage with Romney's campaign to at least hold their feet to the fire when it comes to the policies that they get behind during the election.

I'm interested in seeing what their next move is. It could go either way at this point.

OP, S&F for dispelling the rumors and getting to the heart of the matter.

~Namaste

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The campaign, Paul said, "will continue to work in the state convention process" in order to "carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted."

Again ... he's trying to get into the convention, he's not trying to win the nomination .. And anyone who has any basic understanding of the process would understand how that's not possible.. but if Ron has a strong enough delegate count at the convention, he can hopefully speak...This is Ron's current strategy

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

the goal of at least some Paul supporters…

Yes some supporters have this in mind.. and if they pull it off, awesome.. very unlikely, but it would be a great thing if that group of "some Paul supporters" manages it..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

That is up for debate, he's asking for support in getting delegates at state conventions, yes. The point is, he is not dropping out, he would not ask for this or even attempt to get more delegates if he were dropping out.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Its not just the MSM though, it is the Paul campaign. The Tea Party in Florida had a virtual jail break in the 2010 elections! We cleaned house in the state house and senate. We picked the governor. We picked the US Senate positions. We won every race we were in! AND Paul decided to just ignore campaigning in Florida? His biggest area of supporters has been college students, tea-partiers, and the ex-hippies that are now aging baby boomers! Florida is full of those demographics. He had a legitimate shot for a strong finish here, and it would have set the tone for his whole campaign. He let Cain win the Straw Poll, and then he didn't even absorb those Cain votes and take the actual primary. Not to mention Florida is the home of the RNC this year, so having a big win and favorable press here in Florida could have been HUGE!........... And then Missouri is ground zero for militia group/survivalist/small government types, and since their delegate count was cut in half, nobody campaigned there and it was wide open, but he let Santorum win?

Paul's campaign has been poorly engineered in my opinion. He focused on the meaningless states, ignored the MSM, took a large campaign warchest and wasted it, while Santorum took a much smaller warchest to several key wins.

Paul just isn't a leader. He is a genius with great ideas, but I'm starting to think he wouldn't make a great president even if he did win.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join