It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary OWS video... is this a glimpse of the future?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just watched this video post by a friend of mine in Oakland. This is horrible. The police presence during the protest is whats causing the problem. The police are visibly shaken and afraid. The protest i can see growing more violent. The video depicts people being dragged attacked gased and shot at OWS oakland. Enjoy...

Watch as the police lash out uncontrollably in anger. There should be some sort of law against them lashing out in violence and anger.
edit on 3-5-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Is anyone watching the Livestream of the Oakland camp these days? Camp ..group..whatever they are at the moment? I lived those feeds last year..but it's not worth my time this time around. I ask though because last year, the text side of the Livestream sever for Oakland was always good for vicious, nasty Anti-Cop stuff and bombastic talk of plans to do things and really get totally out of hand.

It's all talk....most of the time..and I know that. I'm sure they know that too....but cops have computers as well. I'd just say that if anyone reading this is among those taking glee in one-up'ing everyone on the streams for how bad the cops are gonna 'get it', remember the cops are watching it too....and I don't mean in some "They" abstract way either.

THE COPS...THOSE COPS..right there on the screen..THEY are watching that talk, personally. At least some are, you can bet on that and count coup before the win's called. They have computers too and it's their own little barometer on these days for how likely they are to be hurt or injured that night on their shift.

So... just remember...when you're looking a cop in the face and your both on the line out there, the hate you see may not be hate, but fear. As one noted. Fear is worse...because hate isn't passionate to become unpredictable. Fear in a Cop is...and cops respond to fear with violent over-kill, sure as anything. Stop TRYING to scare and berate the cops...and they might stop TRYING to beat down Occupy members before anyone has a chance to DO some of what the cops read on the chat before coming to work.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
All of these videos - for and against OWS or the police - are edited for the agenda of the side posting. No way to know the real story unless you were actually there - or get your hands on the unedited video.

And ATS condemns the mainstream media for biased reporting.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The police ARE the problem.
I've seen it first hand. I've seen protestors being all calm and whatever and then the cops come in making a whole bunch of noise and instigating them.
I've seen it MANY times.

But no matter what you show people, they will disagree with you. They will tell you that occupy is the problem.
These people know nothing. They watch the MSM and refuse to take part in changing the world.
They are lazy people with all the answers but won't get off their butts and help out.

You could show them a video of an old lady sitting calmly on the grass while holding a sign and then one of these stormtroopers come in a kick her straight in the teeth and stomp all over her body.. and they will STILL say that she must have done something wrong and probably deserved it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The Oakland Police have had extremely ineffective and inconsistent leadership in this whole thing, and it's made them more than a little bit insane. They've been held back, and then let go, and held back again, and criticized by the citizenry and their leadership the whole time.

Understand that I'm not an apologist for the Oakland Police, but I can see exactly how this happened. Authoritarian personalities (like police officers) need very strong and consistent policies. Without them they see existential threats to their authority at every juncture....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Oh I don't know....cops beat my uncle and he had over 100 stitches and that was way before there was even an Internet.
Police brutality has existed LONG before OWS.
It's just easy to spot there.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The police are visibly shaken and afraid.

and that is the problem, ultimately.

in nearly 30 years of dealing with these psychotics and sociopaths in uniform

never have they dared employ violence against my person
perhaps like the beasts they are they're confused because they can't smell any fear from me
maybe they can even sense that i'm willing to kill the day they dare try.

when i was a little kid in harlem during the 70's the police started doing stuff like that
it stopped pretty quickly, shortly after cinder blocks and bricks started mysteriously falling from the rooftops,
maiming and crippling police officers.

and i'm not talking about the undercover cop -cough- blac bloc guy who did something similar recently
that was just a show for the media to distribute

in harlem, nobody really knew who or what was dropping those bricks

edit to add
read people instead of police
when my dyslexia acts up like that
it's way past my bedtime

no matter,
in conclusion
until the people start fighting back
these abuses will continue

edit on 3-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: aded comment

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
One more quick note I want to add. I know I'm sympathetic to cops and here that makes me about as popular as a Reagan cheerleader at a Carter rally. This is an important thing to add though for anyone out there on the lines and who may not have considered this.

If Occupy loses the fight, as they always do, nothing much happens. Occupy goes to lock-up for the night. Maybe a few days if the cops really got creative on the report for charges. Little else though... No one is likely to be seriously hurt unless Occupy fought hard. Those are the stakes for the fight on Occupy's side. It's no deal breaker to lose....obviously...they've never won.

If the Police lose, on the other hand. People will die. It's not if..It's not maybe. It's a 100% certainty that the guns taken off the cops who have lost will be fired. Kids with toys must play with them, and maybe 5% of the camp I lived in had even HELD a firearm before. Almost everyone in that tiny minority were represented by the Vets. Now I'll bet...it was a tad higher than that, but it' probably best that the guys whose experience came by felony robbery cases left their opinion off those discussions.

I'll go away now and work my school work for finals this month. I'm just going to feel like weeping when the first Occupy people are killed this year. I'm shocked it never came to it last year, but this season is starting at the high violence level last year ended. It'll happen. With luck, it won't be anyone I know and care about, still out there......on either side.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's not about the police. Its about our freedom to protest and demand change without their intervention. Its about the judicial systems staying out of our politics.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The "scariest" thing about what is going on is the TRAMPLING of our First Amendment Right to protest that is occurring all across the nation...

