It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video Of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released. Watch With Caution.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by geewizz

That's what lawyers are like If the money's right....need I say more.....

Btw that picture brings a tear to my eye it's a sad day for the police aka pigs aka fuzz aka the blue shirt gang.....

It must take a special kind of person to do that. I wouldn't defend them for any amount of money

You mean soulless not special no wonder lawyers get Crap for there job.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infrasilent
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but that man was clearly resisting arrest, and the officers were well within their rights to subdue him.

The problem is, the officers obviously didn't realize he was mentally ill and couldn't understand why he constantly kept fighting. You can clearly hear an officer say, "he must be on something" in the video. I don't think they understood how we was able to keep fighting, and you have to understand that it is their job to arrest him, and arresting him includes subduing him if he will not go quietly. Although the man continues to tell the officers he will calm down, he clearly never does. There is nothing in the video to suggest that the officers did anything to prolong his struggle-- they simply tried too hard to subdue him, and because he was mentally ill they didn't realize the mortal terror he was in. A rational person would have laid down, shut up, and been arrested long before absorbing the beating this guy received. Unfortunately, the man was not rational and therefore the beating merely exacerbated the situation. It really doesn't look or sound to me like the police intended to kill him-- unfortunately it just looks like they're less-than-intelligent gorillas who didn't understand the damage they
were doing to the guy.

I would be willing to bet that two orderlies in a hospital could have strapped into a bed without beating him at all....... As in, they wouldn't need to resort to BEATING HIM TO DEATH.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but that man was clearly resisting arrest, and the officers were well within their rights to subdue him.

The problem is, the officers obviously didn't realize he was mentally ill and couldn't understand why he constantly kept fighting. You can clearly hear an officer say, "he must be on something" in the video. I don't think they understood how we was able to keep fighting, and you have to understand that it is their job to arrest him, and arresting him includes subduing him if he will not go quietly. Although the man continues to tell the officers he will calm down, he clearly never does. There is nothing in the video to suggest that the officers did anything to prolong his struggle-- they simply tried too hard to subdue him, and because he was mentally ill they didn't realize the mortal terror he was in. A rational person would have laid down, shut up, and been arrested long before absorbing the beating this guy received. Unfortunately, the man was not rational and therefore the beating merely exacerbated the situation. It really doesn't look or sound to me like the police intended to kill him-- unfortunately it just looks like they're less-than-intelligent gorillas who didn't understand the damage they were doing to the guy.

You make a fair point but.........

Did you see his FACE? Did you have long hard look? If it takes all them coppers to cuff him then there crap at there jobs !

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

they simply tried too hard to subdue him, and because he was mentally ill they didn't realize the mortal terror he was in.

Something else,
You don't have to be mentally Ill to be in mortal terror when cops start thumping you. They are well armed and obviously poorly trained..... What's not to be scared of?

Just watch some other police brutality videos, they show up on ATS about every other day. It is a problem.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShamilAbdullah
i just wrote the chief of police , who is also the head detective ? i informed him that this video will go viral along with other words about conduct , some of witch are probably not suited here on ats , feel free to do something

www.cityoffullerton.com...
edit on 9-5-2012 by ShamilAbdullah because: (no reason given)

I agree. This is probably the most horrible thing I have ever seen in my life! The law enforcement should be held to a much higher degree of penalty than the citizens who it has been entrusted to protect. Unfortunately these police officers will probably receive no REAL punishment at all because of their position. Please if you people really care about what you have seen and heard on this horrifying video than contact the city of fullerton and let them know. This incident was by God's Grace caught on tape but more than likely there have been others like it that were not. Please let your voice be heard about this issue if you really care as much as some of you say.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon
I have an idea.
You know how the people that advocate more surveilance of the masses always says that its not so bad since if you have nothing to hide it wont matter if you are constantly watched over by a camera somewhere.
Well, the police force are supposed to be the moral guardians of the society, they are trained and payed to separate right from wrong.
Why not survey them?
They arent supposed to have anything to hide.
They are the good guys remember?
Put one of them fancy little cams on their badge on the chest and require them by law to have it charged, uncovered and recording at all times when on patrol.
Ordinary people are expected to behave better moraly when they know they are under surveilance - Im sure the same psychological aspect applies to the police force.
If it failes to do so, at least we get good footage to use in court against the moraly corrupt.
Ordinary people and policemen alike.

Im pretty convinced a life would have been saved if they knew they was recorded while beeing busy putting it out in such a horrible way.
Once again, the police are the good guys, why would they ever refuse to be recorded when doing the morally correct job that we all pay them to do?

