It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video Of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released. Watch With Caution.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I was out once with friends, and after the night ended and everyone decided to go their seperate ways I was walking along on my own, when two bouncers from a nearby nightclub approached me and attacked me for no reason. It wasnt a bad beating as I was able to walk away, bit of a bloody nose that kind of thing. Five minutes later I pass these two policemen in the street, one of them laughs at me! I suggest that they both go down to said nightclub and ask why two of the gorillas on the door decided to attack me, a very slight dude, totally unprovoked, for no reason.
Their response was "What did you do to deserve it?" I replied "Nothing I just told you it was unprovoked. The next thing I knew, and this is true, one of the so-called officers of the law is laughing at me, and the other is accusing me of instigating trouble just for being beat up!

Long story short, they called a police car for "back-up" and I spent a night in the cells, all for being beaten up by two people I dont even know.

So you're absolutely right. They do laugh at this kind of thing, and they most certainly treat victims as criminals.

I will never trust another officer of the law in my life and would even be hesitant to call them if I needed to, purely because I have been victimised yet made to look like the criminal in the past.

It saddens me that we have to be so careful of who we trust today, ESPECIALLY in my experience those in uniform.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
Living in a world where you feel unsafe or persecuted even when you're not doing anything wrong is pretty awful.

But America is not the only county with problems like this. If you want to see a video more graphic than this one check this out. This kid got his entire jaw blown off during the riots in Syria a couple months ago.

That's because in America most police officers assume they're being videoed from either their dashcam, a camera posted on a light pole, or various cellphone cameras. If the judicial system allowed people to prosecute the unnamed police/military officer from Syria in their courts, they probably wouldn't be committing all of these crimes against humanity. There are more and more people recording what's happening over there because it's becoming easier to do so. If the masses all become journalists, watchdogs, then the officials will have to answer for their crimes.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillThePoor
Death penalty for the guilty cops and life in prison for the accomplices. I didn't watch the video because I don't want to see a man killed, especially by pigs. These cops need to be taught a lesson, which coincidently is something the cops use all time on "civilians." How often are charges trumped up or excessively harsh in punishment in order to "teach others" a lesson? Well, considering the explosive rate of police brutality we have been experiencing, I would advocate the ones who actually beat him to death get the death penalty and the accomplices get life in prison or at least two decades. I await xcathdra to rationalize the actions of these officers. I also have a family member who is a statie and if he beat someone to death like this I would also advocate the death penalty. If you are to be trusted with such absolute power these days, then you better be willing to pay the price when you abuse it and especially to the point where YOU decide to take someone's life. Teach the pigs a lesson they won't forget! Murder is murder or do cops get special treatment in this case like usual?

would say, it is same ole song and dance, maybe the lawyers make some money on it and the officers may be getting a promotion and get their own precinct in some other town, just to tell everyone in the public, don't worry we reprimanded them and terminated their service in the department, only to find out, that they are in yours or my town next and are, the new police chief or some other rank in the department, brought in to help fight crime and make sure no one else is homeless and not getting any police loving..sick uckers..

food not bombs another great organizational movement, that shows what is happening to our world, as who has the right to say, that you can't fight hunger and starvation and feed the people, ...same ones that says, it is okay to beat up and kill people, as this was not the first time and I recall seeing a homeless mentally ill, lady in West LA who they shot and killed cause she had a knife, in response to their aggression and behavior towards her...as complying with orders from a bunch of thugs with badges, who enforcement protocol is out of line, out of order and out of control.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I dont post often on here i mainly lurk but I had to with this. Its totally discusting. Its sickens me they managed to find a human being so morally vacant as to want to defend the officers. i watched the whole thing, wish i hadnt and i feel sick and teared up alot after a few minutes. totally wrong.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
I saw this earlier yesterday. I wish I hadn't watched it.
I cried.

I think I would have if I kept watching it, all I saw was 1 malnourished mentally ill man being held down by several cops and him saying "I'm sorry" and "I can't breathe" while they tased and beat him. F****ing disgusting. To protect and serve... themselves.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
And people actually have the nerve to ask me "why do you hate cops so much?"

