It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Shukran Jazeelan Akhi,

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Thanks for your reply. I always reply in the manner that I am treated accordingly, and I welcome your criticism, except to ponder on your personal belief that I ignore the facts - facts which are from the actual source itself -words from the Messiah, cross referenced from several of his disciples, and wondering as well what beliefs had I actually evangelized here?

You claimed that the qoute was proof of my ignorance and evanglism. So what do you really comprehend about that qoute?
1. That the Messiah claimed to be the Creator? or
2. Simply admit the fact that the Messiah himself answers to a higher authority - our Creator, whom had given him all authority on Earth and Heaven, BUT NOT the Universe?

Discussion on the trinity in the NT is sparse (and direct reference is absent to my knowledge) - my own views on the subject are that Jesus didn't even qualify to be the messiah according to the OT let alone god in man's image. But, as FlyersFan has already pointed out - this is about how Christians on the ground interpret that verse (as well as other verses AND the repercussions of the councils of Nicaea) THE VAST MAJORITY WORSHIP A TRIPARTITE GOD - IN MOST OF CHRISTIANITY IF YOU DENY GOD CAME IN THE FLESH YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN

But in the 7th Century in the far flung barbaric outpost of Arabian deserts arose a civilisation - Islam, that is similar in its basic form - end to barbarism and growth of civilisation, the worship of a common Creator and even shared and respected the bible, along with performing epiphaneous miracles that can only be considered divine, for no other mortal can perform such today even if they claimed they were prophets.

This paragraph is unnecessarily romanticised - Mecca and Medina were hardly far flung and barbaric - they were only one Roman province away from the events of Jesus' life - and there's LOTS of proof there were just as many Christians and Jews around as there were pagans.

Also consider the fact that for 300 years after the rising of the Messiah, his disciples had not gain footholds upon the world, except for only a few regions on Earth, and worse still, his very teachings of civilisation had been manipulated and twisted by evil men whom ruled and saw fit to make use of religion to suit their purpose in the enslavement of mankind.

And this is where your argument falls, you have no proof - you only speculate all of this through the lens of your own Islamic bias. You have no idea whatsoever what the original doctrines of Jesus (if he even existed - he denies Christ walked in the flesh! Kill him!!! lol) you merely speculate.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Then you should read the stats that I posted. It doesn't matter if Christ said He was God or not.
That's NOT the issue. The issue is .. who do most Christians actually worship as God.
The answer - CHRIST. In their own words they say they do.

Prove to us all that over a billion Christians do not worship Christ as God incarnate.
I have CALMLY provided their own words showing that they do.

You call that linked webtext as mathematical facts and stats to prove that ALL christians worship and call the Messiah as our Creator? Are you outta your mind? I do know ATS readers are rational, but you as a poster on religious thread is far out filled with hate and man made dogmas. So much that I would have to ignore you rather than to expose that infantile tissue between your brains.

For the sake of the thread, I hope you will keep to the topic. It's not about you and your battered ugly ego that seeks constantly to be fetted, but simply religion - civilisation guidelines that gives comfort, solace, truths and hope for a future that all mankind shares.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You call that linked webtext as mathematical facts and stats to prove that ALL christians worship and call the Messiah as our Creator? Are you outta your mind?

Come on Seeker, please be fair, no one has said ALL Christians worship and call the Messiah as creator - but I will posit the accusation to toward you, that you are being silly if you won't admit that MOST OF THEM believe him to be divine.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OliverNorthsCat
And this is where your argument falls, you have no proof - you only speculate all of this through the lens of your own Islamic bias. You have no idea whatsoever what the original doctrines of Jesus (if he even existed - he denies Christ walked in the flesh! Kill him!!! lol) you merely speculate.

Speculate, you say?

You do have the right to your beliefs, regardless if you are the remnant few jews that denies the Messiah, atheists or confused christians. It's your free will and beliefs. No man can live your life.

Do spend some time in a few libraries around the world, and research your sources. Cross referenced them, and you will be able to form a better informed opinion, than one that you now hold based upon ignorances. A book can lie, a few books can lie, but when more of them are writings on similar issues, events and circumstances, in different language and culture, you will know something significant had happened in time past.

Research on your own is best, rather than spoonfed, for you will only trust your own findings if you are truly sincere in finding out the truth, or only a slave to others parroting their beliefs if you are too lazy to bother.

