It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Reactor 4 Could Unleash 85 times Cesium-137 Radiation; Human Civilization on the Brink

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why isn't Japan (the nuclear power regulators) and or the nuclear generating plants owners/builders/operators in civil court being sued for TRrillion$ of dollars ???

Theyu are in essence denying millions of locals and the world community their human rights to live fruitful lives... their oversight allows the whole northern hemisphere to get contaminated, live frightened lives, and DIE for the sake of easy electrical power at the flip of a switch in one island nation !

perhaps there needs to be a total demolition of all nuclear power generating sites in Japan... let 'em live like the Amish---- which a ain't a bad idea for the rest of the G-20 and other 'developed' countries

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Nyteskye

I believe everything you say, except that it's a danger to civilization, and that saying it is isn't "fear mongering".

Over 55 million people are thought to die each year....that's over a billion people in 20 years....yet this (very high estimate) of a potential of 85 million is going to screw everything up?

How's the land and species doing close to Chernobyl?? Last I heard it was thriving, and evolving at a crazy fast rate!

Not to say this would be a good thing, but ...c'mon now...what you're saying, a danger to civilization? Yeah, that's fear-mongering.

No, it's not. People never stop to think of the other side effects. What do you think would happen if all the farmland in North America were to be irradiated at that level? What about Europe? The thing people keep forgetting in all this, is that we're not just talking about direct deaths from exposure. We're talking about poisoning the very parts of the planet they keep us alive. That's the threat to civilization.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's calculated into the estimates

Not enough to cause the damage you're talking about..

Sorry!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by amongus

Do you really consider this site to be a totally reliable source of news?

There is no such thing! Seek your news from all available sources, unless of course you lack common sense!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

This reminds me of the argument that was thrown around back when Fukushima first happened. The BS about you'd get the same amount of radiation exposure from a cross country flight, as if somehow on-going, internal exposure to radionuclides was the same thing.

If this were to happen, and day in, day out, people in the northern hemisphere were exposed to radiation in their food, water and air, I think you'd find those estimates would prove to be woefully low-balled.

But you can keep on giving me smiley happy faces and telling me I'm wrong (which I wish I was). Unfortunately, with the way TEPCO and the Japanese government have been handling this entire disaster, I have a feeling we may yet see who turns out to be right or wrong.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Nyteskye because: grammar

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Let's just hope that there is no danger from al this and we are just fear mongers on ATS

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
reply to post by Ben81

I would gladly take a family from Japan and offer them my home. This is a human being problem and the people of Japan are my fellow human beings. I would have no problem giving them a roof over their head and a chance at a new life. I'm sure I am not alone in feeling this way. If only a few would step up we would have no problem moving 120 million people.

Take that same sentiment and turn it towards a homeless family right there in your home town. Are you willing to do that ? That is where your heart should be.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Nah, you're just trying to make my debating points into something it's not. Sorry, I'm not falling for any of it.

There is simply not enough radioactive material on site to cause as much damage as you say, regardless of how, or when it's dispersed. Prove me wrong and I'll retract the statement and publically apologize.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Finally.

I mean seriously. At what point can we begin to live like normal people in a post-apocalyptic war zone?

We trained for this. We have ALL the flashlights now.

Then we wouldn't have to go to work.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gedo:Rinne Tensei

Humanity is not about one person.However,every person counts,and important equally.

You can save humanity if the human consciousness is on a level that indicates that.
And such actions can be carried out by individual aliens,if they recognize that we are globally ripe for it.

In the End everybody will be measured,not just by his current life.

Let's assume there is reincarnation...
And you were a murderer in you previous life and now you are a saint in this life.

Do you think its fair if the higher intelligence (God,aliens,angels.karma,etc) choose you to save now, yet others were saint and good in a previous life and now they are killers in the current times?
And they discriminate by that?

Its not about just now and not about just one person.

Its about an era,made by you and many soul.

Let's not assume anything. Especially that you can mix reincarnation in with the truth of the Bible. Then you end with exactly what you have arrived at. A total misconception. So it's either one of the other according to the common sense that there can only be one truth.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
You know, there is something kinda funny about this. If it's true, imagine what would happen if American's found out. They would start running south. So the illegal immigration problem would literally be reversed.

As for the OP, well, we'll see I guess. I don't trust a lot of the things people say here because they have never come to pass.

