It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
guys chill the hell out with all this depression of Ron Paul dropping out. He clearly stated that he simply didn't have the resources to continue campaigning. if you're a true supporter you'll do the job for him. let's push him through the last step. if you're state is still electing delegates, get your happy butt involved and go to the NC and vote RP. don't feel beaten let this motivate you to beat the system. geez people give up so easily these days.

Maybe this will give Romulus and his brainwashed and paid off minions a false sense of security. They fall to sleep just when the real battle for delegates begins. Ha. great strategy, Dr. Paul.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Ending active campaigning is not the same as suspending your campaign. This to me really seems like more of a cost cutting measure than anything else. Romney could probably learn something, how many millions has he been spending thus far?

If anything Romney's up to his eyeballs in #. He's wrecked his campaign so fast with his radical spending he's about to end up like Gingrich!

Ron Paul's playing it smart by making this campaign spending cut. Just you wait, nay-sayers, I want to see the looks on your faces when he comes out on top.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hab22

Originally posted by stuncrazy
guys chill the hell out with all this depression of Ron Paul dropping out. He clearly stated that he simply didn't have the resources to continue campaigning. if you're a true supporter you'll do the job for him. let's push him through the last step. if you're state is still electing delegates, get your happy butt involved and go to the NC and vote RP. don't feel beaten let this motivate you to beat the system. geez people give up so easily these days.

Maybe this will give Romulus and his brainwashed and paid off minions a false sense of security. They fall to sleep just when the real battle for delegates begins. Ha. great strategy, Dr. Paul.

Say it! Lets get the word out to the naysayers and cheer em up a bit.

Lol, RP2012

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My thoughts are this:

1. It's always been about the message....always. If you're disheartened because of the man stopping campaigning, then you're looking at this all wrong.

2. This has always been a grass roots movement....always. Maybe Paul wants to see how many are truly willing to take the next step.

3. He didn't "suspend" his campaign. He simply said that they are not spending any more campaign cash in states whose primaries are yet to come.

4. ALL delegates to the RNC are unbounded. If you doubt this, find the "Reality Check" video that explains it.

5. The Paul campaign is picking up delegates. They will have a voice at the convention.

6. If I have to write his name in with a sharpie come election time, I will. This man has my vote. Nobody else deserves it.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

looks like he's giving up......this is a sad day, to be sure....I've been hoping for a miracle....and "end game"....third party....something where we could actually vote for him for POTUS...now we are doomed to those two fools they are offering up to us....so, no changes for We the People...just more money for those same cronies...and another couple games of "musical chairs"....might be time to move to Belize

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul didn't concede. Just a tactical move.

This all leads up to Tampa which is like Yorktown during the first revolution. Washington and Lafayette cleverly outmanuevered Cornwallis.

So when the delegates for RP amass at the convention, the big bad Romney will lay down his arms and surrender.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

As others have pointed out there was lack of RP support in AZ and OK. How do you explain that?

What others saying what?

There is a thread that says RP just won Arizona and Oklahoma. Were the "others" wrong
or is the thread wrong....I'm not finding any reference that what you say is true...just lots and lots
of YouTube videos showing RP won those states from people who were there...

Are those "the others" you were referring too, or did you just get your names wrong like the
CNN guy in the other thread who read the name Ron Paul as Mitt Romney by accident?

edit on 14-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
dutch news reporting he dropped out due to lack of money

www.nu.nl...

Romney neemt het op tegen Obama
Laatste update: 14 mei 2012 21:56 info Bekijk op de kaart
WASHINGTON - De Republikeinse presidentskandidaat Mitt Romney neemt het op tegen de Democratische president Barack Obama bij de presidentsverkiezingen op 6 november in de VS.
Foto: AFP

Maandag liet Romney's laatste rivaal Ron Paul weten wegens geldgebrek zijn campagne te staken.

Ron Paul (76) staat bekend als een zeer liberale kandidaat. Hij stond al erg ver achter in de strijd met Romney. Eerder stopten zijn voornaamste tegenkanidaten Rick Santorum en Newt Gingrich.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You are a true Spin Doctor. From reading most of the previous posts it worked. People honestly believe he will get 0 delegates from Cali, and Texas. Those people are still groggy from being asleep for so long. You can't fool us who are insomniacs to the vast majority of asleep sheep.

Resistance is not Futile, but troll's efforts are.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Guardian

This is your day so have fun with it. I may spoil it a little bit by telling you it is still not over nor probably will ever be, though that would not be my intention. If it actually were to stop right now Ron Paul supporters will already have gained much more than they likely expected to on the outset. We know that liberty is the political wave of the future and our people have learned how to become involved in the system and will be our future political leaders some day soon.

Dr. Paul is taking it easy for awhile but the campaign is still on and we are still acquiring delegates. You may all be in for some surprises at the convention, I hope so. But for now, enjoy your day because the MSM says it's over. You've worked hard for this. I hope it is all you dreamed it to be.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fr3bzY

The Dutch news must be owned by the same people who own the mainstream news here in the US.

They lied to you, sorry.

Ron Paul did not drop out as your news link states.

But he will no longer be actively campaigning. But that's okay. His grass-roots support is
VERY strong and he will continue to pick up delegates. Actively campaigning will not effect
his acquisition of delegates....he will win many more states from the grass-roots level.