I wish you well.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Come on Seeker, please be fair, no one has said ALL Christians worship and call the Messiah as creator - but I will posit the accusation to toward you, that you are being silly if you won't admit that MOST OF THEM believe him to be divine.

My reply was to flyerfan,not to you. She was the one that make those claims. No one denies the divinity of the Messiah, for he was sent by our Creator. It is one thing to be divine, and quite another to lay claims to being the Creator, of which the Messiah had NEVER done so. Only someone silly, perhaps such as you, would put words in his mouth, as thousands of evil men had done over the centuries?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

*sigh* You're just insulting me now

You now have a pretty good idea already that I know more about religion than most - so don't pretend to insult me by telling me to read books.

edit on 10-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

*sigh* You're just insulting me now

You now have a pretty good idea already that I know more about religion than most - so don't pretend to insult me by telling me to read books.

Suggesting that you read more books is an 'insult'? Should we do away from books then...no wait,...then you will accuse others of speculation. Hmmmm.....what is it that you want? oh...I forget....you claim to know more about religion than most...guess I am talking to a genius, the man who mastered the universe. The insignificant nobody me has yet to reach such esteemed level as yours, for I believe learning never ends, but it seems you are claiming to be the epitome of all knowledge, acknowledged in and by your own words.

And so, 'esteemed one', shall we return back on topic, as you have rather thin skin and I most certainly have no wish to 'insult' you further, rather than to continue to inflate your ego you seem to desire for?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You call that linked webtext as mathematical facts and stats to prove that ALL christians worship and call the Messiah as our Creator?

1 - I did not say that ALL christians worship Christ. I said the MAJORITY do.
I was VERY clear. Don't lie. And the fact is ... a majority do.

2 - FACT ... there are 2 billion Christians. FACT - the majority are made up of Catholics, Episcopals, Anglicans, Orthodox and Lutherans who do indeed believe Christ is God incarnate. Those are the facts. Deal with it.

Are you outta your mind?

Obviously not. Are you?

As for the rest of your post .. waded through the jabs, insults, lies ... found no facts. How about you try to stay on topic. And guess what .. I'm not the topic. Hows that search going trying to find a muslim who worships Christ as God Incarnate like most Christians do? Keep us posted on your progress ....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It is one thing to be divine, and quite another to lay claims to being the Creator, of which the Messiah had NEVER done so. Only someone silly, perhaps such as you, would put words in his mouth, as thousands of evil men had done over the centuries?

bible browser

JOHN 1 the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light. 9There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

Silly silly ol' John!

That aside .... again ... it doesn't matter what you or I believe ... what matters is those MAJORITY of Christians do indeed believe Christ is God incarnate. They worship Him. Right or wrong. That's what they do. And no muslim worships Christ as God incarnate. Or have you actually been able to find some??? No?? Didn't think so.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No one denies the divinity of the Messiah,

Do you understand what the word means?

Free Dictionary

divinity [dɪˈvɪnɪtɪ] n pl -ties
1. the nature of a deity or the state of being divine
2. a god or other divine being

Noun 1. divinity - any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I did not say that ALL christians worship Christ. I said the MAJORITY do.

Child,why do you egoistically persist in twisting truths and slaving for falsehoods?

Christians and Muslims worship two different 'gods'. That's just the fact of the matter.
BILLIONS of Christians believe Christ is God and they worship Him.
YOUR interpretation that Christ is not God and you don't worship Him ... that's a small
minority among Christians

And now ( was the part worshipping Christ ...AS GOD INCARNATE intentionally left out?)

Oh for the love of pete! More than half of Christianity believes Christ is God therefore belief in Christ being God is CENTRAL to a MAJORITY of Christians.

So, was it ALL except the few, or HALF, or Majority that worships Christ....and was it ALL except the few, or HALF, or Majority worship Christ as the Creator? Do make up your mind. You are stumbling and backpedalling all the way now. My impression of Catholics such as the likes of you is sinking lower with every falsehood post you make.

How about you try to stay on topic. And guess what .. I'm not the topic. Hows that search going trying to find a muslim who worships Christ as God Incarnate like most Christians do? Keep us posted on your progress ....

I hate Islam.

