It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video Of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released. Watch With Caution.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
#ing robocops they deserve death sentence, i hope they will have it. A good lawyer should take plead for this case imo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by XXX777

Non compliance does not carry a death penalty. Unless he posed a genuine lethal and unquestionable threat to those officers, the most they ought to have been able to get away with was an armlock. NO beating is required when cops outnumber thier target in this way, and any defence of these punks is an outrage against freedom.

Around the 1:15 time on the video you can see the guy is not only not complying, but he begins to run away. Listen, I'm not trying to be some sort of instigating troll here. I am simply saying that this man is out at night apparently loitering and appearing drunk or on drugs. The first officer is getting ready to search him for drugs and such. The guy is a misfit, an outcast, perhaps even incompetent. Whatever the reason for him dropping out of normal society is not my interest. When approached by a law officer one is supposed to obey. Period. The guy was a smart ass from the beginning.

I've had a Police officer point a shotgun directly at me, and believe me I complied extremely quickly. If a person is incapable of correct social response, then perhaps that person is better eliminated.

Please find and quote the federal statute that makes loitering or not complying with a police officer carry the death penalty. Please by all means because I cannot find it anywhere!

So.. what you are saying in essence is all homeless people and social outcasts should be hauled off and brutally beaten to death.

Now I understand that he may not have complied but it doesn't take much for two police officers to force a man's hands behind his back and put him in a police car.

You're telling me that two police officers twice this man's size could not force his arms into the cuffing position while he was laying face down on the ground in a headlock, unable to breath...

It especially doesn't take much with three police officers and a shot with a taser...

I know for a fact 4 police officers would have no problem cuffing a man who is down on the ground..

5 police officers would be at a particular advantage because there are five of them...

BUT SIX police officers obviously result in someone being killed...

I hope one day you are granted the same respect for loitering as well... I mean that.
edit on 9-5-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Something tells me that the man possibly faced a childhood event as he was calling out for his Dad.

This was definitely excessive use of force. At the least, they could have tased him to destablize and put the handcuffs rather than beating him up. I wonder who will stand up or make noise now for a 'white man' has been beaten to death by the cops.

They did tase him repeatedly. You can hear it on the audio of one of the police mics.

I always wonder how cops can justify beating someone for not relaxing and putting their hands behind their backs while they are beating them and tasing them? If someone is punching you, the most natural reaction is to close up into a little ball or if you are experienced in fighting, the natural reaction would be to strike back in spite of the pain. In either case, the cops will say they are justified in beating the crap out of you. Its a sad world we live in.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I didn't watch it as I am @ work and can't stream vids, but I know the story well.

Jack booted thugs are deserving of the Wheel. Really. I'll man the hammer and they'll be braiden when I'm done.

To the apologists, you really believe in summary executions by street thugs whose collective IQs and curiosity is lower than a sea anome? You'll end by that which you want. REALLY.

Derek

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I've had more than a few run in's with our law enforcement officers, it's been a mixed bag - had a couple of good beatings off them back in the 80's but.....?
It's been a while really since I've had dealings with run of the mill PC Plods, the last few times were with slightly more senior officers - but that's all in the past now,

Coming from that sort of area myself, and being a big Angelic Upstarts fan, I was very aware of the Liddle Towers case.
It wasn't just the fact that he was killed whilst being in police custody but the verdict of 'justifiable homicide' that really angered people.
OK he was pissed and could be a bit aggressive etc but that doesn't mean to say that it was justified to murder him.

And that's exactly the same with this case.

The thing is, too few people know their rights.
I don't know the specifics of US law but here in the UK the Police Officer would have had no right whatsoever to behave that way towards Kelly Thomas in the first place.
All he is entitled to do is ask for his name and address and unless he has reasonable suspicion that he is about to commit a crime or has committed a crime then that is it.
The Police Officer has to give details of exactly what crime is or has been committed.

But that is all irrelevant really - nothing he did warranted this sort of treatment and no amount of spin can alter that simple fact.
edit on 9/5/12 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Most homeless folks are out there because their mental capacity inhibits them from being normal.
Most have been cast to the wind by society.
Truly an American Tragedy
I am glad you folks are making yourselves heard.

On the other hand Law Enforcement hasn't been tasked with greater risks since prohibition.
The gumbment got a lot of folks all messed up and pissed at just about everything.
There is DRUGS and the mentally ill are no longer in institutions but at large on the streets.
Honest cops do not make big money. We need the good ones.
So please don't do a blanket job on all those that serve with dignity.
Help by insuring your local law enforcement folks get the proper training in these matters.
Be outraged but help find solutions.
edit on 5/9/2012 by longjohnbritches because: change

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This video is quite disturbing.... there's no way to deny it (no matter which side of the fence you're on).

On a less deadly note, while were on the police brutality topic, a woman a few towns over from mine was shot by a cop a few days ago here in Mass...

www.wwlp.com...

interesting how few details are provided...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
2 minutes in and I am stunned. Angry and outraged beyond description. I won't watch the rest, no need. This is just unbelievable.

