It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraq War Ruined My Life.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Hey dayve I thank you for your service as well. All veterans should be appreciated!

Be strong my friends.

Don't tear down our new veterans they need your support dayve!

Support all veterans, Young and Old!

Never give up , Never surrender!

Fight on my friends! Fight on!

God Speed

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey man just made this account to let you know you aren't alone bro. I joined in 05 and was in Ramadi by 06 and Afghanistan later on. As you can tell by my username I was a machine gunner. It sucks man I got addicted to several drugs to try to get my mind off this bull ------ in Afghanistan. They gave me clonazepam while I was still in because I couldn't take being in that hole that was camp lejeune I just about lost it. Funny how those benzos are more addictive than heroin, it is insane. I stopped going to the VA cause they are full of --- and done with their mind altering ssri ---. I am always going to be different than those around me and I have made peace with it. It sucks being different but we have something most people will never have, a warriors mindset with real war fighting experience, real natural authority and leadership. Something like Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers is going to happen to this world and we are going to run this show one day.

Don't worry about it, my family and friends all think I'm crazy too. We are real warriors and leaders which is a threat to their bull authority. We know exactly what happened over there and we didn't get it from the TV so it scares people that we know from direct experience. We have become masters of the OODA loop and they don't even know what that is. We know we were fighting for a few elite rich just to make them more powerful at the expense of the innocent. Not sure about you but most of those doors I kicked in didn't have terrorists behind them but families with the look of terror on their faces. It was hard to face it, but I looked in the mirror and I saw who the real terrorist was. I refuse to be a part of their ---- society, I refuse to believe something is wrong with me because I have empathy. I have pledged my oath now to helping the innocent people of this planet against the global elite and their minions.---- countries, the military, terrorists, the elite and anyone who thinks they deserve more than the human being on the other side of the world because a system they were born into told them they deserve everything. This is the matrix, most people will die defending their reality that was programmed into them since birth, they know no other way to live. I am a Global Guerrilla now, ready to rid the world of this power elite that has been around since the beginning of civilization.
edit on 11-5-2012 by alien because: ...editted out the swears and drug-talk....sorry dude, no offence, but thems the rules here...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0331

Whow...

I'm glad you posted that...

I'm going to copy and paste just in case T&C comes in...

Thank you for your service. Your a war hero and I believe your eyes are open.

Thank You to all the veterans, Your all heros. Don't give up!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Lastly don't let your hate overtake your emotions...

Be strong my friend. Be strong.

I'll pray for us, I pray for everyone.

+ Energy!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by usmc0311

Originally posted by dayve
The word "Vet" is being tossed around too loosely nowadays... Its funny watching people under 30 tryin to celebrate veterans day like they actually did something.... Put these same kids in ww2 or vietnam they would sh*t bricks and cry...

Are you a veteran of Vietnam or any other conflict? I am just trying to gain some context on where you are coming from with this statement. Or how you are basing your last statement in particular.

Im not really basing it in particular... Just comparing. Back in the days going to war wasnt really an option, half the wars fought by hand, and it was a real war... Nowadays it is an option, plus our military is spoiled as hell, and got it pretty damn good...

I understand where your coming from. I just got done watching Gods and Generals, and Gettysburg. Wow those guys went through hell and back.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0331
Hey man just made this account to let you know you aren't alone bro. I joined in 05 and was in Ramadi by 06 and Afghanistan later on. As you can tell by my username I was a machine gunner. It sucks man I got addicted to several drugs to try to get my mind off this bull ------ in Afghanistan. They gave me clonazepam while I was still in because I couldn't take being in that hole that was camp lejeune I just about lost it. Funny how those benzos are more addictive than heroin, it is insane. I stopped going to the VA cause they are full of --- and done with their mind altering ssri ---. I am always going to be different than those around me and I have made peace with it. It sucks being different but we have something most people will never have, a warriors mindset with real war fighting experience, real natural authority and leadership. Something like Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers is going to happen to this world and we are going to run this show one day.

