It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Left-Handed People Equal To Right-Handed People? Apparently Not!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Being a leftie means you may have had a glitch during the birth process

No, it means you write with your left hand, and are left-handed and left-footed in many other activities.

You are far more likely to be caught out and killed by a lethal tool designed for use by the right hand, than vice versa.

You're brain is simply wired slightly differently to a right-handed person, which means a different outlook and more prone to abstract thoughts, I think.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Even Jesus was left handed
reply to post by purplemer

Never mind being a mythical figure, who on Earth observed Jesus ever writing anything down?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The main difference between lefties and righties is that, due to the nerves crossing over, lefties are right-brain dominant (creativity, music, etc.) while righties are left-brain dominant(the left brain pretty much solely deals with the storing and retrieving of information.) I wouldn't take any mainstream study these days at face value if I were you. Life is so much more arduous if you are always waiting for the hammer to fall. Just take it as it comes.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Studies have shown that the number of left-handers who make it to old age is drastically lower than the number of their right-handed peers.

lefties were 2.7 times more likely to suffer from immune disorders and 2.3 times more likely to have been hospitalized at some point.

www.cracked.com...

Well Immune disorders is very specific, accidents is something else though as most of the tools we use are made for right-handed people.

Although left-handed people make up only 10 percent of the population as a whole, they compose a full 20 percent of schizophrenics. If you like those odds, you should know that left-handedness is also associated with dyslexia, ADD and some mood disorders.

Studies have shown that, if you're left-handed, you're twice as likely to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.

More surprising, left-handers actually tended to exhibit subtle symptoms of PTSD.

Now that's pretty serious
This is the first time that I actually have come to hope that I get a right-handed son/daughter when I have kids.

If lefties are more prone to mental problems as well as immune disorders it may very well be something gone wrong during the mother's 9months of pregnancy.

So I see alot of threads and people often use the analogy of left handed people and how they are equal to right handed people.... well apparently not!

They are not equal at all
Being a leftie means you may have had a glitch during the birth process
The end result is not at all equal to being right handed.

Thoughts ATS?

Makes me feel great to be a lefty!!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have a dream that one day little left-handed boys and left-handed girls will be able to join hands with little right-handed boys and right-handed girls as sisters and brothers.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
I have a dream that one day little left-handed boys and left-handed girls will be able to join hands with little right-handed boys and right-handed girls as sisters and brothers.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
You may be correct in my humble opinion.
But here is an example -
The OP posts differences pointed out in some study between the two groups.
There is no intention on his part to demean left handed people, he just points out the inequalities on certain aspects.
But many posters are so childish to compare it with gays and others.
If this is not oversensitivity and applying extreme logics, i don't know what it is.
But you are right, as a past MIT student, i may not be an ingelligent person!!!

That depends... did you graduate or leave before hand and for odd reasons?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a fundamentally sick society.

I write with my left hand. I play sports with my right dominant. Your paradigm is flawed.

Furthermore this seems like a blatant troll post. 2/10
edit on 15-5-2012 by SanguineDenial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Are people equal? Apparently not, studies show some people are very different from other people. Some people have a harder time waking up in the morning than others, some are more prone to mental illness than other people. Surprisingly some people are often better at acting, playing instruments, math and science than others. We more often than not see some people on TV, becoming presidents and some people have even landed on the moon. Yet some people seem to suffer with asthma, neurological illness and depression, more so than other people. some % of some people even become serial killers.

Some people only make up some part of the population making some people extreemly odd and unconventional to other people. I really can not say that I understand some people. Don't let me even get started on some things___smh

I sincerely hope my child will not be some people and do some things :/

Oh let me get you a list of some people who do some amazing things just to prove that it's ok to be some people and that they can do some things well.

really???? I mean really???

edit on 15/5/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

hmmmm... all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others??

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ummmm.... ya'll DO know that the OP was cited from Cracked.com right? It's not supposed to be THIS serious, use a little humor and enjoy it

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

Even Jesus was left handed
reply to post by purplemer

Never mind being a mythical figure, who on Earth observed Jesus ever writing anything down?

I did during my last time jump!! It was pretty cool! He wrote something about "Thou Shalt not pick thy nose in public" or something like that, but then he crumbled it up and threw it away and said "They just aren't ready for this".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

The main difference between lefties and righties is that, due to the nerves crossing over, lefties are right-brain dominant (creativity, music, etc.) while righties are left-brain dominant(the left brain pretty much solely deals with the storing and retrieving of information.) I wouldn't take any mainstream study these days at face value if I were you. Life is so much more arduous if you are always waiting for the hammer to fall. Just take it as it comes.

Those who are bilateral dominant can do both and are often ambidexterous

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Tends to work best when they're facing each other

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Last 5 presidents have been left handed, the health issue is interesting but dumb.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxzen2004
Last 5 presidents have been left handed, the health issue is interesting but dumb.

Dubya wasn't, he couldn't write with either hand

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Idk i was not there. But someone told mr that Jesus would heal people with left hand.....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm left handed. And sadly suffered all the above since I was a child.

Until I read your post I never attached any significance to it. One of my kids is left handed as well. I hope they don't suffer as a consequence.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What a load of crap dude. Do you seriously believe any of this b.s.?

No one is born left or right handed it is learned. I was ambidextrous until kindergarten and my dad had a fit when he saw me writing with my left hand like my mother and he wanted me to be right handed like him and they got into a big fight over it because he wanted me to be right handed.

Besides right handed people write backwards and thats just wierd.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Flanders:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm worried about the classification of left handed people now. There will probably be discrimination because of this, insurance companies will do anything to milk people for money.
edit on 5/15/12 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Can we get protected status and everything that comes with it? My 1450 SAT would have gotten me in to Harvard on scholarship! Then I wouldn't be some average valuation analyst, I'd be SO much more kickass and better connected.

Can't argue with stats, just gotta try and do better than the average person I guess.

Edit to add: Left power, Left entertainment television, F all you Righties keepin' a Lefty down.
edit on 15-5-2012 by vonholland because: Add fake leftist jokes

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join