It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is NOT dropping out, the Mainstream Media is LYING.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert
reply to post by stanguilles7

Just saying it's not the man;but, the message of liberty, that has so many people behind the cause. The movement is bigger than the champion for the cause.

Is it? We'll have to wait and see.

My take? Too many paul supporters are just fans and zealots. When he loses the nomination, they will find a new hobby.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Mitt Romney is a horrible person who would have shut down the detroit automakers. He is a shark that gets rich on the blood of people who actually work.He is the embodiment of every negative conservative stereotype. I am a registered republican and have been for many years, but if I have to choose between the lesser of 2 evils I'll be voting democrat for the first time ever.(and probably leaving the GOP for good)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

How is that any different than the general election? Our votes don't count in the general election. The freaking electoral college is all that counts!! Come off of it!!
edit on 15-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If Ron Paul suspending his campaign means he dropped out, then Romney needs not do any more campaigning, because he doesn't have to worry about Ron Paul.

Yet Romney will continue campaigning. Why is that? Because Ron Paul's strategy is a problem for other candidates. Plus, considering Ron Paul's own words:

"We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future."

which is what Mr Paul has been doing during his campaign, what has changed besides his deciding to devote his efforts elsewhere?

Nothing. Nothing else has changed. Ron Paul did not suspend his campaign. He simply stopped campaigning like Romney.

Semantic argument? If you see it that way I suppose. But let's look at this in another light that doesn't even involve Romney or Paul:

If TIMMY TWO-TOES is employing the same exact strategy then and now, and then it was called "campaigning", what's it called now?

The answer to that question is what Ron Paul is currently doing. I won't give it away but it rhymes with "fampaigning".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That was the one chance... and now it is gone... I do not know why you are so happy the world will now go completely to hell...

The only thing I'm happy about is that Dr. Paul will have a larger voice this way than he did while he was a real threat.

I'd sure have given anything to see him have the ability to run the distance, and I did vote and participate for him in every tangible way I could in Missouri. Primary and caucus.

...but the odds we stacked against him so badly that I don't think anyone could have won. He's still going to do good from where he's at though and Rand Paul is a senator. That is considerably more important in how Congress works than a Congressman. He can still have a lot of influence in the whole thing, just not win it at this point. It'll be an interesting convention though.

I believe Ron Paul has accumulated enough to assert himself at the convention as I understand things. He at least ought to be able to speak, I'd think.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wookiep

I'm a Ron Paul supporter. I was angry when Paul skipped Florida and Missouri (my two home states, and two states with active and influential Tea Parties). I am even more angry now that he has decided to stop campaigning to the actual voters and instead embark on a campaign to steal delegates?

I realize politics is a dirty game, and I realize the delegate strategy is important and necessary, but doesn't it seem dirty to completely ignore the voters, and completely ignore the will of the voters in the straw polls, caucuses, and primaries, and instead just work on getting your plants to the convention? If the delegates were part of a larger strategy, with a mainstream campaign, and he was a legitimate contender, then I would applaud it, but instead he is basically conceding the popular vote and mainstream attention to Romney, and then trying to sneak in the back door at the convention? And he is also starting to say things that make me think he has given up. He is talking about being happy with just shaping the party and influencing its direction. Bullshyte! Why not actually LEAD the party?

My hangup in 2008 with Ron Paul was that he didn't take himself seriously enough, and now that same hangup had reared its head in 2012. I'm afraid he is just a smart guy with great ideas, but not a true leader.

Some people are bright idea people. Some people are innovators. Some people are students of history. Some people are charismatic leaders. Very few people have all the above. Sometimes it is best to have a charismatic leader with the savvy intelligence to employ the bright idea people, innovators, and historians. I'm afraid Ron Paul is a better employee than leader.

I do not want to say this... I can't lie, however.

I agree...

anyone can go look at my post history to know I am a STRONG Ron Paul supporter...

This sounds SO weak. I almost want to vote for someone else, because he's doing the same # again. There's only one way he could let me down, and it's not losing, Nope. It's giving up. The Army taught me NO EXCUSES. I learned to always try my best until the end.

If this is him "playing the game," Then he has completely lost ME.

Of course... The government doesn't want to see plan B.

I feel sad. I'm feeling "weak" for supporting him, again, when his goals never seem to fit his attitude, late in the game. He can't really be this naive? Can he?

Or darker still... Is he one of ...........them???????

~Dusty
edit on 5/15/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

but instead he is basically conceding the popular vote and mainstream attention to Romney,

Oh yeah?
He's giving up all that mainstream attention he was getting huh?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
We are taking the country back at the county and state levels while Romney sings the tune of the establishment. Liberty will win in the end.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That was the one chance... and now it is gone... I do not know why you are so happy the world will now go completely to hell...

The only thing I'm happy about is that Dr. Paul will have a larger voice this way than he did while he was a real threat.

I'd sure have given anything to see him have the ability to run the distance, and I did vote and participate for him in every tangible way I could in Missouri. Primary and caucus.