Today with the technology available the police should have to wear audio and video recording gear while they are on the job. I have though about this for several years but the tech was not available like it is today.

This would take all most all doubt about a situation. However, I don't believe police would agree since they have much to hide and their daily conversations on the job would lift the blue veil too much but just like all others , "If the police said no... then what do they have to hide? See it is a two way street.
edit on 9-5-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I can see exactly where you are coming from with those feelings, without a doubt.

USA is a very diverse country, built on immigrants from many different races and ethnic groups. This variety of different cultures has served as a dividing factor between the races here. It has also made it much easier for the police to control the general population as a whole.

We do seem to identify our white citizens as one segment, blacks another, asians, indian, etc. The problem is, we do not view all races as a united society. Many of us fail to stand up for members of a race that is not ours.

If we could ever come to the understanding we are all 1 species, then we would have much more control and influence over government workers (police, other Law Enforcement Employees).

Allowing these atrocities to continue against our neighbors may eventually lead to Americans rising against, demanding a stop to the brutality, and a change of rights afforded to police - reducing their overall ability to act above the law, denying cops the ability to develop the belief they are entitled to use any level of force when dealing with a suspectand there will be little to no consequences for their horrible actions.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

The problem is, the officers obviously didn't realize he was mentally ill and couldn't understand why he constantly kept fighting. You can clearly hear an officer say, "he must be on something" in the video. I don't think they understood how we was able to keep fighting, and you have to understand that it is their job to arrest him, and arresting him includes subduing him if he will not go quietly. Although the man continues to tell the officers he will calm down, he clearly never does. There is nothing in the video to suggest that the officers did anything to prolong his struggle-- they simply tried too hard to subdue him, and because he was mentally ill they didn't realize the mortal terror he was in. A rational person would have laid down, shut up, and been arrested long before absorbing the beating this guy received. Unfortunately, the man was not rational and therefore the beating merely exacerbated the situation. It really doesn't look or sound to me like the police intended to kill him-- unfortunately it just looks like they're less-than-intelligent gorillas who didn't understand the damage they
were doing to the guy.

I would be willing to bet that two orderlies in a hospital could have strapped into a bed without beating him at all....... As in, they wouldn't need to resort to BEATING HIM TO DEATH.

The police only know one way to impose their will on a person. They have been militarlized and think "force" is the only answer. These cops should be jailed and banned from owning any weapons. And this shows how useless in "preventing crime" surveilence cameras are. I wonder if there was a live feed to a monitoring facility where it was watched in real time as it happened?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And you're gonna get flamed friend. You really need to get your head examined if you believe that this guy got what he deserved, which is basically what you're suggesting by attempting to remove any blame whatsoever from those Officers.

Yeah sure, Of course he should have complied, he would still be alive. Putting the subject of his life aside, yes he should have complied because that is what you should do when Law enforcement tells you to. However, to suggest that he deserved the beating that he got is closer to mental illness than anything this cat did in order to resist.

That fat pig Ramos was out for blood from the very beggining. Anybody even know what the hell law this guy broke to begin with? If it was just loitering, you believe he deserved to die or at the very least be beaten? I don't know what the hell you're smoking bro, but I would wager that if you were in the same situation you would be singing a different tune. Let's say you were drunk, and you did not immediately comply, then you would deserve to be beaten and smothered by a bunch of power hungry A-Holes? I think not

Fact is, Those first two officers should have been able to easily subdue him, and if they could not then they were not properly trained. I believe Ramos just wanted to continue to batter his face instead of immediately cuffing him. Tell me something Einstein, why is it necessary for them to punch him in his face and head? Why??? They can poke his ribs with a stick, they can twist his arms, they can lay on top of him but why in the hell do you have to punch someone in their face? Equally unbelievable, Why was it even necessary to taze the guy? With 6 cops on him? Yep, you bumped your head alright my friend.

No, All Police officers are not bad, but look at the photos of that poor man in the hospital bro! What the hell is the matter with you? I suggest that you reconsider your position, or atleast call your first reply a rough draft. Unless of course you spend alot of time at Dunken Donuts.
~$heopleNation

edit on 9-5-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I wonder if there was a live feed to a monitoring facility where it was watched in real time as it happened?
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

There probably was. If so, there was a couple of cops watching the action, laughing about it.

Don't believe it? I have been a fly on the wall more than a few times around cops... and they laugh about things like this.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I can tell you this, cops have been doing messed up crap forever. I got pulled out of my sleeping bag off a trail in Georgia while on a cross country bike trip. By two freaking K-9's I barely escaped with my life. Bullies often wear badges and are attracted by the sense of power and adventure it gives them.