Don't worry about it, my family and friends all think I'm crazy too. We are real warriors and leaders which is a threat to their bull authority. We know exactly what happened over there and we didn't get it from the TV so it scares people that we know from direct experience. We have become masters of the OODA loop and they don't even know what that is. We know we were fighting for a few elite rich just to make them more powerful at the expense of the innocent. Not sure about you but most of those doors I kicked in didn't have terrorists behind them but families with the look of terror on their faces. It was hard to face it, but I looked in the mirror and I saw who the real terrorist was. I refuse to be a part of their ---- society, I refuse to believe something is wrong with me because I have empathy. I have pledged my oath now to helping the innocent people of this planet against the global elite and their minions.---- countries, the military, terrorists, the elite and anyone who thinks they deserve more than the human being on the other side of the world because a system they were born into told them they deserve everything. This is the matrix, most people will die defending their reality that was programmed into them since birth, they know no other way to live. I am a Global Guerrilla now, ready to rid the world of this power elite that has been around since the beginning of civilization.

Amen brother, Semper Fi.

ETA: Your username is awsome. And thanks for being part of the brotherhood, OORAAH.
edit on 11-5-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterKovacs
reply to post by Snoopy1978

I thought Einstein helped recommend the A Bomb to Roosevelt?

"My part in producing the atomic bomb consisted in a single act: I signed a letter to President Roosevelt, pressing the need for experiments on a larger scale in order to explore the possibilities for the production of an atomic bomb.
I was fully aware of the terrible danger to mankind in case this attempts succeeded. But the likelihood that the Germans were working on the same problem with a chance of succeeding forced me to this step. I could do nothing else although I have always been a convinced pacifist. To my mind, to kill in war is not a whit better than to commit ordinary murder.". (Albert Einstein, 1952)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I dont think you'll read this now, but if you do then i just want to tell you this. Don't let these people or thought get you down! Well, you can just dont let them anchor you down. It's obvious that you know what your talking about, and I think with what you know you could help MANY MANY people! Don't you see? People are starting to wake up to the REAL danger of America (Im not a rebel or for anarchy), but most american's are still meerly BLIND. You have seen the light, and its up to you weather you want to help these other people out (like me for one). A few months ago i wanted to join the Air Force, but what i have recently been reading has steered me faar from that direction. I think you have a good story here and you would probably reach out to other former/active military that are unhappy with the conditions. Also, IF you ever do start to get "popular" you MUST reach out to the citizens, THEY WILL BE JUST AS UNHAPPY WITH THEIR TERM AS WELL AS YOU WERE!!!!!

I've heard such things like "There starting to implant RFID chips into the new recruits", also that new military base/camp? I read the most of that document which said in it "This is not intended for public release" (Very sketchy...) and it talked about how if they find a "detained civilians/detained rebels/detained people" they have the authority to bring them into their camp. The camp is intended for "Terrorist" they claim but they are doing this for civilians too. What is the real purpose of this? Rumors i've heard about this say its basically a "Forced labor camp." But i think it might be to gather the citizens that refuse to have an RFID chip implanted in them or if we start trying to rebel from this "Country".