...but the odds we stacked against him so badly that I don't think anyone could have won. He's still going to do good from where he's at though and Rand Paul is a senator. That is considerably more important in how Congress works than a Congressman. He can still have a lot of influence in the whole thing, just not win it at this point. It'll be an interesting convention though.

I believe Ron Paul has accumulated enough to assert himself at the convention as I understand things. He at least ought to be able to speak, I'd think.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added

Speaking has not helped anything, speaking to the people who run the country will simply be ignored. If people wanted to change they would, speaking does nothing. What good to speak? Are the leaders because someone spoke going to say they were wrong and change? No. So why speak, the leadership either changes or it doesn't speaking does nothing more than beating your head against a wall.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It's really funny to read through this thread.

All of the Paul haters are delighted when they have no reason to be (and they even know it, they are buying their own spin).

Some Ron Paul supporters are getting butt hurt like Paul owed them personally to show up some place or to do what they thought he should do rather than what he though even though he is on a campaign to ensure they have a better future.

The rest of the Ron Paul supporters that are still strong are concerned, but they have no reason to be.

All that has happened here is that Paul is doing exactly what Romney did a month ago. He is still campaigning and still in the race he just isn't going to go into debt and waste campain funds spending tens of millions in states popular vote contests only to realize later that it was a waste of money and that no matter the vote the people have come to life on their own. Ron Paul isn't doing anything shady or stealing delegates the people are taking over this corrupt system (ie: revolution). There is going to be an upset at the national convention when Ron Paul shows up with several hundred delegates and then "Romney" delegates start abstaining from the first round of votes.

Remember Romney's bound delegates can only vote for Romney, that means they can't vote for anyone besides him in the first round. They can still abstain from the first round without breaking the rule of voting for someone besides Romney.

I am afraid a lot of supporters are missing the point of this whooole thing,

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Exactly.

It was a shame that he had to say anything at all, but it would have seemed like he was losing interest to his supporters (who were upset that he didn't send campaign people to the conventions in Oklahoma and Arizona). He was already doing just what he has explained and the media didn't notice. He only had to make it known when people in his camp started to get discouraged thinking he didn't care. Unfortunately the media who have functioned solely to hurt Paul have tried to lie to everyone and say he is out of the race.

He has already been easing up on spending on his campaign.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Why should he bother with the popularity votes when everyone knows he is being railroaded by the mainstream media to begin with? The RNC and the mainstream media has tried to cheat him out of every victory he has had, I beleive that this is a very smart move on his part. If the RNC and the mainstream media want to roadblock his campain, simply bypass them all together.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

Yeah.. if you paid attention to only the mainstream media you wouldn't know he had ever had a victory.

Let alone:

Maine
Minnesota
Iowa
Nevada

and likely 6 or so more.

Aswell as a popular vote in the U.S. Virgin islands.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I wish I had taken a screenshot earlier of the headline on the BBC News website as it clearly stated he had pulled out (to which I replied WTF DUDE?!).

Now it's reading: "Ron Paul to end 'active campaigning' for Republican nod"

But this doesn't surprise me, seen it happen right before my eyes with Sky News and the BBC Website. It is obvious who will win, the most corrupt and wicked person will go into power.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he isn't campaining in primary states because he can only get "stealth" delegates when his cult betrays the will of the people in the caucus states and takes over the process with mob rule

so how does he win a general election ?

he doesn't

this is all about EGO

ron go back to your day job

"stealth" delegates? Are you serious or just off your meds again?

In 1976 it was called "The Regan Revolution". Do you have any idea why that is?

Answer: What Ron Paul is doing today, is what Regan did in 1978 when he nearly beat Gerald Ford.

More on topic: The MSM is a complete joke. I have read several articles about Ron Paul's campaign today and most of the headlines claim Paul is dropping out. Of course if you read the actual article, it says no such thing. Just that he is not going to spend a ton of money campaigning in States that have not yet held a Caucus or Primary.

The funny part about this is, Paul has already been to some of these States. Texas and California immediately pop into mind. How quickly some here forget these crowds...

College Station Texas

Houston Texas, on a Friday night, 4000 + people.

UCLA Rally 7000+

And just to add some perspective check out this video...

Syrinx- I will leave you now with the same image I left for another in another thread. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do

edit on 15-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I saw something the other day from someone who's a Paul staffer, I just can't remember the source ( sorry ) .. they basically said that the fight now is to get a speaking spot at the convention.. Paul's camp does not expect to win the election at this point, and they are effectively dropping out .. but they are still trying to get as many delegates on the floor of the convention as possible so that Dr. Paul will have a greater chance of getting to speak.

"This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible," Paul said in the statement issued Monday afternoon. "But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election.... It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win."

For Paul, it's now about pushing the message of liberty forward with a huge final shove..
edit on 5/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

I think you are right, but the problem is that his own party is the problem. These guys hate Ron Paul. He is an outsider in his own group because he does not play their game. They are all crooks and he stands against their crimes and actively seeks to destroy their power base by removing their funding.

