It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's Ann Curry Rants: It's 'Fundamentally Unfair' Some Have More Money Than Others

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

now thats telling it like it really is

you know, listening to these old guys talk, nothing really has changed has it?

same ideology...are all of us then brained washed, or is it only the other guy?
edit on 29-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

No rebel nothing has changed same conversations same arguments everyday for over 200 years.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wrong. Life is fair, the greedy #s are the ones that make things unfair. You find it wrong to help your brothers and sisters? It's not about everybody having the same number of body pars. In which case you would help those that didn't have opposed to taking away from those that do have. Is it so hard to give everyone a million dollars especially when you can punt as much money as you want.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's even more unfair to punish people who have more money by taking away. It's also unconstitutional. People are protected against unreasonable search and seizure. It's extremely unreasonable to just take someone's money just because they have more. That's also theft.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The same arguments, the same insults.

The only thing different is the cast of characters.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jiggerj

If I go to your bank, your home, your wallet and take "our" money, you'd have me arrested for theft.

Can we stop all this "our" bull pooky.

Beezzer, I luv ya, but I think you're just being stubborn. And, well, so am I.

Well thats great that you can agree to disagree, but you still didnt answer his question....

Im curious on what your answer would be, with the point of view you stand on.....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofLeod
reply to post by beezzer

Wrong. Life is fair, the greedy #s are the ones that make things unfair. You find it wrong to help your brothers and sisters? It's not about everybody having the same number of body pars. In which case you would help those that didn't have opposed to taking away from those that do have. Is it so hard to give everyone a million dollars especially when you can punt as much money as you want.

I have no problem with people helping each other.

I have an issue when the government MANDATES that people have too much and have to give it up.

It's called theft.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofLeod
reply to post by beezzer

I have no problem with people helping each other.

I have an issue when the government MANDATES that people have too much and have to give it up.

It's called theft.

thats right, mandated charity isnt charity its robbery.......

only slightly different from a broke man robbing another on the street.........

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It's theft by proxy.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
And of course they do give to charity then they have a gun to their heads saying give more and then some people are running around screaming at the top of the voice!

Pay Your Fair Share!

Its funamentally unfair!

What total utter nonsense.

Another old guy

sounds familar doesn't it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wish ATS could be a safe haven from the class warfare going on. This constant back and forth is tiring.

Yes there is currently a "fairness" gap.

But blame the enabling government for providing and encouraging the gap.

Lets stand up, rich, poor, the haves and the have-nots and say NO to the divisiveness that is constant in our society.

Take my hand, puddin', all you folks, and lets not encourage DC's plans.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know.. maybe I'm being shortsighted, but after watching the clip it seemed to me she was speaking more about the 'access' to money. Kind of like when the Fed gave Goldman Sachs large loans with an interest rate of 0.78%. I'd like to be able to get that kind of loan.

But in the end, of course she's typical globalist scum

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

But blame the enabling government for providing and encouraging the gap.

Lets stand up, rich, poor, the haves and the have-nots and say NO to the divisiveness that is constant in our society.

Take my hand, puddin', all you folks, and lets not encourage DC's plans.

D.C is acting the way it does because it is being influenced by the rich buying into the
process, where is the disconnect in your brain? D.C's plans are their plans, so you
can go after DC from here until eternity and never even touch the source of D.C's
directives.

Divisiveness is not just a word, it is also something that can be practiced to real effect.
For example; creating a special line for rich people to get ahead of everyone else in the airport is
divisive and does distinguish access via class and wealth. But you guys chastise the people who notice
it and point it out.
edit on 29-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
I don't know.. maybe I'm being shortsighted, but after watching the clip it seemed to me she was speaking more about the 'access' to money. Kind of like when the Fed gave Goldman Sachs large loans with an interest rate of 0.78%. I'd like to be able to get that kind of loan.

But in the end, of course she's typical globalist scum

How dare you point out that people who are already fabulously wealthy pay 0.78% interest
on money that we much more for... what are you, a communist?

That is exactly the point, but have no fear, our friends here make sure that will never change.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

How dare you point out that people who are already fabulously wealthy pay 0.78% interest

That is exactly the point, but have no fear, our friends here make sure that will never change.

