It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 3 anyone else notice an extremely hot sun?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
reply to post by _Phoenix_

P.S Does anyone know if skin gets more sensitive as we get older?

Saggy maybe
Cold Warm Hot Dry Wet itsjust weather
It has been cold wet and rainin for the last eleven days here in the Uk
And we have a hosepipe ban

Cran

I'm in UK too, I'm feeling pretty cold right now, try to stay warm.

Goodnight.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
well on May Day & the following day (2nd) i was out at the picnic bench fabricating specialty signage for my son's business

it was the first time in more than 20 years that i got the 'redneck' sunburn... after less than +3 hours of sun-time from 12: noon till 4 PM...i got a very strong dose that made me very sensitive on the bedsheets and wearing a old-codger shirt to look presentable for my marketing at bi-lo grocery the very next day

now it is Friday and i have healed enough... but will wear a shirt on all my future outings in the yard

i say that the SUN is white hot..instead of the mellow yellow it used to be in my younger years in PA/WV/Michigan even during my mid 20s in Fla when the sunshine was pleasant instead of intense

P.S Does anyone know if skin gets more sensitive as we get older?...

~class of '48'~
yeah, it must if you gravitate toward living a AC/ TV watching, 'mushroom' existance...
Except for a steady rain, i am outdoors, wearing a mesh fishing vest, for 10 hours a day...
if the rain stops me from outside work then i'm indoors doing remodeling, etc

i think junk like steady tobacco smoking and coffee wears the skin out more than vitamin D sunshine
edit on 4-5-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Very much appreciate your adding to this thread here.
I agree that the sun shine was a pleasant not many years ago and people would seek it out.
Now every bus stop is a shelter and you never see people out on the curb waiting for a bus on a sunny day.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
From my own personal observations, this is how it goes around here. SoCal used to be known for it's sunny, clear days that displayed a lovely warm glow on the landscape. At least that is how it was almost a decade ago when we moved here.
Now, we are lucky to have more than a few days of sun a week. Most days, the skies are hazed over..almost white, if not gray.
So it stays fairly cool, even cold at times. Then we will have a day or two of "contrail"-less skies. Every time, without fail..after this interval, the sun feels like it is BOILING and the heat goes right up. I burn very quickly, which used to be unheard of for me..I always tanned.
Then the haze is back, sun is faded and the cool is back. I noticed it so many times, I started to keep a log.

Good stuff and thanks for your nice addition to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It's too bad you didn't die in the sun,because you are annoyingly stupid.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xunearthhxcx

bro we're sapposed to deny ignorunce here bro. Sun is hot? man I was outside today and I noticed the sun was hot. Then I went in the shade and it was colder. I don't understand this phenomenon. The sun is def. hotter

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
yeah even if its like 60 degrees the sun feels crucial!!
maybe were slowly loosing our magnetic shield? I really hope the movie Core stays a movie...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Raining as usual in Seattle. I wish I could feel the sun today...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

nope not yesterday, it was cold and raining all day long.

The sun may have come out for a break for 5mins.

Melbourne, Australia.......

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There was a dried earthworm on my driveway today. It must mean the end of the world.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Nope.

I mean......really.....I'd get "dinged" for a 'one-line' response, but that was my entire sentiment. (unless I embellish).

There is no "change" in the brightness, radiance, nor thermal activity from the Sun.

If this were to be the case, it would have dominated the news, with astronomers, solar scientists, and every other related scientific discipline you can name, those who make it their life's work to study the Sun, proclaiming "something" by now.

Maybe it was a particularly clear day, with low humidity (both at ground level, and at higher altitudes) and thus, no clouds in the vicinity?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Err no?

have you been touching the sun again?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Iwinder

Nope.

I mean......really.....I'd get "dinged" for a 'one-line' response, but that was my entire sentiment. (unless I embellish).

There is no "change" in the brightness, radiance, nor thermal activity from the Sun.

If this were to be the case, it would have dominated the news, with astronomers, solar scientists, and every other related scientific discipline you can name, those who make it their life's work to study the Sun, proclaiming "something" by now.

