It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 3 anyone else notice an extremely hot sun?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
OP I was outside all day on May 3rd as well and I felt exactly what you did. I have skin that can handle some sun and there was an unpleasant light burning that i noticed. I also noticed like little tiny red dots appearing on my arms where the sun was directly hitting it. I live in Michigan not to far from you. I have been to Florida as well as Cancun,Mexico and the sun is noticeably different there then here. The sun I felt on May 3rd, was comparable to a southern type of sun. My girlfriend experienced the same thing and most people around me have made a comment or two about how hot the sun feels on their skin. The summer months should be interesting...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
no ones probably going to read this so i'll just make another forum tomorrow

i've noticed the suns been extremely hot for a couple years now, but just the other day, i was only gardening for a hour, and the sun wasn't even out the whole time, and i got a sun burn, and i'm not the type to burn up so i thought it was weird

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

What is your latitude, if I may ask?

And, Northern or Southern hemisphere?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I can remember living over in Italy during the 80's, and feeling the sun like a blast furnace on my skin during the summer, especially on crystal clear days.

I can remember feeling the same thing, during the summer months, when I was in the Navy, especially when doing ops in the Caribbean.

Here in the SE part of the US where I live, there are days during the summer when the sun feels like it's searing my skin.

I never feel this during the winter, however, I have gotten sun burn during the winter.

So for me, from my perspective, it feels just like it always has.

I do know that I burn more easily now than I used to. But then there is a nice little warning label on one of my meds I have to take each day:

"Avoid prolong exposure to the sun."

It's my blood pressure meds. I asked my doc about it, and he told me that while I'm on the meds, it makes me sensitive to the sun, and can turn my skin red like a sun burn:

Photosensitivity (or sun sensitivity) is inflammation of the skin induced by the combination of sunlight and certain medications or substances. This causes redness (erythema) of the skin and may look similar to sunburn. Both the photosensitizing medication or chemical and light source have to be present in order for a photosensitivity reaction to occur.

Sun Sensitive Drugs

I'm not saying this is the reason for everyone, but I am curious to know. How many of you that have posted in this thread, that have stated that the sun feels much hotter to you now than before, or have remarked that it looks like you've gotten a sun burn too early, are also on medication that might make you "sun sensitive" ?

Would be interesting to know.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

You're just now realizing this??

The Sun is very very hot! I notice it every summer when our Sun is out. The Sun by definition is an extremely hot star!

Really though, I did noticed it more hot than I am used to feeling.

Just a few weeks ago it was warm enough to wash my SUV for the first time this season. I didn't realize how hot it was, because it was still very early in the year to expect such an uncomfortably hot Sun. I was in the sun for, literally, 25 minutes without my t-shirt on. When I got finished washing my SUV I started noticing a bit of stinging on my shoulders, ears, and nose.

After my shower I could tell I was now fully involved in a confrontation with a medium sunburn. I was really suprised to see how bad the burn was, considering the time of year. I usually don't get a burn like that unless later into summer, when the Sun is closer to Earth in my region.

Also, the Sun was out again with an unseasonably hot result, much more than what I have felt in a while, during the same month.

Also, it wasn't because the temperature itself was intensely hot, but it seemed to have a different feeling in general. As if the Sun was penetrating deeper or reigning down with less Ozone filtering than I'm used to.

Could be just reaching too deep, but I do think you are not going crazy for entertaining this possibility

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

The Sun is very very hot!

Yeah!!! I know!!!

Oh.....the Sun is a Mass of Incandescent gas, a Gigantic Nuclear Fur-nace!.....here, let these people sing it!:

edit on Fri 4 May 2012 by ProudBird because: ooops

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yeesh, Iwinder. Some of the comments on your post are so insulting. "yeah, the sun is hot cause its the sun..duh duh..." Oh brother.

Well, I can totally agree with you - the sun is COOKIN! I live in Colorado and we were at 97 degrees today- a week or so before Mother's Day. The shade felt normal, but when the sun hit, it hurt and burned. I was frying in my car with the sun coming in the window as I drove home.

I don't care what anyone else says - the sun is different than when I grew up 50 years ago. It is much brighter, whiter, and as of late, much hotter. For those who are in the cold and rain - no, you wouldn't understand what we are talking about becaues the sun is behind the clouds for you, but when it comes out from the clouds, at least here, it is like being thrown into an oven all of a sudden.

