It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary OWS video... is this a glimpse of the future?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The cops never pledged allegiance to Wall Street. But yes, Wall Street can hire police to protect city permits or non permitted zones for protection against civil unrest. It's a two way street actually and OWS can hire police to protect their city permit. In fact the May Day protests, OWS finally did get a city permit and it appears that cops where there to help enforce those permits.

Sadly the cop hating protestors still don't get it. That the cops were actually there for the benefit of OWS.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Why is it OK for occupy to decry "free speech zones" then turn right around and violently deny the opposition their own right to free speech spoken anywhere the opposition chooses?

I was hoping to get an answer to that question from an OWS’er in this thread but all I’ve seen is deflection and distraction. They won’t even man up and admit that their precious movement is now a freak show of violent outbursts.

If they REALLY cared about the things they say then wouldn't they be doing more to stop the violence?

edit on 4-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sadly the movement has devolved into taking it out like a mob on anybody with indifferences to their movement. This includes small businesses, business owners, people of the community, etc.

Instead of focusing their anger on the 1% which is a flawed ideal anyways, they focus and take it out on their own communities and people.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Of course they can't and you know it. But then again you fail to point out how the tea party is pushing the agenda that the wealthy wants so why would the cops be there cracking skulls?

Because this thread is not about the Tea Party, sir.

I’d love to debate the issue…start a thread!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The cops ran directly into that guy riding the bike. I was very curious why they attacked him for no reason.

Seems very similar to the video of the cop kicking the bicycle rider at the SF Critical Mass. Also got all over the net.

They need to provoke violence in order to justify shutting down the protest.

If your protest is peaceful, then you had better expect the cops will start getting violent. Sad.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Your question is spot on! They should be concerned about stopping violence within their own movement. As someone great once said (even though the occupy crowd probably would call him a war mongering capitalist pig) "a house divided against itself cannot stand".

I too am eager to hear an argument that attempts to defend OWS for stomping all over that sign waving couple's constitutional rights.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

If your protest is peaceful, then you had better expect the cops will start getting violent. Sad.

Really?

Funny…I didn’t see any violence when a million people showed up in DC. Were the cops not there??

Maybe it’s because this (below) is what OWS considers “peaceful.”

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by seabag

I too am eager to hear an argument that attempts to defend OWS for stomping all over that sign waving couple's constitutional rights.

Don’t hold your breath…

After 4 pages on the other thread and 5 on this one I still haven’t seen an answer. They just keep repeating stuff like “those people don’t represent the movement” or “that wasn’t OWS” or “infiltrators did it” etc.

They're in denial.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The logic is simple enough and one can hear it on the Livestreams if they are anything like they were last year and winter.. It's been a few weeks since I even opened the Occupy national vid feeds, but they were full of chat room people sharing that nugget of wisdom.

The reasoning is that the Ends justify the Means and with a nation to save, whatever it takes is whatever must be done.

I didn't say it and the fact some believe that really worries me. Ends justifying the Means have led to some of the worst bloodbaths in human history..and far more than WW II. Occupy has no number or strength to pose a threat to anyone in a meaningful way, but they have plenty to pose an excuse to those looking for one. A crack down we must have....ahem ahem..(clears Yoda Voice). Careful what we all wish for....Uncle Sammy may finally GIVE us something we want. It'll just be the very last thing we'll wish was delivered, IMO.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They should just bum rush and overtake all of these cops....they are outnumbered heavily...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
what i dont get is the numbers... the police in this situation, and other protests like this, are very grossly outnumbered. yet, the people are scared to act. they will run out of pepper spray, they will run out of bean bags, they will run out of everything.

the people can flood them over so quick, and leave them naked in the street. by numbers alone, the police can and will loose.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

They should just bum rush and overtake all of these cops....they are outnumbered heavily...

Then you will have proved all of us anti-occupy people right.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

what i dont get is the numbers... the police in this situation, and other protests like this, are very grossly outnumbered. yet, the people are scared to act. they will run out of pepper spray, they will run out of bean bags, they will run out of everything.

the people can flood them over so quick, and leave them naked in the street. by numbers alone, the police can and will loose.

Yes and then the American People will turn on you and you will realize that you are not really the 99% after all.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point!

Where are OWS’ers denouncing comments like this???

(sound of crickets chirping followed by dead silence............................)

This is why OWS will fail.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I believe this card is being played at the moment

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I look forward to the day when Cops treat me like this.

I will say it now, I will say it proudly. I wont stand there and take it. You push me, I am pushing back. You run up on me, I'm swinging for the fences. Bottom line... I'll make me you shoot me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Thanks for proving my point!

Where are OWS’ers denouncing comments like this???

(sound of crickets chirping followed by dead silence............................)

This is why OWS will fail.

No sir, this is why the Police will fail. I will never denounce a comment like this. When a small group is abusing a larger group of people and hiding behind the law to get away with it, you will NEVER hear me denounce a comment that suggest you fight back instead of just stand there and take it.

You know who stands there and takes it?? Cattle. You know who doesn't? A free people in a free society.

Mark my words.... this whole thing will eventually boil over. Police can not continue to act like this and violently arrest people for the crime of riding a bicycle. Notice one part in the video? A young man in a blue shirt, holding his hands up. Then we see a Police Officer in full gear, holding a baton, run up on him and act like he is going to strike him. Sooner or later the people will get sick of it and when that happens, look the fudge out!!!

Note to Police... Learn from history or be doomed to repeat it.

April 29,1992.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seems pretty simple to me.

Live in a fascist system,
people protest about the fascists,
get the cops to turn up and start some aggro,
make protesters mad,
blame the protestors for being mad without any reference at all to any of the thousands of reasons they're like that,
use those instances to taint the whole movement,

= make people think twice about protesting said fascist system,
stay indoors, turn on your propaganda tv, eat some modified food, drink some refined sugar and fructose filled soft drinks, get old and die quietly in your mental and physical prison, while the human race falls even further into the abyss.

Not for me thanks.

They think they're getting away with all these abuses of their powers, but it's all being recorded in many places, and it'll all be accounted for one day. Our fear of this system is probably nothing compared to the fear these corrupt people have for the truth when it finally arrives, and that truth is on its way, and nobody has the power to stop it from arriving.

So maybe they should have a good think about what they're doing.

Here's to some mass arrests. I wonder how smug people like Raymond Kelly would be if they were reading this. As we connect to the higher dimensions, some of these people will be busy connecting to their own guilt and regret. We'll be there for you if that's the case, be thankful that we have compassion.
edit on 4-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All those people there and they just happened to single out the person on the bike?
Obviously you side with the protesters and are probably anti-cop but I am sure the person on the cycle did something wrong that got their attention.

I myself have had many experiences with bad cops over the years but fair is fair.
I didn't see anything that lead me to believe that they were out of line. They are trying maintain some kind of control in a very volatile situation where they are out numbered hundreds to one. I am sure they are scared and on edge but if they weren't there then everybody would possibly be breaking windows and causing more destruction.

If they all would put as much energy into job searching and their education as they do protesting then maybe they wouldn't be unemployed.

I have a 19 year old son who was "one of them" and when he got tired of complaining, protesting and laying around he went out and looked for a job......guess what? He is working now full time...huh? go figure.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't know why these people are so scared of the thought of a consciousness shift and moving on spiritually as a species. It's not going to be some type of mystical commie land, and there'll be way more interesting and cooler things to do than hoard wealth and oppress people. In fact that'll probably seem like an insanely boring thing to do in comparison.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join