Why do you desire to find a muslim who respect Christ and worships the only ONE GOD, who is our common Creator ? All true muslim does anyway. Walk into a mosque and you will most certainly find more than one, if you can get over your personal hatred of Islam and attempts to sow discord amongst our common Creator's children.

If you can find one human, christian or muslim who worships and called the Messiah as the Creator such as yourself, I don't wish to know, for sure, for the sake of your blasphemous soul that you may find redemption.

The surge in rise of Islam owes its thanks to continued ignoramouses such as you with hate spewed messages, whom are hell bent on division, than reconcilliation, when basic commonalities of both faiths are evidently clear.

edit on 10-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Child,why do you egoistically persist in twisting truths and slaving for falsehoods?

Why the condescending attitude?

I stood by Muslims when I said FreeFlyer was out of order on the 'Hate' comment as well as Beezzer's statements, however you've shown yourself to be completely unreasonable to FreeFlyer - you HAVE lied and you HAVE avoided the bleedingly obvious as well as changed the goal posts in this discussion on numerous occasions.

You've put words in other people's mouths, avoided our questions and when I sarcastically return a little bit of that condescending attitude your way - you claim I'm out of order? ha

It was quite clear that a lot of people on this forum had a negative view of Muslims - congrats on solidifying that image for them!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Has anyone watched DS9?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

1 - I am not a child. I am certainly acting more grown up than you are.
2 - All facts I have posted are true. Man up. Admit it.

You are stumbling and backpedalling all the way now.

only in your dreams. I never said 'all' christians. I said the majority of christians.

My impression of Catholics such as the likes of you is sinking lower with every falsehood post you make.

That's your problem. I never posted anything false.

for the sake of your blasphemous soul that you may find redemption.... ignoramouses such as you with hate spewed messages,

:
OMG .. and you have the audacity to say others are hateful and ignorant?

Again ... The majority of Christians (as I have proven) worship Christ as God incarnate.
Muslims do not. Therefore ... they worship two different gods.
Prove that Muslims worship Christ as God and I'll retract that statement.
Good luck with that.

edit on 5/10/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

fo
edit on 10-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillThePoor
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Oh wow that makes it so much better! lol You only want to kill atheists, the only rational people on this planet and the overwhelming majority of the scientific and intellectual communities. So, once again a religion wants to destroy the only way our species makes progress. I was thinking, "Boy, he makes Muslims seem calm and not so radical as has been displayed in media. Then you say, infidels are ONLY atheists. Once again, you show me why religion of all kinds is a cancer to this planet. You think it's a-ok to persecute ANOTHER group of people who don't believe your fairy tales. It just goes to show how easily people are brainwashed and controlled through "leaders" and the biggest lies. If so many are so easily controlled through such dubious beliefs, it easily explains and even makes sense that the majorities of entire nations would be brainwashed and controlled by the government. You force people to believe your nonsense and if not you kill them. How wonderful and loving of a religion! Probably the biggest lie is that religion is loving, and you just said why. Humanity will never truly stop killing and hating each other and living in the dark ages until the very idea of it is irradicated from every human mind through the teaching of rationality and science. Perhaps, that is why so many religious are against science? The only shame is that the benefits of science are even available to the religious at all, since they are the ones who persecute knowledge and if you don't believe a particular cult's "knowledge" then you are their enemy and marked for death. (They literally are cults no different than Jim Jones and his cult or those comet freaks that committed suicide or scientologists! There is no difference.) SICK SICK SICK SICK! You have a disease!

I'm pretty sure atheism is the fastest growing "religion" or more correctly the absence of belief in religion is growing faster than beliefs in religions in America. Europe is so much more advanced in not believing religions and embracing science and rationality. They also are much more friendly and open than their American counterparts. Look at Germany, they have decided to close their nuke plants because their society believes in science and actually researches things themselves. They know better than to listen to some PR guy from the industry and believe them at face value. They form their own opinions; Something that is lost on the religious as their entire world-view is based on belief or FAITH. That just made me so angry. I think that constitutes hate speech and your post should be removed! Why don't you explain to us what an infidel is and what muslims are told to do about them in their koran? Then the mods can decide if that is hate speech or not when you explain what it means you said.

