It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Another time traveller photographed with a phone to her ear?

page: 6
27
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


Zoom in on object.That is her middle finger against her head.Why do you post stuff like this?And who would she be talking (which she isn't) to that long ago.Who has the other phone in th 1800's.This was a waste of 1 min I will never get back.




posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
No Phone no finger IMO.

What looks like the object in question is actually the light between her pointer finger and her middle finger shining onto her face. I wish I could get a picture up with arrows and what not to show exactly what I am talking about but I'm to lazy to prove something that doesn't matter any ways lol

But yeah. The shadow from her pointer finger and the light shining between her pointer and middle fingers make that square device effect.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty
 


If you look closely you will see that the object that looks like her middle finger is WAY TOO LONG to be her middle finger...... So Its not..... Its light shining thru her pointer and middle fingers...... True story



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 





Sorry I don't know how to embed. This is on Aviary.com just to let you know.

This is what is actually going on in the picture. I'm sorry its a bit blurry. I threw it together on aviary real quick.

The object that seems to be her middle finger is actually light shinning thru her pointer and middle fingers. the shadow to the right of the object in question is just the shadow of her pointer finger. Pit the shadow of the pointer and the light from between the pointer and middle and you get the effect of a square like device.

Ok since this has been 100% debunked, can we stop this silliness?



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
No cell towers, no telephone system....

So, a cell phone wouldn't work.

So, look for a different explanation.


Um, ok... But only because you asked (or demanded, ordered me to?? I'm assuming you're directing this post to me, since thats how its plainly read as to be directed at the reader, which is me, and no other persons were specified...)

Her phone is equipped with a mini time machine that sends her signals forward in time to the cell towers that would eventually be in the area. She's actually calling her husband who is currently residing in the year 2012. It's one of those conversations you see on the show Cheaters. "Hi babe, I gotta work late tonight, so don't wait up for me... Yeah I was hoping we could have dinner together, too. But, you know how it is, we really need the money anyways. Ok. Sounds good. Yep, love you too." See, she found the best way not to get caught. She actually travels in time to do her cheating. Either way, its actually her other finger that looks like the bottom of the phone, and shadow from her not quite closed hand. But, you wanted another explanation regarding the absense of cell towers and how that would work. And since you basically commanded me to, I felt I had no choice but to oblige.

Personally I think this is a joke to begin with. My first thoughts were, "ok, she's obviously posing for this photo. It's not as if she were caught in a candid photo going about her day" which was a pretty clear indicator that, this is a bad joke. The ONLY thing this photo has going for it is that she has her hand in a way at the side of her head that makes her finger look like it could be a cell phone. But, it did give us something to talk about for a little while

edit on 1-5-2012 by 3n19m470 because: ok i just realized i dont know what half you people are saying is a phone. the little light inside the shadow of her opened hand is light coming in between her fingers... the thing that looks like her finger but too long, is... her finger. if you look at the top of her pinky you can see its slightly arched upward more than the rest of the hand behind it, making it appear way shorter than her other (middle, or ring?)finger



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Shadow of her hand ...

---------------------------------

You know it occurred to me that this woman getting her picture taken (probably a big deal for her) had no idea that some 100+ years in the future she would be on something called a "website", being viewed by thousands of people on something called a "computer", discussing her picture at length because someone suspected her of being a "time traveler"

I'm always thinking about crap like that ...


edit: this is Douglas Adams stuff right here ...

... and so it was in the twenty first century on an obscure website, visited by grown men living in their mother's basement who frequently adorned hats made of foil, that the great debate ensued. They argued fiercely for many pages in that thread over the nature of that mysterious object held so daringly in the young lady's hand ...

... But what they didn't realize was that the young woman was simply trying to hide an embarrassing mole on her right cheek ...

(I can hear the narration in my head
)


edit on 1-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is what is happening! No mini time cell Atlantic bell devices! There isn't even anything in her hand! for the love of what ever it is you love look at the picture I posted and see for you selves!


Originally posted by MrRichards
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 






Sorry I don't know how to embed. This is on Aviary.com just to let you know.

This is what is actually going on in the picture. I'm sorry its a bit blurry. I threw it together on aviary real quick.

The object that seems to be her middle finger is actually light shinning thru her pointer and middle fingers. the shadow to the right of the object in question is just the shadow of her pointer finger. Pit the shadow of the pointer and the light from between the pointer and middle and you get the effect of a square like device.

