It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary OWS video... is this a glimpse of the future?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by rebellender

change is only possible on the physical plane

and the best revenge is living well

It takes no courage to raise hell and be a Civil Disobedient.

lol
tell it to ghandhi
and MLK

edit on 4-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

well sport you just told on your self with that post...
you might go back and read history before you become history,
cause right not your words stink of vanity

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps you'll read this one.. Perhaps not.. but you made a couple accusations there about my integrity and character, as I read that.

why mass protests and civil disobedience no longer work
they are open to infiltration and subversion from within
and the state and its minions having 50+ years to practice have it down to a science.

rapist[s] should have been crippled from the waist down
if not set on fire.

I agree. I all but said so then. The nominal '2nd' on Safety was a retired Deputy Sheriff. It's not understating things to say there were a couple rather heated discussions among Occupy STL people on this. I'll also give them credit for at least debating. The fact there ever had to be one, was the problem. The fact the debate was only won for doing ANYTHING about a guy part of the time was unforgivable.

"oh i'm sorry your honor but that guy raped a friend of mine/fellow protester
i had no idea he was an undercover cop trying to make the movement look bad with the cooperation
of other infiltrators. umm can someone tell me why undercover cops are raping people again? "

and am not saying it was so in your case, but the tale you tell means something seriously fishy is up here

First, I never said an infiltrator did anything of the sort where I was or what I saw. I've heard many Internet screen names saying they are Occupy and claiming these things never went on and nothing of the sort happened in the camps, and what DID happen were infiltrators.

Umm.. That's a crock and there is no other way to put it. It's a lie on the face of it. Occupy ran the gamut and I hope, does this Season as well. I met a beautiful young lady, and meant in in terms of her character and personality, who spent 2 years doing Missionary work with the child soldiers Kony and his maniacs produced. I mentioned the Deputy Sheriff.....and 2 others were combat vets. Some great people.

Among the camp, were also the street people of Inner City St Louis. Someone had the brain fart of making Occupy into a Homeless Shelter, to include the distribution of the food we were taking in donations and being told to use for our protesters...as SEVERAL donating people looked pointedly at the homeless lounging around. I very nearly got into a violent confrontation that would have led to much more with a couple other safety people against several homeless who decided we were NOT closing the kitchen, the Occupy people inside were GOING to cook more food, and these fine camp residents were going over the top of anyone who didn't like it.

THAT is what being a homeless shelter caused...and the MAIN reason I left St Louis...and feel Occupy has little to NO future. Almost all suffer from the same mother syndrome to the locals in need. Well, the whole point of change is to BRING HELP to those in need.

They need a little patience while the change happens. Killing the movement from the inside out isn't helping anyone, huh? The worst thing? They had shelters and they had food options. We were just better.

tell me Wrabbit, why would a movement claiming to fight for the peoples rights do such a thing?

You're kidding right? Just a FEW rapes reported last year in Occupy Camps led the headlines and we did have media in camp, every day. Media wasn't far in the evening, it seemed. One juicy rumor and at least one crew seemed to draw the short straw and would show up for a bit. Heck, your humble Rabbit was even interviewed by Huffington Post. Twice.

Reporting the rapes doesn't mean reporting them. I was adamant that they be discreetly be passed onto the commander in the St Louis PD we had to work with for concerns like that.I and a couple others lost even that concession.

BTW... I'm saying as much as I am now because time has passed. Faces have changed...and nothing here is personally identifiable in any way. Nor will anything I say ever be on anything along these lines.

the fact that you're keeping stuff to yourself means you have doubts

Okay, I've been under the impression you'd lived in a camp, full time, yourself. In thinking back, you never actually said this that I personally saw, so that's assuming for me.... I can't imagine this being said by someone who spent more than some time at a camp, but living elsewhere. It's as personal and as intimate an environment as any barracks, dorm or residential setting of any kind. There is a WHOLE lot I saw that never has business being repeated. Given what I was volunteering for there, that really takes on new meaning for what I was in the middle of to help. It isn't doubts. It's the desire not to hurt people who trusted me. You might recall..I've spoken about trust and betrayl before. I live what I preach.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
OWS has been a Major influence on me personally. I even went as far to start the movement in my own town and now have monthly general meetings to share knowledge of my totalitarianism country.

But I do personally think that words and peaceful protests are not cutting it anymore and direct action needs to be taken. What ! I do not know but what I do no is you Americans would not have your own country if it was not for the brave men who stood for your independence.

Nelson Mandela 1962 Terrorist

Nelson Mandela 1999 President of South Africa.

Start fighting back & stop your bitching, I will not let my son will not grow up in this world so will have to participate to change.
edit on 4-5-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I saw an example of how the police should conduct themselves a few days back in Montreal. Instead of have to cops rush the croud and hit what ever they wanted, they walk amongst the people and were vigilant and arrested the ones actualy making trouble, breaking stuff and left the peacful protesters alone. Hopefuly they learned the errors of their ways.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I believe the day will come for the troops and the police to understand what is actually going on and how they are doing the greedy bankers deeds, turning against their fellow man. They will realize they have more in common with those they are arresting than those giving orders. When that day happens, prepare for hell.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Some day those bullets aren't going to be rubber.

