It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Left-Handed People Equal To Right-Handed People? Apparently Not!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I wonder if it means anything that so many people on this site are lefthanded or ambidextrous compared to the general population? Ambi for me.

As for the life expectancy, maybe quality is more important than quantity?

very interesting topic.

It's so cool being Ambi, is it not. Have you tried writing with both hands at the same time yet ? It's fun and freaks some people out. And you get to see both of your personalities as each handwriting is different.

yup, and if I get tired of writing with one hand, I just switch over to the other

Very good at writing upside down too!
edit on 14-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

I also like to write backwards as well with either hand., Upside down too, that's always fun to do.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

They are not equal at all
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You saying that you are superior to me?

no i dont think he is... but I think the study is lol.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hmmmm, well this study explains a lot. Although, maybe we all have a plan to act crazy, and then to take over the world.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Interesting. I have a family member who is left handed and this person has exhibited strange mental tendencies in the past such as thinking their spouse is after them to harm them with even though that was not the case.

This requires more studies and I will be looking into the diagnosis, symptoms and seeing where correlations lie with PTSD and left-handedness.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Being left-handed is similar to being a woman or a minority - you feel like the world's not made for you. In fact, not only is it not made for you, it's set up backwards to make things actively difficult for you! No wonder moodiness, suicide, whatever, were supposedly linked with being left-handed. We're strangers in a strange land.
And you righties should be happy we're here, because we're your counterbalance. If it weren't for us, you would've all destroyed yourself by now. We only need to be about 10% of the population because we're so damn powerful. :-D Try making decent art without any lefties, or even running a country. Can't be done!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
Interesting. I have a family member who is left handed and this person has exhibited strange mental tendencies in the past such as thinking their spouse is after them to harm them with even though that was not the case.

This requires more studies and I will be looking into the diagnosis, symptoms and seeing where correlations lie with PTSD and left-handedness.

I have a couple of family members with mental issues, alcoholism, illnesses, and a friend, righty, clearly suffering from PTSD after Iraq. So basically doesn't matter the hand in most of the stuff brought up, although I still think lefties literally think differently.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
These "studies" are just divide and conquer techniques. Everything isn't a conspiracy, but just about everything is. Little things pave the way. Eighty small steps turn into a 50 ft leap. It goes right under your nose, but you can't smell it.

NWO in small steps, SOPA in small steps, divide and conquer in small steps, and micro-chipping in small steps. Thats all it takes. You can't disagree with something you don't know about.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Fear us

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
So, what's your point? Should we hate left-handers? Should we force all left-handers to use their right hands? Should we treat left-handers as second-class citizens? Should we not give left-handers the same rights as right-handers? Or.... should we realize that left-handers didn't choose their lot in life, and that we should have compassion for left-handers, treat them as human beings with the same rights as everyone else, regardless of the fact that they are in the minority?

i am left handed and when i was in school one of my teachers; she was an ex-catholic school teacher woild try and break me of my left handedness saying it was evil and a sign of the devil. great stuff to tell a 2nd grader

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by neo96

Lol, what do you wanna bet that the majority of lefty's can perform better with right handed tasks than righty's can with left handed tasks.

I always pick my nose with my left hand.
Plus i can pick things up with my feet

Oh and always give the middle finger with my left,and the V sign

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by deepankarm
From my personal exp,
Lefties are either brilliant or seriously dumb.
But they all are oversensitive and use extreme and irrevelant logics....

Or you are just not intelligent enough to understand the deeper concepts.

Do you you think you could have understood the masters while they were forming original works and ideas?

What you call oversensitive and extreme and irrelevant logic may just be the needed processes for greatness.

You may be correct in my humble opinion.
But here is an example -
The OP posts differences pointed out in some study between the two groups.
There is no intention on his part to demean left handed people, he just points out the inequalities on certain aspects.
But many posters are so childish to compare it with gays and others.
If this is not oversensitivity and applying extreme logics, i don't know what it is.
But you are right, as a past MIT student, i may not be an ingelligent person!!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

From my personal exp,
Lefties are either brilliant or seriously dumb.
But they all are oversensitive and use extreme and irrevelant logics....

Or you are just not intelligent enough to understand the deeper concepts.

Do you you think you could have understood the masters while they were forming original works and ideas?

What you call oversensitive and extreme and irrelevant logic may just be the needed processes for greatness.

But you are right, as a past MIT student, i may not be an ingelligent person!!!

