It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Today. Any advice?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

Ill try to get into Uni straight after college indeed. I need and want the further education. The problem is that it costs money

reply to post by theconspirator

I try my best not to spend to much time on the pc and I usally have more important things to do so i tend to go at night to do some interneting

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
1. Try to make it to 17.
2. Think for yourself and think it all the way through.
3. Question everything.
3. Refer to #1

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday

I understand what you mean but I guess its that phrase in life where you just fear one and another in case something kicks off.Both dont like changes. But ill bare in mind what you said
I think college might be the place to get the sex life started. Didint want to kick it off in school because to much hustle and so on. Either way thanks

reply to post by dnawrocki

Constantly I put away some money in a tin and usually I treat myself by the end of the year to something nice. I do this so that I dont feel dependent on people to get me things and I guess it works because I dont really act greedy towards anyone who has better things than me. When someone has an I phone I dont really moan cause my nokia brick smartphone has better physical features than an I phone. (try using it as a hammer
) I suppose we all need that swiss account just incase

reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Certainly true, that is why I'm greatly thankful to the ATS members who encourage me and support me with my threads and other things It certainly shows the spirt in this community which no other thing can beat.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow. You are a very intelligent and articulate young man for being only 16 years old.

Most of the other posters have given you some excellent advice. Here is mine:

You are only 16 once. You may be chomping at the bit to get older and to get out on your own, but please don't be in any hurry. You are at a magical time in your life, when you are full of energy, life, hope and drive. Enjoy it. Revel in it. It will never come around again.

Having said that, don't be stupid about things that could potentially hurt you. I'm talking about things like driving, driving while intoxicated, having unprotected sex, or taking foolish chances when doing things that are potentially dangerous, such as playing with guns, seeing how much alcohol you can chug before you puke, jumping from a second story roof onto a trampoline or a swimming pool, trying to cross a busy road or freeway, or eating pills that somebody gave you and you have no idea what they are.

As far as issues with your father, many of us have issues with our fathers. Truly good fathers seem to be somewhat rare. We don't get to choose our parents, and most parents (especially dads) don't know how to parent. They only have the memories of how their own parents did it, therefore the dysfunction carries on for generation after generation. You will never know how hard it is until you have children of your own. Cut your dad some slack, which requires you to be more mature than you perceive him to be. So be it. You appear to be up to the challenge.

Fighting and cruel things that are said now can never be taken back. Try hard to keep your cool until you are on your own. You will never regret being thoughtful and kind, but you will ALWAYS regret being mean and cruel.

Happy Birthday!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly do a lot of after school activities to keep me busy and keep my education at the highest standard. Last thing I want is to lose that ability to be not educated. I can not wait for political discussion in college
But all in good time and I will certainly spend my time wisely so that nothing is wasted.

reply to post by Bixxi3

Thanks for the advice. I know that all those things are fun. Trust me I have friends that begged me to go to parties with them but I refused because I suppose i can myself enjoy myself better. Don't get me wrong. I aint going to go all anti everything. A drink or two at times aint bad as long as it is limited. I dont want to end up a alchocolic.

reply to post by olliemc84

Yeah I know what you mean, Im sorry that it happened to you but lessons must be learned even if it is in the worst way possible. I aint planning to have a kid till I'm in a stable possition to support their education and childhood. Last thing I want to do is take that away from the kid. I dont want my child to become a sheep.

reply to post by BIGPoJo

Yeah,I have been hitting the gym lately.Am I feeling any better? Hell yeah !

reply to post by sparrowstail

Thank you for teaching me a moral short story. Certainly I will use it in life. We are indeed social animals thats why the drinks and smoking industries are gaining money from people because people fear to lose friends and close ones so they do what they do in a way.
I suppose I need to show that I will not be easily put down also.

reply to post by benrl

Well I certainly will try to stay away from the banks. The bankers certainly show their true colours now. I suppose investment is the best thing to do with spare money. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well that is a very logical way of looking at it. I assume it is the right way to go if you are going in for the money. But the thing about me. Although my heart has been broken and has bleed for miles I still search for love. Love is the thing that makes me happy. By your username it looks like it is the opposite for you. Im not suggesting anything but your view seems to show that you yourself had troubles with another. Which is sad for anyone who has to suffer like that especially in love.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday! It makes me so mature being called 'very intelligent and articulate young man for being only 16 years old.'

Makes me want to cry with happiness like this...

(sorry for posting something so immature, but I guess we need a laugh)
But I will certainly take in mind not to do stupid and idiotic things like drink driving and so on because I do not want to end up in a hospital bed or even worse. I value my life for what it is and I do want to enjoy it. So I will enjoy it while I'm in my teenage years I guess but I will also educate myself further.
But thanks for giving me your advice and opinions also. Along with others who I also value. Certainly makes me smile when I have a caring community behind my back

edit on 9/5/12 by hellzdoms because: A reason for posting a video

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Text Navyreply to post by hellzdoms

Text Black

Happy Birthday

Save your money - don't rush off to spend on the next gizmo from Apple, wait a year and most stuff is already 50% cheaper. Save your money - yeah I know I've said it twice, it's that important. Don't get a loan for anything unless you have 35% downpayment. Yeah, that's way above typical normal standards. Don't settle for normal or typical in finance, set a higher standard for yourself.
If you have a hobby, master it. If not, find a hobby or a craft and master that. Understand that parenthood has always been a challenge for most fathers and mothers. Do something unexpectedly kind for someone you love.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NinjaSquirrel

Will do so certainly. Thanks for the wishes
By looking at your stats you look brand new to ATS. Well before I guess anyone welcomes you I will. I'm preety sure you will love this community and members. Always remember to support your work and investigations with sources it is very important. But thats all for now lookin forward to your posts
. Thanks for the advice with loans and so on. I personally wont be getting a loan for as long as I can.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm 28. Until about 2 years ago I felt like I was still 18. Then I had some issues with my dad that aged me to 21. I was 21 for two years and now I have no clue. "Something" quite recently made me fear death and I wailed out to the heavens in severe anguish and woe as I drove on a highway at 1:30 AM on a Tuesday night. I didn't know I could make the sounds I made. I scared myself.