EVERYONE, whether PRO-Occupy, or ANTI-Occupy, or of the Right or Left or in between, NEEDS to stand FIRM against our RIGHTS being TAKEN away!!!!

Theses are OUR RIGHTS being trampled here folks!!! This affects ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!

edit on 4-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hey we're on the "eve of the Kent State shootings".
History is repeating itself in a more damaging way?
Sadly, it looks like it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

It's not about the police. Its about our freedom to protest and demand change without their intervention. Its about the judicial systems staying out of our politics.

You aren't protesting. Your fighting. Occupy doesn't even play at pickets and signs anymore. All real pretense of peaceful protest has pretty well been dropped. Kudos for honesty there, since I was hearing what we're watching long before Occupy was willing ot say or do it publicly.

Now it's just a fight from first sight for both cops and Occupy people. Protesting would be showing unhappiness to bring change. Who are you showing? Who is watching to see the message? ...and who will have their mind changed? Those aren't even questions being asked, are they?

It isn't change by influence Occupy wants anymore, it's change by force. That isn't protest..and it's not being treated as protest. Surprise Surprise. Occupy is calling for change by FORCE now and FORCE is what they're meeting the moment they're confirmed in the open for who they are. This only gets worse if the tactics don't get smarter real fast. Violence absolutely cannot, ever, ever, ever win. I hope Occupy tried something less....suicidal.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

:shk:

so your advice is
take your beating, spend a few days in jail, get your record ruined

and all will be well?

sad

I'll go away now and work my school work for finals this month.

good luck with your finals
even better luck at landing a job in your field of study

lol

Violence absolutely cannot, ever, ever, ever win.

really now?
then why do psychopaths run the world
and their bestial enforcer class gets away with murder on a daily basis?

sometimes force is required
edit on 3-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

:shk:

so your advice is
take your beating, spend a few days in jail, get your record ruined

and all will be well?

sad

I'll go away now and work my school work for finals this month.

good luck with your finals
even better luck at landing a job in your field of study

lol

Well, at least do this much......as people look for a Kent State moment...
Be sure to choose IN ADVANCE, who in Occupy will have the stones to face the parents to explain how their children died for the cause.

Don't leave it to the cops. When it's finally pushed far enough and the inevitable finally happens, the dead stood with Occupy and they fought with Occupy. They will have died...for Occupy. Occupy better have the character and the people among them to stand once again....for notification and hold the hands of parents that just died inside. The part I want to hear? What will the reasons and explanations be...*IF* Occupy has the men among them to actually carry out the worst thing one person can do for another.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's been my experience that many police in CA are absolutely intolerant to ANY challenge to thier authority. Watching just gave me goosebumps, it was so disturbing...and I agree OP, very scary

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Be sure to choose IN ADVANCE, who in Occupy will have the stones to face the parents to explain how their children died for the cause.

Don't leave it to the cops. When it's finally pushed far enough and the inevitable finally happens, the dead stood with Occupy and they fought with Occupy. They will have died...for Occupy. Occupy better have the character and the people among them to stand once again....for notification and hold the hands of parents that just died inside. The part I want to hear? What will the reasons and explanations be...*IF* Occupy has the men among them to actually carry out the worst thing one person can do for another.

Violence absolutely cannot, ever, ever, ever win.

really now?
then why do psychopaths run the world?
and their bestial enforcer class gets away with murder on a daily basis?

oh dear, gonna have to change my perception of you:shk:

so if the cops do a kent state or a boston massacre...

it's all the protesters fault?

you sir, are either deluded or psychotically inclined.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Riots come and go, it is nothing new. It's as much of a glimpse of the future as it is the past.

You aren't protesting. Your fighting. Occupy doesn't even play at pickets and signs anymore. All real pretense of peaceful protest has pretty well been dropped. Kudos for honesty there, since I was hearing what we're watching long before Occupy was willing ot say or do it publicly.

Not true, Occupy Cleveland and many other cities are peaceful and are still protesting.

edit on 4-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Okay I had to just pause that for a sec at 2:38, what those cops just did to that girl on the bike... maann wtf,
I'm so mad I wanna puke, things like that are the reason people hate the police....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Used to be my hometown. Those kids are lucky with the amount of restraint our law enforcement shows here. If this were Syria, that street would be covered in blood.

Instigators and drama queens. They just hate the police. Heck, this crowd's message was F the police. It is scary, imagine trying to control a crowd that wants nothing more than for you to react to their trollish chants. I've seen rowdy crowds of Iraqis that were more civil.

Much of Oakland OWS pretenders see these movements as an opportunity to stir the pot. They want a fight they can't win for a cause that they barely understand. One that was borne out of Canada of all places. Yeah, OWS wasn't even coined in the US.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
Okay I had to just pause that for a sec at 2:38, what those cops just did to that girl on the bike... maann wtf,
I'm so mad I wanna puke, things like that are the reason people hate the police....

that's the whole point

they are trying to provoke a violent response from the crowd
then they can claim self defense
shoot the protesters like dogs in the street

and scare more people into accepting their chains

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join