It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So tell me, where are the crowds of Ron Paul supporters in OK and AZ? Show me the YouTube videos! Show me proof.

I'm not asserting he won anything...I was asking you a question.

You said there were "other posters" stating he lost Arizona and Oklahoma, but I couldn't find any
reference. And I was asking if maybe you made a mistake...

It's okay, we all make mistakes?

After you answer my question, if you still want proof of the crowds and the count and Ron Paul winning
Arizona and Oklahoma from youtube videos...I can provide it... but there are SO MANY....how many should
I post?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just another spin media story, to detract from the real issues at hand...

Ron Paul is not ending anything, except for spending money in campaigning in Primaries... He's still on the ballets, he's still going to win delegates, and no matter what the media or Paul detractors do or say, it's NOT going to stop it. They can spin an announcement a billion ways, but it's not working, hasn't worked in the past, and will not work today.

The best part of my day involved seeing Yahoo's story about this, and how they spun it, then seeing CNN spin it, then see the Paul detractors here do the same.

Side note, this thread NEEDS TO BE RECHECKED BY MODS ASAP.

Why isn't the bashing of Paul supporters labeled as Political trolling? It doesn't add anything to the dialog. Why is it okay and gets the blind eye from Moderators? I see it constantly with Paul threads. CONSTANTLY. It's on this thread, it's on others, and it seems a few members are given the green light to bash, every time... Just disheartening to see on this site (a site mind you that held that use to hold it's own polls a few months back, with Ron Paul getting the majority of the votes) when rules are enforced to the letter of the law, while others are just side stepped. Or when Paul supporters try to defend against said trolling, and are then labeled Political trolls themselves, while the original offenders just sit and wait to report the responses as trolling. It's sad really, don't understand what the Anti- Paul members get from doing it almost ever thread. (And just watch, friendly wager says my post is reported on and removed)...

edit on 14-5-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It seems like there are a lot of anti-Paul people here trying to turn this into something it isn't. I guess they like to spin things like this to give people the impression that the person they dislike is out.

So what part of this are you idiots not reading properly, perhaps someone who can actually understand English can draw you a picture to better explain it to you?

Paul is not wasting money on pointless campaigning, he is still gaining support to influence the party. I can understand this, why is it so hard for so many idiots on ATS to comprehend this VERY CLEAR STATEMENT OF FACT?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Im not even trying to figure out IF RP has called it quits or if he is still trying to win.
Seems like a mixed message.
The one thing I have noticed is how anti-paul people are seemingly celebrating this.
And if your one of them,then this is for you.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It is issues like this, and the reactions from fellow members, that have pushed me away from ATS lately.

Some of you have a real reading comprehension problem! Can you not read? Or are many of you trying to twist and manipulate the context to make RP's decision validate your own political desires?

I, for one, had no problem understanding what RP is doing and it is a very smart/strategic action to take. Why waste resources on gaining support when your support is already in place and ready to act?

C'mon people....for a bunch of "enlightened" individuals there are too many dim bulbs around here. But don't mind me. Continue the propaganda.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Paul is not wasting money on pointless campaigning,

Could you be so kind as to inform me as to why further campaigning is pointless?
Does he already have enough delegates to cinch the nomination?

Also, if you believe he won in OK and AZ, what EXACTLY is it that he won?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Why waste resources on gaining support when your support is already in place and ready to act?

Is that act as in win the nomination? Influence the convention? If neither please elaborate.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Somehow I think you will be eating crow, when he springs what he has planned on people like you! Have a great day!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Funny how that is breaking news and everyone knows about it. I believe news will be talking about this tonight. I hope it's a head fake

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Somehow I think you will be eating crow, when he springs what he has planned on people like you! Have a great day!

I would like nothing more.

Honestly...if Paul can pull it off (which I honestly think he doesn't have a chance) it would be the best news for Obama and his supporters in this election.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
After carefully reading various documents on the internet, I agree as well.
Ron Paul could have the majority of the country backing him, and still not have 1/100 of the money candidates like Romney has, because the majority of the wealth is held at the top.

The very top elite of this country and those that support them are fascists that hate freedom, responsibility and the rule of law. They don't care how they win as long as it continues the status quo which consist of Big Government, Big Military, and a Big Police State to keep control over the masses. They are quiet a ruthless bunch that will get their just deserts if not here but in the afterlife.

There is a special place in Hell for people that profit off of others misery via Wars, Violence, Deception and Greed.

Originally posted by squidboy
Just another spin media story, to detract from the real issues at hand...

Ron Paul is not ending anything, except for spending money in campaigning in Primaries... He's still on the ballets, he's still going to win delegates, and no matter what the media or Paul detractors do or say, it's NOT going to stop it. They can spin an announcement a billion ways, but it's not working, hasn't worked in the past, and will not work today.

edit on 14-5-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I'm not asserting he won anything...I was asking you a question.

You said there were "other posters" stating he lost Arizona and Oklahoma, but I couldn't find any
reference. And I was asking if maybe you made a mistake...

It's okay, we all make mistakes?

