Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 5
26
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
+2 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


It's painfully clear you are against Paul. Why spend so much effort trash talking someone who has "already abandoned" us. If you REALLY believe that, I think it would be enough. However, you spending all this energy bashing him and his supporters really tells me you are scared he is still running.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've NEVER seen you post anything positive. Always trashing people for their ideas/thoughts. What a life.


EDIT: I misattributed the "abandoned" comment to you, for that, I am sorry. The rest of the post remains.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


It's painfully clear you are against Paul. Why spend so much effort trash talking someone who has "already abandoned" us. If you REALLY believe that, I think it would be enough. However, you spending all this energy bashing him and his supporters really tells me you are scared he is still running.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've NEVER seen you post anything positive. Always trashing people for their ideas/thoughts. What a life.


Please show me where I have bashed someone's ideas or beliefs.

Unless you are talking about their "idea" that Paul is secretly winning...then yes...I will counter that because that is just 100% delusional thinking.

But this is a DISCUSSION board...is it not??? This is the politics section...right???? Well, I enjoy discussing politics.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
It shows he wasn't serious in the first place. Just like last time, Paul bails on all his supporters. He could just as well have kept campaigning for delegates in states where they have not yet been chosen. If we were to believe the Paul supporters, "this election is much closer than you can possibly imagine."

Well??????

What happened to all those "unbound" stealth delegates?

What happened to "Ron Paul math"?

What happened to all the Paul Bots calling the rest of us idiots and delusional for pointing out the obvious?

Here ya go, Paul Guys. After all your hard work your Great Leader has abandoned you.


You are just really miserable inside, aren't you.

It's okay, someone out there has sympathy.
edit on 14-5-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)


+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Seeing a lot of "seems to me like..." and statements of that nature.

"Seems to me" like the shills and political trolls are coming out in force to try and tear down Ron Paul.

Oh? You're not a shill or a troll? I didn't say you were. I said it "seems to me" like you are.

Just like Ron Paul hasn't said he has given up. It only "seems" that way to you because you don't support him.

His original plan is still in effect. We all knew he wasn't going to win the popularity contest because the MSM and the current establishment don't want him to, and that's why he's focused on delegates, which is not going to stop.

Cheers



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Zakaris
I think the media doesn't even know what he's doing.


Oh goodness. It's another part of one big plan for Ron Paul to win the nomination.



Delegates has been the strategy for a long time (if not from the start).


How many delegates do you think Ron Paul really has?


Not one big plan but realistically the only plan that has a sliver of a chance to work. Probably won't but I'm hoping it does.

The number of delegates that anyone has won't be known until August. Even the whole bound and abstain questions are still not answered.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Zakaris because: Fixed spelling error



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zakaris
 



Even the whole bound and abstain questions are still not answered.


Oh, they are answered to anyone who looks at the questions honestly.

Bound delegates are required to vote for the candidate on the first round...abstaining is not voting...so they will all be counted for the candidate they are bound to.


+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


OKS you and your troll following are pathetic, your posts on Ron Paul are just like the MSM, they hold no facts or truth , just lies , assumptions and opinions.
Stop trying to influence votes and support.
Because real Ron Paul supporters will not be swayed.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I support Ron Paul but it embarrasses me that so many of his other supporters are just out of touch with reality.

Some of you act as if it's a failure if he becomes anything short of president, but it isn't. In my mind Ron Paul has always known he would not be president, and this campaign was to spread awareness and pave the way for more honest candidates like him in the future. That is not a loss.

Ron Paul will never be our president, that doesn't mean he isn't setting the stage for big changes.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

There will be no 2016 run.



No doubt. Your type would have destroyed the planet completely, by then. I hope you enjoy the fallout and brimstone. Good luck.


We will be back on track and stronger than ever.

