It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veneration of the pagan sun god in the beast's mark vs God's mark and seal : powerful video sermon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

I do not rely on second hand information....I have a deep personal friendship with my creator and I have felt His presence in my life, when I have been going through tough times and He was the only one I could rely on, I have felt His gentle guidance and soft whisper on my heart. My personal experience with Jesus is well before I learned all this archeology, science.....I know my savior/creator/God is real]

I don't doubt you have felt these things, as have many people of many beliefs.
My caution lies in the notions of exclusive understanding in matters that most are humbled enough not to presume.
My take on Satan, is that 'he' is the essence of a dogmatic preacher, and was cast out for presuming knowledge.
Metaphorically speaking of course.
If "God" were great "he" would not condemn those who could not believe the unbelievable assertions of others (books/prophets/preachers). I would think "he" would be more peeved with those who reduced the sheer magnificence of the "creation" into petty mythological power struggles, which in my mind reflect more the purposes of those who disseminate such beliefs.

I am certain that what I believe matters little in the context of these "divine" machinations, and hope that, "God" can forgive my reluctance to believe in mere words of men. My intentions are to not be "blasphemous", as I believe that what is believed without truth is the only evil.
edit on 13-5-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If anyone wanted to disprove Christianity and Jesus in my books they would have to do a hell of a lot better than just focusing on periphery things. I would like to see some non-Christian argue the case when people have had experiences like that of an 'alien abduction' and have called out the name of Jesus to help them that the experience has stopped, the 'aliens/ETs' have pissed off, and they are back in safety that this was not in fact Jesus who helped them.

Or convince the people that have had exorcisms (check out some by Bob Larson on Youtube) that when the spirits are called out in the name of Jesus that this is not in fact what happened.

I do not have the power to disprove the unfalsifiable, however in response to your very challenging examples of aliens etc, I would point only to the complexity of delusions possible within the human experience.
I do not wish not to believe in the truth, yet am often horrified by those "un-glorfied" assertions of those who wish to give it to me.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

Your beliefs are of paramount importance to the 'Divine machinations' that is what the whole struggle/war is about....it is about YOU. Satan trying to set up pitfall after pitfall, trap after trap to lead you away from God and ultimately the destruction of your soul and Jesus on the other hand is hoping that through this struggle you will find and learn to rely on Him. The power struggle is already over, that finished at the crucifixion and resurrection. Satan was unable to tempt Jesus throughout his whole life to once transgress the Divine Law. If he had then God the Father would not have accepted the sacrifice Jesus paid to purchase us with is life.

So really where we are at is that Satan is just on borrowed time at the moment and to not choose God's side at this stage is really quiet illogical. To not pick Jesus or to actually choose Satan is to pick a known lost side. We are just at the stage where Satan tries to take with him as many people as he can because he knows that this is what will hurt God the most, and for Satan to show his true full colors to the universe when he is going to be allowed to rule but for a very short time.

People can decide from this message whether the information I have presented from the bible alone is enough to convince them or whether they just wait for events to transpire. I am happy to provide more information sources which will help people know what we know....but if it is all about shooting down the messenger then forget it. Sincere seekers only...

If they wanted to look into it more though a good place to start searching is all the groups around the world that are lobbying for a Sunday law now already and what they have done in places in Europe to change up the typical work week to prepare for this.
edit on 13-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

I really appreciate your concern but your Satan has absolutely no power over me.

What does have consequence are these continued "defamations" of the cosmos, into messianic, apocalyptic notions. This is the cause of much polarization and hatred, and the ultimate justification for unacceptable behavior.
On mothers' day, give thanks to our mother earth. Give thanks to the sun that make life possible, and don't demonize these most valid practices.
Your mythologies have separated us for too long, from the source of true spiritual connection.
You give labels to things, that in truth you know nothing consequential about.
There has not been a belief yet entertained by man kind, that can encompass the extent of things.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

looks like I got into the soft-talk Christian 'evangelism' which I didn't want to do on this thread...I will refrain

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

In truth, I admire your ernest searching, but do not think equating veneration of the sun to 'evil' give credence to all those other 'souls' before you that have also just been searching for greater significance in the context of their self awareness.
If you get a chance watch 1 Giant leap "what about me", with an open heart.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I talk with my family about God every day, because he is our God every day. We believe that every day is a good day to talk with Christ; after all he is alive in us and talks to us every day. We work when we are scheduled to work since we are instructed by the bible to care for our families. We do family activities whenever we can without regard to the day. Some days we do things that could be considered spiritual but mostly we just love each other every day.