We would call it Occupy Mexico
. Seriously though if we had to move south Mexico would become the 51st state. Not really much they could do to stop US Army from taking over litterally over night.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by unityemissions

reply to post by amongus

I don't get your point. The media loves disasters, it's how they boost their rating etc. I really don't understand the benefit to them for not reporting it.

I'm of the belief that although the corporation loves their ratings to go up preying on peoples fears, there's a point that things get "too real" for them to be able to report. At some point, enough panic stirring the people would likely be deemed a matter of "national security". I believe that media blackouts, or brownouts happen from time to time.

Fair enough. So then cite an example of an event so ground breaking as this that was covered up in the past. Please, keep it to events that could occur everyday, not Roswell etc.

September 11, 2001

Sept 11 was a news event that was covered up? How is it you know something happened on that day? Oh yeah, it was all over the news for weeks and weeks on end.
Now I know you are talking about the 9/11 conspiracy but the question was name an event that was covered up and you say 9/11. It wasnt covered up. It was live and in our faces.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos
reply to post by amongus

Why that words.
Man... English is not my native language
I learned english recently, still learning.
Anyway. How u havea valid argument.
Learn. Sentence..blahblah
Bye bye poopypants

Well, you got poopy pants correct. Your well on your way.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So how many nuclear plants are there in the world? Only one gets effed up and it can end the world for us?!?!?!
WTF is the point in even using ANY of them then??????????????????????
If there that dangerous then whats there point, if at some time its pretty obvious a natural disaster will occur and blow up one(break it whatever happens) at some point..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Saying America is doomed because there is soo much cesium is like saying Everybody is gonna die, because there are so many guns and ammo in America. Only because there are more bullets than citizens does not mean every citizen is going to have a bullet going off in his face.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Nope.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
they need to bag the stuff up, and send it to the sun. Enough said.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

That is the main problem with this.. Ive told my friends about this countless times and every time their reaction is, "That Sucks" then they proceed to argue about sports teams as if all is good in the world.. Out of all my friends only about 2 are actually aware of the things that go on in this world, the other laugh or ignore it when you tell them about all the disasters and things going on in the world, I swear people just do not care unless its hitting them at home.

Pretty sad really, I try to inform people all the time and they never research it for themselves or even give me the time of day.. I know it sounds messed up but Im starting to think a large majority of people just dont deserve the life they have been given, they care not for the well being of their fellow man but only for the enjoyment of themselves.. It makes me sick to see people not even bat an eye at something that could kill millions of people and render a large portion of Japan uninhabitable for centuries... Just as long as people have their tv,food and sports they could care less who dies and who lives.. sad world

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The fate of the world now rests on reactor No. 4

“It is no exaggeration to say that the fate of Japan and the whole world depends on No.4 reactor.” - Mitsuhei Murata, Former Japanese Ambassador to Switzerland and Senegal, Executive Director, the Japan Society for Global System and Ethics

Mr. Murata’s stunning statement should be front-page news everywhere around the world. Why? Because he’s right. If reactor No. 4 suffers even a minor earthquake, it could set off a chain reaction of events that quickly lead to North America becoming uninhabitable by humans for centuries to come. Imagine California, Oregon and Washington states being inundated with radiation — up to 85 times the radiation release from Chernobyl. We’re talking about the end of human life on the scale of continents.

Here’s how this could happen, according to Mr. Robert Alvarez, former Senior Policy Adviser to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for National Security and the Environment at the U.S. Department of Energy:

“The No. 4 pool is about 100 feet above ground, is structurally damaged and is exposed to the open elements. If an earthquake or other event were to cause this pool to drain this could result in a catastrophic radiological fire involving nearly 10 times the amount of Cs-137 released by the Chernobyl accident. The infrastructure to safely remove this material was destroyed as it was at the other three reactors. Spent reactor fuel cannot be simply lifted into the air by a crane as if it were routine cargo. In order to prevent severe radiation exposures, fires and possible explosions, it must be transferred at all times in water and heavily shielded structures into dry casks. As this has never been done before, the removal of the spent fuel from the pools at the damaged Fukushima-Dai-Ichi reactors will require a major and time-consuming re-construction effort and will be charting in unknown waters.”

edit on 7-5-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Ben81

Nope.

You are a funny Girl

Since this is not a comedy club
can we get back on the number 4 reactor topic
the consequences it can have to the world have no words
dont tell me you are not worried about the millions who will become eventualy ill
radiation are slow killer depending on the dose
edit on 5/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join