It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a supply of ramen noodles in your prep stores?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by arielburns
reply to post by dayve

You got lucky with that one. Ill just carry around my Katadyn pocket filter with me and drink wherever i want.... Even the creek. Noodles n rice everyday>>

mmm, sounds like you're the man I'll be looking for! I mean, I hate life as it is, I can't imagine trying to live like that. I can handle the thought of living in a nomadic tribe, or some natural self sustained group - but meandering around with noodles is a big NO. tell me, are you that happy, comedic and bring the party no matter what or are you afraid of the dark? (that's an honest question)

I can't imagine hating life no matter how bad it is.
I can't imagine hating humanity no matter how wrongly they betray me.

I suppose that we are very different in terms of philosophy.
But I would implore you to reevaluate your beliefs and question them deeper.

There are many good things still. Find them and try to enjoy life before it's too late.
We are all gonna die anyways, so make the best of what we have left.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

One of those rods from a nuclear reactor can wipe out billions. And we have countless, countless of them. Moon colony? And eat what? Do what? I'm telling you - you don't have long anyway. You're slated to die within a few decades, well, maybe more than a few, but it goes fast. I wouldn't worry about it. Sure, it could happen any day. And any day I know how to utilize carbon monoxide to my favor. :-)

Assembly. The Assembly contains multiple rods.

The Moon Colony was a joke to point out how all life on Earth would be kaput.
I don't have a ticket or anything, I will die here with you don't worry.

And while we die of radiation poisoning we can talk about Spider Man comics and how it didn't kill him. I do prefer a little irony right before the lights go out.

Wait this was suppose to be about Ramen noddles right?
They are alright but I prefer rice honestly.
edit on 13-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by dayve

You got lucky with that one. Ill just carry around my Katadyn pocket filter with me and drink wherever i want.... Even the creek. Noodles n rice everyday>>

mmm, sounds like you're the man I'll be looking for! I mean, I hate life as it is, I can't imagine trying to live like that. I can handle the thought of living in a nomadic tribe, or some natural self sustained group - but meandering around with noodles is a big NO. tell me, are you that happy, comedic and bring the party no matter what or are you afraid of the dark? (that's an honest question)

Well noodles n rice are cheap and you can make different crap with them. I can cook anything. And when your nomadic tribe goes hunting and returns with nothing its because i've slaughtered all the animals, butchered them and traded them for guns, and with the guns i will kill whoever i sold the meat to, and steal it back. I will have plenty of booze, and im not afraid of the dark. It'll be fun, trust me.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
please don't eat this crap unless you have to.i've been stocking up on beans and rice for 2 years. beans and rice people!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by nenothtu

On my own particular list of "things that won't be easy if it all goes to hell", being forced to eat ramen noodles isn't near the top...

Agreed.
Eating cockroaches and tree bark will be the real hard part.

Me? I'll stick with the tree bark, you can have all the bugs.

Bugs ain't bad - they're like pretzels... crunchy! The main difference between bugs and pretzels is that you have to add sodium to the bugs, and they try to escape!

I think the REAL hard part will be staying alive long enough to worry over whether you want ramens or lightning bugs for dinner on any given evening. If you still have that choice come evening time, you've probably done something right that day....

edit on 2012/5/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I think the REAL hard part will be staying alive long enough to worry over whether you want ramens or lightning bugs for dinner on any given evening. If you still have that choice come evening time, you've probably done something right that day....

Omg you just figured it out.

Combine ramen and bugs! Now that will be an epic meal time for sure.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

you would not eat tree bark. okay, so you would. and in about five days the trees would be dying - then what? it seems this whole thought process of survivalism during the apocalypse only goes so far. guns won't help you, the masses of hysterical people who are starving will overwhelm you. so you can go underground, and wait for them to destroy the rest of animal and plant life, and in a few years return to, um, scorched Earth. I'm opting for the heavy doses of Heroin method of survival.

That's a whole LOT of tree bark eating to start killing trees in only five days! Guns night not help YOU, but they'll sure as shootin' help ME - that way I may not have to eat as much tree bark!

The key to dealing with masses of hysterical people is not to be where they are. I don't expect many will walk more than 3 days from their houses. That translates to roughly 60 miles, and leaves a lot of territory for the foraging. Cities would probably be stripped bare, but that's not our lookout if we're not in them.

Most starving people won't even make the 60 mile walk.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
How are you gonna cook noodles? Assuming everything went to sh*t, you think your waters gonna be left on? Negative...