These people are threatened and are lashing out like a wounded cat backed into a corner. It would be comical if it were not so dangerous. Paul supporters see right through this MSM BS. Unfortunately the masses who believe self admitted "Entertainment News Networks" like CNN and FOX will never be smart enough to understand the true story or the depth of corruption rampant in our country. They will just be left in awe as the bubble bursts and they are told the government needs their food and weapons and they are required to board a train without any possessions so they can be taken to a "Safe place".

Oh to be blind is such sweet denial until YOU become the target.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

doesn't it seem dirty to completely ignore the voters, and completely ignore the will of the voters in the straw polls, caucuses, and primaries, and instead just work on getting your plants to the convention?
reply to post by getreadyalready

I understand why you feel this way, but if you ask me, I honestly don't know if that was the will of the people because there was so much proven voter fraud in many states, and the way the media (or lack of) has treated him I kinda look at it as taking what is rightfully his!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Seven Stages of Ron Paul Supporter Grief

1) Shock or Disbelief: The Northbreather posted at 12:58 p.m. "GET DELEGATES! RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"*

2) Denial: Elwar posted at 1:09 pm "We are winning folks. Now is the time to dig in for the long haul."

3) Anger: DarthBrooklyn posted at 12:43 pm "Now the media who has bashed the sh** out of him from day 1, will now start fawning over him and how great this and that about him and invite him to potificate on the general election.. He should tell everyone who invites him on tv to take a long walk off a short pier. .. Fkn scum... I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ROMNEY... EVER!!!"*

4) Bargaining: Massachusetts posted at 2:11pm "Our past couple moneybombs could have been a lot better, and I know a lot of people are hurting financially, but if this is Ron's last hurrah (I don't think it is, I still think he will become President), let's show him that we are in it to win it and that we will support him all the way to Tampa. Any input? If we could all pledge $10 for whatever the date may be, we could make this special and make Ron's connection with this movement one to remember."*

5) Guilt: Eleganz posted at 1:05 pm "You guys happy now? Nobody promoting the money bombs
Nobody using phone from home and the program is just sitting there eating money
No wonder the campaign can't keep up
You want to change the perception that Ron Paul is still in it to win it?
Blow up this next moneybomb.
Give all that you can
Get on phone from home
Start promoting money bomb and phoning right this second
Start organizing the state conventions
DO SOMETHING!"*

6) Depression: Apparition posted at 1:48 pm "Yeah man....... sending out bleak emails to supporters is an awesome move. Way to be stealth and stuff."

7) Acceptance and Hope: Dude58677 posted at 1:46 pm "We are better off when we are not on the radar. The establishment will have their heads in the cloud and we can continue getting delegates at State Conventions. If Ron Paul went up and said 'I'm going to kick Romney's ass' then Romney's supporters will show up at the conventions in droves. I was worried that the establishment will catch on to our delegate strategy but now this keep us off the radar, so lets look to the conventions this weekend."*

*Entries marked with an asterisk could also be categorized as "denial."

Read More www.gq.com...

Paulbots across the interwebz are turning into a case study for online lunacy.

The jig is up, the election is over for Paul, get ready to have your savior instruct you to fall in line behind Romney.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

I'm a Ron Paul supporter. I was angry when Paul skipped Florida and Missouri (my two home states, and two states with active and influential Tea Parties). I am even more angry now that he has decided to stop campaigning to the actual voters and instead embark on a campaign to steal delegates?

I realize politics is a dirty game, and I realize the delegate strategy is important and necessary, but doesn't it seem dirty to completely ignore the voters, and completely ignore the will of the voters in the straw polls, caucuses, and primaries, and instead just work on getting your plants to the convention? If the delegates were part of a larger strategy, with a mainstream campaign, and he was a legitimate contender, then I would applaud it, but instead he is basically conceding the popular vote and mainstream attention to Romney, and then trying to sneak in the back door at the convention? And he is also starting to say things that make me think he has given up. He is talking about being happy with just shaping the party and influencing its direction. Bullshyte! Why not actually LEAD the party?

You realize this "backdoor" strategy is exactly what Ronald Regan also did in 1976 when he almost stole the election from Gerald Ford right?

I think Ron Paul has lead the Party. I am not so sure you can say he is not leading when he has lead his supporters to the inside where they have learned how the process works and they are now occupying seats within the Party. No matter how you look at it, come 2016, the Party may be very different.

Fact is Ron Paul "conceding the popular vote and mainstream attention to Romney" is probably the wisest thing he could do at this point. After all, just look at the recent interviews he has done. Even when he is on TV, they only talk to him about Romney. So what attention is he actually getting? The MSM abandoned Paul. Every MSM outlet pulled reporters from his campaign and stopped covering him months ago, even before Santorum dropped out.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Why in Hell's tarnation would he he is running against a literal Anti-Christ in Mitt Romney as his psycho's... There is no other church I have to stop asteroids from hitting us because of... and yes pentacosts shake us not condemning though just explaining.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Atisha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join