Seriously - there is NO excuse.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The badge doesn't give them the license. We do by doing and saying nothing.
Sure the cops could have beaten down on anyone who approached and intervened. But even they wouldn't be able to prevent 3, 4 or 10 people all at once. I'm obviously presuming that there were people around with this but at a bus stop with at east one passer by at the start of the short video and someone else videoing. All it would take is 2 people to approach and say leave that man alone or at least distract them from killing a man.

Like I say, I'm no Kickass myself. Just worries me that a uniform and a badge can hold such fear over us all.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Nice. We can now all see what kind of person you are. Are you police? You sound like one. Sad, really sad that you think this is ok.

On topic this is one of the saddest things I've seen in a long time. Still crying. Horrid

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
To say all cops are bad or to bash every single one is stupid but there needs to be some accountability in the training. I watched the video and wished i had not his cry's to god "please and help me" and asking for his dad to help made it all to real. I'm about to be a father and this video hit hard at my soul

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Why did the guy not simply comply with the Police officer's orders?

The fact in this case is that the dead guy battled the Police and lost. He got what he wanted.

Are you kidding me right now?

The ''homeless'' guy is clearly playing with the officer and not one bit complying. He is behaving like he is drunk. He is using up so much of his energy hollering and resisting some more. Why not just comply and be quiet?

Good grief people with opinions like this scare me. Just be quiet? Maybejust shut up and die already, huh? You are nothing, the police are everything!

The dude was mentally ill. People aren't always "AS SMART" as you are, or as mentally - whatever it is you think you are - or as well domesticated by authority. Some people might actually expect police officers to act human. People who's blood sugar gets wonky, their carotid arteries get a bit clogged - they can get really confused. LOTS of medical conditions can cause confusion that would make one unable to comply easily. He could have been half deaf - the cops give NO ONE the benefit of the doubt, and if they kill you, you can't really explain a thing to the jury, huh?

Where they are all on top of him, and just keep tazing him - that seems like purely sadistic behavior to me. I hate those tazers, they just use them to torture people.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Why did the guy not simply comply with the Police officer's orders?

The fact in this case is that the dead guy battled the Police and lost. He got what he wanted.

Are you kidding me right now?

Are YOU kidding ME? Can I not have an opinion? I see this clearly for what it is.

If a Police officer asked me to put my feet in front of me, I would do it.
If he asked me to put my hands up, I would do it.
I would NOT play games with him, put my hands up and then put them down again, stretch my legs out and then draw them back again.
I would obey the commands and arrive at some sort of peaceful conclusion.

The ''homeless'' guy is clearly playing with the officer and not one bit complying. He is behaving like he is drunk. He is using up so much of his energy hollering and resisting some more. Why not just comply and be quiet?

Did you not read the part where the man was mentally ill? Which I take as being "off".... he more or less did as he was told. Except when he was told to put his hands on his knees, he would bend his knees. Then the officer said straighten your legs out, so he did, and leaned back on his hands. To you or me, this would have been understood. But to a "simple minded" person, it would have been confusing. He did as he was told, he just didn't know to do both at the same time. And he only ran when the other cop swung at him with the club.

Regardless, he was NO THREAT to the big fat cop who out weighed him and DID NOT deserve this useless, cold-blooded beating.

That is what is known as excessive force. Totally uncalled for!!!!!

So, you think that it's okay for a person to be BEATEN TO DEATH because he didn't know to keep his legs straight while placing his hands on his knees????

You are no better than the cops that did this with your warped way of thinking!!! No one deserves to die this way....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm convinced xxx777 is either a cop or a nazi. Or both.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

You would think by now cops would be a little more cautious knowing that there are eyes every where.

Personally, I don't think their jail terms are long enough. If that was one of us, we'd get 45 years or more....
Probably life in some states.

This was just way over the top!!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
When you see the nervous, jumpy way of these useless individuals (the cops) it's not hard to see why it often leads to a suspects death. I don't think they are evil, just too scared to handle the job.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ya all better just stop.
LOOK within. Deep within.
Take a couple gulps of clean fresh air.
Any thing there to make things better???

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by XXX777

Just leave this poster to wallow in his ignorance. To speak like that about a mentally ill man being beaten to death shows signs of mental issues that XXX777 is having. Either that or his IQ is somewhere in the 80s region.

I think you are being generous.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wrote the city of Fullerton a nice message, they prolly won't read it:

Why do your police officers like to intimidate and kill fellow US citizens? As a fellow city official the shame your police officers have brought to our nation is a new low. I also thought that if you are involved in a homicide but didn't kill the person yet were on the scene you get charged as well. Why haven't the rest of your cities finest been brought up on charges? Your PD sickens me. I'm just glad the police officers in WA don't put on gloves while threatening somebody verbally as to how they're going to be physically beat to death within the next few seconds.

This was intended for the city mayor and council.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join