Maybe it was a particularly clear day, with low humidity (both at ground level, and at higher altitudes) and thus, no clouds in the vicinity?

Thanks for your thoughts and the post, I don't understand why just one day and one day only the sun was painful.
I created this thread to see if others here noticed anything and I dated the header so it is plain to all I was referring to May 3 this year and no other time.

If you read through the thread skipping the attacks and crap you saw that yes a lot of posters noticed this and some of them are serious skeptics to be sure.
All I can do is repeat once again, it was painful and I have never before felt that kind of heat while outside.
I spend all the time I can out in our yard year in and year out.
It was a first for me.
Thanks again for the reply.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Nope, here in the Central Valley of California is was a crisp 70 degrees today with a nice wind. It sure beats 90's when you work outside 10 hours a day.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jb1958
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Are you serious? Do you really think you have to be worried about what one of the big post count members thinks of your post? Are you afraid to say what you think? I'm not. I believe there is something going on with the sun. Its brighter, it feels hotter, and the weather has wild swings. This is not normal.

Are you serious? Have you read some of the whack postings on this thread?... Do I want to be lumped in with them?
I hold certain members on ATS in high regard and as the years roll by on this site, I am seeing less of them.
So yes, I do care what those few members think of me.
....but, I obviously posted what I experienced...The big difference is that I proffered no explanation or whacked out theory.....
I do want to respond to some of the extreme annoying posters........if you didn't experience anything, shut up and find another thread to chime in on.......all you want to do is show off your below average IQ by posting something completely inane.
Just because the op title is phrased as an interrogatory, he didn't literally mean for those of you that didn't notice anything, to post that you didn't....those people are drive by posting trolls that make the rest of us either pissed, annoyed or amazed that some people take the time to write something so useless...there are so many other threads geared for these peoples intellect....."Is ET a Christian?"......that would be a great thread to visit.

The OP didn't suggest that the sun was super hot because of the invisible planet X. What he should have said was....."Today, May 3rd, anyone else notice an extremely hot sun? if you didn't, please move along."

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Near record highs here today. I had to load up with sunscreen. Once i had my SPF 75+ on it didn't bother me except for the black t-shirt i wore.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Once i had my SPF 75+ on...

Here are some facts about SPF:

What is SPF?

Bottom line?

If you pay any extra money for anything above SPF 30 (or so) thinking it is going to be "more protective"?

Then, it's a waste of money.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I live in Toronto, Ontario and today was ridiculously hot!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, Iwinder it's a good thing you seem to have a pretty thick skin, not just to protect you from the Sun but based on the rude comments from some of the jerks trolling this thread you'll need it!

I have noticed the intensity of the Sun of late. A couple of weeks ago I was riding in the car with my Dad and had a short sleeved shirt on and my arm resting on the open window frame. I remember saying to him "Dad I don't ever remember the Sun hurting me like this after just a minute or so of my arm it it."

Could it be that in addition to the depletion of the Earth's magnetic field that our bodies are changing? I am not a doomer but I do believe the pace of our evolution is increasing rapidly now. Maybe changes in our internal makeup are causing our skin to be more sensitive. Maybe changes taking place are affecting our eyes and how the Sun looks to us as well. It could be that the Sun itself is responsible for these changes. Perhaps it is happening to all mammals on Earth and perhaps it is part of our natural progression as a species. Just an idea.

BTW I am also in SW Ontario.

Cheers, Caroline

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Once i had my SPF 75+ on...

Here are some facts about SPF:

What is SPF?

Bottom line?

If you pay any extra money for anything above SPF 30 (or so) thinking it is going to be "more protective"?

Then, it's a waste of money.

Oh well, it worked just fine for me.

Just sayin.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

Oh dear.

I realize that many who visit ATS seem to (illogically) distrust NASA...OK. But, what about the ESA?:

ESA makes the Sun available to everyone

Anyone wish to question the European Space Association?

I mean, only "those" who already "question" NASA?

Feel free to submit your peer-reviewed papers on the topic, please!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join