Anywhos, that's what I think...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It's interesting, I was just listening to this amazing interview with Michael Murphy from Coast to Coast AM on his research into geoengineering and chemtrails. He mentions that weather modification has affected the atmosphere and ozone levels so much that many people are no longer able to easily tolerate being in the sun. Murphy has really connected all the dots . . . this is the issue we all need to be researching as our biosystems and our human health etc. are immediately imperiled by weather modification and geoengineering. The way he connects Montsanto, corporate power, political power, and complete control of the food supply and weather warfare is revealing, eye opening . . . and galvanizing. Here's the link.

Chemtrails Agendas Coast to Coast AM with Michael Murphy

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caroline13456
Well, Iwinder it's a good thing you seem to have a pretty thick skin, not just to protect you from the Sun but based on the rude comments from some of the jerks trolling this thread you'll need it!

I have noticed the intensity of the Sun of late. A couple of weeks ago I was riding in the car with my Dad and had a short sleeved shirt on and my arm resting on the open window frame. I remember saying to him "Dad I don't ever remember the Sun hurting me like this after just a minute or so of my arm it it."

Could it be that in addition to the depletion of the Earth's magnetic field that our bodies are changing? I am not a doomer but I do believe the pace of our evolution is increasing rapidly now. Maybe changes in our internal makeup are causing our skin to be more sensitive. Maybe changes taking place are affecting our eyes and how the Sun looks to us as well. It could be that the Sun itself is responsible for these changes. Perhaps it is happening to all mammals on Earth and perhaps it is part of our natural progression as a species. Just an idea.

BTW I am also in SW Ontario.

Cheers, Caroline

Thanks for sharing with us here, it was the same for me as I could only stand it for a few minutes then off to the garage I would go.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo
OP I was outside all day on May 3rd as well and I felt exactly what you did. I have skin that can handle some sun and there was an unpleasant light burning that i noticed. I also noticed like little tiny red dots appearing on my arms where the sun was directly hitting it. I live in Michigan not to far from you. I have been to Florida as well as Cancun,Mexico and the sun is noticeably different there then here. The sun I felt on May 3rd, was comparable to a southern type of sun. My girlfriend experienced the same thing and most people around me have made a comment or two about how hot the sun feels on their skin. The summer months should be interesting...

Great post and thanks for contributing to this thread, much appreciated.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
no ones probably going to read this so i'll just make another forum tomorrow

i've noticed the suns been extremely hot for a couple years now, but just the other day, i was only gardening for a hour, and the sun wasn't even out the whole time, and i got a sun burn, and i'm not the type to burn up so i thought it was weird

I agree, it was weird to me as well to the point that I was talking to myself saying "this ain't right" etc....
Thanks for your post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wakeupcall1111
Yeesh, Iwinder. Some of the comments on your post are so insulting. "yeah, the sun is hot cause its the sun..duh duh..." Oh brother.

Well, I can totally agree with you - the sun is COOKIN! I live in Colorado and we were at 97 degrees today- a week or so before Mother's Day. The shade felt normal, but when the sun hit, it hurt and burned. I was frying in my car with the sun coming in the window as I drove home.

I don't care what anyone else says - the sun is different than when I grew up 50 years ago. It is much brighter, whiter, and as of late, much hotter. For those who are in the cold and rain - no, you wouldn't understand what we are talking about becaues the sun is behind the clouds for you, but when it comes out from the clouds, at least here, it is like being thrown into an oven all of a sudden.

Anywhos, that's what I think...

Thank you for the post and your time to share with us here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thaxter
reply to post by Iwinder

It's interesting, I was just listening to this amazing interview with Michael Murphy from Coast to Coast AM on his research into geoengineering and chemtrails. He mentions that weather modification has affected the atmosphere and ozone levels so much that many people are no longer able to easily tolerate being in the sun. Murphy has really connected all the dots . . . this is the issue we all need to be researching as our biosystems and our human health etc. are immediately imperiled by weather modification and geoengineering. The way he connects Montsanto, corporate power, political power, and complete control of the food supply and weather warfare is revealing, eye opening . . . and galvanizing. Here's the link.