Whenever anyone in my family does some that is out of the context of love we discuss what happened and encourage each other to listen to the spirit. We listen to the bible on CD for at least a little while almost every day. I also have a CD full of my favorite Christian music that we listen to while driving. I do let my children listen to normal radio and watch regular shows on TV but sometimes the lessons on the radio and TV are just a little too much. This is when we focus on God, so that I can remind my family that we are not like the people who are on the TV or like the people who are singing the songs.

We are temples of Christ and do our best to honor his temple every day. We eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ every day. For the word of God is real food and the living water fills us so we do not thirst every day. Everything in life can be seen as an opportunity to either marvel at the beauty of creation, or reflect on the love of Christ. I do not shelter my children for I want them to experience all the evil that this world has to offer. Not so much by committing these acts but by seeing firsthand what happens to those that do? Everyone is sitting around for a day of judgment, but they cannot see that the day of judgments is today. My children listen to the spirit so they know what pleases the father and they understand that judgment is today when they do not listen.

My children see how miserable their friends are who act in the flesh only. They see the hate, greed, sexual immorality and they understand that these people are truly dead in their sin. They have no happiness because it is not happiness they pursue but rather the lust of the flesh. They are addicted to the lust of the flesh and therefore have become prisoners to it. Happiness can only be found by listening to the spirit. Scripture is right when it says the love of most shall grow cold.

You cannot find freedom from judgment from obeying a Sabbath, freedom from judgment can only come by listening to the Holy Spirit. I strongly recommend you spend more time reading what Ive posted in this thread because you have not yet learned to listen the Holy Spirit. You are looking for the truth in Scripture and have listened to find sounding arguments of men. You obey rules and regulation that appear to be wise, with their self-imposed worship but lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

The truth is not found in scripture, but rather the bible is the key to the door. In my family we believe God over man. We believe that every word of the bible is true. We are young earth creationists who have believed that God wanted to answer all of our questions about life and did so in the bible. But we listen to the word that God speaks to us every day, and he speaks to me no more or less on the Sabbath than he does the other 6 days of the week.

If he calls you don't harden your hearts for today is a good day to enter into God's rest.

edit on 13-5-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I do my best to honor God's temple despite what day it is already

What sensual indulgence exactly have I let go unrestrained in my life?

There is a million and one ways put out before us to stumble upon that can lead us away from God permanently that will not keep us free at Judgement at all. I keep the Sabbath because God says if you love me you will keep my commands.

I was giving people reading this not just you a practical guide to keeping the Sabbath Holy who are unfamiliar with the concept entirely, to flesh out a bit more what jmdewey60 says in his more abstract brushes. I am not interested in getting into a pissing contest with you to see who is 'better'. I am here to help people learn what the final end days test will be, not having my character judged by someone who knows next to nothing about me. It appears whatever response I gave you I would be damned if I did or damned if I didn't

Have a look at the multiple meanings of God's rest, to better distinguish the multiple concepts it references in your Hebrews 4 verse and what it means for 'today'

Does “today” replace the seventh day?

edit on 13-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Revelation 22:18-20 18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

I know you fully believe that SDA is the remnant church inspired by true profits so posting this link will likely not change anything you think. But since it is your mission to warn the world by being firm let me be firm with you.

Plainly you do not believe the words of the bible or you would stop adding to the message in revelation as would the church you attend. Clearly it has been proven that at least some of Ellen Whites prophesies did not come true.
www.inplainsite.org...

