It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Allenb83

He was kind...he could also tell because he did not agree with guy, that the guy was going to keep trolling.

Sometimes you have to walk away before they bait you.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Just want to note that in the OP I did not see one single thing Mitt Romney would do to fix the country. Everything that was listed was a political talking point. There are no solutions there. When Ron Paul says I'll fix the economy, he follows that phrase with a specific outline of the things that needed to be changed or implemented in order to achieve that goal. I don't agree with everything Paul says, but he at least explains what he means to do without using political talking points. Perhaps that is because he actually believes what he says, instead of Mitt Romney who just panders to what ever audience happens to be listening. I urge you to really look at what his solutions are. They go no deeper than talking points. You should realize, visiting a conspiracy site, that Romney is exactly the same as Obama, exactly the same as Bush, exactly the same as Clinton, and so on. The man is a professional politician whose previous job was buying businesses and dismantling them. He was a job destroyer and one of the most superficial celebrities I've seen in a long time. At least Obama could get away with saying he believes in the Constitution because he was a Constitutional lawyer. (Despite him walking all over it in practice.)

I urge you to try and find ANY information delving into an in-depth explaination of exactly how he plans to accomplish any one of his stated goals. I bet you there are none because he is just pandering to you. He has an entire staff dedicated to only finding out what each audience wants to hear. His every speech is custom tailored to each different audience he goes to. He is a professional politician and will only tell you whatever you want to hear in order to get elected. His team scientifically knows exactly what to say. You also know he is a Mormon. I suggest you look up what they stand for and believe. They didn't allow blacks to fully participate in their church until 1978 and basically relegated them to sitting in on sermons only. On a comical note, in 1978 some sort of leader of the church magically got a message from god saying blacks were cool now and could join the church properly. lol The point I'm trying to make is that mormons believe some wacky things like a heaven where you get your own planet when you die if you are especially good, Joseph Smith preached that if a white and a black "mix blood" they would die instantly, and that Joseph Smith found magic gold tablets that contained the Book of Mormon, and that God and Jesus were on another Earth identical to this one where people go when they die. I'm atheist so I find all religions to be cults including Christianity, but Mormonism is one crazy cult, in my opinion. No offense to any Mormons as my criticism of all religions is the same whether it be Christianity, Judaism, or Islam. I just feel the leader of our country should not believe in such ludicrous, racist, and even sexist ideas. (Google search if you don't believe me.) Mormons are also prohibited from drinking coffee or tea as they are considered a sin! Should the President of our country belong to a cult? I give Christianity a pass unless they are Christian fundamentalists and 100% believe the Bible as literal. I stopped believing when I was 13 years old, but my family would kill me for not going to church and because of that I know only those with faith can get elected. I pray an atheist becomes President in my lifetime.

I think there is a mountain of reasons to not vote for this guy. The easiest to figure out is that he is part of the economic problem in this country so how can he have the solution? Him being a vulture of business should disqualify him immediately. You know the man is going to make concession after concession to the corporations and don't ever think he will change policy to regulate Wall Street because he wouldn't want to hurt his buddies. The next would be because he is a career politician. The man is a pandering machine and has been caught in so many flip-flops it's not funny. As I wrote earlier, he has dedicated staff, advertising people, that create his speeches tailor-made to each crowd. He scientifically panders to every single audience. He has been caught saying one thing one night and the exact opposite the next. I just told you the reason why. Basically, HE IS LYING TO YOU! lol Lastly, his personal life. For me personally, someone having such outrageous and discriminatory beliefs should not be eligible for the office of the Presidency. I want a President who feels all are born equal and his beliefs teach anything but. I also want a President grounded in reality and believing you get your own planet to rule when you die does not fit into my idea of grounded in reality. Those are just some of the reasons I would not vote for Romney.

I'm not attacking Mormonism just stating what is a part of their religion. Search Google. It is my opinion and not aimed at any poster or meant to be personal.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Oh, well, to answer all 3 of your questions then, I didn't say vote for, I said support.

youtu.be...

And in response to this video, we are just supposed to trust our government to do the right thing?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
See, Mitt Romney does not look like Obama so much now does he?

