It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous might actually have some decent info....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by purplemer
What makes you think Anon is composed immature, spoiled brat with a hate on for all society... Really its a type of on-line democracy in which peeps can choose to partake in operations or not... If you want to trust your government more go ahead. The governments have been bought out by the bankers..

A democracy has an elected leader. Your previous post said anon has no leader. And i dont see at all how this is a democracy. With no leader, it would have no direction, anyone able to do what they want, when they want. What is it they have then?

This is not true. Having a leader and having a democracy are mutually exclusive organizational features. You are talking about a representational leadership which can exist in democracy or a dictatorship. In fact there are functioning democracies right now without representational leadership. Look at Switzerland's direct democracy, for example.

The point is that you don't need to have leadership in order to have democracy. In fact, leadership only impedes democracy. When was the last time you were happy to have a representative "represent" you?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
This is not true. Having a leader and having a democracy are mutually exclusive organizational features. You are talking about a representational leadership which can exist in democracy or a dictatorship. In fact there are functioning democracies right now without representational leadership. Look at Switzerland's direct democracy, for example.

The point he was trying to make was that anon is a democracy, when it in fact much more closely resembles anarchy. I dont see any coherant structure and they seem a bit aimless. They pretend to be champions of the people, all the while taking law into their own hands, vigilante style. Democracy? Yeah right. I didnt elect these guys, and i dont want them.

Originally posted by Cuervo
The point is that you don't need to have leadership in order to have democracy. In fact, leadership only impedes democracy. When was the last time you were happy to have a representative "represent" you?

As much as yes, i realize politicians are crooks, id still much rather elect my crook then have them appointed for me.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join