Deut. 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Ellen White is a false prophet no matter how much explaining that you do. She clearly predicted the second coming prior to the death of all members at her 1856 conference. When this did not happen instead of acknowledging the failure in prophecy the church went into apologetics mode.

Why would the church do this? One word "money". Your church is built on the Old Testament law of Tithing. They were more afraid of losing money than admitting the truth. There is no law of tithing for the church. For anyone who lives by the law must obey the whole law. Tithing isn't even in the 10 commandments. So I hope you follow the entire livitical code where Tithing can be found. Do you obey them all? If not you are a law breaker. And anyone who breaks even one law it as if they broke them all.

What does Jesus say about this? What did Paul say?

Mathew 17:24-2624 After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax?”
25 “Yes, he does,” he replied.
When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. “What do you think, Simon?” he asked. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes —from their own children or from others?”
26 “From others,” Peter answered.
“Then the children are exempt,” Jesus said to him. 27 “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.”

Acts 2:45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-13 6 Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you. 9 It was not because we do not have that right, but to give you in ourselves an example to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. 11 For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. 12 Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.

13 As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good. 14 If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

2 Corinthians 11:8 I robbed other churches by accepting support from them in order to serve you.

The church that Paul set up required every brother to work with their hands. If Paul and the other Apostles thought it right to work day and night to make money so that they would not be a burden and Paul commanded that Elders do the same, why does the church not look like this today. Paul, even in his missionary work called accepting support from the church robbery. The law of tithing was a shadow for the true message in Christ, everything you have belongs to God so give to him by giving to all who have need. Jesus was more impressed with the pennies given by the poor lady than the tithes of the rich out of their excess.

Give to Caesar what is Caesars give to God what it Gods. Everything I have and everything I am belongs to God. If the Holy Spirit told me to give it all away I would and indeed in a very real since have. I am a son of God and will give everything to God, but nothing to an idol brother.

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

You can continue to believe idol men who use Godliness as a means to financial gain. Or you can listen to one who knows that the only teacher is Christ. A man who could never accept money to teach the word of God. I would rather starve to death than receive income for spreading a message that does not belong to me. If my gift is teaching it is not me that teaches but Christ who teaches through me.

I am trying to save you. You are in danger of having the plagues described in Revelation added to you just as the scripture states. So far you have done this out of ignorance; you have simply followed others who also don't follow scripture. You have been warned so now you have no excuse. The choice is yours obey the word of God or your church. For me I fear the one who can destroy both body and spirit so I will obey God.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Comment on your Revelation 22:18-20 Verses

Please outline specifically which visions of Ellen White I have presented here which are contrary to what we can deduced from Revelation or scripture? I am not going to just let mass insinuations take place against me without you even backing it up with anything past innuendo....List for me exactly all the errors I have presented so I can at least address each one. How am I meant to learn if I don't know where the error lies right??? I look forward to the challenge and being shown how to walk in the light of understanding of the one who describes themself as a person who has searched hard through Revelation but unfortunately couldn't make sense of it with his own human logic and its mystery's have not been revealed to him.

---------------

"I know you fully believe the SDA church is the remnant church"

- Incorrect assumption about me, I believe that the SDA church has an important end times message to tell the world and through the time of tribulation there will be defections out of the SDA church of those of lukewarm faith. Through the message that will be predominately given by SDAs though during the tribulation will bring out God's true followers from every church and religion across the whole world and this will be God's remnant church people.

---------------

I will address your statement in a future post about a false prophet when I have had adequate time to research the claims against E. White presented. I hope you actually researched the claims yourself before presenting them so you actually know that they are legit then just wasting hours of my time. Your track record on presented things that are researched and accurate appears so far to be very poor and I hope that such 'idleness' hasn't caused you to fall into a well placed Jesuit trap. I guess I should welcome the opportunity to establish even greater credibility in the message....
---------------

You insinuation that you keep your 'temple' better and therefore your opinion is more valid.

Hmmm, seeing that Adventists are known as the major group around the world with the highest life expectancies I would say, your insinuation is incorrect.