We called off the doomsday scenario.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


OKS you and your troll following are pathetic, your posts on Ron Paul are just like the MSM, they hold no facts or truth , just lies , assumptions and opinions.
Stop trying to influence votes and support.
Because real Ron Paul supporters will not be swayed.


I have no intentions of swaying anyone...I fully expect and hope Ron Paul supporters continue to support Ron Paul no matter what happens.

I am trying to bring some of them back to reality though...back from the fantasy world they have created where Ron Paul is overwhelmingly popular and is currently winning the nomination.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Did you not hear about the Wisconson Democrats ?
Check rule 30 in republican national convention rules and buy a new edition of Roberts Rules.
edit on 14-5-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
"Seems to me" like the shills and political trolls are coming out in force to try and tear down Ron Paul.

Oh? You're not a shill or a troll? I didn't say you were. I said it "seems to me" like you are.


I could not have said it better.
But obvious shill is obvious.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I support Ron Paul but it embarrasses me that so many of his other supporters are just out of touch with reality.

Some of you act as if it's a failure if he becomes anything short of president, but it isn't. In my mind Ron Paul has always known he would not be president, and this campaign was to spread awareness and pave the way for more honest candidates like him in the future. That is not a loss.

Ron Paul will never be our president, that doesn't mean he isn't setting the stage for big changes.


There you go. The voice of reason. What took you so long?

It was a great ride but it's over.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

We will be back on track and stronger than ever.

We called off the doomsday scenario.


Cool story, bro.
Shouldn't you be cashing the check they gave you? That fiat money is really fun to spend.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I support Ron Paul but it embarrasses me that so many of his other supporters are just out of touch with reality.

Some of you act as if it's a failure if he becomes anything short of president, but it isn't. In my mind Ron Paul has always known he would not be president, and this campaign was to spread awareness and pave the way for more honest candidates like him in the future. That is not a loss.

Ron Paul will never be our president, that doesn't mean he isn't setting the stage for big changes.


I bet a voter such as yourself is in the majority in the Paul camp but cannot be allowed to express these views as mainstream for his Base because of the thug minority of his followers that has ruined Paul's campaign. That is probably the best lesson for all those to look back on, don't let the radicals in the minority dictate the overall message.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

We will be back on track and stronger than ever.

We called off the doomsday scenario.


Cool story, bro.
Shouldn't you be cashing the check they gave you? That fiat money is really fun to spend.


Stop drinking the Ron Paul cool-aid.

The party is over.

It's time to move on. The USA still has a very bright future.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Ron Paul is following the same path that Herman Cain took a few weeks ago.

It's mainly a legal statement so Ron Paul can continue to collect money and pay bills.

It's over.


I think you're missing the part where he clearly states that his campaign will continue operations in convention states.



“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.


They are still working to obtain delegates, they just simply aren't going to fork out the money for ads/etc in the primary states; they'll take what they get from California and Texas, and continue to bulldoze conventions in the states that still have yet to select delegates.



---------
BTW, he is too old. There will be no Ron Paul in 2016.


We'll see about that. There were people who said that Paul wouldn't even get this far in the nomination, weren't there?



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Zakaris
 



Even the whole bound and abstain questions are still not answered.


Oh, they are answered to anyone who looks at the questions honestly.

Bound delegates are required to vote for the candidate on the first round...abstaining is not voting...so they will all be counted for the candidate they are bound to.


That's still a question that isn't answered if this is correct from a 2008 issue about bound delegates in Reson Magazine "Jennifer Sheehan, Legal Counsel for the RNC, plainly stated in a letter to Nancy Lord, Utah National Committeewoman, several weeks before the convention, 'The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose.'”

So I'm guessing it won't be answered until Tampa. Should be an interesting time.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is this surprising?

He was done 5 months ago...



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Truely sad how many of you will roll over and accept defeat even before the convention.
Being submissive to TPTB, is easier than continueing the fight for some, but not all.
Sorry, but Ron Paul or bust for me!





top topics
 
26
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join