There have been way too many fatalities involving innocent people and police officers in the last decade alone. I hope a group of people recognizes these guys on the street when they are off duty and does the same thing to them. Lets see how tough they are without their clubs and guns.

I think more and more people around the world are beginning to wake up and see that police officers aren't the saviors that they're made out to be. Look at some of these videos of the Occupy Wall Street protests for example. The protesters are getting more and more courage and think nothing of throwing large rocks and glass bottles. People are starting to realize that the civilians drastically outnumber them. It's only a matter of time...
edit on 9-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
To those saying he shouldnt have resisted....

Did you ever think that maybe he was fighting so hard because he was fighting for his life?

One cop even admitted that he just started bashing his face in with the butt of his tazer! Did you see the pool of blood? Did you see his ace? They took it way too far. Dangerous -to-society far. And when people are dangerous to society, they deserved to be locked up, but people dont deserve to die on the merritt that they didnt

He was begging them to stop hitting him, he knew they were trying to kill him (they succeeded didnt they?), he even said he couldnt breath (because they broke some of his ribs) and one cop even has the audacity to lament about being covered in blood!

I dont care if he was resisting! What these officers did to him was so incredibly vile. He didnt just get restrained! He had his face pushed in, his ribs crushed and his insides were bleeding. To excuse that is pretty scary, imo.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh, how I wish justice would be served and have inmates in jails have the opportunity to maul these officers. They deserve it, no doubt. This video is grueling to watch and it's absolutely disgusting that this kind of thing happens with people who the educational system teach their kids to look up to and obey without question.

Playing into propaganda.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

while i would certainly not agree all cops are like this, i would definitely say that the problem is systemic and not just isolated incidents involving bad apples. Its funny, because i wonder if the people who,use this excuse get tired of having to say it over and over again.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
From 1979 to 1982 I was a LE radio operator for a 10 department hook-up ouside a medium sized US city. I always worked from midnite till eight AM.

I could have vomited watching this video. I have a story to share and one opinion. I'm not wishing to cast doubt on LEO in general although that's what this post will eventually turn out to be. I believe (have to believe) that we have LEO that are strong and smart and compassionate. This poor man in the video was the helpless victim of so many LEO that it almost defies belief. Why did no one help this poor soul? Here's why.

In my role as radio operator I was also the turn-key for a 4 cell holding tank. Nobody ever gets put in a cell at noon -it always happens at night - late at night - and whoever is in the cell is in there until the arraignment the next morning. That happened at the County courthouse so the cops on duty the next shift would move the prisoner to the arraignment. As such, I saw a lot of scumbags that deserved to be moved to the next level: a lot of drunks who just couldn't keep their mouths shut; and a lot of guys just like the one in the video. Homeless, handicapped; and so far out of luck that they couldn't even remember what good luck even smelled like.

I had one of those last guys one night back in those days. The poor bastard had nothing and no place to go and the police would pick him up and throw him in a cell until the morning and then they would cut him loose. No harm, no foul.

The watch Commander came in late in the night - probably 4 AM, or so, when we had this poor guy in a cell. While I was the turn-key, the key was available for any of the LEO that wanted it. The watch Commander took the key, told me to watch, and opened the door.

This particular Commander was the epitome of LEO. He had everything - sap gloves, Colt Python, speed loaders. eletcric baton.

He opened the door to that cell and the drunk was on his back snoring. Of course this guy hadn't been an issue all night long. His mouth (the drunk's) was wide open.

The Commander pulled out the electric baton (cattle prod for those of us less sophisticated), stuck it in the drunk's mouth and pulled the trigger.The poor devil arched off the metal bench like somebody, ....well..., stuck a cattle prod in his mouth. The commander thought this was the funniest thing he had ever seen.

And he did it why? Because his father was a drunk who beat him up and every time he had the chance he paid every drunk back in spades.This same guy eventually became the Chief of Police iin this particular jurisdiction.

