It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul has not quit the race....

He has quit actively campaigning because he doesn't need to continue actively campaigning

He has the grassroots support he needs to lock up delegates. His supporters are very
passionate, very organized, and they are stopping Romney's attempts to defraud the American
people of a fair election by showing up and being counted, and demanding fair, honest, open,
delegations, where the rules in place are followed. Regardless of how hard Romney's camp
and the Republican establishment are trying cheat to win.

The delegate counting isn't over. The counting in Florida hasn't even begun, and with Ron Paul
gaining delegate momentum it is looking like Romney may be the one to concede defeat...

This is not over AT ALL....Think of it as a calculated seventh inning stretch
edit on 14-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
I'm right here.....and I would like to submit into evidence, your post as exhibit A, for why we need more people with liberal arts degrees. It teaches critical thinking and greatly improves reading comprehension.

As soon as I install myself as Commandante Zero + 1, I will see that this is taken care of.

As far as I am concerned, post Fukushima, post bacterial warfare, post Patriot Act, etc., a liberal arts degree will henceforth be an absolute pre-requisite for all fields of higher education.

No more engineering and science phillistines. We are barely surviving the ones we already have.

I forgot. Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul.
I don't want to derail the thread.
edit on 14-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Meanwhile romeney is bragging about his 8 million a day cam-pain contributions...

This title needs to be put in the hoax bin...

LIKE CNN EVER SPOKE THE TRUTH ABOUT DR RON PAUL>>>...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
OHHH, It was CNN that came out with this? Oh it must be true!!! They are TV!!!

HOAX

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So basically Ron Paul has ended active campaigning..ok so if Romney wins Texas and Cali, then he has the 1144 and its over right? But if those delagates are unbound which I have heard rumor that they may be then how do we really know what the numbers are and how the delagates will vote at the convention?
Ok so my prediction is that Romney will destroy everyone else at the primaries, since he will by touted by the MSM as the only candidate left, much like it has already been and he will have the purposed number of delagates needed to clinch the nom....BUT if the delagates are unbound and the Ron Paul campaign continues to put its' own people in as delagates then the convention will be chaos, contrary to what the MSM will be telling us from here on.
So does that mean that we are effectively giving Obama the presidency because the GOP can't get its' sh*t together? And if Obama does win is the GOP and the MSM going to blame Ron Paul because he wouldn't unify with Romney?
Oh yeah and there is the AmericansElect.org ballot, is that still supposed to be in every state?
This is getting so ridiculous, I think im just going to move to Panama

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I encourage all Ron Paul supporters to push like never before now.

Delegate level, volunteering, convention level, primary registration, etc.

We're up against big money with Obumber and Mittens.

Donate what you can and give your time when you can.

No mercy, no heads down, no defeat.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow there are some real pathetic posts in this thread. How old are you guys? It seems all people want to do now is bash Ron Paul's supporters. First of all, no where in that article does it state that Ron Paul is dropping out, he has just stopped campaigning. Which is smart in his current position. I would bet Ron Paul even takes both states of California and Texas because each one of his supporters pretty much does his campaign for him. Every one I have met was very active in getting the word out. But let's all just wait and see and try to keep it civilized. For all we know there is a conspiracy going on here with all the news lately about secret lunch meetings and GOP resignations.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know that Real Clear Politics has been questioned before on the subject of the delegate count by Fox's information spot, Reality Check, but here are the polling averages put up currently on the RCP website, on the subject of the race for the Republican nomination.

When one looks at numbers like this it is really hard to take Ron Paul's campaign seriously. His national numbers are good though, versus Obama (not shown here). Confusing situation.

These are the numbers, "in the Republican family".

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Basically, what these numbers mean is that in an average of the results of quite a large number of polls, going back to January of last year, up to the present, Ron Paul is averaging 15% support among Republicans in the street as a choice for the Republican presidential nomination. He never gets much above 18% of "republican man in the street" support.

