It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose Mitt Romney over Ron Paul and Barack Huessein Obama II

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Excuse me, but the GAO is one of the Very Few reputable government branches. It was NOT the GAO that had the expensive vacations, it was GSA, totally different!!!!!! GAO INVESTIGATES the fraud and waste in government! They try to be politics neutral. You want to know about military waste? Defense contractor fraud and over billing and cost overruns? Government officials taking those vacations? The reports COME from GAO! My dad was a grade 17 for GAO and his opinion of Congress was that most of them were either criminal, stupid, or both. But GAO is the Watchdog for our taxpayer dollars, not the abuser. Which is probably why they aren't allowed to audit the IRS, among others. If there is a part of government I actually do trust, its GAO.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

How about pondering the meaning of this question:

Why is it cheaper to have a product made 10,000 miles away and have it shipped here than it is to have that same product made less than 1 mile away from where they live?

Someone is out of touch.
edit on 6-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Did you know that most skilled labor in China earns an equivalent wage to a US worker. Not completely on par but close. They work an 80-90 hour work week to do so.

Did you know that the Chinese enjoy some of the highest quality products on the planet? Chinese law requires that all products sold in China meet certain standards and also come with a mandatory warranty on one year. These regulations do not apply to export products, and is why your fellow countryman is able to buy the cheapest lowest quality products on the planet to pawn off on you.

I think China would be a screwed up place to live, but at the end of the day their economy and manufacturing capabilities make ours look third world! Just visit Shenzhen sometime or Hong Kong. You won't see a few hundred skyscrapers you will see tens of thousands that stretch as far as the eye can see.

The trouble here is that we sanctioned the Wal-Mart Nation and support monopolistic systems that make a free market a sham. We sanctioned the end of the mom and pop operations in this country and in doing so gave rise to monopolistic companies that price fix, stifle competition, stifle innovation and sell the cheapest products on the planet. We have abondoned the free market system that made this country great, and now it just a game of what Chinese outfit can provide the cheapest product.

There is a very good reason why China has massive growth at every January-April. It is tax retrun time here in America! You sir allowed America to become a Chinese outlet in place of the Manufacturing power house it once was.

Monopolies or anything similar have no place in a free market! It is not unions, a fair wage or a 40 hour work week that has wrecked us. It just good old fashion greed!

Require that all import products come with a mandatory one year warranty. That cheap crap from China could not compete with American quality! Maybe when Wal-Mart was forced to pay for quality products they would find American products competitive. The problem could be fixed friend, but it is a system that feeds many powerful lobbies and I am sure lines allot of pockets with green. At the end of the day it just more profitable to sell crap, and so here we are.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't like Romney because he's a proven corporate hitman and he is only interested in his own consolidation of power and control (and by extension that of whomever his puppeteers may be). Romney is all for the "status-quot" and I think we all have a pretty good idea where this path is leading us already...
edit on 7-5-2012 by slayer420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Mitt Romney believes that it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon.

What makes you believe they even have one? I understand the media has been sensationalizing the possibility lately, but why should the USA be worried about someone else possessing ONE nuclear weapon when we have 50,000 of them here in America, and the countries in that region combined have even more? Like Ron Paul said, they cant even make enough oil for themselves. Oh yeah... because we are the policemen of the world... I wonder who enlisted us in that job? I don't remember voting for it! It has to stop. We need to worry about what is going on here in America and stop sending our kids over there to be slaughtered for the military industrial complex. A great way to do this is to not stick our noses in where they don't belong. Israel can take care of themselves.

Believes in a strong military offensive as well as defensive.

I partially agree on this. Defense is absolutely vital, and it quite literally goes without saying due to the money trail disappearing into a black void. Offensive actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, on the other hand, have done nothing but kill our people and innocent civilians. Not to mention that we cant pay for Bush or Obama to scratch their friends backs over at lockheed martin and haliburton anymore. We need to stop being so offensive and mind our own business. We will suffer far more from blowback than from the good any offensive action will ever do.