(PS Christians are told by leaders of the different christian churches that atheism is actually a religion. This makes it easier for christians to lump all atheists together as one collective, in the christian's "mind," and makes atheists easier to persecute and attack. By attack I mean with speech, in America. Not all Christians mind you, but the hard-core extremists. Now in other countries, almost always middle-east Islamic dictatorships, those same types of people, again usually Muslim as I'm talking about outside America, would attack atheists PHYSICALLY. In PA, there was a muslim who attacked an atheist with a weapon all because the dude was walking down the street saying that religion lies, a one man protest. That is what they are teaching these people. No love and harmony there, so don't lie to people and say you are all about togetherness!)

I'm thoroughly amazed right now.

Out of all of the people, atheist and believer alike, on this thread you are the only person who has accused me of endorsing persecution. Honestly, you need a serious class in comprehension if you got that out of my post.

Sadly, I'll waste time explaining it to you.

First of all, YOU have a disease, and its main symptom is demonizing people you know nothing about.

My clarification of the use of the word infidel as is related to Qur'anic text was simply that, a clarification. I simply provided people the true context of the word infidel in Islam. Even the Qur'an doesn't advocate the persecution of anybody, and if you were to read the entire chapter, instead of nit picking verses out of each chapter, you'd learn that.

The Qur'an doesn't say it's okay to kill anybody, UNLESS you act in defense, and on verse you can pull out of the Qur'an can disprove that fact. I'd know, as I've actually read and studied the Qur'an most of my life.

Good Lord. My original response would have been automatic manners & decorum considering all of the shots you fired at me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

قُلْ يَٓأَيُّهَا ٱلْكَفِرُونَ ‏لَآ أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ ‏وَلَآ أَنتُمْ عَبِدُونَ مَآ أَعْبُدُ وَلَآ أَنَا۠ عَابِدٌۭ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ وَلَآ أَنتُمْ عَبِدُونَ مَآ أَعْبُدُ ‏لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِىَ دِينِ

Surah Al-Kafirun (Chapter of the Disbilievers)

(a command to Muhammad)
Say, "Oh Disbelievers!
I do not worship what you worship,
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship,
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship,
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship,
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

See? Muhammad doesn't even agree with you!

SeekerofTruth, please consider yourself well and truly B*tchslapped

edit on 11-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: [size] code isn't working, taken out

edit on 11-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

قُلْ يَٓأَيُّهَا ٱلْكَفِرُونَ ‏لَآ أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ ‏وَلَآ أَنتُمْ عَبِدُونَ مَآ أَعْبُدُ وَلَآ أَنَا۠ عَابِدٌۭ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ وَلَآ أَنتُمْ عَبِدُونَ مَآ أَعْبُدُ ‏لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِىَ دِينِ

Surah Al-Kafirun (Chapter of the Disbilievers)

(a command to Muhammad)
Say, "Oh Disbelievers!
I do not worship what you worship,
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship,
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship,
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship,
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

See? Muhammad doesn't even agree with you!

SeekerofTruth, please consider yourself well and truly B*tchslapped

edit on 11-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: [size] code isn't working, taken out

edit on 11-5-2012 by OliverNorthsCat because: (no reason given)

That was revealed about the Pagans (the ones who worshiped the idols)... nothing to do with Christians...

[Shakir 109:1] Say: O unbelievers!
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 109:1]

[Shakir 109:1] Say: O unbelievers! [Pooya/Ali Commentary 109:1] Some of the leading disbelievers of Makka had proposed to the Holy Prophet a compromise between Islam and their ancient faith such as they conceived it, so that their idols might also have an honourable mention in the adoration of the worshippers. The Holy Prophet resisted all appeals to worldly motives, and stood firm to his message of eternal unity of Allah. This surah breathes a spirit of uncompromising abhorrence to idolatry. There can be no common ground between the worship of "the one" and the many- monotheism and polytheism. Refer to Baqarah: 256;Yunus: 41.

quran.al-islam.org... Shakir translation and Pooya Ali commentary...

edit on 11-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Kafir, literally means something/one that hides/covers - it refers to ALL non-Muslim disbelievers including Christians and Jews.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

Kafir, literally means something/one that hides/covers - it refers to ALL non-Muslim disbelievers including Christians and Jews.

Kafir, is one who hides the truth, it refers to anyone who knows the truth yet hides it from the peoples, it can means Any Muslim, Christian, or Jew...

I am considered Kafir by a few, because I am Shia, but I am sure you know that already if you know my religion so well....

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join