"Left on"?

What kind of valves do they put on the creeks and clouds where you live?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Actually it will because due to my residency out in the middle of nowhere, there is a water well dug in the back and if the energy to run the pump is no longer available I have a bucket and a rope ready to go.

I may need to get more rope because I believe the well is over 200 ft deep.

But for everyone in the city? Yeah, they are screwed.

Even in cities, that water originates somewhere. They usually call that somewhere a "reservoir". Expect hobo camps around the local Lake Machapunga.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

So...

Watcha gonna do about all those nuclear power plants that won't be operated anymore? Or the toxic run off from all the crap that will no longer be disposed of properly or leaked into the environment due to total break down of society? It's not possible. We will destroy all of the living if it isn't managed. It may take some time, but you are never immune.

I'm going to ignore it. "Runoff" runs down hill. Stay uphill from it. Problem solved, Same for the nuclear plants - why do you think they would be a problem? Just don't break in and eat fuel rods.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Great thread! S&F.

I know how bad Ramen noodles are supposed to be for you. I, however, grew up on them, and back then the big brand was "Oodles of Noodles." I don't see "Oodles of Noodles" around anymore, but I see "Manchu" and/or "Ramen" noodles, which are really essentially the same as "Oodles."

My mother used to make them for me, but she would "spice it up" a bit. Here's a recipe for "ramen" noodles that might add some enjoyment for those who are willing to eat them...

1. Boil water. Add 1 can of chicken breat meat (canned). Pour all liquid from can into water. Break the chunks into smaller pieces.
2. Add several shakes of: garlic powder, onion powder, dehydrated minced onion, black pepper, cilantro and basil. Add a handful (as much as desired) of frozen broccoli florets.
3. Add 3 tablespoons (give or take a tablespoon depending on taste) of apple cider vinegar.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar (standard or brown).
5. Add the flavor packet. (optional: add a teaspoon of Thai fish sauce if desired).
6. Add noodles.
7. Cook until noodles are are ready. Cool and serve. --NOTE: the longer you allow the noodles to cool, the more of the broth they will absorb, which increases noodle flavor.

Of course, you can add turmeric and/or cayenne pepper to make it hot/spicy and healthier (turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory --google that).

This is a way to make something "cheap" into something moutwateringly savory and fantastic, if you're prone to enjoy ramen noodles at all.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Omg you just figured it out.

Combine ramen and bugs! Now that will be an epic meal time for sure.

On a bed of rice.

With a sprig of pine tree!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
DONT RUIN MY CUP NOODLES!!!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
In India, we get this product named Maggi Noodles.

Does anyone know whether they are fried or non-fried?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by oohay
In India, we get this product named Maggi Noodles.

Does anyone know whether they are fried or non-fried?

Depends on which product. There are many varieties that are sold under this brand. Some appear to be "dried" while others are "pre-cooked", which may refer to frying.

Please review this Wiki : Maggi Noodles

Maggi noodles is a brand of instant noodles manufactured by Nestlé. The brand is popular in Australia, India, South Africa, Brazil, New Zealand, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Fiji and the Philippines. In several countries, it is also known as "maggi mee" (mee is Indonesian/Malay/Hokkien for noodles). Maggi noodles are part of the Maggi family, a Nestlé brand of instant soups, stocks, and noodles.

There have been a lot of issues about MSG and other things so really this large corporate brand has been struggling in recent times. It talks about the problems in the wiki.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm counting my change right now to see if I have enough money to "eat" ramen noodles. One day when I am not a slave to student debt and assholes, I'd like to eat organic food. Until then I can't argue with 50 cents per package.

PS: If i had the money to have a "prep store", ramen noodles would be the last thing on my list. I'd stock that # with 20 years worth of canned ravioli

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
If it really is bad for your liver drunk collage students everywhere are going to have to find a new cost effective midnight munchie. Or they can choose which the liver can afford, cheap food or cheap booze...

edit on 13-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Many thanks dude. I will try out the Maggi Noodles. I just ordered some on the internet and they are cheap.

Some dried noodles are deep fried to add a sheen to the noodles. When I discovered my Chinese neighbours did touch the stuff, my alarms bells went. They told me the brand I was eating was full of chemicals dipped in oil fryers.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
@ muzzleflash

Thanks for the informative link.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Since I am living in Japan since 2 1/2 months, I discovered, that instant ramen here in Japan taste far better then in Europe, but this is true for every instant food you can get here... somehow they managed to taste it more natural

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join