It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul thinks campaigning is "queer as blazes".

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkinin

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Darkinin

He is trying to give some of you false hope so you don't jump out the windows.

---------

I'll consider it false hope when we stop winning every convention that takes place. Besides, I, and probably very many other supporters, are in this to the end.

I'm not planning on jumping ship any time soon.

You will see Ron Paul at the GOP convention.

It should be pretty good.

We have a lot to do.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Winners never quit and Paul never had a snow balls chance in hell of ever winning feel free to keep living in denial.

and yep denail aint just a river in Egypt or a Paul supporter living in fantasy land or a poster going around calling another poster a shill because they are exercising his constitutional right to free speech.

People you are the products of 4 billion years of evolutionary success how bout acting like it eh?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Dr. Ron Paul is done. This is what losers do right before the drop out. They stop spending money. How do you possibly think he can win without spending any money???? I mean its an honorable goal, but seriously. You guys are hanging on every last thread. Let me break it down for you.

There have been rumors with Ron Paul and Romney camps meeting for months. and just days ago he sat down with Ben Bernanke. He's obviously making deals left and right. Maybe Ron Paul made a deal with Bernanke so he can live tax free when he retires or something!

Now, he stops raising money, and stops campaigning in other states. As others have pointed out there was lack of RP support in AZ and OK. How do you explain that?

So who are the delusional ones now? Who are the trolls now? Who has been telling you guys since the beginning that Ron Paul was never going to win and your idea of liberty is never going to be exactly how you want it!

It's just like communism. It's great in theory. In Practice, it just will never work, be implemented, or be maintained, Sorry!

link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That is false info. Please go to Ron Paul's personal site to get the 'real' info before spreading the stench.

Thanks.

Of course the MSM will twist things like that. They are part of the establishment that Ron Paul is trying to flip upside down.

link   
hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! look what Flash Mob Voting did in Greece....

nothing is over these days, Nothing

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This official dutch media tells :

Mitt Romney has 966 delagets...Paul has 104.

is this correct ?

Temporary link

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So he is conceding the two biggest States, Texas and California, to Romney.

Somehow I don't think Paul supporters are going to realize the signifcance of this annoucement.

Now you're no worse than CNN...spinning this just as they do.
He hasn't conceded anything, OS, and you know that.

edit on 5/14/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

Excuse me if this inquiry has already been answered but being really stupid when it comes to the delegate collection process I have the following question...does this news mean that Ron IS or IS NOT able to continue collecting delegates from the states which have NOT yet held their primaries? Can his supporters still "take over" a state delegation process as they did in Maine and Nevada?

Help please.

Thanks in advance...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah right! Keep waiting on the media to make Ron shine for ya!

What i hate about Ron Paul supporters is that y'all still count on the "corrupt" system to play fair with an anti-establishment potential president. WTF???

As for Obumer i've grown to not be able to stand the bastard, so much that even as a liberal-leaning voter i'd rather vote for Romney if i had to!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, it's hard to spin "out of money" as anything but that. He doesn't have the money. It's not strategy; Clearly he would actively campaign in these states, if the money was there. It isn't. If, after everything that has happened, America won't stand up for RP, put our wallet where our mouths are(I did donate to RP)..well, say hello to more of the same. The man is literally risking assassination to save America and Americans from themselves, and we wouldn't even pony up the cash to keep him flush until the convention. The fault isn't with him, he did waaaay beyond his part. This is on us.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx

The MSM can be honest.

You say that as if it ever were.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true

Tell me...has the Ron Paul campaign officially released a statement about Ron Paul supporters that are bound to Romney not voting for him on the first round?

If not...why?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”

Joseph Goebbels would disagree.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm still for voting for Ron Paul as well.
What it does show though from the Main Stream Media especially, is that our election process is a sham, based on Money, rather than free and fair elections. There is nothing to be proud of about our voting system in this country when money is what does the talking. When it comes to America, There is nothing of value and nothing for us to trust in anymore especially when it comes to our Government, Our Freedoms, and Our Voting system and it deserves to be thrown in the dust bin of History.

Originally posted by satron

Ron Paul didn't abandon anyone, it's actually less sensational than that. He ran out of money.

Regardless, I'm still voting for Ron Paul.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”

Joseph Goebbels would disagree.

Propaganda isn't exactly true though...is it?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the Stat

Goebbels step 2.

Never ever seen anything "truthful in the political world" it is all about manipulation and deception where facts never enter into that equation.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ending active campaigning is not the same as suspending your campaign. This to me really seems like more of a cost cutting measure than anything else. Romney could probably learn something, how many millions has he been spending thus far?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
guys chill the hell out with all this depression of Ron Paul dropping out. He clearly stated that he simply didn't have the resources to continue campaigning. if you're a true supporter you'll do the job for him. let's push him through the last step. if you're state is still electing delegates, get your happy butt involved and go to the NC and vote RP. don't feel beaten let this motivate you to beat the system. geez people give up so easily these days.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So he is conceding the two biggest States, Texas and California, to Romney.

Somehow I don't think Paul supporters are going to realize the signifcance of this annoucement.

hey there Obama lover. This is a tactical move. Don't hyperventilate too much. We know you love Obama.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by rival
Can someone show me where it says Ron Paul is either quitting, giving up, or conceding?

Because what I am understanding from this release is that he is still in the race, still expecting
to gather delegates, and still fighting for a win with a consolidated strategy of going to the
convention with the majority of delegates.

I didn't quite finish ninth grade so perhaps my command of the English language is lacking....

any help?

Go to Yahoo.com.

They have Ron Paul quitting because he is --- out of money ---.

I just came from Yahoo, and Google, CNN, MSNBC etc...

And I still can't find any mention of him conceding, quitting, or giving up the race for nomination etc...

I was trying to find MSM coverage of him winning the Arizona and Oklahoma delegates,
but when I type in his name the only news item that comes up is this one about active
campaigning.

It seems weird he would win Arizona and Oklahoma and then the next day cede to Romney.
I'm just looking for verification....actual words he spoke where he says, I give up etc...

Thanks though...

edit on 14-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join