Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Fukushima Reactor 4 Could Unleash 85 times Cesium-137 Radiation; Human Civilization on the Brink

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+28 more 
posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Fukushima reactor No. 4 vulnerable to catastrophic collapse; could unleash 85 times Cesium-137 radiation of Chernobyl; human civilization on the brink

The news you are about to read puts everything else in the category of "insignificant" by comparison. Concerned about the 2012 U.S. presidential election? Worried about GMOs? Fluoride? Vaccines? Secret prisons? None of that even matters if we don't solve the problem of Fukushima reactor No. 4, which is on the verge of a catastrophic failure that could unleash enough radiation to end human civilization on our planet.

We dont realise how bad this is compare to chernobyl
because they dont talk about it anymore on TV .. so it must be all good

The reactor was constructed in the pacifique ocean
it mean the entire sea will be toxic for a long time
contaminating the rain that will make a dead wasteland inhabitable

The resulting releasing of radiation would turn North America into a "dead zone" for humans... mutated (and failed) crops, radioactive groundwater, skyrocketing infant mortality, an explosion in cancer and infertility... this is what could be unleashed at any moment from an earthquake in Japan. Such an event could result in the release of 85 times the Cesium-137 released by the Chernobyl catastrophe, say experts (see below). And the Chernobyl catastrophe made its surrounding regions uninhabitable by humans for centuries.

Again we dont realise in our daily life yet how bad it will affect us
I dont know if the number 4 reactor explode .. how much time we have till it become worst

Prepare for Radioactive Fallout From Japanese Reactors

The fate of the world now rests on reactor No. 4
"It is no exaggeration to say that the fate of Japan and the whole world depends on No.4 reactor." - Mitsuhei Murata, Former Japanese Ambassador to Switzerland and Senegal, Executive Director, the Japan Society for Global System and Ethics

Link

The situation is extremely grave and yet the government choose to deny all the risks

They are willing to sacrify thousand and millions in the west coast (first affected)
to avoid panic .. people dont buy when they panic

They should at least try their best and start to tell the truth
about how bad it can really get if the Reactor number 4 explode

What is the only thing that could clean all the mess now ? .. anyone have an answer ?

If some Aliens saw what we did .. their first idea to clean this mess would be to Terraform Earth

edit on 5/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The aliens would terraform the planet right after they wiped us off for screwing this place up

+24 more 
posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i know this is a conspiracy site
but really,do aliens have to be brought up in every topic

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i'm starting to think the whole thing was done on purpose, just a war strat, kill of america slowly in the long run and start making them get more desprate to try to branch out every year

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by reclaimed

It's called Tsoukalos's Law: It's always aliens.

On topic though, it concerns me that the news outlets (however full of crap they may be) are not covering this. You would think that something of this magnitude would trump what Kim Kardashian did at Walmart or who the next Celebrity Apprentice will be.

Is there a reputable news source that is covering this that you guys could link to? Would like to keep informed.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by reclaimed
i know this is a conspiracy site
but really,do aliens have to be brought up in every topic

Just a though

Since we dont know how to clean up now .. way to late for that
The only thing that could restore earth in its full glory
is by terraform it

Its the only thing now that can restore balance
hope they have some big ships for us before they do that
and guess what .. they have some big ships

Do we diserve to be saved now .. imagine yourself at their place
though choice to save the species who ruined the entire planet like parasites
that destroy everything on its way without caring for mother nature itself

I have bring rhe Alien subject in because we are close to the 21 december
if they return like so many prophecy says . they will see how bad we did to Earth

Just a though

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Maybe it goes on just like plan and this global harikiri is the needed extinction event
that had to come for those who don't want to share the same air as the simple mortal.
When this cataclysm had happened Russia offered resettlement to the entire
Japanese population but it was rejected.

Are you saying that even they had resettled to Russia and so on for the most part of us it is anyway to late so only the elite has chance now?
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I think the problem with this post is we're expecting some external event to come along and hold our hands. As long as this is the case, it will never happen. Aliens or not.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousCosmos
reply to post by Ben81

I think the problem with this post is we're expecting some external event to come along and hold our hands. As long as this is the case, it will never happen. Aliens or not.

Then we would need to find solution and be more conservative
going outside without protective suits will be a priority in the futur
it will be a priority soon to adjust to the new environment of being surrounded by radiation

People will live in transparent plastic bubble to grow gardens
humans will always find a way to accomodate itself

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think of reactor #4 all the time, its in my
nightmares. Its just a matter of time before
an earthquake occurs and we are cooked
when it does.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Heh, it's payback / karma. We nuked japan in the 1940's, now their nuclear waste will contaminate and kill us... ironic.

In all seriousness, this is bad. And this will take centuries to get the plant fixed and safe again, if at all. All the mean while it's spewing deadly radiation until it's fixed.

We're talking centuries to fix this, people. Maybe even longer. As an example, there's a nuclear plant near me that they shut-down in 1976. It's now 2012, and they still don't expect the plant to be fully decommissioned and safe until 2026. That's fifty years! And this is a plant that had nothing bad happen to it, just one they wanted to stop using because it was older technology. Now imagine fukishimi... it's crippled. It's going to take at least 100x the money, manpower, and willpower to get the plant shut offline.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I think of reactor #4 all the time, its in my
nightmares. Its just a matter of time before
an earthquake occurs and we are cooked
when it does.