You seem to be confusing the sense of sight with the sense of sound. He doesn't SOUND like Obama with what he SAYS. I don't go by what he SAYS, I watch what he DOES, and see no difference in the way he LOOKS and the way Obama LOOKS other than a slightly different paint job.

For example, you say he says he wants to "repeal Obamacare". that's not what he DID in Mass. He ORIGINATED Obamacare back when it was still RomneyCare, and it has not yet been repealed in Mass... so what is there to make me believe that he has any different intent when he has a bigger platform to jump from?

Just what he SAYS?

Nossir - watch what he DOES.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.

Iran has followed the rules buddy whether you like it or not...

with no proof of trying anything past nuclear energy..

with inspections ...

who cares if zionist backed jacka$$ romney doesnt want them to have a weapon.. they are not trying to make a weapon..

but if they were.. would you blame them??

israel has more control over policies in America than you or I do. ie We the People..

israel has nuclear weapons.. but will not sign themselves!!!

] Four non-parties to the treaty are known or believed to possess nuclear weapons: India, Pakistan and North Korea have openly tested and declared that they possess nuclear weapons, while Israel has had a policy of opacity regarding its own nuclear weapons program

and you want a kiss ass president who will fight their enemies and shed American blood for them?

GTFO. go live in israel then..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm voting for Mitt Romney so we don't become Greece. Regardless of what he's done in the past, he's going to be under the gun as President. He has made so many promises, he'll have to be the guy he claims to be, whether he likes it or not. Plus, come on, you don't become that rich in the world of private equity without knowing how the economy works.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The highly anticipated thread about why I am voting for Mitt Romney:

Gettin a litte ahead of yourself, aren't you, chief? The GOP convention isn't for a while.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by Another10Pin

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Won't America going into Iran have a serious effect on your economy. It's going to have to be a pretty big military adventure, that will cost many lives and lots of money.

Nobody said anything about going into Iran, and if we do assist Israel in stopping Iran, that's likely all its going to be a little skirmish between Israel and Iran until Iran realizes we could blow them up.

Are you delusional? Your vote is your choice, but if you actually believe what you just stated about Iran, Isreal, or US involvement in any way would be "a little skirmish", is pure foolishness. And anyone who would consider nukes, and I think this is what you are implying, is 'nuts'.

No one is going into Iran! There is only one reason why we are not on the ground right now! Sure we can bomb, but it will not make any difference.
From the Israeli National News.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Also Iran has the capability to have bombs right now. (If they dont have any right now it would be a miracle.)
www.jewishpress.com...

If you would vote for any idiot who said lets roll on Iran. I would say you deserve all you have coming! Please keep in mind that we have been fighting defenseless nations (Iraq, Afghanistan), and that war with any super power would mean war upon our shores.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

Were you addressing me?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Won't America going into Iran have a serious effect on your economy. It's going to have to be a pretty big military adventure, that will cost many lives and lots of money.

Nobody said anything about going into Iran, and if we do assist Israel in stopping Iran, that's likely all its going to be a little skirmish between Israel and Iran until Iran realizes we could blow them up.

A little skirmish is all huh! just like all the rest were? Do you have any idea how big the Iranian military is? That Israel would have no chance without someone like the UN and American troops helping them! I love how most conservatives answer to everything is to blow them up! You sir must be a war monger.

I know so many people like yourself who have so little information and just vote for someone because of their personality, or believing the lies they spout, or vote along party lines! No matter whom gets elected in the republican party wont really matter cause they are all just puppets! It's the same on the other side of the coin with the democrats! But you wont listen to me cause what do i know! So few of us informed americans around and this is why our country is doing so bad but big businesses and banks are doing lovely. Reeling in the profits while on the verge of financial collapse and the gap from rich to rest grows wider and wider!
You sir keep voting for the same puppets! It is an ignorant fool who keeps doing the same thing but expecting different results!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

L.
O.
L.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I choose Romney because it makes liberals heads explode.

Only the ones who are fooled into thinking Romney is some sort of Conservative.

It makes heads explode on Conservatives, too - the ones who realize he isn't, and is only masquerading as one to get your vote.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

He has made so many promises, he'll have to be the guy he claims to be, whether he likes it or not.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read on ATS. You never freaking learn your lesson do you? Time after time, you will continue to fall for the same tricks and continue to wonder how you were ever so stupid to fall for those tricks.

