It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fastest Growing Religion In America Is Islam

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Then what are you doing there..

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OliverNorthsCat
You're splitting hairs, and also not admitting the fact that SeekerofTruth is wrong, as proven by the verse, and simple logic, which he has ignored the last 5 pages - NOT the interpretation of it's revelation by Pooya.

If you remain stubborn I guarantee this will blow up in your face and you will cause even more harm towards the perception of Muslims in this forum.

Acting shifty and underhanded is hardly the Muslim way. Keep with the stubbornness and ignorance and I'll show everyone on ATS just how shifty and underhanded you have been Jameela.

Seems to me that you think yourself as a theologian on the Islamic faith. I met your kind before on other forums.

"...you remain stubborn I guarantee this will blow up in your face..."

So what are you insinuating? Why don't you come clean and admit why you used the "blow up in your face" metaphor?

"I'll show everyone on ATS just how shifty and underhanded you have been Jameela."

You seem to be acting like a bully with a mean streak, huh? You are describing a fellow ats-er as "shifty" and "underhand". Is it because you know she is from the Middle East so foisting on her a perception you have of the people of the Middle East?

If you have a problem with Islam, how about not bullying a Muslim woman? Sometimes the misogyny can get mixed up with the bigotry.
edit on 11-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

She messaged me giving me a tip on how to hide my Islamic identity better - I would say that definitely qualifies as shifty and underhanded.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OliverNorthsCat
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

She messaged me giving me a tip on how to hide my Islamic identity better - I would say that definitely qualifies as shifty and underhanded.

I only have your word on that, don't I.

I suggest you abandon you barracking tone after all your insinuations were wholly separate to the alleged message you got.

BTW, since when is being a Muslim an "identity"? I always thought it is a faith practiced by people of racial and national identities.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Islam in America- Thomas Jefferson's Quran

edit on 11-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

I don’t think Catholics pray to Allah?

The word Allah is the Arabic word for God, in Arabic speaking countries in the Christian churches the Christians say Allah and not God because they are Arabic speaking and not English speaking. Different language, not a different God.

[Genesis 1:1 - English Bible - King James Version]

"In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth . . . "

[Genesis 1:1 - Arabic transliteration]

"Fee al-badi' khalaqa Allahu as-Samaawaat wa al-Ard . . . "

[Genesis 1:1 - Arabic Bible]

1 في البدء خلق الله السموات والارض

www.arabicbible.com...

To accuse Muslims of worshiping a different God is to say all Arabic speakers worship a different God regardless of whether they are Jews or Christians, which is a sad accusation indeed, and one based in ignorance of other languages.

Just because something is in a different language does not make it a different God. Spanish speaking Christians say Dios and not God because they are Spanish speakers, yet no one accuses them of worshiping a different God.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ok here I go, Jameela was absolutly correct.in her explanation of the word khafir and all other things about Islam.
A khafir is someone that knows the truth and hides it.
Jews and Christians are the people the Book.
The word Allah is a.combination of al=the and lah= God, so every time we say Allah we are literaly saying The God reinforcing the idea of tawhid/ the oneness and omnipotence of Allah one of the five pillars of the faith.
You will find the word Al/the in front of all 99 of the attributes/ discriptive terms for Allah to exspress His supremeness and peerlessness in these these areas, Al Rahmon/ the most grasious.
To us God dosn't have proper name like mike or johnny thus we can only use descritive terms to try to explan Him in our words.
The word god is a general term that can be applied to anything you worship like say Jesus.
To the vast majority of Cristianity Jesus is God apart of a trinity.
We veiw them as people who follow error, because they got duped by the leaders of their faiths with manipulation of their teaching and.the Book.
So they are considered ignorent, witch simply means to not know something, not knowingly hiding the truth/khafir.
I highly respect her and I am troubled by the news of this pm about hidng your Muslim identity,butt until youproduce proof i can't believe it.
If it is true, then where's mine Jameela?
Am I not Muslimy enough?( ;
edit on 11-5-2012 by Down4Whateva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Down4Whateva
Ok here I go, Jameela was absolutly correct.in her explanation of the word khafir and all other things about Islam.
A khafir is someone that knows the truth and hides it.
Jews and Christians are the people of the Book.
I highly respect her and I am troubled by the news of this pm about hideing your Muslim identity,butt until you produce proof i can't believe it.
If it is true, then where's mine Jameela?
Am I not Muslimy enough?( ;

Allow me to explain

Getting rid of anyone who can defend the Islamic faith is the name of the game for a handful of people on this site

Therefore when that poster used the word 'munafiq' a decidedly Arabic word that Muslims use, I messaged him thinking he might be a Muslim who did not want anyone to know he was and I told him if he did not want people to believe he was Muslim then perhaps he might like to edit the post....

I do not see this as being shifty in some way....I figure not everyone on this board cares to announce their faith so they will have to defend said faith constantly instead of contributing to other threads they are more interested in contributing to. As it seems the case for anyone who announces they are Muslim on these boards.

Being an advocate of personal privacy is not 'shifty'...lol

That said, if you say the shahadah you are 'muslimy' enough...I simply have had no cause to speak to you, as it is not my habit to speak to people for no reason.