"By far the most surprising fact is that Seventh-day Adventists are the only culture that are not losing their longevity. It appears that their positive healthy behavior is playing a major part. "

source: www.healthylifeinfo.com...

Adventists live longer - According to CNN (Why do Adventists live an average 10 years longer than other Americans?)

How to live to be 100+ (National Geographic & Blue Zones confirm that Adventists live ~10 years longer than the average and are the #1 longest living group in America& some say the world (this is due to Bible principles they follow)

Probably not a good idea to compare who's temple is keep cleaner when you are up against an Adventist following messages from God through that 'false prophet'
------------------------
Your insinuation that I lack the ability or do not value to restrain my 'sensual indulgence' which invalidates this message...

I consume no alcohol, do not smoke, no pre-marital sex, no recreational drug use, don't drink coffee

next slanderous attack please....

--------------------------
2 Thessalonians 3: 6-13 some slander about idleness
- Hmmmm, fastest growing denomination in North America and one of the fastest in the world

" For observers outside the Seventh-day Adventist Church, the growth rate in North America is perplexing."

" The Seventh-day Adventist Church is one of the world's fastest-growing organizations, primarily due to increases in Third World membership."

source: record.net.au...
www.religionfacts.com...

If this is the results of idleness then give me more idleness!!!
-----------------------

I guess I should congratulate you that you have made it clearly known that you have given away so much of yourself already that you now are in the fortunate position to only 'work when we are scheduled to work since we are instructed by the bible to care for our families'. hmmm....busyness = good ....you can sort that one out with God.

-----------------------
I think most church treasurers would laugh at your comments about Tithing making us rich or something. People can give or not give whatever they want. We were told the statistics that if we were all on government payments only and gave 10%, the money would be many times larger than what the church takes in which is used to pay professional pastors (who actually know what they are talking about), the costs of running a church and the extensive evangelism and aid programs we run around the world.

--------------

It is questionable who is in fact the one participating in 'malicious talk' and 'evil suspicions'

edit on 14-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

thank you.....I will check out your link

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Quality over Quantity. I'd rather have 10 less years of life where I am ACTUALLY enjoying it all the way through, than to spend my whole life following some rule book just to get 10 extra years in this slavery.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Ok, I have found some good E. White defense sites which I will list for you:

- Ellen White and her Critics This is a 440 page pdf file that should answer just about every false accusation made against her writings

- The main source of the accusations against her

- www.ellenwhitedefend.com...

- Defence contents page

- In defence of the faith - The Truth About Seventh-day Adventists A REPLY TO CANRIGHT by William H. Branson

You should find your answer on 1856 in chapter 8 of the pdf link 'Ellen White and her Critics'

I would say that if the answer is not acceptable or complete enough to you then seek answers in that same pdf file to some of the other critics as well to build a general overview. Whenever you come across a criticism spend even more time following up on it to get to the bottom of the accusations. Once you have done this a few times and understand the general lay of the land it is easier to dismiss things faster.

The whole purpose of the critiques is to stop people from even getting started reading any of her works. I would say, instead of being told what to avoid by faceless critics have a read of some of her material yourself and see if it is inline with the Bible. When you read in this way you will see that she is not adding anything to the bible, she is providing a magnifying glass of analysis of what is already there. I would be surprised to hear from anyone that has read 'Desire of Ages' that it was not completely spiritually uplifting for them. That book alone has brought millions of people to find Jesus and help them understand the bible more fully which can often be a daunting task for many people.

Any claims you make that she has added to Revelations things that are contradictory of simply not there I am sure I will be able to prove false. All I will need to do is explain the proper meaning of the symbolic language used in a certain sections that you may be unfamiliar with and you will see how things fall into place and those conclusions are reached.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I can assure you that I am under no sense of slavery to choose to follow the guidelines from God that lead to the greatest physical, spiritual, emotional and mental vitality all throughout ones life.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Ok, I have found some good E. White defense sites which I will list for you:

- Ellen White and her Critics This is a 440 page pdf file that should answer just about every false accusation made against her writings

- The main source of the accusations against her

- www.ellenwhitedefend.com...