Logically I know that life comes before death. I see enough people die to know it's a pretty solid trend. But I simply refused to think it would happen to me. And I literally lived like I couldn't die.

Now I'm seeing a therapist.

Happy birthday, choose water over soda always. Getting A's in school allows you to have more of what you want in the future at cheaper prices.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Thank you for the wishes indeed. I think things change sometimes too quickly for us to react towards them. I suppose we all learn that in the near future. I hope you feel better

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

First off happy birthday (for yesterday of course) and I probably know better than anyone else here on ATS that Age.. yeah, it doesn't matter at all. You see, you're not alone, I'm a teenager as well.

If anyone think's any less of you or criticizes you or even ignores you because of your age.., their not worth the time in the first place really. I can assure you of that. Anyway, I haven't really got much advice for you here, and there's plenty of great advice already posted, but I felt like It was important to let you know that age really is just a number. If you want to debate someone else on a topic, do it. Whether their old, young, or middle aged. Your opinion, does and always will, matter.

Edit: Oh, I do have some advice as it happens - School, please don't underestimate how important it is. Don't make the mistake I did which was take a rather relaxed approach to it. I regret it and if I could go back again, I'd do it right.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Originally posted by Rising Against

I'm a teenager as well.
....Edit: Oh, I do have some advice as it happens - School, please don't underestimate how important it is. Don't make the mistake I did which was take a rather relaxed approach to it. I regret it and if I could go back again, I'd do it right.

Hah well your edit certainly proves that you are a teenager
Your right that age is only a number. But the problem is that people stereotype people by it. Usually as you may know in the UK anyone under 21 with a hoodie has a gun and is a gold digger. Well at times it isn’t even that. Especially when you take into account that it is raining

Thanks for at least saying happy birthday
Certainly glad to hear it from another member.
Deny Ignorance is a great motto for this forum therefore I feel welcomed even if I’m only 16

I do try the hardest in school, don’t you worry. But it makes me sad that others...No matter how much I tell them do not realise that education is a great tool that should be mastered or at least known.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

your advice is to objectify women?

How about, as a male you set the tone of a girl's sexual relationship, maybe even for life. Treat her with respect.

And a great line I read the other day with that, don't ever take from a girl what you can't give back.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

the advice to stay in school is the best. there is a reason it has been repeated here several times. Do the best you can, whether you think you will go to college or not, you may change your mind. work hard to get the best grades you can, and don't slack off your senior year. Do the opposite, take the most advanced classes you can and excel at them. It will make college that much easier. Colleges willl look to see how you did your senior year. And it may reduce the number of classes you have to take.

If you get high grades, then you might be able to get scholarships or grants to help you get into college.

But don't feel you have to necessarily hop into college when you graduate high school. Sometimes working different jobs will help you figure out what you want to do. Better to go into college knowing what you want, is better then taking a major in something you won't use, or having to take classes you don't need because you don't know what you want to do yet.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Happy Birthday. God, I'm starting to feel old, as being 16 seems like a long time ago.

Read "The Law of Success" by Napoleon Hill. It will help you decide what you want to do with your life. I wish I had been introduced to it at your age. I have never read a book with so much positive advice. It will make you question who you are and who you want to be.

Edit to add. Always wear a condom. Don't want any nasty surprises getting in the way at your age.

edit on 10-5-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Yeah I agree with you, stereotyping does happen and anyone who says otherwise is just flat out wrong. There is unfortunately though a lot of people out there who are around our age (I'm 19) who really do ruin the reputation of a teenager for the rest of us by being an all round terror, to put it as nicely as possible. Sad but true. So I don't really agree with the stereotyping, as obviously all teenagers are not the same, but I do understand why It's there and because of that It never bothered me all that much. Try not to let it bother you if you can help it as well and just be your own person. If it's raining like you mentioned and you want to wear a hoody, just do it. I do. It doesn't automatically make me want to go out and mug someone after all, lol.

I do try the hardest in school, don’t you worry.

That's honestly good to hear.

School isn't exactly the most fun place to be let's say, going from my own experience, but trust me, and I'm saying this knowing full well how annoying It was to hear when I was younger, but the working world is a lot worse than school if you didn't pay attention. I mean a lot worse. I don't think I could even stress how important it is. I know I wish I worked harder there.

Great that you realize it now though. You seem smart, I'm sure you'll go far.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I’m glad we can agree on something. Stereotyping really is the main reason why people do not pay attention to politics and therefore we are in this mess now. I'm glad that slowly people understand but it is taking them a hell of a lot of time.
I know school can be boring..I find it interesting. The problem with schools is that there is to many distractions from learning and therefore not a lot of listen. Whereas, if they did we would be all geniuses. But we always have to have that one guy who does not bother and would prefer to stay on benefits. People like that make me sick to high heavens. Taking tax payers money because they cannot be bothered to go to work.
Thank you that you certainly think that I will go far. I hope so myself

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

At the moment I'm doing what I want I find interesting and then I will decide between them all what I want. I want to have multiple choices not just one. Always need to have a backup plan otherwise you end up at ground zero if you do not. I will be trying to work part time. But I do not think that working in a supermarket is my dream carrer

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I will certainly check it out next time I’m out and about. If you claim it is a good read I guess it is. Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday. Very nice of you to do so

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join