It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous might actually have some decent info....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There's an interview I just found a link to that's between a journalist and someone called Christopher Doyon, an American member of Anon that went over to Canada as a fugitive to avoid an over the top trail and possible sentence. The interview linked will explain enough about who he is and his situation anyway, but this part is amazing if true :

Q. What’s next for Anonymous?
A: Right now we have access to every classified database in the U.S. government. It’s a matter of when we leak the contents of those databases, not if. You know how we got access? We didn’t hack them. The access was given to us by the people who run the systems. The five-star general (and) the Secretary of Defence who sit in the cushy plush offices at the top of the Pentagon don’t run anything anymore. It’s the pimply-faced kid in the basement who controls the whole game, and Bradley Manning proved that. The fact he had the 250,000 cables that were released effectively cut the power of the U.S. State Department in half. The Afghan war diaries and the Iran war diaries effectively cut the political clout of the U.S. Department of Defence in half. All because of one guy who had enough balls to slip a CD in an envelope and mail it to somebody.

Now people are leaking to Anonymous and they’re not coming to us with this document or that document or a CD, they’re coming to us with keys to the kingdom, they’re giving us the passwords and usernames to whole secure databases that we now have free reign over. … The world needs to be concerned.

Source : Insider tells why Anonymous ‘might well be the most powerful organization on Earth’

We're due for some crazy stuff going down if this is true. Am obviously wondering what they've got related to this area, if anything, but if they have got info it's probably assured that we'll find out as time passes. I just hope he stays safe and gets out of Canada if things start looking dodgy.

So what do you think?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You're really jumping to conclusions there. If you're implying proof of extra terrestrials then I don't think it would be kept on an database accessible via the internet, if it even exists. Like I said, you're really jumping to conclusions, there was no mention of anything even remotely related to that in the interview.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
You're really jumping to conclusions there. If you're implying proof of extra terrestrials then I don't think it would be kept on an database accessible via the internet, if it even exists. Like I said, you're really jumping to conclusions, there was no mention of anything even remotely related to that in the interview.

Yeah I know I am a bit, just thought it was worth adding here because there's always the chance.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I keep telling people they let them in the back door, they aren't uberhackers, but they can be played just as well as anyone else. What could they possibly gain from letting anon have free reign over classified systems?

Oh, they have been pushing for Internet censorship and or a killswitch? Interesting
Nahh, no way those things are connected
edit on 14-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Sounds too good to be true.

Anonymous? More powerful than the CIA, KGB and M15 combined?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The problem with Anonymous is there is no leader, there is no "group" ... they come in two main flavors .. the sub-groups that form from the dark underbelly of the net in chatrooms.. those are the hacker geeks that gather and plan things.. A lot of them come and go.. there's no leadership structure, just people who group up .. sometimes it's just one person, could be 5 .. Some people will take part in something and never take part again, some may take part in as much as they can do .. especially if they are passionate about a particular topic.

The second are the trolls .. or wannabes.. I tend to think the Anonymous alien videos probably fit into that latter group.. it seemed not very well done, and didn't stick to the normal feel of "anonymous" .. it just felt completely off like some young kid decided to screw with people to get hits on youtube.

You also have to ask yourself this... lets say I'm some guy who's an admin for super top secret information .. how do I know who to contact to give that information to? .. it's not like Anonymous has an address, or contact information for that matter.. there's no one person in charge of the PR department .. I don't know.. sounds fishy! .. until I start seeing some information coming out, I'm going to stay skeptical of the claims.. and no I don't think THIS interview is related to the alien videos in any way..

Anonymous is an idea, it's not an organization.. there's no president or leadership structure.. no constant membership, it's fluid.
edit on 5/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If there are any info on ufos i higly doubt they will be in some database somewhere neatly cataloged

secondly why did you post this in the ufo forum?where is there mention of ufos?

Thirdly if anon had information they would have dropped it by now

didnt you post this a few days ago?? clickedy

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Haha, I just got kicked from AnonOps IRC chat for asking. The person kicking me said something like "don't you think we have enough *snip* problems on this planet without worrying about what's on other planets?"

Made me laugh quite a bit. I went back in though and explained why I asked, and they didn't seem too bothered about the subject. Think I'll pass on bringing it up next time I'm in there though.
Winding them up too much will probably lead to my pc getting fried or something, and it's already on it's last legs. And besides, I don't want to bug them, they're mostly cool people.

Originally posted by IMSAM
secondly why did you post this in the ufo forum?where is there mention of ufos?

Because the interview mentioned access to every database the US government has. Anyway, guess we'll just see what happens in time.

Originally posted by IMSAM
didnt you post this a few days ago?? clickedy

Nope, that's unrelated to this.
edit on 14-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Insider tells why Anonymous ‘might well be the most powerful organization on Earth’

Really? Haha, no, not even close.