In my time working with LEO, I came to believe that only 10% of them should ever have access to a gun. The problem, to me, seemed worse the further you moved away from population centers. The city cops had seen all of the bad stuff and had a certain level of skill in dealing with it. The locals were all watching "Starsky and Hutch" and wondering why they never had the chance to shoot. Or beat.

And here is the real problem and my opinion and for Christ's sake I hope I'm wrong.

Out of the LEO we see in this video beating a completely helpless man to death, how many of them are "Oathkeepers".

You know, the ones that will protect us no matter what.

TQM

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

I bet you any amount of money they Get away lightly I just read on the LA times that the defence lawyer is trying to pin his death on the doctors not being able to get a breathing tube inserted!

Gee, I wonder why the doctor couldn't get the tube down his throat? Maybe because the defendants beat him senseless!!!!

I can't believe the response from that one poster who acted like this guy deserved it. Makes me sick that people can be so cold and heartless. ALL the cops involved should be held accountable, not just the 2. There is no excuse in this animalistic brutality. None what so ever.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Xaphan

while i would certainly not agree all cops are like this, i would definitely say that the problem is systemic and not just isolated incidents involving bad apples. Its funny, because i wonder if the people who,use this excuse get tired of having to say it over and over again.

Yes, I understand that not all cops are like this. But most are. And there seem to be more and more bad cops every year.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

look at those barbaric animals beating an unarmed man to death,it doesnt even shock me!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

If you think this man had a chance to actually comply with the officer's orders, then you don't understand what choke holds that create muscular atrophy can do or appear like. He obviously doesn't take good care of himself, but it ends there.

In the video he appears to be in at least two joint locks with pressure on his chest to slow his breathing. Anyone sufficiently trained in various wrestling disciplines can make your leg charley-horse on command. Mr. Kelly was in a similar situation, but with two choke/locks and being held down by at least five officers. At some point, he absolutely was NOT able to comply, even if he wanted to, due to the extreme pain and pressurized chokes he was in.

Shameful shameful conduct by the Fullerton PD. If you know Los Angeles as I do, Fullerton is no cake walk, but this guy is also no gangster.

All I really want to say is that all these officers ignored his 20+ pleas for help and he also said "Dad, they're killing me."

Police reform now. And remember, if you're an LEO, you are a person first a son or daughter with a mother or father. End RANT.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is YOUR conscious brood doing this. God is PISSED. You will pay. The sad thing is I know a good bit of people participating in this thread are even secretly laughing behind their eyes.

I will probably go the same way if you try this with me, fighting till the end.

Heres to you Kelly. I am so sorry my brother. I need you to look after me so I can help # these people up. I put this on my family and my all.

I wish there was more I could do than just post from the internet about it on some message board. It makes you feel so powerless.

edit on 9-5-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by XXX777

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by XXX777
Why did the guy not simply comply with the Police officer's orders?

The fact in this case is that the dead guy battled the Police and lost. He got what he wanted.

Are you kidding me right now?

Are YOU kidding ME? Can I not have an opinion?

Sure, you can have an opinion.

Doesn't mean you are not wrong and sound moronic though. Unless you would like to show me the part where he was "resisting" with multiple fat pigs on his back beating him between his pleas of "i can't breathe," "I'm sorry," and calls for his dad.

I see this clearly for what it is.
Pigs taking advantage of a homeless person in order to get off on their superiority complex.
"HELP US, 3 OF US FAT BASTARDS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO CUFF ONE 170lb MAN. WE NEED AT LEAST 3 MORE OF YOU!"
edit on 5-9-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

It was a ritual murder to trap one of the officers souls. He was a non conscious human and made the kill shot. They tricked him into bed with the devil. Now he will become one of them and be haunted for eternity. Slime.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

Shocking Video Of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released. Watch With Caution.

www.pixiq.com

The city surveillance video that showed a group of Fullerton police officers beating a homeless mentally ill man to death last year was finally released today, laying to rest any argument that Kelly Thomas was a threat to officers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

OMG, somebody should have called the police or something!

-rrr

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join