Ok since this has been 100% debunked, can we stop this silliness?

edit on 1-5-2012 by MrRichards because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I dont see no cellphone, i see fingers.

Dont be so closeth minded.

(If there really were time travellers, then why the hell they wouldnt get some towers and satellites back there/ or some more complexed radio/tech phone thing?)

it would be awesome to call to your husband and say, hei im aboard the titanic, and at the same time his at AREA51 working on invasion plans



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Could some one please embed the picture I linked?





posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!1


She's holding a futuristic INVISIBLE cell phone up to her ear!!!111eleven



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRichards
This is what is happening! No mini time cell Atlantic bell devices! There isn't even anything in her hand! for the love of what ever it is you love look at the picture I posted and see for you selves!


Originally posted by MrRichards
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 






Sorry I don't know how to embed. This is on Aviary.com just to let you know.

This is what is actually going on in the picture. I'm sorry its a bit blurry. I threw it together on aviary real quick.

The object that seems to be her middle finger is actually light shinning thru her pointer and middle fingers. the shadow to the right of the object in question is just the shadow of her pointer finger. Pit the shadow of the pointer and the light from between the pointer and middle and you get the effect of a square like device.

Ok since this has been 100% debunked, can we stop this silliness?

edit on 1-5-2012 by MrRichards because: (no reason given)


Woah there buddy.... I read your post, saw your picture... And who posted after you, saying there was something in her hand?? Hardly anyone posted after you put up your link to your flawed picture, so what's with the giant, shouting rant... By the way, what you're calling the "pointer" is actually the pinky. Look at your thumb, its attached on the same side as your "pointer" or index. Look at her thumb. It's not attached to the same side asbthe finger causing the shadow. So there's even more reason for you to quiet down a little about your so-called achievements...
edit on 1-5-2012 by 3n19m470 because: Just wanted to add... youre not the first one to come to that conclusion if you could stop shouting long enough to read a few of the other peoples replies who also contributed to this thread. Well, except they didn't mix up the pointer and pinky... so, in all fairness, I suppose that was actually something that you brought to the table in dazzling technicolor for all to see. Although I wouldn't exactly be shouting it from the rooftops...



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 

Optical illusion, that's her ring finger : ). Good find though.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


I find the designs of the chair more interesting... although it may be a mobile/cell, it could also be a shadow or one of a hundren objects she could be holding


As i said though the designs and symbology on the chair stand out to me...

Golden ratios, spheres, spirals and the center of the backrest which really stands out....

Might just be me but thought I would point that out


Peace!



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
BUT....... one day someone Will find a legit picture clearly out of place. Thanks OP for bringing it to our attention.... Still as I said before after lightening up the photo, it looked like her ring finger.... thats all.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


Definitely a cellphone. I can even see the brand as Nokia.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRichards
 


Please sit down before you stroke out!
Everything is ok.

I really do not believe anyone responding to this OP believes that she is seriously holding a cell phone


It's just a pose. The hand being in a position to show delicacy.



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
Shadow of her hand ...

---------------------------------

You know it occurred to me that this woman getting her picture taken (probably a big deal for her) had no idea that some 100+ years in the future she would be on something called a "website", being viewed by thousands of people on something called a "computer", discussing her picture at length because someone suspected her of being a "time traveler"

I'm always thinking about crap like that ...


edit: this is Douglas Adams stuff right here ...

... and so it was in the twenty first century on an obscure website, visited by grown men living in their mother's basement who frequently adorned hats made of foil, that the great debate ensued. They argued fiercely for many pages in that thread over the nature of that mysterious object held so daringly in the young lady's hand ...

... But what they didn't realize was that the young woman was simply trying to hide an embarrassing mole on her right cheek ...

(I can hear the narration in my head
)


edit on 1-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)


That's f'n rad, dude! I think like that, too, sometimes... I actually think its a healthy exercise to play out various scenarios in your mind. Seems like it would be the mark of a good writer, or maybe someone who understands the human mind, someone able to navigate themselves with ease in many social situations. Sorry, just rambling now, but that was very funny to me, sir! Carry on XD



posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think I am playing "Draw Something" with her...
Seriously, though, it's just a shadow. No cell phone.




top topics



 
27
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join