- Defence contents page

- In defence of the faith - The Truth About Seventh-day Adventists A REPLY TO CANRIGHT by William H. Branson

You should find your answer on 1856 in chapter 8 of the pdf link 'Ellen White and her Critics'

I would say that if the answer is not acceptable or complete enough to you then seek answers in that same pdf file to some of the other critics as well to build a general overview. Whenever you come across a criticism spend even more time following up on it to get to the bottom of the accusations. Once you have done this a few times and understand the general lay of the land it is easier to dismiss things faster.

The whole purpose of the critiques is to stop people from even getting started reading any of her works. I would say, instead of being told what to avoid by faceless critics have a read of some of her material yourself and see if it is inline with the Bible. When you read in this way you will see that she is not adding anything to the bible, she is providing a magnifying glass of analysis of what is already there. I would be surprised to hear from anyone that has read 'Desire of Ages' that it was not completely spiritually uplifting for them. That book alone has brought millions of people to find Jesus and help them understand the bible more fully which can often be a daunting task for many people.

Any claims you make that she has added to Revelations things that are contradictory of simply not there I am sure I will be able to prove false. All I will need to do is explain the proper meaning of the symbolic language used in a certain sections that you may be unfamiliar with and you will see how things fall into place and those conclusions are reached.

Have you read chapter 8?
Problem number 1. Jesus said that no one would know the day or hour not even the son.

Problem number 2. There was no condition stated at the time of the prophesy. If a prophesy is conditional than it should be stated as such, wich it was not. It only became "conditional" according to the church once it failed.

Problem number 3. The churches definition nullifies this verse.

Deut. 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Since God does not contradict himself the churches interpretation must be incorrect.

Problem number 4. The SDA churches interpretation allows for anyone to be a profit. You see I am a profit. The world will end tomorrow. Now when tomorrow comes and the world does not end I am not a false profit but God through his mercy simply changed his mind so now we have more time to repent.

This is the essence of what your church expects you and me to believe. I am sorry but I will stick to what is written plainly for all to read and avoid contradictory interpretations that are only necessary to support false prophecy.

edit on 14-5-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

First let me state that if you believe that I was attacking your personal character I apologize because that is not the intent of my posts. As a matter of fact it is possible and even likely that I am the least of all of those who God has saved. Please understand that I am not insinuating that you are or are not filled with the Holy Spirit, if you say the Holy Spirit dwells in you than it does. The bible makes it clear anyone who believes this he does dwell in.

What I am attacking is something that I also used to believe in. I was caught up in the SDA view of revelation for a while also. The argument sounds very logical and who knows they may even be correct. But the reality is people are waiting for tomorrow to change their lives and they are certain they will know the sign when they see it.

Most people believe one of two things. The bible is bogus so they don't fear a mark they don't believe in. Or they consider themselves Christian and are certain that they would never receive the mark of the beast.

We must remember that it was those with the greatest certainty about the messiah who rejected the Christ. My opinion is today's church leadership is much the same as the Pharisees and Sadducees were 2000 years ago? Today's Pastors take the place of honor and to their congregation appear to be more righteous. For many it appears that these men have obtained an almost unobtainable place of righteousness.

The pastors of most churches are educated men, who have extensively studied scripture. They have memorized most if not all the New Testament. They sit down and spend time developing a sermon so that they engage the audience. But this is not what scripture says. Scripture says no one is to be called teacher, but later it says some of you will be given the gift to teach, and again it says not all of you should presume to be teachers. It is these apparent contradictions and the churches inability to provide an answer that turns many away, or causes some to accept some of the bible but search for "the rest of the truth" somewhere else.

The answer is simple but you will not find this on Google. Jesus was right that no one should be called teacher because there is only one teacher who is the Christ.

Remember that Jesus said that anything that you pray for in my name you will relieve and later scripture says anyone who seeks wisdom should ask God and he will be given it. Again scripture says all the gifts of the spirit are available to anyone who believes. Christ says if you have just a mustard seed of faith you could tell this mountain to move and it will move.

