It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Reactor 4 Could Unleash 85 times Cesium-137 Radiation; Human Civilization on the Brink

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Mike Adams owns Naturalnews which is not a non-profit. He states he takes no pay but is a well know holistic medicine activist, former Scientologists (who still defends them) and all around quack in my opinion. He's opposed to eating cooked foods and all medicine of any kind.

RationalWiki article about him and that site.

I will start to believe this once a member of the associated press puts it out there.

Prepare to wait if you are waiting for the MSM bud......

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nuclear weapons and energy should have been left alone from the start.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Mike Adams owns Naturalnews which is not a non-profit. He states he takes no pay but is a well know holistic medicine activist, former Scientologists (who still defends them) and all around quack in my opinion. He's opposed to eating cooked foods and all medicine of any kind.

RationalWiki article about him and that site.

I will start to believe this once a member of the associated press puts it out there.

The Wall Street Journal blog touched upon the reactor 4 issue. They just left out the doomsday worries that Wyden and Gunderson and others have been talking about. The threat is entirely real, but people will disagree as to what the death figures might be and what it will mean for the planet if this all kicks off.

WSJ link

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
This isnt a joke.... Is the idea of erecting a large lead sealed enclosure around the recators out of the question?

And as for the ground below it, we know how to build tunnels, right? So why not completly enclose these reactors in sealed lead walls? Just wondering the feesibility of somthing like that.

We need to stop debating wether this is a problem or not and start thinking of solutions to a solvable problem.

Hrmm...you got me thinking here...just thinking out loud here, I know this sounds crazy but what if...

what if we planned a deliberate sinkhole of sorts? Tunnel under the plant, and set up lead floors and walls or something. Then deliberately tunnel the dirt under the plant so the whole plant falls into the lead "bucket." Then fill it with concrete or whatever and put a lead lid on it? I mean, lead may be unwieldy and heavy, but it is common and in abundance...could something along these lines work?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

22 minutes ago
Magnitude: 5
DateTime: Monday May 7 2012, 18:59:46 UTC
Region: Near East Coast Of Honshu, Japan
Depth: 5 km

There are earthquakes in Japan all the time. They are not much of a concern. It was specifically the tsunami that caused the power issues and subsequent meltdown. I doubt any earthquake, unless it's a direct hit on the plant, would have much of an effect, even on a damaged plant. Tsunamis are the much bigger concern. So will there be another massive earthquake off the coast of Japan? Eventually. In the next even say, 10 years? Probably unlikely. Let's hope this last one released much the tension it had built up since the last huge earthquake / tsunami, 100 years back.

I am not fearing a massive worldwide loss of life over this. However, I still think it's very irresponsible to think a 30 foot pile of rocks or sand is going to prevent it from happening again. They need to step up to the plate.. take responsibility... and accept help, and get it stabilized as quickly as possible.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm going to take my best crack at answering as many people's questions as I can in one go, so stay with me I will try to make this easy to manage and as quick as possible with enough data to satisfy.

I've seen this one a few times, and in reality the reason they can not tell you what areas will be affected first, or last or how " Bad " They will be hit is because for the most part, Radioactive material will be spread by Airstreams, Sea currents, rain, and winds. Some of these are easily predictable and again, based on any given conditions the easiest answer is the northern hemisphere, although it is entirely probable the radiation from fukushima will reach every nook and cranny around the globe. IF the nuclear material is exposed to air and catches fire it will melt down, releasing enormous amounts of radiation into the surrounding air, if it rains the water vapour will carry radioactive material back up into the clouds, which can later be rained down anywhere around the globe. The same goes for the ocean, water running into the ocean will pick up radioactive particles and through ocean currents end up really anywhere!

this is a general idea, weather changes mind you...

Now, for MOX Fuel. Here is a Wiki, where I will gather most of my info for this reply. I will try to keep it simple, and what is pressing to this situation how ever I suggest you check out the link and give it a read for yourself.
MOX FUEL
MOX fuel is a blend of surplus weapons grade plutonium and natural uranium, depleted uranium or reprocessed uranium, it's basically a convenient way to get rid of " Excess" plutonium as well as cut corners on enriching uranium. MOX Fuel Burns Hotter and faster than typical Uranium fuel, the plutonium contained in MOX decays faster than uranium, releasing more radiation with a shorter halflife but produces another isotope which is more radioactive with a much longer half life. Summed, up in laymens, MOX fuel is more volatile when exposed to Air which could lead to quicker melt down/explosion more radiation, and more danger than LEU Fuel. I tried to break it down in quick points that are of concern. MOX fuel has the potential to release more radiation as well as form more radioactive isotopes that as well release more radiation the LEU fuel.