Mitt Romney wants to amend the clean air act and any other crazy environmental polices that Obama has enacted in his three years.

The key word here is amend, not get rid of.

Mitt Romney would like to modernized medicare and social security so that they are sustainable for our generation.

This is a sacrifice that Ron Paul would make, and I will tell you why. And it wont happen overnight, it will happen through gradually retiring the programs over many years. Our government spends too much money. Getting government involved in any program makes the prices go up. If social security were privatized where people could opt out of it, and medicare were phased out and replaced with honest, non government mandated insurance that was affordable and competitive, then there would be no need for either one.

Mitt Romney believes whole heatedly in legal immigration, as his family were immigrants. As were all of ours. He knows the system for immigration is broken and he wants to streamline it and take away unnecessary regulations that makes it harder for immigrants to come here. He will secure the border and take away all entitlements which entice immigrants to come here illegally.

I think its great to take away the magnets that entice people of mexican descent to come here. I don't think its a good idea for every citizen to have a national ID card, which is a plan he ran on in 2008. Its another step towards taking our rights away as Americans.

Mitt Romney understands that any economic turnaround starts with realistic and attainable goals. Which is why he has proposed his plan which cuts federal spending below 20% for the first year. He will cut $500 Billion by 2016. He will also make congress cut 5% of their budget across the board on day one!

Ron Paul wants to cut a trillion dollars out of our budget year one. All that talk of Romney cutting anything is just talk. He is talking about cutting and nibbling away at proposed increases in our budget. We are now spending over a trillion dollars a year, just on our offensive wars. 500 billion four years from now isn't going to make a dent in that. We need a guy that has the courage to really cut it out with all of the spending. Ron Paul will do that!

For Health Care. In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens.

Government should have never gotten its hands in healthcare. See my statement above about it raising prices. Healthcare should be privatized. If it were privatized, it would be more competitive, because the insurance companies and hospitals would lose money if the prices went up too high, because nobody would buy their services. It is called a free market. Ron Paul believes in a free market. With government intervention, hospital bills will always be paid by the taxpayer in the form of debt, and the prices will keep going up.

A few other reasons I don't like Mitt Romney:
He supported obama in the passing of the NDAA.
He is never able to stick to one issue because he always follows what is most profitable.
He argues with reporters.
youtu.be...
He ignores people in wheelchairs.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
And his top campaign contributor is Goldman Sachs.
And the list goes on... I will NEVER vote for this guy.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Won't America going into Iran have a serious effect on your economy. It's going to have to be a pretty big military adventure, that will cost many lives and lots of money.

Nobody said anything about going into Iran, and if we do assist Israel in stopping Iran, that's likely all its going to be a little skirmish between Israel and Iran until Iran realizes we could blow them up.

Are you delusional? Your vote is your choice, but if you actually believe what you just stated about Iran, Isreal, or US involvement in any way would be "a little skirmish", is pure foolishness. And anyone who would consider nukes, and I think this is what you are implying, is 'nuts'.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You seem to forget about the massive amount of money we owe China....That needs to be paid off....you can't just take the extra money and spend it again.....those are liberal habits that got us here.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Won't America going into Iran have a serious effect on your economy. It's going to have to be a pretty big military adventure, that will cost many lives and lots of money.

Nobody said anything about going into Iran, and if we do assist Israel in stopping Iran, that's likely all its going to be a little skirmish between Israel and Iran until Iran realizes we could blow them up.

Are you delusional? Your vote is your choice, but if you actually believe what you just stated about Iran, Isreal, or US involvement in any way would be "a little skirmish", is pure foolishness. And anyone who would consider nukes, and I think this is what you are implying, is 'nuts'.

No one is going into Iran! There is only one reason why we are not on the ground right now! Sure we can bomb, but it will not make any difference.
From the Israeli National News.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Also Iran has the capability to have bombs right now. (If they dont have any right now it would be a miracle.)
www.jewishpress.com...

