It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary OWS video... is this a glimpse of the future?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A violent revolution must occur. Not against the Goverment, as this would be an easy loss for us. It must occur against the ignorant. Religion and Police. Once we abolish both a construct a new system, our goverment might start to see what we are capable of. Then we can write the Declaration of Revolution and start fresh.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Some day those bullets aren't going to be rubber.

You will have brought it upon yourselves.

i cant beleve i am reading you condone violence,
and them blame people for protestng, to "cause" this senario

????really?????

t&c

xp

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I watched on the news about 6 months ago that these Occupy guys weren't the real Occupy movement, that they were highjacked by another movement which has different motives.

I didn't know that these oakland ones were still going.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If any of you people think this movement can be simply crushed you're missing the point entirely.

Question : why are they protesting?

That is what it's about, and the questions will lead to people seeking answers. The movement will not die, it will only transform. If you crush it, it'll only appear under another guise and stronger.

Why? Because we are being enslaved, and if you want to laugh and move on, you'll return to this point before long unless we progress, that's assured.

edit on 4-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just to add one more point here to those that think I've fallen for the obvious trap : I'm not aligned with Occupy. The best thing I can imagine is Occupy and the Tea Party joining forces.

To all those that have fallen throughout our history to defend the ideals of freedom and equality : we have not forgotten you and we are not giving in.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I watched on the news about 6 months ago that these Occupy guys weren't the real Occupy movement, that they were highjacked by another movement which has different motives.

I didn't know that these oakland ones were still going.

If I may respectfully note something without seeming to pick an argument on this point....Occupy is Occupy and they own these splinter groups 100% unless they publicly say otherwise. It's boggled my mind that Oakland and others last year didn't get this. They just couldn't grasp this simple way which the public was writing them off with each new outrage ANY Occupy member or group did.

When Occupy represents the WHOLE 99%...and they've said that at max volume in enough people's faces for everyone to get that part of the "platform"...then that means bad with good. It doesn't matter if they want to own the bad or not. The public isn't asking and Occupy isn't responding. They lose by default...and have been.

I'd suggest here that Occupy tear a page from the Tea Party and Politicians for this one. When splashed with crap, it's never enough to just it isn't their crap all over them. They really have to say how they hate the crapper as much as everyone in the public watching does. The shooters at Oakland last year are the best example. Pathetic protestations of "Duh...err...They aren't with us... nope nope nope..not us" as the bodies fell just outside the lie of tents and started INSIDE the camp?

Oh well.... ^^ That is where I think Occupy has the most self defeating problems for public relations. If your not against it, your for it...because OWS has said they're for everything that is against the system, from day 1. They gotta condemn as needed, or they DO own it all.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We're all together dudes, let go of the divisions that they want to enforce on us. (it's so yesterday.)

*group hug (which includes the police!)*

I'm done here. The thought of hugging seabag makes me wary but I'll imagine doing it because he/she is family too.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Some day those bullets aren't going to be rubber.

You will have brought it upon yourselves.

i cant beleve i am reading you condone violence,
and them blame people for protestng, to "cause" this senario

????really?????

t&c

xp

Trying to put words in my mouth I see.

Well I am ok with peaceful protesting. Have no problem with it. But when people in Occupy incite violence they sure love the double standard. You don't even live in the United States and there you are putting your mouth into our affairs. I don't know what reality is for you in New Zealand but here in America we have the right to bear arms and for a good reason. Now if the cops are outnumbered and unable to restore order what do you think will happen mr smarty pants?

Are good people just supposed to stand by as a bunch of obsessed morons burn down their businesses and violently attack people on the streets like a mob?

You tell me mr smarty pants, if an angry mob attacked your way of life would you sit there and allow it to happen? Or would you defend yourself against an unruly mob?

Maybe theres not a lot of things to do in your neck of the woods, What business do you have telling Americans how to behave?

And by the way I don't condone violence, but I don't tolerate ignorance either. And yes, someday those bullets won't be rubber, and it won't be the cops pulling the trigger either. People have every right to defend themselves against unruly mobs.

Oh and in case you don't know what an unruly mob looks like and what kind of things they will do, here is a glimpse into the streets of America and this is how Americans deal with unruly mobs.

Pathetic.

edit on 4-5-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Glimpse of the future? All I saw was some protestors being restrained. How is that glimpse of the future? To my knowledge such actions are taken when a protest gets unruly. Now, I don't know if the cops are in right or in the wrong or if the protestors are in the right or wrong? Clever editing and certain camera angles can make an issue more favorable to one side than the other. That is something to keep in mind. I say protest until your heart's content, make flashy placards, wear clothes with holes in them, live in tent and eat spam, yell at the top of your lungs about this, that, and everything else, and whatever else floats your boat.