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

Thanks for the reply I hear ya man. There are alot of people waking up to the crap nowadays. Many of my friends and former Marines and even alot of active friends are well aware of what's going on. It's time to get them all home, or at least fighting for a cause that is truly worth it. There will always be a small percentage who follow blindly, but the rest are becoming unhappy real quick.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am a non combat disabled vet who has suffered from PTSD since 1978 when I was 17 years old.
Like you I found the VA to be completely worthless in offering any real treatment, I stopped seeking treatment from the VA in 1988.my father worked as a high level manager at SSA so he knows how messed up the government is but he thinks that the VA isn`t that bad and that I should continue going there to try to get more disability benefits.
I won`t do it, I have no faith in the VA medical system.
At first i was resentful and felt that my life was ruined and i felt that way for many years. as i`ve grown older ( i`m 51 now) I realize that my life certainly didn`t turn out the way I had planned but it wasn`t completely ruined it just was different and presented more challenges than I thought it would be.
There are so many things in life that most people take for granted that I have missed out on because of my PTSD but I have learned to appreciate and value the small things in life.
I spent 25 years trying to forget and be normal again by drinking. I think things got better for me when I finally admitted to myself that all those hopes,dreams and plans i had for my future were dead and my life was never going to be normal again. I would never be able to have a normal life like my friends had.I`ve lost touch with all the friends I grew up with mostly because I could no longer relate to their hopes,dreams and plans for the future.I haven`t really had any friends for many years.
Once I realized that I couldn`t change things and the VA wasn`t going to be of any help I knew I would have to find my own unique way to deal with it,I figured who knows me better than me.I`ve come to the conclusion that there is no one size fits all cure, each of us knows what is best for us.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This post is from this year but 4 months ago, I read your post and I am saddend to hear the way the VA has treated you, I am no soldier but I am the grandchild and nephew of two vietnam war veterans and the VA has treated them the same way, no support for any problems they are experiencing even PTSD. I read that you were going to get a service dag there is a great program I heard about called Paws and Stripes. It was started by an Iraq war veteran who came back with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries, to help other veterans, if you have been unable to get a service dog, look them up and try and contact them, they seem from what I have read and seen a very good group. I wish you the best in your life to come and I hope the doctors and nurses of the VA that don't care for soldiers like you are eventually shown what kind of things people like you experience.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sorry to hear your troubles, prayers and wished for all that have or are going through the same! If there is one thing I have learned from the beginning of all this like you have written on your profile is to keep writing, show the world how the pen is mightier than the sword.
I've been getting information and ideas out through comments online for years and over time, one does begin to see the change they want by doing so. People strive for info. and it doesn't matter what kind as long as it is something.
I too wanted to go and be a fighter pilot, but the Air Force refused me, said i was too tall. Why refuse me for that? At least move me over to bomber pilot? Then some years passed and I wa about to try to become a Marine Sniper because ain't no one as bad ass as John Hathcock, but I also new things didn't add up on the internet in the videos on what happened that one unfortunate day that changed this country forever and the cronies knew it! Sucks that the politicians can be persuaded left and right with money at the cost of those lives fighting for them.
Amazing that so many running this country don't even have a heart. Most have transplants, proves they are cold hearted bastards. There isn't a second that goes by to where I wouldn't want to go, but those running the show have alterior motives that aren't legitimate reasons, and as you say the VA just doesn't have enough funding, science or man power for the amount of wounded we received in this conflict! Trust me my battle has been with the internet just trying to get and give whatever information there is so we can make this world a little more secure without Capitalist pigs getting in the #ing way.
Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. These days family and friends mean the most, let nothing come between and we can all make it through this!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I don't think the DU is the problem. I have been around it...a lot...and no issues. What I have heard in Whispers is that a few Chem-Weapon Sites were hit in and around the FLUGE. They were supposedly being trucked out by some special units of the Rep. Guard and a "COMPANY MAN" called in an A-10 strike on what he told the Fruit Salad as something important in Tanker Trucks...what he told them...I don't know but I heard that a couple A-10's used their cannons on the Front of these Tankers that were heading to either Iran or Syria...and it was supposed to be a WMD COUPE but even though the Hogs circles several times to line up for a Head Shot...one of the Tankers was pierced.

This stuff was said to be one step under Weaponized and some got out. Wasn't Biologic but it turned to a gas when exposed to air and was heavy so it floated low to the ground. It supposedly wasn't supposed to last long in any UV Heavy area but I have been told it got on our guys BOOTS as some of it condensed with the water vapor at night that...although it's not like a dewy field in Mass...it can linger under small marble sized rocks or even sand and a Guy like you walks though it...churns up the dirt and it is on your boots.

This story is not confirmed but I think it happened as there are signs that a person like myself can see. They didn't want to talk about it as discovery of WMD's because they F'd up but I don't blame the Pilots...the thing is if it got out that we...in the interest of preventing a Pre-Weaponized Chem Soup Tankers to get out of Iraq to wherever...we put Civy's in Jeopardy as well as our own and didn't tell them....the S#!% would hit the fan!

The levels of Radioactivity from DU is LOW. A person gets more Radiation Exposure on a Commercial Airline Flight.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sounds tough

wish you best of luck man

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join