If you would vote for any idiot who said lets roll on Iran. I would say you deserve all you have coming! Please keep in mind that we have been fighting defenseless nations (Iraq, Afghanistan), and that war with any super power would mean war upon our shores.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If people want to start talking about donors to a campaign......let it be known....bank of America, IMF global, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, are just the tip of the $ 200,000,000 million dollar iceberg that is the Obama war chest.
Ya think a great humanitarian like him could think of better uses for that money.....again with the hypocrisy.

$500,000 Heyman, Vicki and Bruce Chicago IL Goldman Sachs $447,054

Take a look at this link for his bundles, above is one example.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Allenb83

What exactly did he vote on as far as federal?

He was never in congress or senate when nada or anything else came up.

Where do you get this stuff?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm voting for the guy that has "my" interests, not the corporations in mind. I'm voting for real change, because voting for the same talking heads gets us exactly where we are. I'm voting for the guy that is saying, AND doing everything different from the same old talking heads.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

So, you can call Ron Paul supporters anything you want, but in reality, we are the true, red blooded Americans supporting our founding fathers, our constitution, and fighting for our rights, AND yours because you are too ignorant and stupid to realize that you are having everything taken away from you right under your damned noses. They own our money system, our food system, our fuel and supply systems, the medical systems, everything.

Revolution is calling, pick up the phone.

I for one am getting tired of saying "I told you so" to everyone I know.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
If I was a true enemy of the US I would love the US to build more bases around the world and spread themselves so thin to a point they are almost at economic failure and can't sustain their global fleet. Then I could attack them at home where they would be vulnerable. How is it that us being unable to $ustaining all those bases and keeping our majority of our forces overseas not a threat to us back home?

This quite literally should open up so many eyes because it scares the H E double hockey sticks out of me. It is the reason why I fear this countries future with any other president with the exception of Ron Paul. We really don't know what we are dealing with here. We cant keep going on in a monetary and foreign policy system that is set up for failure. Ron Paul is the only one that has a plan to fix these issues. Lets wake up people!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I can't believe you posted that ridiculous video of the guy w MD...what a setup.....and he did NOT ignore him. He was baited and he was nice, said he was sorry about his illness but was against med. Mary Jane. And the stupid question he ignored " will you arrest me". What a joke....first of all he's not a cop second...it's just so dumb. It makes my head hurt.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think we should just kill everyone. If everyone is dead there will be no threats.

Everyone needs to die, in all the places. Every cave, every mountain and every grassy plain needs to be slaughtered.

The only way we can feel safe is if everyone is slaughtered. Every country needs to be destroyed.

/sarcasm off

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have one answer to that Neo.

UNIONS

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I loved how Romney was asked a Constitutional question in a GOP debate and being dumbfounded by the question, deferred it to Ron Paul, the actual Constitutionalist.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

What exactly did he vote on as far as federal?

He was never in congress or senate when nada or anything else came up.

Where do you get this stuff?

About your questions... are you referring to Romney or Paul in the first question? And what is nada? And specifically what stuff? I wish I could answer your questions but I am having a hard time understanding them.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

you post:

A few other reasons I don't like Mitt Romney:
He supported obama in the passing of the NDAA.
He is never able to stick to one issue because he always follows what is most profitable.
He argues with reporters.
youtu.be...
He ignores people in wheelchairs.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
And his top campaign contributor is Goldman Sachs.

I do agree with most of Paul's ideas....but I have to research Romney because he might be the only choice.

Just noticed I wrote nada.

Must have been a Freudian slip...as in nada chance of fixing this mess

edit on 7-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I think your kind of missing the point, and the dissonance between the way the two candidates answered the same question, from the same person, suffering from the same condition. Ron Paul was really nice, and he gave his opinion and real thought, without the use of a teleprompter. Mitt Romney was not patient, or kind. We don't need someone that heartless as our president, as it reflects Romneys character. And the message of medical marijuana isn't even the real issue. If you don't have the character to be polite and compassionate to others, even if you disagree with someone on an issue that you are campaigning for, then you won't get my vote.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join