The answer is this only Christ is the teacher; I am only a vessel that is used by Christ to teach. I prayed for wisdom and I trusted scripture that I would receive it. So by faith I received what was promised. I told God that I knew he had given me the gift of speech and that I wanted to use it to teach so he gave me the ability to let the Holy Spirit speak through me. I do not have a prepared list of answers for you. I respond according to what I believe the spirit is saying to me.

If I am a teacher it is not me teaching but the Holy Spirit teaching through me. The bible promises this gift to all who believe. What scripture is saying is be careful what you pray for because you will be given the gift to teach, but because you wanted to teach you will be held to a higher standard. The bible promises wisdom to all who believe. There is no need to go to Bible College or converse with an elder on the meaning of scripture for the scripture is clear that the Holy Spirit, the very spirit of Christ will teach all believers all things.

When we come together it is to share our gifts and build each other up. We were not intended to go listen to a man tell us how to live our lives. We, all believers, make up the church, each of us with our gifts that should be shared with the entire congregation, so that all may learn and be built up equally. There is no hierarchy in the Church of Christ but there is a hierarchy in today's modern church.

Here is more evidence. Even Paul asks the church why do you call yourselves followers of this man or that. Because Paul had already taught them that the Holy Spirit is the teacher and that he was just a man, a sinner just like them. He told them that he had no special powers that someone should say they follow him. He said this and he was literally healing the sick. But you see it was not Paul that was healing the sick but the Holy Spirit healing the sick using Paul as the vessel.

The truth needs to be told. Christ is not found at church he is found in a man. People believe they have to go to church to learn how to be like Jesus. When the reality is all they have to do is repent and have faith that Christ is in them and ready to lead them down the narrow path that leads to life.

Listen to, don't just merely read the following verse.

Luke 17:21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Ephesians 4:30 “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”

2 Corinthians 1:21 “Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a deposit.”

Ephesians 1:13 “In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.”

2 Corinthians 5:5 “Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.”

You speak of a Kingdom that is too come, while the bible talks about the Kingdom that is already here. You worry about tomorrow but the bible says worry about today. Anyone can enter the Kingdome of Heaven today; there is no reason to wait for judgment, for judgment to is happening today. Everyone can repent and be baptized by the spirit today. All who turn to God will receive the true seal of God, the promise of the eternal Kingdome.

God is the God of the living not the dead.

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power."

I give you one challenge. Stop looking for answers at church, on the web, or in a book. Instead look within to the Kingdome of God in you and believe that the Holy Spirit wants you to have all the knowledge you desire. When you are truly ready to forget what you think you know and let Christ teach you what you need to know read the New Testament again.

Please understand that I say this not to sound righteous although I admit without knowing me that could be hard. I say this because the gifts of the Holy Spirit are incomprehensible and you will only gain the knowledge you seek if you look to him for the answer. He is the key to unlocking the meaning of scripture and only through Christ can one gain the wisdom of God. The answer is truly locked up in faith. Not my faith or the Pastors faith but your faith. This is one of the marvelous things in God's plans.

edit on 14-5-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I have always enjoyed your work my friend.

This piece is above and beyond...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

-

The idea of a savior - son of god - is WAY older than the story of Jesus... (Horus)

Within a few verses of humanity's first sin (creating the need for a redeemer/savior) described in Genesis chapter 3 we come across God's first promise indicating that the matter would be resolved

Considering this promise to man takes place while there is still but to people on the whole earth I would say that the idea of a savior was WAY BEFORE the Egyptian empire and their theology!

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

counterpart New testament verse ...
Hebrews 2:14 Because God's children are human beings--made of flesh and blood--the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.

-

The idea of a virgin mother is WAY older than Mary (Isis)..

I don't see how this is a particularly strong attack against the Bible??? We see the mention of a virgin birth in Isaiah 7:14, ' Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.'

Maybe I am not doing this question justice but to me when the blood of Jesus has been found and analyzed and shown that his Father was not a human father it is of little importance to try and say the story of a virgin birth was copied from somewhere else.