Chemtrails Agendas Coast to Coast AM with Michael Murphy

Thanks for the post and the link, I will get the wife to listen to it for me later on today and get the gist of it from her.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sotaz

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Iwinder

I think you're seeing shadows, so to speak.

Stop worrying so much about all of this doomsday propaganda, and you'll be fine.

People are finding what they look for...

Speaking of the sun... I think it's funny how the 11 year "solar cycles" are now the new y2k bug. 11 years ago, who was talking about 11 year solar cycles? No one. The illuminati take advantage of the fact that the average person is gullible and simply doesnt keep track of whats happening in the world. I think it's a cover story for them to start using EMPs to eliminate unauthorized technologies as they try bring the NWO into view.

It's always a "boogy man" -- a germ you cant see, a sun you cant reach, a computer program that cant be stopped -- all "problems" which are contrived and exaggerated and used to instill fear in the hearts of the masses. Stop fearing and start loving. This is the only way out of this mess.

I dont know about EMP theory, but i agree otherwise. The sun is not even very active. This is the weakest solar maximum in at least a century, but yet people are acting like sky is falling thanks to them falling victim to propaganda and doomsday predictions.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Yeah i noticed it yesterday.
yesterday was the first day in a while where there were clear skies, too.
I'm thinking that the cloud seeding(or as people like to call it "chemtrails") are being used to block the sun's rays.
There's probably a hole in the Ozone layer right above the U.S. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ozone layer was completely destroyed around the entire Earth.

Do people denying this ever go outside for extended periods of time?

It's not normal.
Don't fear though. It'll be alright in the end.

So why the heck is the sun not hotter here then?? And you obviously dont even know that you can check the ozone levels. Why is it so hard for you to believe that there might be a local thinning of ozone over your area?? The ozonlayer and holes moves and expands/shrink all the time. And this is even the time of the year when ozonlayer is the thinnest over the northern hemisphere.
And for your information.. The sun was actually a tiny bit hotter/stronger a decade ago.

And like I said earlier in this thread.. A couple of years ago we had the same when there was a ozon hole over northern europe and arctic region. Atmospheric conditions can also make a big difference like how hazy it is and so on.

Not unusual going on with either the sun or ozonlayer here in Norway:

If your theory was right then it would be a global phenomena.
This is as silly as screaming that the world is ending whenever there is a local heatwave or coldwave, which is in reality nothing more than weather.
edit on 5-5-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I am beginning to see a trend.

When someone "agrees" with you, they receive your 'applause' and esteemed "gratitude".

But, when someone tries to educate you, it is spurned, and derided. When such things as FACTS and reality interfere with a pre-conceived delusion.

Yeah....that is the pattern....quite obvious, by now.......
edit on Sat 5 May 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It felt like the suns rays were burning off my skin.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Iwinder

I am beginning to see a trend.

When someone "agrees" with you, they receive your 'applause' and esteemed "gratitude".

But, when someone tries to educate you, it is spurned, and derided. When such things as FACTS and reality interfere with a pre-conceived delusion.

Yeah....that is the pattern....quite obvious, by now.......
edit on Sat 5 May 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

I replied to your first post with respect and I did thank you for the input.
I am sorry if I offended you in some way, I truly mean that.
I have no idea what caused me to burn and burn bad on May 3 but I can see from the posts here I am not alone in my observations.
Again I apologize for any perceived insults you may have suffered in this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin
It felt like the suns rays were burning off my skin.

Thanks so much for the feedback here,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I have no idea what caused me to burn and burn bad on May 3

You experienced a bad sunburn? ON May 3?

Well.....I can relate, from experience, some VERY bad sunburns in my lifetime....going back to 1978, and before.

One thing is......IF there is a high layer of cirrus clouds, when you 'lay out' in the Sun? They will NOT 'protect' you from sunburn.

You MUST use some form of 'SPF' cream....and, by the way (BTW) anything over 'SPF30' is a rip-off.

So....did you get a 'sunburn'? I have had the same thing, in my lifetime.....MANY times.....it hurts, then the outer layers of the epidermis die, and you "peel"....it's kinda cool!.....but, until that epidermis peels off, you look "tanned" beyond belief!!! It looks "good" for a few days.....until it peels........

This all depends, of course, on your original skin tone to begin with. Me? Caucasian.....prone to sunburn.

You???? (we don't know, yet....care to share????):

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join