I can not even believe someone said this but I will give my two cents anyways, don't feed the trolls. WE can not nuke, a radioactive material spill. This would simply take a Meltdown which is a slower process with extremely dangerous amounts of radiation and the potential to devastate Earth's ecosystem and make the process instantaneous. Atomic bomb, + 1600 fuel rods = Atomic bomb spraying those rods obliterated into single molecules all around the globe in minutes as opposed to years. It would still take just as long for the fall out to kill you from the instant bomb blast Dispersal( unless you're with in the effects of the initial blast), as it would the melt down scenario. It would just be a good ol US of A version of a dirty bomb.

Why can't we place a concrete Sarcophagus over the fukushima site? Well, I suppose we could but the sarcophagus would have to be ohhhhh 85times thicker, as well the heat produced by 85times the amount of fissile material may not allow the concrete to set successfully, and today The chernobyl sarcophagus is falling apart and that quick fix isn't gonna hold out forever. Two different disasters can not be solved with the same band aid. Would you use a band-aid to reattach a limb?? As well, the cracked leaky containment "pond" holding all the fuel rods is on one of the upper floors of a building that is barely standing under it's own weight, how do we pour millions of tons of concrete over it with out compromising the structure and potentially exposing a fuel rod to air which would cause a fire and or potentially an explosion. Nuclear fuel has to remain submerged in water at all times, or else it will react with the air very violently. As well, there poses the same risks as chernobyl. Who wants to die to go near the plant let alone try to work over top of it to try and encase the fuel, secure the structure of the building and make sure the fuel is in the center of several hundred to several thousands of feet of concrete. Oh, and you'd have to get all that concrete to the site in question. I'm not trying to be harsh or come off rude, but these are real issues one would face trying to deal with it like chernobyl. Not to mention, most people know what radiation is and that it will kill you. Many of those that perished at chernobyl had no idea what they were in for.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hmhmhmmm coockie dude..
If hm, that must be it.
Check illuminati card game, olympics,
Combined disasters,
It is not a london big ben,
Its a japan mino clock tower,
Hohoho

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos
Hmhmhmmm coockie dude..
If hm, that must be it.
Check illuminati card game, olympics,
Combined disasters,
It is not a london big ben,
Its a japan mino clock tower,
Hohoho

Go back to GLP troll.....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
reply to post by Ben81

Hey OP what if they where to use liquid nitrogen to cool this reactor? that stuff is cold, why not, that seems do able and should keep cost down.

Thanks gramps, enenews.com...

edit on 7-5-2012 by mytheroy because: added link from Gramps post

They covered Chernobyl with ciment because it was build on the ground .. easier to cover
now even nuked or buried will not change a thing

People dont realise that this plant was build in a place of great risk but low cost
because they have the ocean beside

There is no way humanly possible to stop Fukushima
its very grave now .. but we can manage it so far (time will tell)
but if the number 4 reactor explode .. then Its over for the entire Island of Japan
most of the world will have radiation censor going beep beep beep
where ever you walk .. if you dont turn your little machine off .. it will be beep beep beep
i will not speculate how bad we will be hurt in North America
hope we will not turn like the ghouls in the movie 'The Divide"
getting skinny .. losing more hair etc ..

So People can understand more clearly .. if this last reactor goes
imagine a world where hundred nuclear bombs rain down on Earth
it will create the same kind of wasteland .. without the craters

edit on 5/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
Nuclear weapons and energy should have been left alone from the start.

