It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Make Ice Cubes with an Ice Cube Tray....(step by step instructions.)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hi.

I was talking with my mom last night about computers and the internet.
I told her you can find anything on the net even instructions on how to make ice cubes!

Of course we laughed but......www.wikihow.com...

So it's true just in case you were confused by the ice cube tray.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ice cube trays have always been so intimidating for me. I mean, besides the manual can opener and the corkscrew it has to be the most difficult thing to figure out how to use.

Thank you for the link, it definitely helped a lot!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think the step I was always getting confused about was opening the freezer door wide enough. I would always open it about 2 inches and then turn the ice cube tray on its side and try to slide it through but the water kept falling out. I actually got so frustrated that I went and bought a brand new deep freezer for making ice cubes because I dont have to tip the ice cube tray to get it in their.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
thank god for your link. the old lady with the recipe to make ice cubes died last week and my whole village has been suffering since!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Ice cube trays have always been so intimidating for me. I mean, besides the manual can opener and the corkscrew it has to be the most difficult thing to figure out how to use.

I hate those modern can openers, those stupid things with the two handles and the knob you have to turn. I still can't get them to work

Instead i use the older can opener, you slam right into the can and then cut them open.
Even if it makes me feel like cavewoman

edit on 28/4/2012 by ShadowAngel85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Hot water will make them clearer and prettier.

Hot water is the secret to nice looking cubes.

blog.thedrunkenmoogle.com...

There is more to ice cube making than you think

edit on 28-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Fill a clean tray with cold water such that the water level is even with or [color=B8EEFF]slightly above the top of the compartments, but lower than the outer lip of the tray.

If you fill the tray too high, the water may spill as you move the tray. Also, keep in mind that [color=B8EEFF]water gets bigger when it freezes, so the ice cubes will be slightly larger than the original volume of liquid water placed in the tray.

www.wikihow.com...

lmao @ "water gets bigger when it freezes."

Anyways, since water does expand as it freezes, you should keep the water level below the top of the compartments.

As can be seen here↓, in this image beside Step 6, he overfilled the trays.

In order to get a higher quality cube, you really should only allow the water to pass slightly over the bottom of the little cut-out areas (blue arrows), while leaving the water level below the actual top edge of the compartments (green lines).

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The stupid, it manifests!!

I honestly have no doubt some people have found that wikihow entry useful.

Either way, funny stuff

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Well heck, I just noticed that I've been fill the tray from the wrong side (smacking my forehead) no wonder my ice cubes have been so small. Shees.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's weird, because I've just been on the internet looking for ideas on how to make edible "ice cubes" that aren't actually made of ice. I found a recipe for making sugar crystals, or rock candy, so I'm going to try that.

See, the internet IS a wonderful thing!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I was thinking if my internet activity was being tracked by some evil government agency and they saw I searched on how to make ice cubes I was probably taken off of 'The List'.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I rejoiced when seeing they also had a video tutorial because their photo tutorial completely lost me. But then I panicked upon seeing the video tutorial was removed.

What do I do?! This is such a tease.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I remember the metal trays when they were frozen you had to pull the lever in the middle half the time the cubes would break up into pieces.what a pain in the butt.
As children we would get our fingers stuck to the trays,and pulled skin off more than once.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've showed my spouse a dozen times - the "proper" way to fill an ice tray. It's hopeless. A thousand videos would not change him so ....

We have a good COMPROMISE!

When he empties the trays - he leaves them for ME to fill!

This works great for BOTH of us.

Compromises can be a win-win situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Ice cubes are just what the 1% want you to use!

Occupy a freezer!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
OMG thank you for this thread..I've been so confused for years about this i keep putting my icecube trays in the freezer and nothing ever happens..Then i go out and buy new ones thinking my other ones were defective,,Now i know i have to fill them with water!..
I always thought the ice cube fairy came in at night and put the ice in the trays ..I'm going to fill my trays right now im so darn excited finally i will have those icecubes ive been missing for years..S&F peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ATS Thread Of The Day Goes To...

Drumrolll....

THIS THREAD!
edit on 4/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
ATS Thread Of The Goes To...

Drumrolll....

THIS THREAD!

A big star for you ..I agree

peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

maybe people are getting/being made dumber

this sites name says it all
believe it or not:

howtowipeyourbutt.com...

edit on 29-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added emot

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Great Thread!

Youd be surprised how many kids today dont know how to use an ice cube tray, or tht they were originally metal and not plastic. Let alon eknow what the term "Clicker" stands for, its a running joke in our house with my 16 year old, somebody is alway asking wheer the Clicker is
Thanks again

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join