Plus, come on, you don't become that rich in the world of private equity without knowing how the economy works.

He doesn't know jack all about sustainable economics and solid monetary policy, all he knows how to do is destroy jobs and suck money from the masses. When Mitt Romney Came to Town.

The guy is a generic mainstream puppet. Just look at this campaigns financial support for christ sakes. You'd have to be on some hardcore drugs to actually believe this guy will do a better job than Obama.

Want to perpetuate the status quo and continue destroying freedoms and running your country into the ground? Go ahead, just vote for Romney and the rest will occur without much help from you.
edit on 7-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Wow. The idea that politicians are somewhat held accountable by the electorate is the 'dumbest thing you've ever heard on ATS.' I gotta give you credit. Whether its Paul or Obama, whoever you're carrying water for should give you an award for that kind of hyperbole.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The idea that politicians are somewhat held accountable by the electorate is the 'dumbest thing you've ever heard on ATS.'

No, the idea that you actually believe he's going to follow through on all those promises simply because he's made so many of them, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Obama did the exact same thing - he made a boat load of promises - yet he probably fulfilled 1% of what he said he would do. Which is why I was saying you will never learn. NEVER.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives
They don't have any rules or regulations to speak of...

please show source to your claim that China has no rules or regulations... last I knew it was a communist country
when did they adopt anarchy?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Oh dear god. When did I say he was going to accomplish 100% of what he promises? The fact is he's not going to be an Obama Clone like so many claim. Its funny you mention Obama's 1% of promises kept. If he loses its going to be in large part because he kept so few promises. That's what I'm saying. You either keep promises, make it appear you're keeping promises, or you risk being tossed out. If you reject the idea that elected leaders either try to keep promises or are held accountable in the next election, please tell me what system of government you'd like to replace ours with. And while you're at that, tell me which candidate (who has an actual shot at being president) that you think will do any better.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I wont vote for Romney though.He has HIS best interests at heart.
Like ANY good businessman. Just remember that when you vote for him.

That is why he is the right man for the job.
Ron Paul is the wrong man for the job.

Obama or Romney both fit the job discription.
Voting for Ron Paul is just foolish and crazy.
He is clearly the wrong man for the job.

Out system is corrupt, and we need someone
who is willing to look the other way. If you
don't like Obama, then Romney make
a nice alternaitve. And he looks like
he could be Canadian!

Ron Paul is too honest, and the system
knows this, that is why he can't will.
The media keep telling people that
but the idealistic Paulbots just don't
get it... he can't win! only fools refuse
to accept thier revealed truth! Listen
to the corporat media, they know best.

Voting for Paul may feel good, but it's just
selfish to demand or even hope for an
honest government. It would be choas!
Just imagine the horror that would result!

Bankers might go to jail !!!
We can't have that!

(yes, I am being sardonic)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Oh dear god. When did I say he was going to accomplish 100% of what he promises? The fact is he's not going to be an Obama Clone like so many claim. Its funny you mention Obama's 1% of promises kept. If he loses its going to be in large part because he kept so few promises. That's what I'm saying.

Obama doesn't need to be in the office any longer. All they have to do is simply keep rotating their puppets through the office. If Romney gets elected as President he will most certainly not follow through with a vast majority of his promises. By the time of the next Presidential election everyone will hate him like Obama, or like Bush, and they'll have another young handsome charismatic candidate ready to be backed by big banks and by the mainstream media. Mark my words.

And while you're at that, tell me which candidate (who has an actual shot at being president) that you think will do any better.

Ron Paul - yes he has a shot fool.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

"Ron Paul"

Ok this is where it breaks down. Please proceed to post every source you can find that says he is going to be the GOP nominee. Don't care. It's not going to happen. And he has an even smaller chance as winning with an indie or third party run. It's over, you have Romney and Obama. It stinks but that's reality. If you want more choices, eliminate the electoral college and wait 50 years. That's all.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Respect to OP for trying to expose his views and the consistency of Romney's campaign.
I'm 100% behind RP though because I think the whole western Babylone has to be shaken. But at least OP's trying to promote his horse instead of destroying others.

If you chase the monster you become the monster.

Peace

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join