He is a man at odds with his party's grassroots.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It just might be a cunning tactic. Ron Paul will be all over the news now and will be on everyones lips and minds and it will be a huge jump in media exposure for him even though its for the wrong reasons, but like they say, there no such thing as bad publicity.(unless its an obituary)

P.S: Im not american so this election doesn`t affect me so im not clutching at straws, im just making an observation.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Looks like Ben Bernanke put a little more butter on Ron Paul's bread at their lunch meeting the other day.

How quick was that? Bought and sold like a cheap suit.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Media spin on a poorly written email, immediately Jack Hunter (AKA"The Southern Avenger") who is an offical spokesman for the campaign put out this video to correct the perception and media spin.

So I am afraid ATS will continue to have to deal with Ron Paul run for the GOP nomination, this is not over.
This write up and video is on the front page of Ron Paul official 2012 election website.

It ends with see you in Tampa.

Now witness the power of the fully operational Ron Paul delegate strategy, which will be his intense focus, because it is working.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Woops, poster above beat me. Oh well, can never have too much truth!
I also included Doug Wead.

Here, take it from Jack hunter and Doug Wead. Now, to all the trolls talking about how Paul is "dropping out", put a sock in it!

And Doug Wead, Ron Paul's senior campaign advisor:

Doug Wead Senior advisor to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign joins Daily Paul Radio with Kurt Wallace for ‘Doug Wead ‘We are not out, We are Up!’ The fight has just begun!’

dailypaulradio.com...
edit on 14-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
Looks like Ben Bernanke put a little more butter on Ron Paul's bread at their lunch meeting the other day.

How quick was that? Bought and sold like a cheap suit.

You Sir, need to calm the hell down and snap out of it. Nothing of the sort happened.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just more deceit from the MSM.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Is that act as in win the nomination? Influence the convention? If neither please elaborate.

I think that winning the nomination and influencing the convention is the goal of each and every candidate. That's the name of the game!

As long as RP plays the game according to the rules set by the party itself, I see no reason to criticize an attempt to "buck the system" from within.

Whether we agree or disagree with his politics, people on ATS should applaud his actions. He is showing us how it's done....but will we pay attention?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul demise has been greatly exaggerated today, come on ATS you should know you can't trust the MSM.

Have you learned nothing with your ATS membership?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think someone else in the thread already mentioned Ron Paul's attraction to a segment of the Democratic grassroots. I wonder if that is the real explanation of his good poll numbers head to head with Obama.

Given a choice of Obama or Paul, a lot of Democrats would vote for Paul and a lot of Republicans would just abstain.

Paul is putting on a great show. It is very entertaining. I would love him to win it all. Even if he doesn't, he and his supporters are doing trenchwork that must precede a Paulite victory, at some point in the future.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
It just might be a cunning tactic. Ron Paul will be all over the news now and will be on everyones lips and minds and it will be a huge jump in media exposure for him even though its for the wrong reasons, but like they say, there no such thing as bad publicity.(unless its an obituary)

P.S: Im not american so this election doesn`t affect me so im not clutching at straws, im just making an observation.

You might be onto something here. And whether this was actually planned as a publicity stunt
or not, it will be effective in that regard.

The MSM will (and already has) jumped on Ron Paul's report that he will end active campaiging
and slanted the story to make people believe he has quit the race. It is already ALL OVER the news.
Check the MSM they are RUNNING with this rope firmly tied around their neck. Ron Paul this, Ron Paul
that....if it wasn't planned it should have been.

I love it when the MSM tries the dirty tricks...and it backfires.

Yep Ron Paul is crazy...............crazy like a fox

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I though he was ending the primary spending

he also say that he will continu the delegates fight

RON PAUL IS STILL IN THE RACE

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thanks, Ron Paul.

You helped bring an air of sophistication to an otherwise hilariously idiotic GOP field. I didn't agree with your politics, nor do I really care for you as a person, but you kept it real, even when it was clear that you didn't have a shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join