You will have brought it upon yourselves.

Soon the words the protesters speak will no longer be words, they will become actions.

The establishment will have brought it upon themselves.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
At first I was shocked that they arrested the girl on the bike, but then I started thinking about things objectively. This was a mob of people literally taking over a street, ignoring established laws, and impeding regular traffic. These people even had the classic mob mentality. The police have every right to disperse them. I wouldn't want to see any kids around any of this because that was not a family friendly 'peaceful protest' or environment. This was anarchy.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OWS is continously braking laws and insisting that rights apply only to them. If they get on the bad side of the cops they deserved it. Especially after allowing the anarchist black bloc to join them. Any real protest would've denied their precense and exposed each one of them for cameras.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah, it is the police presence that is causing this. It has nothing to do with OWS's past crimes or anything. Nothing to do with their history of violence, rape, theft, destruction of property or vandalism nope it is 100% the police's fault.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

When the "# hits the fan" in the US, our military will be killing a lot of police officers.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Disgusting! Here we see a video of a mob of protestors attacking two individuals for exercising their own right to freedom of speech. I've been at solidarity displays where the opposing groups held protests and I have not witnessed that sort of behavior towards those groups. Occupy is for free speech...as long as its occupy approved speech it would seem.

OWS claims to represent the 99%. I don't think the two people holding the sign were in the 1% and I'm not in the 1% but OWS clearly doesn't speak for me or the people holding the sign; that being said maybe occupy should rethink the whole 99% thing?

Why is it OK for occupy to decry "free speech zones" then turn right around and violently deny the opposition their own right to free speech spoken anywhere the opposition chooses?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

I believe the day will come for the troops and the police to understand what is actually going on and how they are doing the greedy bankers deeds, turning against their fellow man. They will realize they have more in common with those they are arresting than those giving orders. When that day happens, prepare for hell.

They take an oath to defend the Constitution, not the bankers. If OWS had any sense of dignity, they would respect that and respect the police who have sworn to defend the constitution with their own lives if necessary. They have sworn to defend the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, even against self entitled bigots like OWS.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Some day those bullets aren't going to be rubber.

You will have brought it upon yourselves.

Soon the words the protesters speak will no longer be words, they will become actions.

The establishment will have brought it upon themselves.

And thats the day when the bullets will no longer be rubber my friend.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
Okay I had to just pause that for a sec at 2:38, what those cops just did to that girl on the bike... maann wtf,
I'm so mad I wanna puke, things like that are the reason people hate the police....

Those cops are just having a good old fashioned hippy beat down is all. It's been going on since the 1960's. This is nothing new.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

They take an oath to defend the Constitution, not the bankers. If OWS had any sense of dignity, they would respect that and respect the police who have sworn to defend the constitution with their own lives if necessary. They have sworn to defend the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, even against self entitled bigots like OWS.

I couldn't agree more. You know, it's really odd but I distinctly recall talk for years of how the Government was likely to use any serious unrest as their greatest dream come true and Christmas come early for jumping down all our throats with both feet. Now protesters are willingly talking about getting violent in an offense, not defensive way.

I don't think anything is so different today than it was a few years ago and going back on that point. If protesters of any kind ever show up to fight like it's an honest to goodness battle.......they'll lose quickly and the response from the Government will be so swift and overwhelming as to change America forever.
I sure hope no one goes offensive here and gives them the reason. It wouldn't take much the way things are now.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's not about the police. Its about our freedom to protest and demand change without their intervention. Its about the judicial systems staying out of our politics.

And when your protest gets in the way of everyday people trying to live their lives? What then? Your freedom ends when it infringes on my own. That's why we have police. Your argument makes about as much sense as calling having head lice a lifestyle choice (which is a serious argument I've heard before, sadly).

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Last I checked there were a million+ Tea Partiers in DC without a single violent crime. Can OWS claim that record??

Of course they can't and you know it. But then again you fail to point out how the tea party is pushing the agenda that the wealthy wants so why would the cops be there cracking skulls?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sorry but the cops fail in their pledge to serve and protect when they hire themselves out to wall street. Everyone of these pigs should be locked up. For betraying the public trust.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've always said since the start of this movement that it's not the 1% that we should be worried about.

It's the 1% of the 1% that we should be worried about. Most millionnaires couldn't give a damn about Government, Fed policies, etc.

It's the richest 1% of the 1% of the rest of us that we should be worried about.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I know that this may be a little off topic, but, I still would like to know what OWS has accomplished so far?

They are pretty strong in their stance, diligent in their protesting, but, what have they done? Is all this protesting getting them to their end goal, or, are they doing other things behind the scenes to get what they want accomplished?

Just asking, I really don't know. The waters seem to run muddy with regards to their objective.

As for this protest, I don't hear anything being yelled by the protesters except F*** the cops and other such nonsense. I guess I just thought it would be a little more organized and maybe they would yell out something that would support their cause.

Thanks,
Blend57

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join