We could all live selfsufficiant with clean energy that have no risks

Every house having solar and wind generators for electricity
adding a bio waste engine for the methane production
its even possible to run a truck with a oven that burns all kind of thing like wood in particular

Why continu to be dependant of the big industries
we already have the technologies .. only a few are starting to have green houses
everyone should have that by now .. and looks where we are now
we have fail to become like that because the governement controls much of our lifes

Time to wake up and be selfsufficiant

What Life Would Be Like RIGHT NOW If We Werent Controlled Like ZOMBIES ? .. A True Heaven

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

1 im nota troll
2 i dont know what is glp
3 that info it pop in my head so i consider to write it here.
If that bother you please disregard this. And continue with life as is never happeneed

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Ben81

Aliens ! You people buying into that BS don't even understand what you are really hoping for. Despite how pathetic it is in the first place. Your minds have to be baked, if you're seriously hoping that hells minions
a.k.a." aliens from outer space " are going to show up and save us from what ?

Ourselves ? Wouldn't that be detrimental to thier intelligence ? I mean no.1. You can't save anyone or anything from themselves. It's literally impossible. If your will is to exterminate yourself ? Or if you're to stupid to survive in a world where survival is exceedingly possible ?

You can't be saved. Furthermore anyone who would try, would be just as stupid.

Aliens %$^& aliens. Maybe the antichrist will save us ?

I suggest you make your peace with God people. Do you even have a clue who was called Savior ?
edit on 7-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Humanity is not about one person.However,every person counts,and important equally.

You can save humanity if the human consciousness is on a level that indicates that.
And such actions can be carried out by individual aliens,if they recognize that we are globally ripe for it.

In the End everybody will be measured,not just by his current life.

Let's assume there is reincarnation...
And you were a murderer in you previous life and now you are a saint in this life.

Do you think its fair if the higher intelligence (God,aliens,angels.karma,etc) choose you to save now, yet others were saint and good in a previous life and now they are killers in the current times?
And they discriminate by that?

Its not about just now and not about just one person.

Its about an era,made by you and many soul.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

ummm, the planet is terreformed already. Dont you see trees outside your windows? Do you breath oxygen? Yep just what I thought.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I don't get your point. The media loves disasters, it's how they boost their rating etc. I really don't understand the benefit to them for not reporting it.

link   
Funny how none of this makes the "real" news huh ? Wonder where those reports are?

link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
i'm starting to think the whole thing was done on purpose, just a war strat, kill of america slowly in the long run and start making them get more desprate to try to branch out every year

Whats the use? they'd be dead themselves too

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus
This disaster was deliberately caused by the extremely negative faction of the Power Elite, the Babylonian Brotherhood. Why should the entire human race, who have been enslaved by them for thousands of years, be held responsible for this?

What's happening here is the final test humanity will face before being released from their control and suppression of advanced technology, including free energy that does no harm to the planet, so that we can advance to the next level of human evolution: Fully awakened human consciousness and full contact with our human brethren across the entire galaxy and innumerable galaxies beyond.

This world is not going to end, but it sure is going to be tested. In grade school, you don't graduate unless you pass the finals. You don't settle all the issues of good and evil and become Gods without rigorous testing. Satan can and will be overcome.
edit on 7-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

Wow really? I thought this was caused by a totally natural earthquake followed by an equally natural tsunami. Who knew ??? I really need to get those hip boots.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Can we please have some rational thought behind this whole thing?

85X the cesium-137 as Chernobyl. Did Chernobyl kill 10+ million
No. So why are people jumping to billions dying off...civilization collapsing ??

It makes no damned sense. This is fear-mongering. Show me the data, and I'll retract my statement.

From what I've gathered, anywhere from 10,000-less than 1 million have died as a result of Chernobyl, and that's after a generation or so of the radiation circling the world, and seeping into the water and food supply.

Let's take the highest figure..round it off to a cool million. Okay, so 85 million potential deaths, over 20 or so years....civilization will be sustainable in this situation...and it's probably not even close to as bad as this.

Get real, ATS.
edit on 7-5-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

I don't get your point. The media loves disasters, it's how they boost their rating etc. I really don't understand the benefit to them for not reporting it.

I'm of the belief that although the corporation loves their ratings to go up preying on peoples fears, there's a point that things get "too real" for them to be able to report. At some point, enough panic stirring the people would likely be deemed a matter of "national security". I believe that media blackouts, or brownouts happen from time to time.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Then this website will be a great resource for you to educate yourself on the matter.

You can't believe that CNN, fox news, abc, CBS wouldn't report such a thing?

I look forward to your awakening........
edit on 7-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join