Following his removal, the NY Post found the homeless squatter at a nearby McDonald’s, where he revealed that he had no clue who owned the home. “Ann Curry means crap to me! The reason I lived there was because they chased me out of Central Park,” the hobo explained, quickly adding, “I’ll go back if someone says, ‘Here’s the key. Maintain the building.’” Because police found the man sleeping in the vestibule – and not completely inside the building – he was taken to a homeless shelter instead of jail. He’s the second vagrant to be kicked out of the property in a year. Curry, who, according to an NBC spokeswoman, “is currently traveling to Africa to cover the humanitarian crisis” could not be reached for comment.

Ann Curry’s Homeless Brownstone Squatter Kicked Out by Police

Hypocrite.....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Following his removal, the NY Post found the homeless squatter at a nearby McDonald’s, where he revealed that he had no clue who owned the home. “Ann Curry means crap to me! The reason I lived there was because they chased me out of Central Park,” the hobo explained, quickly adding, “I’ll go back if someone says, ‘Here’s the key. Maintain the building.’” Because police found the man sleeping in the vestibule – and not completely inside the building – he was taken to a homeless shelter instead of jail. He’s the second vagrant to be kicked out of the property in a year. Curry, who, according to an NBC spokeswoman, “is currently traveling to Africa to cover the humanitarian crisis” could not be reached for comment.

Ann Curry’s Homeless Brownstone Squatter Kicked Out by Police

Hypocrite.....

... and you are here to make sure things never change...Do you get paid for your efforts?

So the fact that Curry is what she is, changes the fact that the banks loan money they get for under
1% for 35% in some cases? You have to gotcha Curry so you can distract from the underlying
message...

You think it is fair that they can get a $100.00 loan for $.78 while it costs us much more to
borrow money? I don't think that system sounds fair at all -

How about waiting in line at the airport? Should a rich man get to bypass the line by throwing
his money or status at the line?
edit on 29-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why lets listen to the dukes own words.

Warning theres some foul language in this video

and some vulgar language.
edit on 29-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Wow, John Wayne is incredibly more insightful then one would expect. Pity he never ran for elected office.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
reply to post by InfoKartel

I'm pretty sure that when I was born, there was no one standing there with a contract or agreement between me and the universe that life would be "fair."

It ain't.

Stop whining.

So how does it feel to be contributing absolutely nothing to the topic?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

Then fork some over, Curry. You hypocritical (#!)

Just like a prog.

Always willing to give away other peoples money.

from the OP:

...co-host Ann Curry decried people being able to pay more money to get through airport security faster: "...there's an inherent unfairness to it....it's about those with money having an easier life than those who don't. And there's something fundamentally unfair about that.

emphasis mine

why don't you try commenting on what was actually said instead of what you wish she'd said

I know how hard it is to resist any opportunity you come across to catapult yourself into an anti-marxist fit - and to swear at the evil communists, but giving away other people's money is not what she's talking about

so, beezzer - should one class of citizen be able to buy themselves out of an inconvenience that by law we are all supposedly supposed to endure?

edit on 4/30/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: techincally too short to be a tirade - so we'll call it a fit

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

reply to post by xuenchen

Then fork some over, Curry. You hypocritical (#!)

Just like a prog.

Always willing to give away other peoples money.

from the OP:

...co-host Ann Curry decried people being able to pay more money to get through airport security faster: "...there's an inherent unfairness to it....it's about those with money having an easier life than those who don't. And there's something fundamentally unfair about that.

emphasis mine

why don't you try commenting on what was actually said instead of what you wish she'd said

I know how hard it is to resist any opportunity you come across to catapult yourself into an anti-marxist fit - and to swear at the evil communists, but giving away other people's money is not what she's talking about

so, beezzer - should one class of citizen be able to buy themselves out of an inconvenience that by law we are all supposedly supposed to endure?

edit on 4/30/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: techincally too short to be a tirade - so we'll call it a fit

I'll reply for him. Yes citizens should be able to buy themselves out of an inconvenience. No different from going to a theme park and buying the flash pass so you can skip lines, or buying an easy pass to get through tolls.

Get off your high horse buddy.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join