Those two cops I dealt with should have been shot, so should these two. No torture, no jail. They murdered an unarmed man and there is video proof. Doing violence like this as a cop when you can simply pin the skinny homeless guy down was beyond criminal, it was freaking SUB-HUMAN.

I am all for putting rabid dogs down........

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

You need to see the 33 minute video that was posted Monday...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You'll see there was a long period of compliance while one officer searched his bag. He had been forced to sit in uncomfortable positions for quite some time... I can see where having both your legs and hands out in front of you for over 5 minutes, you might lean back and rest your weight on your hands.

If you will read the transcripts that IronMonkey linked earlier on this topic, Kelly Thomas didn't think about running until AFTER the 1st cop pulled on his latex gloves and said to Kelly "Now you see my fists... they're getting ready to f**k you up" and the second cop had hit him with his baton.

Maybe Mr. Thomas had previously seen a video or heard a news story that made him believe that his life was truly in danger at this point... dunno, maybe. Can't imagine where he might have gotten that idea other than the stories you hear and see WEEKLY about some LEO doing this to somebody, somewhere.

Your reaction reminds me of the leos reaction when there was the public outcry over the Rodney King beatings. They just couldn't understand why people were so upset by what they had done, when they saw criminals do similar things on a daily basis. My thought at the time; the difference is, we hold law enforcement to a higher standard than the criminals, or we should. When I see things like this, it terrifies me if I get pulled over on a traffic stop.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is unfortunate, but it happens everyday, in every state. If you've never been roughed up by a police officer, then you probably are a police officer, or said officers could tell you could afford a lawyer.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Anonymous404 because: removing font tag.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It must have been a horrible feeling knowing that if you relaxed like they told you to, you would die, and if you didn't relax you could also die. A funny thing happens to the body when under threat of death, it starts to ignore the mind. I'm sure the guy wanted to relax the muscles keeping his chest from caving in, but his body would not let him. Once a man pointed a gun at me like he was going to kill me. My feet began to run without the command from my mind.
t

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

it is very disturbing. i just finished watching the entire 30 plus minutes already posted on yt. it is heart wrenching to hear him calling out to his dad. this certainly doesn't mean that all cops are like this. however, the brutality of the beating along with the continuous tasing, over a very long period of time...
there are more videos posted from bystanders. the man died 5 days later due to the injuries sustained. it is very hard to bury a child.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wow that was tough to watch. I remember hearing about this case sitting in the doctor's office waiting room. It's getting harder every day to not hate on cops. Those cops better get life.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

Why did the guy not simply comply with the Police officer's orders?

The fact in this case is that the dead guy battled the Police and lost. He got what he wanted.

Are you kidding me right now?

Are YOU kidding ME? Can I not have an opinion?

Sure, you can have an opinion.

Doesn't mean you are not wrong and sound moronic though. Unless you would like to show me the part where he was "resisting" with multiple fat pigs on his back beating him between his pleas of "i can't breathe," "I'm sorry," and calls for his dad.

Peace.
edit on 5-9-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

I saw a guy not obeying the orders given to him by an officer of the law.

Can you tell me, is it considered alright to disobey the law, and the law's officers, and to ''do whatever'' because you mistakenly believe you have a right to ''do whatever''?

Don't you see how the man was wrong?

What I saw was a mentally ill man trying to comply with the "oficers" and being treated in a manner which is quite unbelievable,the man was wrong? in the face of such sadism as displayed by those big brave policemen? There was a wrongdoing commited here alright and it certainly wasn't commited by the unarmed semi-naked mentally ill homeless man.
I don't think that I will ever get his heartrending plea to his dad for help out of my mind.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Living in a world where you feel unsafe or persecuted even when you're not doing anything wrong is pretty awful.

But America is not the only county with problems like this. If you want to see a video more graphic than this one check this out. This kid got his entire jaw blown off during the riots in Syria a couple months ago. Warning, this is wayyyy more graphic than the video this thread it for. Graphic enough that i'm posting it as a link rather than putting the video right on here. I can't even watch it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Obviously?If you bothered to read the article and do a small amount of research you would know that he was very well known by the cops and the locals.Its obvious atleast one of the 6 cops knew him.

Regards to all

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The video isn't as bad as people are making it out to be kinda stupid that everyone is making it out like it's a torture video. It's a shame what happened to him non the less and, the cops behind it should be fired and, charged.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join