Or you just might be right handed, and do not understand a different frame of thinking, no offense. Also, you are pointing out some of the sensitive lefties here in this thread, but you are being a little sensitive also, and regarding the sensitive lefties, we are a minority and have long been demeaned, so just as any minority is sensitive to their position, so are we, I suppose. I don't think anyone said we were above it all, other than jokingly! I can appreciate you as a right handed MIT student, that is not something I could accomplish (unless there was a theatre/arts studies at MIT!)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
lefties are the next step of evolution! im definitely smarter then any right hander i know
. im ambidextrous too so im way ahead of the curve. after reading some of these post im starting to think these fema camps are to re-educate lefties in to a righty world

i don't want no pardon for what i was and am i, i won't be reconstructed and i do not give a damn! lefties rule, and the only reason we die sooner is to get away from annoying right handers, you guys think every thing has to be made to suit you huh,
My wife gets jealous cuz i can work the mouse and take notes at same time! just one advantage to being a leftie.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Please be very careful with drawing conclusions about individuals based on group studies.

I don't think it is the left-handedness that matters, but rather underlying brain/genetic structures, that among many other things, can manifest in handedness. On the other hand (pun intended), handedness is something that is taken take into account when performing neurological tests. Handedness can be related to how you perform on visuo-constructional tasks, for example when you build a pattern with blocks. How the stimulus material is presented also depend on which hand the "test subject" use. That is because left and right handed people can have different preferred visual fields or "hemispaces"

However these differences are not to say that one side is better than the other. They complement each other. Each one of us also have cognitive strengths and weaknesses, it is what you do with your strengths that matters.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm still a bit taken back by people who seriously think that there are so many tools which are designed specifically for right handers. There are a few obvious ones I can think of off the top of my head, but pretty much everything can be adapted to without much effort. There is probably less than one day every other year where I encounter a situation in which I wonder to myself, "If only I was right handed this would be so much easier".

Either I'm blind to how handicaped I am, or many in this thread are more aware and choosing to focus on how bad they have it...I mean....driving? Not an issue...typing/mouse? not an issue...holding silverware?? Most things can easily be done with either hand. I drive and switch hands effortlessly depending on what the other hand needs to be doing. I just don't get what is so "right handed" about the world, physically.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Being left-handed myself, this proposal is quite worrying. However, when I noticed it said left-handers are 2.3 times more likely to be hospitalised at some point, I thought to myself: 'that must include accidents as well as diseases'. And you can't say that left-handers are more likely to fall down stairs or have a car accident (I think). Sometimes statistics are just statistics and the pattern/number doesn't mean anything Therefore, I hope I shouldn't have too much to worry about!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

lefties are abominations. i should know, i married one. they are all evil.

mwahahahahaha

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am left handed, like 50% of our U.S. presidents in the last 80 years.. and 50% of The Beatles (The two that are still alive.. just sayin').

The only thing I don't do left handed is use a mouse, which I was trained to do with my right. Being an artist it has helped my transition to CG art since I have the ability to sketch with my left hand while I mouse with my right.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I'm still a bit taken back by people who seriously think that there are so many tools which are designed specifically for right handers. There are a few obvious ones I can think of off the top of my head, but pretty much everything can be adapted to without much effort. There is probably less than one day every other year where I encounter a situation in which I wonder to myself, "If only I was right handed this would be so much easier".

Either I'm blind to how handicaped I am, or many in this thread are more aware and choosing to focus on how bad they have it...I mean....driving? Not an issue...typing/mouse? not an issue...holding silverware?? Most things can easily be done with either hand. I drive and switch hands effortlessly depending on what the other hand needs to be doing. I just don't get what is so "right handed" about the world, physically.

Dude, I am left handed and I am also taken aback about all the damn whining about it,.
It seems like the 20ish generation, is a generation that likes to wallow in self pity and if there isnt a good
reason to pity themselves, they invent one.
Its ridiculous, my life growing up,was no harder than my brothers or any other people that were right handed that hung around with me.

The current younger generation is one of the most narcissistic generations that I have ever known.

And the BS about a low immune system, its just that Bu**Sh*t
My daughter is lefty as well and neither of us are no more sick than anyone else.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What a load of rubbish!!

My family is full of lefties, approx a third of us, no history of mental problems, no more learning difficulties than any other family and so far (touch wood) no early deaths.
My father was a lefty, he missed his 100th birthday by a few months and never had a serious illness his entire life.

I know lots of other lefties too and if they did that study with us they would have gotten very different results, and I don't see how development in the womb can have anything to do with it, left handedness is usually hereditary and it certainly runs strongly in our family.

I'm both, mostly do things right handed but quite often do it lefty, will eat with the utensils which ever way they are set at the table, (they often got set wrong as we'd forget who was sitting where) and can write with either hand ( and backwards.. lol)
My daughter also colored in with both hands at the same time, really funny to watch.

So sorry doesn't work for me.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join