However, when rocks are thrown, cars are turned over, molotov cocktails are thrown at police officers or buildings, and any other form of violence is undertaken to prove a point? I would hope those in authority would take the necessary actions to restore order for not only their safety, but the public and even the protestors. Some of them are there to get their voices heard and to make a statement in a legitimate and law abiding manner. Some are there to stir up emotions and cause mayhem. They are not called rabble-rousers for nothing. Protest and protest some more, but spare the phony persecution complex. I can see right through it. Others can as well. Legitimate violations of a person's rights should be addressed. However, when such violations are instigated and perpetrated against the police by the victim? My sympathies wear thin in that regard. Just my take.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
Okay I had to just pause that for a sec at 2:38, what those cops just did to that girl on the bike... maann wtf,
I'm so mad I wanna puke, things like that are the reason people hate the police....

Those cops are just having a good old fashioned hippy beat down is all. It's been going on since the 1960's. This is nothing new.

Of course this isn't new, injustices have been happening since the dawn of humans, that doesn't make them any less disgusting.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I totally agree with you 100%! No body knows the real story by a video posted or one person's account. You gotta be there yourself.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

What happened here is so obvious it's insane...i do not know why people don't see it...the police were clearly outnumbered and at a disadvantage...only one had a gun...and shouting # the police only arouses fear and excitement...it's sad they had too grab the first person they seen yes...but "why did they do that???" it's obvious too me...they were making a point...act like this and this is what happens...ofcourse...if it was me in those uniforms,i'd have let the girl go around the corner,or at the station,she was only there for exampling...if that crowd got any more "rowdy",the police would have been forced too kill too defend themselves...a necessary evil...unfortunately. peace.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I never been to a riot that didn't start until after the police showed up. Their presence is the match for whatever happens next. If people are allowed to protest peacefully and the media does their job in interviewing the dissenters opinions on the friggin "news" for the nation to review and peaceably debate, then and only then can change begin.

Instead the media paints the picture in a bad light before and after the arrests begin. The state wins, but not really. People see thru that. Don't lose the focus of the message by being emotionally clouded by the engineered chaos of it all.

Lost sentiment really. Mainstream America isn't reading this. They watchin the "news".
edit on 5-5-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

You could show them a video of an old lady sitting calmly on the grass while holding a sign and then one of these stormtroopers come in a kick her straight in the teeth and stomp all over her body.. and they will STILL say that she must have done something wrong and probably deserved it.

Do you have that video? If you do, post it - otherwise, your post is nothing more than a bombastic bit of BS, an over-the-top and obvious attempt to manipulate emotion over reason, to disengage brains and instead tug at heart strings in a pathetic attempt at propaganda.

If you've got that video, POST IT - otherwise, I'm not ashamed to let you know that obvious ploys like this are what turned me off to OWS to begin with - no real message, no substance, just bombastic BS and manipulative attempts.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

never have they dared employ violence against my person
perhaps like the beasts they are they're confused because they can't smell any fear from me
maybe they can even sense that i'm willing to kill the day they dare try.

That’s sick, dude? You’re willing to kill cops for arresting OWS [snipped] because you happen to be one?

Give me a break, tough guy! If you break the law you get arrested. If you resist arrest you get smashed. Case closed!

I'm with you, Seabag - that sounds a LOT like BS, bravado, and bluster. I've had to deal with a fella or two who was "willing to kill the day" I "dared to" ... (fill in the blank). Willing to kill or not, they got handled. The main difference in result was just how far they carried the courage of their convictions, and how much damage resulted from that.

I've run across several folks who could beat me hollow. I never feared them much, because a beating is just a beating. If they can deliver it, I reckon I can take it - have so far, any how. I have NEVER run across anyone who was "unbeatable" - everyone has an off day, I don't care how Rambo he is.

Speaking of beating, there is an old Aztec proverb that says "the loudest drum is the one most hollow, and it's ONLY function is to be beaten upon to make the noise."

Think deeply on that...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Can anyone explain what's up with the one officer @ 4:38 holding a camera a few feet up with an extension thing pointed at the protestors. Is this common now?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by rebellender

hey man, just lookin over your post, you are the reason we have police officers.
In all of your rhetoric you mention killing but never do you mention dying for any cause,

dying is easy
why should i allow myself to be killed or abused?
it's harder to live for a cause than dying for one

It's not a matter of "allowing" anything at all - it's a mater of willingness, of conviction to pursue a course to only one end, and not wavering - whatever comes at you.

Willingness, not permission. They won't ask you if it's OK with you if they kill you.

It's absolutely NOT harder to "live for a cause" when all you have to do is draw breath and make grandiose claims. It's much, MUCH harder to be willing to put your life where your mouth is.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
protip for the girl on a bike - don't go for a bike ride in a protest....

I think there is going to be even more violence this summer, coming soon to a city near you?

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join