He will begin actively campaigning against Obama when he wins the republican nomination.

Don't be worried....the real fight has only just begun

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Thanks, you're very sharp. I didn't expect anyone would catch it that quickly. I believe at least five of them are on this thread at the moment.

My intent is still as always, I will vote for Ron Paul as I did in 1988. This time his name may or may not appear on the ballot but that makes no difference. Gary Johnson may be a good second choice but in his case I do not feel he has any chance of winning, though he may be a good selection in 2016, and this one is for the good doctor. Thank you Ron Paul. You have restored my faith in the political system and what it can be, and by your encouragement we expect to see a new breed of politician emerge soon in coming years.

We're still behind you 110 percent, RP.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
reply to post by jjf3rd77

There is a thread that says RP just won Arizona and Oklahoma. Were the "others" wrong
or is the thread wrong....I'm not finding any reference that what you say is true...just lots and lots
of YouTube videos showing RP won those states from people who were there...

Are those "the others" you were referring too, or did you just get your names wrong like the
CNN guy in the other thread who read the name Ron Paul as Mitt Romney by accident?

There has been no proof that Ron Paul has won, Arizona. No one has officially stated this. Why would he stop raising money, if he officially won Arizona? After he won the last state (what was it?) then he started a new moneybomb (or whatever he calls it) The only mention of this "win" I am seeing is on here and the DailyPaul as well as other obscure blogs with links to the DailyPaul. If you can find me credible sources, explaining to me how he won using real rules and real math. I may be able to believe you. Just saying Global Warming is caused by man's pollution, doesn't make it true!

You guys find the littlest tiny detail. Blow it up out of proportion and link it somehow to winning. That was even how that one guy on here tried to make it seem like Ron Paul was ahead of Romney in "real delegate counts" Because he started off basing his logic on assumptions and projections! So tell me, where are the crowds of Ron Paul supporters in OK and AZ? Show me the YouTube videos! Show me proof.

This quote perfectly explains Ron Paul supporters:

Originally posted by schuyler
Ron Paul supporters remind me of Charlie Sheen. Here Paul has thrown them all under the bus and they are still proclaiming, "We're winning!"

It's spin. Here's the litany: "Even though Paul has dropped out of the race, we're still winning because we've evoked a spirit of liberty. Everyone is for liberty and stuff like that, so even though we lost, we actually won."

Uh, huh. Whatevah, Charlie.

edit on 14-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

sounds like he's zoning in on the strategy that's been working for him. you know.......delegates......but i'm sure you already knew that. forget the beauty contests, it's on to what counts.

Ron Paul has 60 bound delegates...doesn't seem to be working so well to me.

But I'm sure you aren't using realistic counts...I'm sure you are using the counts where delegates are magically unbound or they abstain from voting.
something tells nothing i say will do any good. so i surrender. do carry on.

link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

By suspending campaigning instead of dropping out officially, he can still raise funds. Any excess funds, like he had last time (about one million I think) he keeps to spend as he wishes on his political activities. By suspending his campaigning, he stops bleeding money and can put together a bank account to use after the elections.

Follow the money.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The BBC never really cover RP, but all of a sudden decide to cover this story. They didn't paint a great picture of him either, this is some of what they wrote...

"The 76-year-old, a former obstetrician-gynaecologist, has a small base of staunch supporters and enjoys popularity among many younger voters.

In the 2012 election campaign, Mr Paul was consistently ranked in the middle of the pack, neither rising to challenge Mr Romney's front-runner status nor trailing at the bottom of opinion polls.

But he was viewed by the Republican establishment as a candidate outside party orthodoxy, and he did not manage to win a single primary election".

Also this: "Mr Paul has 104 delegates, behind Mitt Romney's 966, with 1,144 delegates needed to secure the nomination".

It shouldn't take tens of millions to win this campaign, it should be a no-brainer for the masses, but when all the MSN are part of the fraud it does not help RP's campaign.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

How did you get your tagline to "Outkast Guardian" to link to a youtube video of...

"The top fifteen stupidest people"???

nice trick....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
Thank god! Maybe we won't have a proud racist as president after all!

Yeah, now we just get politicians who could care less about the little guy, as long as they take care of their rich buddies. Oh Happy Day.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Your right he did not drop out, he suspended campaigning and won't be running any ads or campaigning in the remaining States. The news reports are accurate. They said he ended his campaigning which he did do. Sorry but you will have to take that up with Ron Paul himself.

Here is his statement -

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
reply to post by Fr3bzY

The Dutch news must be owned by the same people who own the mainstream news here in the US.

They lied to you, sorry.

Ron Paul did not drop out as your news link states.

But he will no longer be actively campaigning. But that's okay. His grass-roots support is
VERY strong and he will continue to pick up delegates. Actively campaigning will not effect
his acquisition of delegates....he will win many more states from the grass-roots level.

He will begin actively campaigning against Obama when he wins the republican nomination.

Don't be worried....the real fight has only just begun

i know the media is corrupted...also over here...
i just wanted to let you guys know whats happening (propaganda wise)
lack of money smells like bullsh|t...
its just evidence to me that it is already decided who is going to 'win' (as usual)
and now its even more easy then before with the electronic voting machines
which can be hacked in under a minute...they use those here to...we haven't had fair elections since...
muppet show...thats all it is...

oh well...
edit on 14-5-2012 by Fr3bzY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join