It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CISPA Passed NO ONE Cared

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
CISPA was passed. I'm angry. You should be too.

Yes, news of this was already shared. However, this is my rant.

How the hell did this happen?
Companies paid off?
Was everyone really that desensitized because of SOPA. Not a peep from major sites as they railed against SOPA?

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or H.R. 3523, just passed the U.S. House of Representatives after the day-long hearing. Originally expected to be debated on the floor of the House today for a vote tomorrow, the bill’s supporters decided to push the vote today and it went through with 248 to 168. More...

The vote went through, 248 to 168. REALLY? Two-hundred and six of the votes for CISPA were GOP. Is this a ploy to get at Dems/Libs? Did they even read the bill? DO they even care? Well, you know what it is not funny. Quit playing games.

List of who voted it in and who voted against.

Now what?

Let's work on the VETO.
If you're representatives voted for it let them know you are dissatisfied. Let the White House know, as it was brought up, that this needs to be a VETO.

edit on 26-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why waste resources debating something Obama already said he would Veto?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk

Because that veto threat is just a show?

Obama threatens Veto of NDAA

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

So, apathy is the answer?

Same crap when I posted about the NDAA last summer that Obama said he would never sign years prior. But he did.
edit on 26-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Because that veto threat is just a show?

Obama threatens Veto of NDAA

Exactly. I don't trust him or the show of what is going on. It's a big show. The Left/ The Right is a big show. See what I was getting at? If no one speaks up. No one knows about it. They get away with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It's already too late. It's been planned and decided on a long time ago.

And now it passes not with a bang but a whisper...

There is no stopping the mad men in power until the people rise up. The question is what will it take for that to happen? Nothing short of blood in the streets is my guess.

Peace

edit on 26-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Because of this:

Veto override

In the United States, Congress can override a presidential veto by having a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and Senate, thus enacting the bill into law despite the president's veto. However, a veto may not be overridden if it is a pocket veto, a veto in which the president simply ignores a bill between congressional sessions. The veto override is an example of checks and balances, the process in which various branches of the U.S. government can limit each others' power.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm mad enough...and Obama's veto threat makes me laugh. Oh does THAT one make me laugh. Obama has had 2 vetoes in his term. To go back to the last President who agreed with Congress so much....or Congress actually produced so little to sign..we have to go all the way back to President GARFIELD. He actually had 0 but only served 7 MONTHS. So...Obama is going to make one of his precious few few vetos on THIS? Yeah... it's a game to force the bill to include something or other he wants to see in it. He'll pass it without hesitation if he gets whatever they are driving the hard bargain for now that it's out of the Republican House and clear for the Senate to dig into.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust Obama to handle it.
edit on 26-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Mad? Angry? Disappointed? You betcha. So it goes to the Senate next and according to Politico the Senate will start to debate/vote on this next month. I would suggest that anyone who is upset by this start writing to your Senator now, don't wait. Now. You wanna be heard? Then shout it from the rooftops, but it's not a foregone conclusion it will be passed just yet. If this passes the Senate I have no doubt that Obama will sign it no matter what he says about a veto.... we've heard that story before.

The Senate is expected to turn to the issue next month.
Politico.com

Short of that, check the White House website to see if there is already an online petition on CISPA, sign it if you feel the need and if there is not already one on the topic... start one.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What I'd also like to know is why didn't Ron Paul vote...... why didn't the Libatarian vote NO ?

Any RP supporters out there with an explanation ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

time to just get our number stamped on our foreheads I think

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It's already too late. It's been planned and decided on a long time ago.

And now it passes not with a bang but a whisper...

There is no stopping the mad men in power until the people rise up. The question is what will it take for that to happen? Nothing short of blood in the streets is my guess.

Peace

edit on 26-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Well then. You're ahead to put the word out if this type of bill comes to Canada. Well, ACTA was signed by Canada.

Summer is coming, or already here in some places and it will be eventful. As is the Euro Parliament vote on ACTA hopefully a Quick vote this June could kill treaty.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

What I'd also like to know is why didn't Ron Paul vote...... why didn't the Libatarian vote NO ?

Any RP supporters out there with an explanation ?

I seen that and am looking that up. I do know he's against it and has spoken against it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

"CISPA" Is it going to pass this time? People might be so tired of hearing about it that they ju
I assume that was going to say "that they just forget about it" or something like that. I was worried that was going happen too. The first few bills were simply their way of "wearing down" the opposition until no one had any energy left to defend the internet.

Ranting prediction! Obama will sign CISPA into law with glee!
Yes... he will. And if you actually think he will veto it you had want to get your brain checked out for mass gullibilititosis.

And let us not forget exactly what this bill allows the Government to do...

CISPA allows Internet Service Providers to “funnel private communications and related information back to the government without adequate privacy protections and controls.
The bill does not specify which agencies ISPs could disclose customer data to, but the structure and incentives in the bill raise a very real possibility that the National Security Agency or the DOD’s Cybercommand would be the primary recipient,” reads the warning.

Even worse than SOPA: New CISPA cybersecurity bill will censor the Web

If CISPA were to pass, companies could spy on the electronic communications of millions of Internet users and pass sensitive information to the government with no form of judicial oversight. No guidelines are provided to companies about what data can be collected and transferred, and the bill offers companies sweeping immunities provided they act in "good faith," giving them exemption from liability for all "decisions made" based on "cyberthreat information"—a term the bill leaves nebulous.

CISPA and Anon

edit on 26-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I popped over to a RP thread and posed the question .. be interesting to see what they have to say...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the link on ACTA ... hadn't heard of that before .... yes we live in interesting times ....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Blogger jailed for promoting Paleo diet, from N. News shares of a blogger being jailed for advocating the Paleo diet to people with diabetes. In his state It's a Misdemeanor for the "practice dietetics or nutrition" but on a on a blog? Really? You mean people can't make their own choice of seeking non professional advice, etc. online?
Look to Arizona's newly passed law too.

If this can happen already, now what?

Ripe for abuse.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

I popped over to a RP thread and posed the question .. be interesting to see what they have to say...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the link on ACTA ... hadn't heard of that before .... yes we live in interesting times ....

I've seen nothing so far. Figure in time we will. Thanks for asking/sharing that.

No problem, have to get the word out on all of the activity. In the end it all ties into restricting the net worldwide.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Holy Smoke ....
"As you read this, a blogger who wrote about using the Paleo diet to overcome diabetes is being threatened with jail time in North Carolina, where the state Board of Dietetics / Nutrition claims his nutritional advocacy is equivalent to the crime of "practicing nutrition without a license."

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

free speech dying a death gasping for it last breath on the floor....

will ATS have to take down it's vitamin C thread soon ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Well I actually found this thread after I heard about the CISPA situation in this thread:

He touched on the fact that CISPA was passed with a majority vote earlier today, and he was MAD about it, you could truly feel his disbelief and anger.

Ron Paul Rally in Austin, TX

Looking at that voting record it appears as though Ron Paul didn't even vote. Perhaps he was busy or something?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join