It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Left-Handed People Equal To Right-Handed People? Apparently Not!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Hi a Few

Actually Wolfgang Amade[us] Mozart was RIGHT handed, as was Michel-Angelo Buonarroti. I'll have to check the rest of your list since it is definitely suspect.

The real question remains, of course: SHOULD LEFT HANDED PEOPLE BE ALLOWED TO MARRY LEFT HANDED PEOPLE?

Shouldn't there be a DEFENCE OF RIGHT HANDED MARRIAGE ACT passed by Congress? I mean, if ONLY 10% of the population is LEFT HANDED and 25% of the rest of the population is AMBIDEXTEROUS, and if 10% of the population is primarily HOMOSEXUAL and 25 percent of the rest of the population is primarily BISEXUAL, well, then....

Since when should people ACCEPT a clear abnormaility such as LEFT HANDED NESS?

I mean, Leonardo was LEFT HANDED and HOMOSEXUAL - a double Minority !! No wonder they locked him up for Sogdogmia (figure out what that means !) with Jacopo Saltarelli (a notorious male prostitute and model) in April of 1476, when the pretty boy was not even 24 years old !!!

I don't mind if you check the list outl, after all, how the hell does anyone know what hand these dinosaurs used anyway? I found a few of the names suspect myself, but I just figured that left-handedness was considered "evil" back then and they were forced to use the other hand. If all you could find out of that list was one or two people...what is your point, that you're a history major?
I don't really see how left-handedness is a "disability".
I see it as evolution...as we are creators.
Da Vinci was ambidextrous...how is that a hinderence?
Should blue eyed people marry blue eyed people?
Should people with red hair be allowed to marry people with red hair?
Should near-sighted people be able to live at all?
I wonder how many "right-handed" people were closeted left handers. I bet that the list is longer than you care for it to be.
So what does it mean when you're left-handed, green eyed and RH-?
I am your overlord. Stand to the left of me and do my bidding. Muhahahahahaha.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Lists of famous left handers:
www.guardian.co.uk...

www.wikinfo.org...

www.indiana.edu...

I found Michelangelo on five lists so far..so....
yeah.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Being a left handed person myself, I would like all the right handers think about living in a world where everything is designed for left handed people, and then wonder how you kept all your fingers for so long...hehe

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Obama's a lefty too....and he can sing.

I hate being discriminated for being a lefty. Ever purchased Left Handed guitar? Instant 10 - 25% increase. Yes I know why (blah blah blah - not production runs) - doesn't make it right.

/rantmodeoff.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
What about ambidextrous people? Do they get the leftie drawbacks (if indeed there is merit to this) or do they get righty benefits? Frankly I consider them super humans either way.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step

I hate being discriminated for being a lefty. Ever purchased Left Handed guitar? Instant 10 - 25% increase. Yes I know why (blah blah blah - not production runs) - doesn't make it right.

/rantmodeoff.

Try to buy ANYTHING for lefties at a fair price. Your lucky if it's only 10-25% in some cases, depending on what it is. Professional scissors run high regular just try to find a decent pair in leftie.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here we go again. Another class distinction to qualify some group of people by. Birth glitches... bah. Which handedness is decided in the developmental stage, usually the first time one learns to throw something. Not equal? To what? Rabbits? How human you behave has little to do with dexterity. Everyone wants to be two handed anyway, I think.

Then we go on with other differences like hair and eye color... waiting for the race card. Oh, that wouldn't be proper. But all these other difference measurements are OK?

Really...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

My sister, the devil in person- is left handed. But she´s also not that bright. So I think this contradicts 100% with your observation.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

wow, i knew there was a reason i loved you MM. ahhh

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I am right handed, I have two siblings who are right handed, and three siblings who are left handed. My mum is right handed, and my dad, well I guess he's ambi.
I think that this "study" is rediculous in that it puts limitations on left handed people.

He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Jesus did make mention of left hand and right.
"But when you give to someone in need, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing."

Matthew 6:2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Our left hands are just as much a part of us as our right hands, remember that. It's about integrity, not bloodlines.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
From my personal exp,
Lefties are either brilliant or seriously dumb.
But they all are oversensitive and use extreme and irrevelant logics....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step

/rantmodeoff.

That one threw me for a minute, I knew my uncle always just installed his strings differently since he was left handed but I guess you're talking about a guitar that isn't the symmetrically shaped acoustic version and it makes more sense to me now LOL

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
hmmmm maybe they can pray it away or have special programs set up at the mega-churches to cure them from their left-handedness

I wonder if fred phelps is going to send all lefties to "hell"?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

linear thinking is an addiction which can be cured in my opinion...

lefties are on the increase worldwide though so their numbers are growing, and I think when the lefties numbers are greater they should punish right handed individuals for having limited thought processes and also being gullible conformist without outside-of-box thinking abilities.

maybe the right handed individuals of the world can all follow eachother off a bridge or something

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
We need to start sewing left hands onto all left-handers shirts with the words "LEFT" or "izquierda" in predominantly Spanish-speaking regions so we can distinguish from normal people.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Being a lefty MAY bring those negatives to the table...

But here are some 56 Interesting Facts about Left-Handedness, that are full of positives.

Come on, Einstein was left-handed, as well as Bill Gates & many great Classical composers.

Either way, lefties rule.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This BS was done in the class room in the 1970's. It is not true, it a game. If it were true Fed's would be killing of all left handed people. I feel my mental disorder coming on I need to go to the hospital. I think I am having a flash back the PTSD is always bugging me. Crap just cut my right hand off using a power tool. I hate be left handed. Personally if it is true then left handed people need to start a class action suit for discrimination. No left handed pen, tools, cards, or condoms. It's terrible.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Actually, you're wrong.

Mozart was left-handed, according to many sources.

answers.yahoo.com...

Just google it...Many sites specify that he was indeed a lefty.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Same exact thing could be said for those with the tendency of Alcoholism.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got a left handed customer who comes in. One thing I do notice is that she has to turn the page 90 degrees, and STILL get into an awkward position to write. From watching this, I know that if I had a left-handed child, they would learn to write with their right hand. Even if I had to force them to. In the end, it would only be for the battle of making sure they can sign with their right hand, expediting their life as an adult. (As in, do you know how many things we sign on a daily basis?!?)

~~~~~~~~~~~

The left-handed people that bother me, for health reasons, are the provably mirror-twins. While it is rare, mirror-imaging twins can have a defective placement of internal organs (parts on the wrong side). Now does this mean that I should treat them any different than the rest of the population? No, not unless I'm forced to.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
From my personal exp,
Lefties are either brilliant or seriously dumb.
But they all are oversensitive and use extreme and irrevelant logics....

Or you are just not intelligent enough to understand the deeper concepts.

Do you you think you could have understood the masters while they were forming original works and ideas?

What you call oversensitive and extreme and irrelevant logic may just be the needed processes for greatness.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join