Also to Add:

I want to clarify, that a kafir is one who covers up, and also obstinately rejects, the truth. But it is important to realize, that one must have a full and complete knowledge before they can reject anything, this is why it refers as much to people of the Muslim faith than anyone, even though it can refer to others who have full knowledge of Islam.

It must be noted that Ibless (la) was called a kafir in the Quran, he knew the truth, knew all about Allah, even worshiped Allah for thousands of years among the angels, yet is called kafir for his rejection of Allah's commands...

this shows one must have knowledge to be considered a kafir.

Someone who is simply ignorant of Islam can never be a kafir and is never referred to as a kafir in the Holy Quran. Christians are referred to as Ahl al Kitab 54 times in the Quran, and Ahl al Injeel once. There were some Christians even then who had taken Jesus (as) as a God, but Allah does not separate or differentiate those people from the Ahl al Kitab, therefore, we must believe in the words of Allah, and not our own suppositions concerning these matters.

I prefer Allah's words over my own thoughts, and so do the majority of the Muslims. There are Muslims out there who are confused, and do not know well the religion or the Book, but these are not the majority, they are but a tiny minority in Islam.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

That was not shifty at all and I understand.
I just didn't wanna get left out of the cool kids club.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

That was not shifty at all and I understand.
I just didn't wanna get left out of the cool kids club.

there is no cool kids club... at least none that I was invited to anyway

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Well i'm.starting one and you're invited.
The only people that can't join are brits, I hate them limey, bum sniffers.
Goodday this and pip pip that.
I'll show them what to stick up their cheery o.
And what's with the tea and crumpits?
Get some starbucks.and a biscotti shut up about that enbred weak chinned queen and her retard of a son.

Please.beware that above words were said jokingly.
Except what I said about crumpits, they are the devil.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Down4Whateva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

The word Allah is the Arabic word for God, in Arabic speaking countries in the Christian churches the Christians say Allah and not God because they are Arabic speaking and not English speaking. Different language, not a different God.

[Genesis 1:1 - English Bible - King James Version]

"In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth . . . "

[Genesis 1:1 - Arabic transliteration]

"Fee al-badi' khalaqa Allahu as-Samaawaat wa al-Ard . . . "

[Genesis 1:1 - Arabic Bible]

1 في البدء خلق الله السموات والارض

www.arabicbible.com...

To accuse Muslims of worshiping a different God is to say all Arabic speakers worship a different God regardless of whether they are Jews or Christians, which is a sad accusation indeed, and one based in ignorance of other languages.

Just because something is in a different language does not make it a different God. Spanish speaking Christians say Dios and not God because they are Spanish speakers, yet no one accuses them of worshiping a different God.

Well ok I get that, but unless your Allah is in 3 separate parts that can combines to form a huge god (a bit like one of those giant Japanese robots I assume) then it’s a different Allah - right?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

then it’s a different Allah - right?

Only if Christians do not worship the God of Prophet Adam (as), the Prophet Noah (as) and the Prophet Abraham (as), if Christians do, however, worship the God of these Prophets (as) then it is the same God and you are only confused as to what that God consists of (according to the Islamic faith), because that is precisely the God Muslims worship, ie: The God of Abraham (as) Noah (as) and Adam (as)....

It is all a matter of description we describe Allah in the same manner as the old testament, and the same manner that Jesus did[ (see Mark 12:29-34 for Jesus' (as) own words)
edit on 12-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Actually Allah is a different god, the pre-Islamic moon god.
edit on 5/12/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

You have just insulted and accused every Arabic speaking Christian and Jew, and called them pagan worshipers. I linked to the Bible in Arabic, is shows you that the Arabic bible calls God Allah.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

You have just insulted and accused every Arabic speaking Christian and Jew, and called them pagan worshipers. I linked to the Bible in Arabic, is shows you that the Arabic bible calls God Allah.

No I just said Allah of the Islamic religion is not the same god regardless of the translation of the word Allah to english.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Let me be clear I am not totally up on what Christians worship but I am sure Christians follow Jesus the Christ (the clue is in the name) and follow what's in the new testament

So unless your Allah can be assembled out of 3 separate bits then it’s not the same one as the christian version and Mary as in Jesus’ mum isn’t one of those 3 bits making Qur'an 5:116 wrong – right?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

It is my understanding that the Christians follow Jesus (as) who said the same about Allah as the Muslims. Same God. Supposedly the God of Abraham (as) who is also our God...

if they do not worship the God of Abraham then they do not worship the same god.....it is simple.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Jameela

Well i'm.starting one and you're invited.

nah, I think I will decline, let these people have their way... it is a war they want.,.... not like I can stop it at any rate....

they want rid of me, well they can now have a celebration...they win...at least on this forum anyway...
edit on 12-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I'm not being snarky i'm being serious when I ask you what did you study to bring yoi to that conclusion?
I know this is a untruth debunked many times.Link
Plus you must consider the origin of the theory witch I studied before I took my shahaad.
Looking foward to you reply. D4W

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join