The Japanese are very courageous
but at this point they should evacuate the entire island
Sadly they dont have other places to go
no one can displace 125 millions peoples

Radiations will impact them very much and then America
some will be born with difformities like in chernobyl (google for pic) ..
will be hard to grow food that is not contaminated

Reactor number 4 will not only be a nightmare to them not to say doomsday
but it will make the entire planet very toxic for hundred of yrs
I could never imagine in my life how things would be so critical before the big 2012 date

I have great hope for the 21 december .. still unsure precisely what will happen
but for once it will be something good

Take care Daisy
dream of good changes to come soon

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Chernobyl Legacy ... Need to See

Warning .. Graphic Images
Discretion Advise

In Japan the population is enormous for the land they have
There is no where to run

God Bless Japan and the Chernobyl victims
the contaminated land will affect all futur generations

Five Hundred Years will not be enought
The radioactive stuff will stay there for a long time

They though this energy was clean .. they knew the risk of this so called clean energy
the risk was for the entire planet and the 6 billions of humans

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Once you start researching the plant before the reactors were built, through their completion, you realize that this all could have been prevented. Yet it wasn't, because profits and cost were put above safety and human lives. There were people who spoke up, but it didn't help change any minds. And these same people have been treating the problem by ignoring it. How stupid are these people? I mean really...Instead of facing the civil, criminal, and financial consequences, and getting something done, it seems they would rather just kill everyone off...So smart.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is such a dreadful situation. I had a facebook conversation with a controversial public figure who has his own show. He said that the S hits the F when reactor 4 crashes to the ground, and then the whole northern hemisphere will be contaminated, with eventual deaths in the billions.

I said that I had bought various things, and am trying to be prepared, and he said it was useless, that if reactor 4 falls down, all I would be doing is prolonging a very painful death from radiation poisoning. When I said that I have a shotgun if it ever comes to that, he backed off and said he didn't want to say anymore to upset people.

Yet I have questions....I bought a book a few months ago, called "Nuclear War Survival Skills", in which the author argues that Russia has been educating its population for many decades now that nuclear war and fallout is survivable if you know what to do. The book shows how to build shelters, how to filter air and water, etc, and it argues that it is indeed survivable.

Then I wonder about the two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan in the 1940s. Yes, tens of thousands of people died, some right away, some a few days later, some years later from cancer, yet there were many that survived.

Is there something different about the reactor 4's MOX fuel that makes it more deadly than a couple of atomic bombs? Anybody out there somewhat knowledgeable about nuclear physics that could help me out here?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Mayor: “I’m losing my hair and have nosebleed everyday… I asked for blood test at a hospital in Tokyo because I’m exposed, but they refused it

On April 25, YAMATANI Eriko, Member of the House of Councillors (National Diet of Japan) read an interview with Katsutaka Idogawa, mayor of Futaba, translated by Fukushima Diary

[...] Japanese government submit SPEEDI data to US and concealed it from Japanese people. Even now, SPEEDI data is not given to Futaba town.

[...] We were not even informed of venting.

[...] I’m losing my hair and have nosebleed everyday. The other day, I asked for blood test at a hospital in Tokyo because I’m exposed but they refused it. We were even exposed and there is even no treatment, or proper inspection. Medical check up for Fukushima citizens are not detailed enough either.

Its getting worst and people are dying has we speak
Why would the government hide such capital informations
its a crimes deny these infos to the population

Its not to late for them to be moved from the affected region
but if the reactor number 4 blows up even if you are at the oposite side of the island
it will not mathers

Where else can they go ??? China ? or ..
over the pacafic to the West coast of the US ?

I would Condemn the entire Island of Japan

The 2 US nukes were nothing compare to what happening now in term of radiations

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I've been reading loads on all this the past few days but so far have not come across any kind of map that has a stab at predicting where the radioactive particles would travel globally in the event this all blows big-time. IE if number 4 collapses, this will cause the plant to be abandoned and it's probable the whole place will go up and start releasing it's stuff, including the MOX fuel.

I'm in the UK and although 6 thousand miles away yet most articles are warning of planet-wide catastrophe. Does anyone have a clue what levels of radiation we'd get in different parts of the world ? No article I've come across mentions dispersion rates, expected concentration levels, etc. Nor how long we might have after exposure before we get diagnozed with cancer, or do people start dropping dead sooner ? I understand the 85 times more than Chernobyl but has anyone seen a map or read something that discusses the ROUTE this will take around the globe ? It's just too general , the info about this. Articles say get out of the Northern Hemisphere but do not breakdown the reasons WHY, ie what to expect.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I just find it a little odd that not a single person is skeptical of all of this.

Why is nobody saying " No, Fukushima is not a problem anymore and this is just sensationalist fear mongering" and then providing some source that supposedly disproves the thread.

I know this is in all reality a serious situation and should be something to be concerned about but I expect at least a little skepticism.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
I just find it a little odd that not a single person is skeptical of all of this.

Why is nobody saying " No, Fukushima is not a problem anymore and this is just sensationalist fear mongering" and then providing some source that supposedly disproves the thread.

I know this is in all reality a serious situation and should be something to be concerned about but I expect at least a little skepticism.

If you are reading all the articles coming and and listening to what the scientists in the field are saying, then you will understand why this is a very real possibility with a high chance of actually happening !! Not sure of the death projections but I like to assume respected nuclear physicists /engineers know something more than you or I do, so would gather their figures to be based on thorough understanding of all the sciency stuff we don't really grasp ?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

people dont buy when they panic

I humbly disagree.

(Story about radiation panic spurring drug sales).
www.fiercepharma.com...

(Story about Y2K panic causing a surge in food sales).
www.deseretnews.com...

(Story about panic over the Japan earthquake causing the sale of bunkers to skyrocket).
money.cnn.com...

(Story about panic over a gas shortage keeping a country out of a recession).
www.telegraph-news.com...

But yea... I understand what you were getting at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join