-

The story of commandments from God (Code of Hammurabi) is WAY older than Moses

The Divine Law which lasts forever and will never be changed is before the earth was even created so that rules out the code of Hammurabi being older. Satan transgressed the commandments of God, namely the 1st commandment before he was even thrown out of heaven.

-

The story of The Serpent in the Garden (Enki) is WAY older than The garden of Eden

The serpent in the garden is when there are yet two people on earth still in Eden before the Sumerian empire. This is an example of adequate defense from a Christian perspective. The attack should have no bearing on us but I have done little more than defend it which surely won't make any new believers out of you.

-

" Jesus is called "The Shepard" this is what the son of Amen was called! Amen-Ra was the Eye of the pyramid... "
" The pyramid is the "chief corner stone" , this is what they called Jesus in Greek in The Bible! It is all mythology."

Read some books that show that Jesus was a real historical figure. Why would the Jews have all manner of curses written down for their people if they attempt to calculate 'the days' in the book of Daniel which exactly pointed to when their long promised messiah would come. They don't create fake curses if the person was just made up!!!!

Rabbinic Curse to calculate the days in Daniel to find the Messiah

A Sage said: "May the curse of heaven fall upon those who calculate the date of the advent of the Messiah, and thus create political and social unrest among the people." Sanhedrin, 97b. Louis Newman and Samuel Spitz, The Talmudic anthology: tales and teachings of the rabbis (Behrman House, 1945): 277. ISBN 0874413036, 9780874413038

Rabbis after the time of Christ have pronounced a curse on anyone who would attempt to calculate the dates of this chapter. - Talmud Sanhedrin 97b, Soncino ed., p. 659.

HAS MESSIAH COME?
by Avram Yehoshua
A most amazing thing occurs in the ninth chapter of Daniel: we’re told when Messiah would come. But instead of explaining it to us, our Rabbis curse anyone wanting to find it out: ‘Rabbi Samuel b. Nachmani said in the name (of) Rabbi Jonathan: ‘Blasted be the bones of those who calculate the end.’ (1) Some of our Rabbis, in a further attempt to keep us from Daniel, even state that Daniel was wrong. Alfred Edersheim, a Talmudic scholar who would come to know Messiah said, ‘later Rabbinism, which, naturally enough, could not find its way through the Messianic prophecies of the book, declared that even Daniel was mistaken’ (2).

Footnotes to the above:
1 Sanford R. Howard, L’Chayim: Finding The Light of Shalom (Thorsby, AL: Sabbath House, Inc., 1999), p. 209. Sanhedrin 97b, vol. 2, p. 659, Soncino Press. Editorial footnote #6 says, ‘i.e., Messiah’s advent.’
2 Alfred Edersheim, The Life and Times of Jesus The Messiah (Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 2000), p. 957. Bere#h Rabba 98 (a midrash or commentary on Genesis). Edersheim lived from 1825 to 1889 C.E.

Follow link to trek down those quotes

edit on 15-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Autowrench, you make the argument that the bible is highly edited and mistranslated ect....I would like to know what are the major teachings in the Bible that are in jeopardy from your perspective from these inaccuracies you see. I remember reading a few years back that multiple experts had done studies on this kind of attack against the bible. My memory is foggy on this area, but the conclusion they reached was that all the major elements/doctrines are intact and these 'errors' have no impact on them. What is your perspective on this?

I will have to try recall where it was I read this, perhaps in Lee Strobel's 'The case for the Real Jesus' book

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

I can assure you that I am under no sense of slavery to choose to follow the guidelines from God that lead to the greatest physical, spiritual, emotional and mental vitality all throughout ones life.

But, WHY do you choose it? Is it because you are scared of hell? Is it because of fear? If not, then I agree you aren't under slavery because you aren't pressured into following it and you are doing it with your own free-will. There are people who only follow this because they fear a "hell", so in that case it WOULD be slavery. They only do it because they feel like they are escaping a punishment from the god. Just like a victim only gives the money because there is a gun to their head...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join