After you answer my question, if you still want proof of the crowds and the count and Ron Paul winning
Arizona and Oklahoma from youtube videos...I can provide it... but there are SO MANY....how many should
I post?

Well, I haven't seen the "OMG look at how many people are here" threads from Arizona and OK. Does lack of posts help prove my point? Also someone else said it before me, but like me he is a known to be against Ron Paul, so you probably won't listen to anything he has to say even if he went to the Ron Paul event...

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
HAHAHAHAHA the scam that he was trying to win the POTUS is over. I bet he hung it up after that shameful display by his supporters in OK and AZ.

edit on 14-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have never figured out why a man with over 20 years in office that has never managed to do anything other than talk has any supporters at all. Typical career politico who talks a good game but, has never done anything to back it up. Ron Paul has alway been about one thing, Ron Paul. Thats all this election has been about for him and thats all his delegate stealing has been about. Anyone can talk a good game if they never have to back it up.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Why should he continue actively campaigning in a system rife with voter fraud?

If thats your view, then, why did he start in the first place? He has been a politician for 40 years, he is not a new kid that doesn't understand how the system works, so...ask yourself, why did he even start campaigning?

This is the America we have become. The question is, do we have the determination to do something about it?

Such as?

Vote how you want. If your view is popular enough, your candidate will gain the electorial..and with that, the office. Pretty simple design really.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
From a financial point of view Ron Paul's decision to stop active campaigning in favour of seeking delegate support in a more informal way, might be a brilliant strategic move, but in public relations terms, it sends a very bad message to the public.

It raises the question in my mind, "Does he have the physical stamina for the job?"

Is this just about money, or are there other issues? Is there a whiff of Ross Perot's presidential campaign about this decision? Is the going getting tough in unsavory ways, as it did with Perot?

This might be a graceful way to wind things down and yet continue to build the group within the Republican Party which is receptive to Dr. Paul's message.

I would like to think that this is only the pause that refreshes in Ron Paul's campaign, but my gut is telling me that it is all over.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by seeker1963

I would like nothing more.

Honestly...if Paul can pull it off (which I honestly think he doesn't have a chance) it would be the best news for Obama and his supporters in this election.

I don't think so mate.
Ron Paul's fiscal outlook is ultra conservative,
However, his social views are exceptionally liberal...that set attracts many people in the middle overall and certainly the younger votes.

I am of the opinion that Ron Paul could very well give Obama a run for the money (until they hit on things like medicare and the like, that is where RPs views fall flat)...but, with a bit of tailoring, he would be a machine for the middle

Still, he has no choice...funny really, if he ran as a democrat, and focused on the social issues, he would probably hands down win that nomination. He is a hell of a lot more left in that dept than Obama anyhow.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
It shows he wasn't serious in the first place. Just like last time, Paul bails on all his supporters. He could just as well have kept campaigning for delegates in states where they have not yet been chosen. If we were to believe the Paul supporters, "this election is much closer than you can possibly imagine."

Well??????

What happened to all those "unbound" stealth delegates?

What happened to "Ron Paul math"?

What happened to all the Paul Bots calling the rest of us idiots and delusional for pointing out the obvious?

Here ya go, Paul Guys. After all your hard work your Great Leader has abandoned you.

I'm right here.....and I would like to submit into evidence, your post as exhibit A, for why we need more people with liberal arts degrees. It teaches critical thinking and greatly improves reading comprehension.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Anyhow, the message is quite clear:

Hey folks, I am broke, so...not gonna show up anywhere anymore, or make commercials, banners, picket signs, but I am not removing my name either, cause screw romney, let him work for the delegates verses just ditch the campaigning...bwahahaha.

Thats what I read (summarized). Is he out? no...but it isn't in either..he is just now happy to be a fly in the soup of Romney...just to annoy him.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I have never figured out why a man with over 20 years in office that has never managed to do anything other than talk has any supporters at all. Typical career politico who talks a good game but, has never done anything to back it up. Ron Paul has alway been about one thing, Ron Paul. Thats all this election has been about for him and thats all his delegate stealing has been about. Anyone can talk a good game if they never have to back it up.

Never done anything?

You mean like...

....Putting himself thru college and becoming a doctor?

Or joining the military during the Vietnam war (while he was married with two children) and serving
his country by saving the lives of American soldiers (while Romney sat his rich cowardly ass at home)

Or playing professional baseball for the Houston Astros.

Or in his MANY years of service to the American people as a US congressman...
never voting to raise taxes....EVER
never voting for bills that he believed went against the US Constitution...EVER
never compromising his principles by taking campaign donations from corporations

Or maybe "by not doing anything" you mean...
not accepting Medicare while he was a physician, but instead tending to his patients for free
not accepting the congressional pension when he retires from congress (a first in history)

Or maybe you mean he hasn't been a part of driving this country to the brink of ruin by voting
for bailouts and government hand-outs to save private bankers and rich corporations so their
CEO's wouldn't have to forego their million dollar bonuses...

Or maybe you are referring to the many bills he has authored to audit the Fed and cut federal
spending that his fellow congressmen were afraid to vote for out of fear of the establishment...

Which one of these are you referring too?

edit on 14-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join