These guys are having delusions of grandeur.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
One thing that always bothers me with things like this is you have someone claim to have important secret info. They build it up or tease you with it, but nope, thhey don't just come out with it. Basically, they announce that they plan to announce something. If and when the info is finally released, it proves less impressive than the claims.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

The problem with Anonymous is there is no leader, there is no "group" ... they come in two main flavors .. the sub-groups that form from the dark underbelly of the net in chatrooms.. those are the hacker geeks that gather and plan things.. A lot of them come and go.. there's no leadership structure, just people who group up .. sometimes it's just one person, could be 5 .. Some people will take part in something and never take part again, some may take part in as much as they can do .. especially if they are passionate about a particular topic.

The second are the trolls .. or wannabes.. I tend to think the Anonymous alien videos probably fit into that latter group.. it seemed not very well done, and didn't stick to the normal feel of "anonymous" .. it just felt completely off like some young kid decided to screw with people to get hits on youtube.

You also have to ask yourself this... lets say I'm some guy who's an admin for super top secret information .. how do I know who to contact to give that information to? .. it's not like Anonymous has an address, or contact information for that matter.. there's no one person in charge of the PR department .. I don't know.. sounds fishy! .. until I start seeing some information coming out, I'm going to stay skeptical of the claims.. and no I don't think THIS interview is related to the alien videos in any way..

Anonymous is an idea, it's not an organization.. there's no president or leadership structure.. no constant membership, it's fluid.

Yeah I get what they're about to a decent degree, have researched them and also protested with them in the past too (offline.) so I know a bit about how they operate. Some of them will have a lot of connections though, and I just hope they use them wisely and stay as safe as they can do.
edit on 14-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well, I note they reference Julian Assange. He's not Anon and he's delivered. I can't recall something he said he'd do that he didn't, actually. Anon on the other hand, has threats or decrees coming from every goober with a keyboard and a cause to use the name. I'd love this to be true...but I have an obvious question. Why would he brag about this if it were true? He's not saying they raped the databases and are sitting on the files. He's saying they HAVE ..currently..HAVE access. I'd move that to the past tense in short order after that interview.

If TPTB believe that statement, they'd cut their own nose off their face to stop the leaks. That means to me, if they have to change everything, they'd do it. Someone with access to things like they claim would know that by reading about other instances by now. You'd think they'd know better than anyone that bragging before the deed is already done is just suicidal.

I'd also note something else. He's not being real specific about things on who they have access to. Following the death of the Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko, I recall reading in papers that the Russians were working to pass a law clearing them to kill 'traitors' (read: critics and dissidents) inside and outside of the Russian Federation. It'll be interesting to see what happens for testing that if he's openly saying these things and someone actually takes him at his word for having that capability.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Well said... fluid indeed!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

The five-star general (and) the Secretary of Defence who sit in the cushy plush offices at the top of the Pentagon don’t run anything anymore. It’s the pimply-faced kid in the basement who controls the whole game, and Bradley Manning proved that.

God help us all if that is true.

I dont want some whiny little brat who just lost his Warcraft account to take it out on humanity. Teens are far too emotional and rash to look after themselves, let alone run a country or the world.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

The problem with Anonymous is there is no leader

Its not a problem.. They are all leaders...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wikileaks and Anon are partners. They work together and not on their own.

All this talk about a leadership-less organization is just naive. Its network is free to join for any1 that really brings something to their plate, but trust me, there is most certainly a leadership in place.

StringTh
edit on 14-5-2012 by StringTh because: wrong english

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by miniatus

The problem with Anonymous is there is no leader

Its not a problem.. They are all leaders...

Which is an organizational nightmare for any kind of movement.

Again, all this means is the most immature, spoiled brat with a hate on for all society has as much authority as a well organized, focused individual who actually has mankinds best intentions at heart.

Anon frightens me more than the most corrupt government out there.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
How do we know this is even anon talking... I've seen three of four people here claiming to be anon then giving backwards computer advice (that makes no sense)

Also, I hope this will cause some action, to bring these fools down...

Tooting your own horn is the easiest way to get caught.... Way to go

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Which is an organizational nightmare for any kind of movement.

What makes you think Anon is composed immature, spoiled brat with a hate on for all society... Really its a type of on-line democracy in which peeps can choose to partake in operations or not... If you want to trust your government more go ahead. The governments have been bought out by the bankers..

Iit is not a nightmare. It is a lesson well learnt. Activism in the late 80s and 90s got infiltrated by government and leaders harassed or arrested. Now there is a beast with many heads and the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing. It is social evolution...

edit on 14-5-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

What makes you think Anon is composed immature, spoiled brat with a hate on for all society... Really its a type of on-line democracy in which peeps can choose to partake in operations or not... If you want to trust your government more go ahead. The governments have been bought out by the bankers..

A democracy has an elected leader. Your previous post said anon has no leader. And i dont see at all how this is a democracy. With no leader, it would have no direction, anyone able to do what they want, when they want. What is it they have then?

Iit is not a nightmare. It is a lesson well learnt. Activism in the late 80s and 90s got infiltrated by government and leaders harassed or arrested. Now there is a beast with many heads and the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing. It is social evolution...)

Its social suicide.

I do not want a impetuous teenager to have more power than the top US general. If one of these whiny brats decided they wanted to teach the US a lesson, who is to stop them from ground bursting a missile in its silo? After all, as you said, there is no "leader" to stop them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join